We NEED race change! [Merged]

21 minutes ago, Dave.6819 said:

ftfy, yw.

There's a big difference between disagreement and cancelling.

Trying to "cancel" any kind of disagreement by painting it to be some kind of nefarious action out to suppress you, neither helps the discussion nor does it give your stance on the subject any credibility.

If you really want a race change option in this game, you're better off to offer some suggestions as to what the benefits are for both ANet and the playerbase as a whole, and how those benefits outweigh possible drawbacks (most prominent among those the development costs of the proposed change). Then we could actually have a productive discussion about the subject, and maybe come up with ideas that would lead ANet to consider working on it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

No, Arenanet never said mounts were impossible, nor that they'd never have them in GW2, only that they weren't going to be available at launch back in 2012.  People keep referencing mounts as if they're some kind of "insta-win the argument" card when they really, really aren't.

Yeah, this - as far as I remember AN didn't even mention mounts all that much, it was all players talking on forums/reddits - usually someone coming over from other mmo's requesting a feature and other players claiming that there is no point for mounts in gw2.

The only technical "impossible" context I remember was WoW-like "flying" mounts - basically those would not exactly work within the map system of gw2 without huge overhaul. And that still holds up which is one of many reasons why we still don't have those mounts (closest to it being skyscale and still being fairly limited in how high and how far it can "fly").

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dave.6819 said:

This is the post for ppl who need and want a race change. Why would u come here with your cancel attitude even. We need it. If you dont it doesnt mean many of us dont either.

Because 'WE' do not need it.!! No one needs it!! YOU want it and your DEMANDS do not reflect what others may politely request.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Blude.6812 said:

Because 'WE' do not need it.!! No one needs it!! YOU want it and your DEMANDS do not reflect what others may politely request.

It's like i'm the one who created this post and i'm alone posting on it? Clearly i'm not the only one, just go back and read it.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Dave.6819 said:

Thanks for pointing it out, i knew about their statement before even posting. Same Arenanet that said mounts are impossible? So you know, "Cant" is a very strong word.

Can you provide a citation?  I've only read that Mounts would not be available; never anything about them 'being impossible'.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Dave.6819 said:

ftfy, yw.

Please understand the terms you're trying to use. Nobody's being "cancelled" here just because people disagree with your idea and offer you workarounds (as in paying money -exactly like you wanted to- for a character slot, lvl booster and name change ticket). Nothing about that has anything to do with "c.cul." like you keep repeating for some reason. This is simply not what it means.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/22/2022 at 1:54 AM, Sobx.1758 said:

Please understand the terms you're trying to use. Nobody's being "cancelled" here just because people disagree with your idea and offer you workarounds (as in paying money -exactly like you wanted to- for a character slot, lvl booster and name change ticket). Nothing about that has anything to do with "c.cul." like you keep repeating for some reason. This is simply not what it means.

I think it's obvious how to workaround it. Char slot/tomes/name change/inventory expansion slots.. that's quite expensive. Inventory slots alone will cost you quite alot. Plus what about map completion? Anyway, we all know how to workaround it yet some people still want such ticket. But i guess it's impossible like everyone is saying. Hopefully anet will prove you wrong in the future.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, Dave.6819 said:

I think it's obvious how to workaround it. Char slot/tomes/name change/inventory expansion slots.. that's quite expensive. Inventory slots alone will cost you quite alot. Plus what about map completion? Anyway, we all know how to workaround it yet some people still want such ticket. But i guess it's impossible like everyone is saying. Hopefully anet will prove you wrong in the future.

You mean Anet proving Anet wrong.

• Like 2

The only thing for which I want this is to not have to explore the world again...68% map exploration is well enough for me and I really really hate to do it on every character which I have to create when I want to experiment something new just because I cannot change race.

There are solutions if personal story?Then reset it the first part

I would totally love a race change option and definitely buy at least 5 of them.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Amnariel.3659 said:

The only thing for which I want this is to not have to explore the world again...68% map exploration is well enough for me and I really really hate to do it on every character which I have to create when I want to experiment something new just because I cannot change race.

There are solutions if personal story?Then reset it the first part

I would totally love a race change option and definitely buy at least 5 of them.

If it’s just about opening waypoints, there are unlock packs for those, right?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/23/2022 at 5:34 PM, Gibson.4036 said:

I forgot the point gathering part to unlock specializations again* and unlocked extra bag slots,etc

In short I only see benefits in race change and I don't get why is that hard to find a solution to solve this

Edited by Amnariel.3659
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Dracomet.3648 said:

If the problem of Race change is cause of personal story choices, then the solution is simple:

Give us a Personal Story Choice Change Kit!!!!

The point is that changing things in the Personal Story breaks important parts of the game....your "solution" would probably only make that even worse.

• Like 3

On 1/23/2022 at 10:34 AM, Gibson.4036 said:

Yes, but I think that's not a great option if you are trying to change your main since you have to pay for it. And you would still end up losing any bag slots you had bought for that character since they aren't transferable.

FWIW I don't think we need race changes in the game at all, but switching mains can be more involved than just unlocking waypoints

Constraints aside, not having race change is a massive nuisance.  I have 3 re-rolled alts I've been painfully whittling away at trying to get caught up to my current mains due to my apparent poor choices in original race.  

Basically what I'm trying to say is...throw us Asura and Norn mains a fashion bone.  I'll give you whatever money you ask for!  Nobody even pays attention to personal story!

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, OriOri.8724 said:

Yes, but I think that's not a great option if you are trying to change your main since you have to pay for it. And you would still end up losing any bag slots you had bought for that character since they aren't transferable.

FWIW I don't think we need race changes in the game at all, but switching mains can be more involved than just unlocking waypoints

There’s definitely more, but I was responding to someone who said the one thing that bothered them was having to do world exploration again. And they mentioned only reaching 68%, which seems like they just mean opening up enough to get around as needed.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Borked.6824 said:

Constraints aside, not having race change is a massive nuisance.  I have 3 re-rolled alts I've been painfully whittling away at trying to get caught up to my current mains due to my apparent poor choices in original race.  

Basically what I'm trying to say is...throw us Asura and Norn mains a fashion bone.  I'll give you whatever money you ask for!  Nobody even pays attention to personal story!

First off, you don't actually know that "no one pays attention to the Personal Story".  Second, and this is the second time I've had to say this TODAY on this thread, but due to how the game is coded changing things that change the personal story BREAKS THE kittenING GAME. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

First off, you don't actually know that "no one pays attention to the Personal Story".  Second, and this is the second time I've had to say this TODAY on this thread, but due to how the game is coded changing things that change the personal story BREAKS THE kittenING GAME. 

Yep, and I'm saying it's a nuisance. Chill.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

4 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

and this is the second time I've had to say this TODAY on this thread, but due to how the game is coded changing things that change the personal story BREAKS THE kittenING GAME. 

First, just to applaud your herculean effort in having to have to repeat yourself. Truly inspiring.

Second, I would love to see ironclad evidence that such a change would BREAK THE kittenING GAME as you have so eloquently stated. 

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Duglaive.5236 said:

Second, I would love to see ironclad evidence that such a change would BREAK THE kittenING GAME as you have so eloquently stated. 

Feel free to use the forums search feature.  Those of us who have been around here for a while remember the point being made.  I'm sure that you can find it.

• Like 2