We NEED race change! [Merged]

58 minutes ago, Dave.6819 said:

I know.. i guess it's really hard to implement such ticket cuz of personal story line. But nothing is impossible, a man can dream. Worst case scenario just erase our story mode "My Story" part (not the LW/Expansion story parts). As i understand only "My Story" part is somewhat dependable on your race/choices.

33 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Would gladly use this option at least once, My Story be damned.

Its not just the Personal Story itself, the old and tangled code of the game has a habit of braking things when there are changes to the PS or to things directly effecting the PS. 

Its not going to happen.

• Like 4

On 6/28/2021 at 11:17 AM, kharmin.7683 said:

A simple forums search would have yielded previous threads on this topic which already had these answers.

This ^^

This topic has been brought up countless times before with the same answers each time.  

Search Function = MVP

Edited by Gregg.3970
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

If you want to play another race, just create another character. It's very easy to level up and gear a character.

You can even transfer names by buying name change contracts (it's not like race change would be free either), if you really want a character with your name as another race, but don't want to delete the character due to birthday gifts or something.

Race change is not needed, you're just unhappy and regret decisions you made in character select.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Lottie.5370 said:

If you want to play another race, just create another character. It's very easy to level up and gear a character.

You can even transfer names by buying name change contracts (it's not like race change would be free either), if you really want a character with your name as another race, but don't want to delete the character due to birthday gifts or something.

Race change is not needed, you're just unhappy and regret decisions you made in character select.

This is the post for ppl who need and want a race change. Why would u come here with your cancel attitude even. We need it. If you dont it doesnt mean many of us dont either.

Edited by Dave.6819
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Dave.6819 said:

This is the post for ppl who need and want a race change. Why would u come here with your cancel attitude even. We need it. If you dont it doesnt mean many of us dont either.

Except you don't need it, and you're not going to get it either, I just gave some ways for you to essentially get the same outcome that you want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Dave.6819 said:

This is the post for ppl who need and want a race change.

No it's really not. It's an open forum thread discussing whether such a thing would bring benefit to the game. One of the by-products of such threads is that other players often suggest workarounds to perceived issues.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Dave.6819 said:

You don't to get to gatekeep who gets to post in this thread, everyone with an account can post irrespective of what their opinions are.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

You don't to get to gatekeep who gets to post in this thread, everyone with an account can post irrespective of what their opinions are.

I don't pretend to gatekeep this. It just boggles my mind how people that are not even interested in such ticket comes here and says "NOOO We DoNt NeED ThIs". Why would someone do that? If you aren't interested then what's the point of cancelling? Some people do want such ticket and they would pay money for it. Sure keep trashing the post if it makes you feel better. All you do is show disrespect to our community and it's needs. If someone wants something i don't just go and trash their needs for no reason. So whose the real gatekeeper in this situation? Us who  just want something as an option or those who are trying to put playerbase needs and opinions down?

Edited by Dave.6819
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

Anet has already said that race-changes are basically not possible because it would change too many things in the character data file. and save-file (in their own testing, it basically broke the save-file for every character they tried it on. which basically ended the ability to play that character. anyone who broke a save-file while modding Skyrim understands this concept, and broken save-files in MMOs would kill them faster than baking a PS5 at 500 degrees farenheit for thirty minutes would kill that console.) in other words: in hyperbole: in order to make it happen, they'd have to divert all their resources to it and we wouldn't get anything new for a decade.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dave.6819 said:

I don't pretend to gatekeep this. It just boggles my mind how people that are not even interested in such ticket comes here and says "NOOO We DoNt NeED ThIs". Why would someone do that? If you aren't interested then what's the point of cancelling? Some people do want such ticket and they would pay money for it. Sure keep trashing the post if it makes you feel better. All you do is show disrespect to our community and it's needs. If someone wants something i don't just go and trash their needs for no reason. So whose the real gatekeeper in this situation? Us who  just want something as an option or those who are trying to put playerbase needs and opinions down?

Read this

35 minutes ago, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

Anet has already said that race-changes are basically not possible because it would change too many things in the character data file. and save-file (in their own testing, it basically broke the save-file for every character they tried it on. which basically ended the ability to play that character. anyone who broke a save-file while modding Skyrim understands this concept, and broken save-files in MMOs would kill them faster than baking a PS5 at 500 degrees farenheit for thirty minutes would kill that console.) in other words: in hyperbole: in order to make it happen, they'd have to divert all their resources to it and we wouldn't get anything new for a decade.

We, that is those of us responding to this thread, are not the ones "Cancelling" you "Ticket", we are pointing out that ARENANET, the people that made this game, have stated....That. They. Can't. Do. This.

• Thanks 6

46 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Read this

We, that is those of us responding to this thread, are not the ones "Cancelling" you "Ticket", we are pointing out that ARENANET, the people that made this game, have stated....That. They. Can't. Do. This.

Thanks for pointing it out, i knew about their statement before even posting. Same Arenanet that said mounts are impossible? So you know, "Cant" is a very strong word.

Edited by Dave.6819
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Dave.6819 said:

Thanks for pointing it out, i knew about their statement before even posting. Same Arenanet that said mounts are impossible? So you know, "Cant" is a very strong word.

No, Arenanet never said mounts were impossible, nor that they'd never have them in GW2, only that they weren't going to be available at launch back in 2012.  People keep referencing mounts as if they're some kind of "insta-win the argument" card when they really, really aren't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1