Condi trash meta, will EoD improve or make things worst?

Arheundel.6451

20 hours ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

anet should really revert the purity of purpose nerf... condispam atm isn't funny anymore. cannot be that u need a scrapper at every corner just so u dont get nearly oneshot by a condiburst. condis and cc are just too easy to stack and abuse....

with power dps numbers been absurdly low, the game probably really never has been as unbalanced as it currently is. full pirateship is working against zergs that aren't min-maxed, which are by far the most. really good zerg or even blobs nearly became a rarity....

if the new specs are providing strong condi options, this will be a big mess. time for 2 scrappers or two firebrand per party then, to stop too crazy pirateshipping...

As a scrapper main myself. I'm glad they nerfed it. It was ridiculous how much that trait was providing in WvW. Even post nerf, it continues to be a good trait. 

It was appropriate to target this after Anet gave scrapper AoE quickness and the ability to stack the duration of their superspeed. Scrapper was already god tier in squad fights, and all of that power on top of the ability to give their squad perma boons would have been over the top. 

Scrapper still has god tier cleanses. The purity of purpose nerf does not effect that what so ever, but it does tone down the boon spam a bit in squad battles. 

They should absolutely revert the purity of purpose nerf in PvE and PvP though. The trait already struggled to out perform HGH, and nerfing it in these types of content just reduces the build diversity of an already outclassed support/utility build. 

scrapper is also one of my mains, but i disagree. the recent buffs to condi stuff was far too much.

it matters absolutely not that scrapper CAN still cleanse great. record the cleanses. in a squad of 40 with ~7 scrappers, we had in one fight one of them doing 310~ next 170 next 120, the other 4 barely more than the firebrands. (around 60-40), which is really really poor.

and this example is something to notice in a lot of occasions. under heavy pressure even the average cleanses are below that.

i don't even wanna start how often i got to go into F2 tome on FB bc the scrappers just aren't capable at all of pulling off the cleanses. guess most don't understand the blastings or just cleanse too early (or get cc'd bc their firebrands cannot give infinite stab or some1 of them is too far off tag)

so, considering the pretty big and increasing casual player numbers... zero sense in nerfing purity of purpose. just another bad decision.

equally bad as buffing condis more... (which also has happened with the latest "balance")

EoD elite specs really have some weight to pull. at current stance, they need to have good access to much stability and cleanses and better crazy damage, or they will just be absolutely kitten compared to the braindead damage generators from pepega condi casters running around currently.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, diomache.9246 said:

Which patch buffed conditions lately?

The Feb 2020 patch, a very sad for the whole game and for those who used to care about it, long story short, the "brilliant" development team decided to hard nerf power dmg in competitive modes while leaving untouched dumb gameplay options which allow the user to literally play the game without ever touching the dodge button.

The end result is what we have now, a bunch of condi tanks going around, pressing one button, applying several condis with very short CD skills/utilities, with the vastly reduced power damage, it can take more than one person to bring down these high toughness targets...which is no right.

They basically dumbed down the game to allow low common denominator to survive where they should insta die , rather than force their players to master the art of dodging, they removed the dmg so that people can make several mistakes and still live

To make things worst, the sustain of professions like necromancer, revenant has literally been left untouched where everybody else suffered percentage and number reductions plus the addtions of 300s CD trais.

The Feb patch was supposed the first one of many as promised, they even ackowledged the fact that few builds would end up being broken/OP after the patch.....well they never actually released any follow up patch and that brings me to this thread

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

The Feb 2020 patch, a very sad for the whole game and for those who used to care about it, long story short, the "brilliant" development team decided to hard nerf power dmg in competitive modes while leaving untouched dumb gameplay options which allow the user to literally play the game without ever touching the dodge button.

The end result is what we have now, a bunch of condi tanks going around, pressing one button, applying several condis with very short CD skills/utilities, with the vastly reduced power damage, it can take more than one person to bring down these high toughness targets...which is no right.

They basically dumbed down the game to allow low common denominator to survive where they should insta die , rather than force their players to master the art of dodging, they removed the dmg so that people can make several mistakes and still live

To make things worst, the sustain of professions like necromancer, revenant has literally been left untouched where everybody else suffered percentage and number reductions plus the addtions of 300s CD trais.

The Feb patch was supposed the first one of many as promised, they even ackowledged the fact that few builds would end up being broken/OP after the patch.....well they never actually released any follow up patch and that brings me to this thread

Uh, buffed?

That was the patch that nerfed condi damage across the board by halving stacks and doubling duration for many skills, but also nerfing traits.

As an example engineer pistols saw a ~70% dps reduction on its primary damage dealer, blowtorch.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Uh, buffed?

