What exactly is warriors unique thing?

Myror.7521

Mes got clones evades stealth

Thief got stealth blinds evades

Guardian got Blocks aegis blinds

Necro got 2 lifebar barriere and aoe spaming

What is actually warriors unique kitten? Shouldnt it be damage on cc or at least high weapon damage? Actually warrior got not mutch unique kitten i mean okay a might heal skill lmao. Pls buff damage of warriors so they will got actually back to the 1v1 lvl in pvp as it was before.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

@Infusion.7149 I actually would say yes to this but since actually 90% of all burst skills dont dealing rly high damage. Not that mutch unique.

Stealth blind, evades, blocks and barriers don't deal rly high damage (or any at all) as well ON TOP OF NOT BEING UNIQUE FOR CLASS, but somehow that didn't seem the be the problem for you. It's almost as if your opening post wasn't really thought through, but just a "buff my class" bait 🤔 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

It used have great trait synergies with heal signet, forceful greatsword, mmr, tether etc that made it have enough survivability in fight to make it feel like a great brawler class.

Warrior is still predictable with skills that have a fair telegraph and still has the basic hard cc-->burst playstyles that punish players fairly for their missteps. Unfortunately with the gutting of the trait synergies and the loss of all discernable damage from cc's warriors viability was hit from the Feb patch quite a bit harder than most other classes, at least it's power variant. Even being known as bottom tier everywhere anet continued to think that warrior was in a great spot and almost a ideal balanced state for them to aim for the rest of the classes. This is a problem because especially with anet bringing classes down to warrior level could take multiple years leaving warrior as the ideal balanced class but the less ideal pick for years, real smart anet.

They then went onto nerfing the 2 most used traits in the Warrior's Defense traitline to a point of uselessness.

Warrior later surfaced with a decent heal build, cuz u kno when u picked warrior it was to be a healer, but at least it had 1 viable build. This of course was later nerfed as well.

Warrior should be the class players fear the most in melee combat but anet somehow achieved the opposite. Honestly the balance devs for gw2 are something else.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Unique?

Banners, healing shouts, Burst skills, adrenaline.

More of than most classes?

CC, highly telegraphed and avoidable attacks.

Less of?

Complexity, Big D damage, Low Risk/High Reward cheese.

tempest shouts heal too :P

Banners I don't really consider unique in the sense they are just a buff. After all the skills were taken away it isn't all that unique IMO.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

tempest shouts heal too 😛

Banners I don't really consider unique in the sense they are just a buff. After all the skills were taken away it isn't all that unique IMO.

Warriors were the OG Shout healer. Nerf Tempest Shouts plox. j/k I don't want other classes nerfed I want warrior buffed.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

tempest shouts heal too 😛

Still unique the only class who can put down banner and only wanted because of banner in term of PvE.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DKRathalos.9625 said:

Still unique the only class who can put down banner and only wanted because of banner in term of PvE.

It's not exactly "only wanted because of banner", beacuse it can fill up the dps spot too. It "only has reserved spot in squads" because of banner.

• Confused 1

To me the warrior's most unique thing is the battle standard elite skill. I remember finishing off multiple opponents while revivng team mates simultanously and instantly, when done right it's pretty nice, but not like mesmer's teleports and clones. I think nothing that a gw2 class can offer is more unique than those. I don't see too many Eles around doing it but I really love their conjured weapons. Banners supposed to be somewhat similar to conjured weapons, but our amazing dev team removed banner skills instead of improving them. 

what else I can say, warrior's most unique thing is some skills are designed to kitten yourself up. like headbutt to stun yourself. or natural healing to remove your own boons. and in pvp, we have 2h hammers. deals 0 damage. and you may see the number "zero" on screen to make sure you understand you are useless. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Unique things are overrated. If being unique and having unique things is important to you, warrior isn't the class to play. I do appreciate the volume of CC and stun breaks they get, though that isn't exactly unique. 

PS. I like how OP went from complaining about lack to uniqueness right into "buff DPS for PVP plz". I don't see how those things are related, but at least it's honest. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

To give a serious answer, I always saw warrior as the "base" profession.  That is, it has the basic tools but high numbers on them, and then every other profession gets the unique things at the cost of losing some of the basics.  This is also why it took me until PoF to make a Warrior, and also why it is the least played profession in my arsenal.  I just don't enjoy it when all a class does is damage, block, and CC.  

It makes it weird with how warrior is balanced right now.  In a PVP/WvW sense they're good at CC, but damage or sustain-wise they aren't anything special.  I rarely see them roaming, and in zergs they're primary function is to use Winds of Disenchantment.  PVE wise they're banner bots, or they're generic DPS.  

Now, build a warrior that can swap around vanilla, berserker and spellbreaker classes without changing any armor weapons and trinkets, decent in 1 v 1 (no sheats running in the background or real time nerfing), fun to play at little same numbers skirmish amd epic in zerg vs zerg fights.