Condi trash meta, will EoD improve or make things worst?

Arheundel.6451

That's my only question, I mean 90% of current small scale is PBAoE condi spam with pocket healer : condi Herald, necromancer, celestial firebrand, cele scrapper with some tempest ....and that's all you see these days. The maps during off hours are full to the brink with gank guilds sporting a pocket army of trailblazer condi healer/tanks with perma boon support ,  I mean thieves and warrior have all but disappeared, you see nothing else but these condi trailblazers and the matter is made several times worst by the addition of broken ressing traits/utilities that makes redundant any attempt of direct dmg.

The Feb 2020 patch was a complete disaster, we desperately need  more access to direct power damage and boon removal, we need the tools to deal with this excessive usage of condi tanks, I miss the days when we could one-shot these asinine builds with players relaying on stats rather than awareness to accomplish anything.

There must be a limit to how much we can reward a gameplay that revolves on a player running in straight line or backpedalling, while firing off the entire build  bar consisting of PBAoE condi vomit

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Like 12
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

• Arheundel.6451 changed the title to Condi trash meta, will EoD improve or make things worst?

There aren't really any patterns we can look to in service of predicting this.  Nor do we have any statements from Anet indicating whether they are satisfied with the current state or, if they're dissatisfied, what they hope to fix in the future.

The only thing we can say with any certainty is that, somehow, the expansion is going to make things worse in terms of WvW balance.  Maybe they triple down on condi.  Maybe they swing way back and power becomes absurd.  Maybe they introduce new mechanics on the latest round of elite classes that become mandatory.  We don't know, but previous expansions seem to bear this out.  WvW simply isn't on their radar when designing new specs.  Perhaps it's not that they're bad at it, but that they don't try.

edit:  There's also a slight chance that they're for real this time and are going to consider WvW a cornerstone and maybe design specs with their WvW impact in mind.  That would be new, but it's possible.

Edited by Sviel.7493

7 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

That's my only question, I mean 90% of current small scale is PBAoE condi spam with pocket healer : condi Herald, necromancer, celestial firebrand, cele scrapper with some tempest ....and that's all you see these days.

Heralds are less common than before, but ye dragon heal and true nature deserves nothing but nukes

Celestial Firebrand I have seen exactly 2, counting myself testing the build...

Never seen celestial scrapper but it sounds terrible

Celestial tempest I have seen 1, that was me testing the build...

The maps during off hours are full to the brink with gank guilds sporting a pocket army of trailblazer condi healer/tanks with perma boon support ,  

That's not ganking, ganking groups would be running high mobility and high burst because they're ganking...

I mean thieves and warrior have all but disappeared

They're both common. 

you see nothing else but these condi trailblazers

Power is more common in all scales

and the matter is made several times worst by the addition of broken ressing traits/utilities that makes redundant any attempt of direct dmg.

Ressing traits/utilities should be nuked

The Feb 2020 patch was a complete disaster, we desperately need  more access to direct power damage and boon removal, we need the tools to deal with this excessive usage of condi tanks, I miss the days when we could one-shot these asinine builds with players relaying on stats rather than awareness to accomplish anything.

Boon removal is quite strong atm, power is more common than condi, one shotting is horrible for the game

There must be a limit to how much we can reward a gameplay that revolves on a player running in straight line or backpedalling, while firing off the entire build  bar consisting of PBAoE condi vomit

Have you tried, not standing in the AoEs or making the area too painful for them to stand in it?

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

On 7/4/2021 at 5:04 AM, lodjur.1284 said:

Heralds are less common than before, but ye dragon heal and true nature deserves nothing but nukes

Celestial Firebrand I have seen exactly 2, counting myself testing the build...

Never seen celestial scrapper but it sounds terrible

Celestial tempest I have seen 1, that was me testing the build...

That's not ganking, ganking groups would be running high mobility and high burst because they're ganking...

They're both common. 

Power is more common in all scales

Ressing traits/utilities should be nuked

Boon removal is quite strong atm, power is more common than condi, one shotting is horrible for the game

Have you tried, not standing in the AoEs or making the area too painful for them to stand in it?

guild_wars_2_necromancer_in_a_nutshell_100_pure

Google for this video, recently made by Lord Hizen, I can't link the video to the forum as it contains swear words, but watch the video..it should answer all your questions

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 11:19 PM, Telgum.6071 said:

It would be as easier as deleting trailblazer and nerfing celestial.

whats wrong with celestial tho? they deal low dmg take low dmg heal for low amount etc..

ye it might not go down instantly but he or she shouldnt insta down u either.