That was the patch that nerfed condi damage across the board by halving stacks and doubling duration for many skills, but it also nerfing traits.

As an example engineer pistols saw a ~70% dps reduction on its primary damage dealer, blowtorch.

Nobody cares about your pistol engineer, nobody ever complained about your pistole engineer, nobody ever mentioned it on this forum and such there is zero point in mentioning it. I have specifically mentioned Necromancer and Revenant as main offenders, both have dodged the vast majority of nerfs,,,,yeah they did cut by half the condition application of certain skills...only most of them were ele skill ofc, necromancer by comparison was virtually left untouched and still sport pre-Feb power/sustain levels, something which should have been addressed ages ago accordingly to what the devs promised last year.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Nobody cares about your pistol engineer, nobody ever complained about your pistole engineer, nobody ever mentioned it on this forum and such there is zero point in mentioning it. I have specifically mentioned Necromancer and Revenant as main offenders, both have dodged the vast majority of nerfs,,,,yeah they did cut by half the condition application of certain skills...only most of them were ele skill ofc, necromancer by comparison was virtually left untouched and still sport pre-Feb power/sustain levels, something which should have been addressed ages ago accordingly to what the devs promised last year.

But you just said buffed. So is it buffed or untouched? Make up your mind.

Also necro condition hasnt been OP for a long, long time, compared to say how revenant has been previously with its torment stacking. The reason necro is strong is because of its shroud mechanics, unsurprisingly. Well unless you run the condi spec attacking it and get all your own condis back in your face. And the rev? Lol most are running power specs today because its stupid strong.

Edited by Dawdler.8521

38 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

But you just said buffed. So is it buffed or untouched? Make up your mind.

Also necro condition hasnt been OP for a long, long time, compared to say how revenant has been previously with its torment stacking. The reason necro is strong is because of its shroud mechanics, unsurprisingly. Well unless you run the condi spec attacking it and get all your own condis back in your face. And the rev? Lol most are running power specs today because its stupid strong.

It looks stupid even saying it but...nowhere I've said condis buffed on necro?!reading comprension problems....

On 7/5/2021 at 5:46 AM, Arheundel.6451 said:

guild_wars_2_necromancer_in_a_nutshell_100_pure

Google for this video, recently made by Lord Hizen, I can't link the video to the forum as it contains swear words, but watch the video..it should answer all your questions

I like how the Meme video you refer to the Necro is running Power LUL 

• Thanks 1

On 8/3/2021 at 9:45 AM, Arheundel.6451 said:

I don't want to read the story of your life. I want you to show me in the patch notes where conditions got buffed.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

My is post is in clear enough English...read multiple times if you don't understand a wall of text.....

Yeah, but there isn't a single BUFF to conditions. The opposite is true.
That's why the majority of WvW is about Berserker/Marauder and Minstrel and not Trailblazer. You even failed multiple times now to proof your weird theory. 
Maybe it's time for you to stop posting.

Name those "multiple classes" that work as condi tank and in which area of the game mode they work. 

Edited by diomache.9246
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, diomache.9246 said:

Yeah, but there isn't a single BUFF to conditions. The opposite is true.
That's why the majority of WvW is about Berserker/Marauder and Minstrel and not Trailblazer. You even failed multiple times now to proof your weird theory. 
Maybe it's time for you to stop posting.

Name those "multiple classes" that work as condi tank and in which area of the game mode they work. 

Your actions speak louder than anything, your presence here and of those like you with their petty and silly talk is proof enough, what you believe doesn't concern anybody as the meta speaks for itself, this will be the last I reply if you haven't got anything else worth discussing

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

@Dawdler.8521 @diomache.9246

I think maybe what Arheundel means is that condis got indirectly buffed by the Feb 2020 update since power damage was nerfed across the board, but several condis were left untouched.  So relatively speaking, they were "buffed" even if that isn't technically accurate.

On 8/3/2021 at 3:04 AM, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

scrapper is also one of my mains, but i disagree. the recent buffs to condi stuff was far too much.

That's where it stemmed from I believe.

Doesn't matter anyways, the OP has a history of barking a lot in the wrong direction with a constant need to pat himself on the back and trying to sound wise about it.

5 hours ago, Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

I think maybe what Arheundel means is that condis got indirectly buffed by the Feb 2020 update since power damage was nerfed across the board, but several condis were left untouched.  So relatively speaking, they were "buffed" even if that isn't technically accurate.

We will never know, because he fails to make a clear statement about this.
The februar 20 didn't change the meta even with Power nerfed and it adressed not even all classes that overperform for years now. Additionally in the mentioned patch there were nerfs for conditions too, while power damage was buffed.

