Is this the new Mesmer Elite Spec? ( From the Studio Update)

DanAlcedo.3281

So another duellist spec? If so I'd pray for a pure power duellist as I am tired of seeing trailblazer mesmers, always been funnier to face power shatter than staff "zzzzzzz" campers. Those are definitely daggers....consider me interested

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Like 1

Color-wise, it's a mesmer. By the size of the blade, it's a dagger. Their left arm is pointing out something at "us", and I'd guess it's another dagger, therefore potentially a dual-dagger spec.

The 5 floating daggers over the head hints at a dedicated DPS spec, and they remind me of League of Legend's Irelia's floating blades, which would be pretty cool.

Something like an illusionist bladedancer?

• Like 1

"We’ve got a new trailer, feature reveals and information, news about elite specialization beta events, and details about the story, characters, art, event design, and more. We want to make sure you have many secrets to discover when you visit Cantha yourself, so while we won’t be spoiling things, we still have lots to share between now and release! "

News about elite specialization beta events!!!   

So...  it seems that we will be able to test the new specializations in advance at some point to give them feedback and maybe find bugs, etc, in the final stages of development.  Interesting and practical, probably a decision made due to delayed expansion. Not sure if it will kill the surprise factor once the expansion is released.  But sure that i will test all them.  😁 

Just now, Zoser.7245 said:

"We’ve got a new trailer, feature reveals and information, news about elite specialization beta events, and details about the story, characters, art, event design, and more. We want to make sure you have many secrets to discover when you visit Cantha yourself, so while we won’t be spoiling things, we still have lots to share between now and release! "

So...  it seems that we will be able to test the new specializations in advance at some point to give them feedback and maybe find bugs, etc, in the final stages of development.  Interesting and practical, probably a decision made due to delayed expansion. Not sure if it will kill the surprise factor once the expansion is released.  But sure that i will test all them.  😁 

Yup, this is how it was done with the prior expansions too.

• Like 1

Judging by the way the daggers held, imma Say it looks to be a Mid Range Throwing Weapon.

if thats actually Mesmer.

imma Say its going to wield Summoned Weapons which it Fires at targets from Mid Range, look back to GW1 Shiroken it wont be a duellist.. its going to be a Mid Range DPS, i'll imagine, it looks like we'll likely getting a Standard Throwing knife Weapon. And our shatter mechanic replaced with Illusionary weapons.

We'll prolly get some Mid Range Cleave abilities.

however, we'll likely keep phantasms... Which means that Animation of when they do Damage while being like 10% Visible.. will remain.. otherwise other weapons would be useless.

i'd imagine Pistol will be the offhand to go to if u want a mid ranged gameplay.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

So another duellist spec?

literally my primary concern since EoD's announcement

i'm so sick of how trashy Mesmer traitlines are 

75% is all condi focused that are even remotely strong to begin with, let alone being considered a freaking "trait" or "choice" at all

(coughs in Inspiration grandmasters [minus signets], Protected Phantasms, Inspiring Distortion, Chaotic Interruption, etc, list that goes on and on)

Superiority Complex, Fencer's Finesse, and Egotism being basically pretty much the only core mesmer traits to stand out as even being worth picking up at all for a power based spec is disgusting for an entire class to work toward/for

buT aT LEaSt PoWER mEsMer iS StRonG  iN pVE i GUeSs

however, with Greatsword being so.... unorthodox.... a dagger could still be manipulated differently

especially with Illusionary Weaponry as its base structure, that concept in name alone can offer an insane variety of outcomes

we can.... only hope... 

1 hour ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Hope it is something like that instead of the music thingy everyone wants.

i meeeeaaaaan, i don't mind the music themes

the Mesmer itself has always had Siren's Song underwater, i've always wanted mainhand horn since the game's launch, personally

it fits perfectly fine, especially with Cantha and Kurzick Tree Singers, and Luxon's being.... uhh, "pirate-y", which can still tie into shanties/bards at ports/sirens again/etc

there's a lot they can work with lore-wise, so, it's completely fair  

not to mention pre-launch-pre-mesmer-announcement Bard as an april fools joke, when Mesmer was announced i honestly expected them to have some sort of music-related something due to the Bard joke 

but, yea

at this point, i will take A.N.Y.T.H.I.N.G. that lets us be unbound to the freaking NPC destructible/CC-able class mechanic that we've been locked into for literally a decade  

Illusionary Weaponry was definitely my close second in favorites to a music theme, so.... again.... one can only hope they don't make anymore atrociously poor decisions.....

Edited by Alpha.1308
  • Like 1

I really wish that is not a just main hand close range dagger, since another expansion without 5 new weapon skills would suck so much, and we already have close range power weapon and condi weapon (I'm counting mirage axe). I still wish for a music spec for mesmer that can actually heal others. And I think there might still be a chance for that just because that picture is too pink to be mesmer purple, cool colour though.

52 minutes ago, Alpha.1308 said:

Illusionary Weaponry was definitely my close second in favorites to a music theme, so.... again.... one can only hope they don't make anymore atrociously poor decisions.....

Illusionary Weaponry could be amazing or a complete crap.   Imagine if they give us  an illusionary version of the engineer's turrets... easily killables and static...  💩😱  What a terrible nightmare only by imagining it.   I would prefer them as illusionary items that creates damage and/or combo fields.  More like scrapper choppers but ranged/ground target  that you can aim or something else but not like turrets ()  lol.  

Edited by Zoser.7245
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zoser.7245 said:

Illusionary Weaponry could be amazing or a complete crap.   Imagine if they give us  an illusionary version of the engineer's turrets... easily killables and static...  💩😱  What a terrible nightmare only by imagining it.   I would prefer them as illusionary items that creates damage and/or combo fields.  More like scrapper choppers but ranged or something else but not like turrets ()  lol.  

not turrets, i think it will look like Ele's Earth Scepter 2, which make stones float around you as a buff, and you can shoot them by activating the skill again.

I guess your clones could become the floating daggers so you could throw them with your shatters for different effects.

Does anyone also think the 5 ‘projectiles’ at the top could be the class icon? Maybe in more condensed (together) form

Since the projectiles look like the dagger, I think the weapon skill/s may be a dagger shooting phantasmal daggers in like 450 range maybe?

The overal spiky aesthetic makes me hope the spec will be about disruption/hexing. I’m so relieved it does not look like a music spec (I always considered that concept very trashy)

Edit: actually when I look at it, it can also be a spear as it extends way back. The projectiles look like spearheads kinda too, and shooting them makes sense (like paragon did in GW1). It could go in so many ways 

Edited by Mik.3401
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Zoser.7245 said:

They already did this for PoF classes (don't remember for HoT ones), they had beta weekends...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AXLIB.8425 said:

I really wish that is not a just main hand close range dagger, since another expansion without 5 new weapon skills would suck so much, and we already have close range power weapon and condi weapon (I'm counting mirage axe). I still wish for a music spec for mesmer that can actually heal others. And I think there might still be a chance for that just because that picture is too pink to be mesmer purple, cool colour though.

Not really anything else it CAN be, though. It's not that far off, and there's certainly no other profession colour that's closer. There are some elite specs that don't have the same colour scheme as the base profession (Deadeye comes to mind), but the silhouette looks like light armour and elementalists and necromancers already have daggers.

There may be an outside possibility of being a mesmer-like revenant legend if it's a really unusual heavy armour set.

• Like 1

Honestly tired of having this "music" narrative tagged onto mesmer. Mesmer is a duelist class and should stay as is to its intent not some support music class. Also I wouldnt be surprised if they gave mesmer double daggers considering spellbreaker had double daggers on release.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5