31 minutes ago, reddie.5861 said:

whats wrong with celestial tho? they deal low dmg take low dmg heal for low amount etc..

ye it might not go down instantly but he or she shouldnt insta down u either.

Well thats the thing, they dont go down for the people that deserve to insta down them. So by these people its not allowed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Google for this video, recently made by Lord Hizen, I can't link the video to the forum as it contains swear words, but watch the video..it should answer all your questions

You base an opinion on a meme video? Woah, slow down, friend. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Guild Wars 2 : Necromancer in a Nutshell ( 100% Pure Memes )
What swear words? 

There isn't? Also mods wouldn't care? 

Some random guy having a few numbers of extremely short clips most of which are on a power build with heavy boon removal answers what exactly?

It's like all jokes, I mean it's clearly not made to showcase any gameplay or make an arguments?

• Like 2

I certainly saw some strong condi builds in smaller fight situations, but that was before the torment change so no idea how much that changed and I don't run smallscale all that much.

That said the video that was posted only has one scene that is set in WvW and contains "strong" condi gameplay at the 2:40 mark. All the other wvw stuff in that video was not dependent on running condi or was actually power based.

Edited by Nauda.3678

New Superior Sigil of Cleansing:

When you swap weapons, delete any condition user's account within 1200 range.

Although I assume half of you aren't going to take it anyways because "i lose 5% damage" or something

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Although I assume half of you aren't going to take it anyways because "i lose 5% damage" or something

Make it also perma ban IP of that condi user and I'll take your entire stock.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

j

On 7/5/2021 at 9:34 PM, Voltekka.2375 said:

Just dodge, bud.

Dont need add more scrappers they also have perma aoe superspeed now.

Game now is:

Condi Tanks -  core necro, scourges, burn guards

Damage will be reapers and DH or burn guards

Everyone else minstrell.....

Edited by Aeolus.3615

On 7/5/2021 at 3:21 PM, ArchonWing.9480 said:

This. Soooo, so much this.

I've seen enough of OP's rantings to know they can't be reasoned with so I'm not going to waste the effort trying. All I'm going to say is that there are far, far more problematic Power builds than there are Condition builds, and that Condition builds are often only strong in 1v1's and in no other scale. 

Some of them are very not fun to fight, but you know what, that isn't a problem with Conditions, that's a problem with specific builds, and if changes are to be made they should target the skills, traits, etc. that are the source of the problem, not Conditions as a whole.
I don't know how many times I need to repeat the same thing in a different order every time one of these Condi whining threads comes up, but it's one of those things I vehemently disagree with and will always participate in just out of sheer frustration, lol.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Shroud.2307 said:

This. Soooo, so much this.

I've seen enough of OP's rantings to know they can't be reasoned with so I'm not going to waste the effort trying. All I'm going to say is that there are far, far more problematic Power builds than there are Condition builds, and that Condition builds are often only strong in 1v1's and in no other scale. 

Some of them are very not fun to fight, but you know what, that isn't a problem with Conditions, that's a problem with specific builds, and if changes are to be made they should target the skills, traits, etc. that are the source of the problem, not Conditions as a whole.
I don't know how many times I need to repeat the same thing in a different order every time one of these Condi whining threads comes up, but it's one of those things I vehemently disagree with and will always participate in just out of sheer frustration, lol.

OP has  demonstrated an inability to even identify what a condi build even is like that time they unironically listed a build literally called "Power Curses" as a condi build in a similar thread only a month ago.  I do not even think they are dying from condi but it just is that there's a bunch of condis on at time of death. It just seems like necros are the source of all evil anyways.

Also anyone that "roams" with multiple supports is going to look unkillable when fighting randoms. Doesn't matter if they're power, condi, or naked.  The problem here is the mini boon balls.

I mean yes there are some condi builds that are incredibly diseased and everyone should socially distance from that at all costs, but what carries them is broken class skills and traits. Nerfing TB/dire doesn't really solve everything especially when you consider that's often not all they use....

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1