Not to mention that conditions were nerfed recently.

I think we talk about a serious git gud issue here on his side. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

We can directly specify that the Feb2020 was a "dumbing down" of the game, the devs intentionally changed the game from the reaction/twitch based version they advertised to...facetanking condi bunker version we have now. The game was deemed to be "too fast for the average player" so they...slowed it down.....now I find it hilarious and sad at the same time that those same players who benefited from the dumbing down of the game try  to lecture others with l2p messages...lol. 

Before the Feb patch my favourite build to play was FA ele but...it was deemed...too unfair even though I was going around with like 1200 toughness, which is 200 from base lol......

They destroyed my damage, destroyed the game so that Timmy doesn't need to learn how to dodge...he just press F1, walk in straight line while the game tank all dmg for him.

Now Timmy trying to teach people how to play...hilarious...that's the state of the game. ideally Anet should revert a great deal of nerfed power dmg, so that many Timmy can get a slice of humble pie while chatting at respawn

I miss the days when I could arcane/zap Timmy's kitten back to spawn in a fashionable way, now Timmy goes either shroud while backpedaling or invoke a Jalis/staff dashing forward without a single care in the world....thx to CMC, now even Timmy gets to win..when he should lose before learning how to win. Back in the day players would spend months trying to improve and get a chance of being invited in a winning team to get one day an animal emote in Heroes Ascent.....now Timmy buys the game today and tomorrow he expects already to be top of the board :"whaaa I played the game for 300 hrs why am I not platinum yet? the game too fast why there is so much dmg?"

Am I ranting? yeah...I just miss the days when fights would end in few secs/2m max and when people would pay the price for acting like a wannabe Rambo

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Like 1

"Oneshot or get oneshot unless saved by passive procs" gameplay has nothing to do with faced paced or skillful gameplay. Power creep needed to get adressed. Was the Feb20 patch perfect? Certainly not. But it was a step in the right direction, they just needed to countinue adressing stuff instead of throwing out those huge changes without any follow up.

I still think balance isn't as bad as many say, it just has been the same for too long, so players got tired of it.That's always going to happen during long times without change. But build diversity is a lot better than it has been for a long time during the years prior to the patch.

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

We can directly specify that the Feb2020 was a "dumbing down" of the game, the devs intentionally changed the game from the reaction/twitch based version they advertised to...facetanking condi bunker version we have now. The game was deemed to be "too fast for the average player" so they...slowed it down.....now I find it hilarious and sad at the same time that those same players who benefited from the dumbing down of the game try  to lecture others with l2p messages...lol. 

Before the Feb patch my favourite build to play was FA ele but...it was deemed...too unfair even though I was going around with like 1200 toughness, which is 200 from base lol......

They destroyed my damage, destroyed the game so that Timmy doesn't need to learn how to dodge...he just press F1, walk in straight line while the game tank all dmg for him.

Now Timmy trying to teach people how to play...hilarious...that's the state of the game. ideally Anet should revert a great deal of nerfed power dmg, so that many Timmy can get a slice of humble pie while chatting at respawn

I miss the days when I could arcane/zap Timmy's kitten back to spawn in a fashionable way, now Timmy goes either shroud while backpedaling or invoke a Jalis/staff dashing forward without a single care in the world....thx to CMC, now even Timmy gets to win..when he should lose before learning how to win. Back in the day players would spend months trying to improve and get a chance of being invited in a winning team to get one day an animal emote in Heroes Ascent.....now Timmy buys the game today and tomorrow he expects already to be top of the board :"whaaa I played the game for 300 hrs why am I not platinum yet? the game too fast why there is so much dmg?"

Am I ranting? yeah...I just miss the days when fights would end in few secs/2m max and when people would pay the price for acting like a wannabe Rambo

Game was dumbed down with HoT release though, it forced powercreep mechanics on players making them think they're somehow now skilled since they can 1shot anything and everything with low cds.
You should also specify which variation of FA ele you were using, was it core, tempest or weaver? If you were running only core then I have really sad news for you, anything else on HoT was doing 10x more stuff than Ele and you've missed it completely if you were only abusing Ele FA. In HoT times, Reaper was capable of dealing 12k/tick from bleed alone, not mentioning other random condies, power was the same, it could deal massive damage and even 1shot things with over 3k armor and protection on top of that, that wasn't rly healthy for the game.
Sadly, since it is in WvW forum I must inform you, that fights still very often ends within few seconds.

1 hour ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

They destroyed my damage, destroyed the game so that Timmy doesn't need to learn how to dodge...

And I met a scepter ele yesterday that did half my hp in damage every time his burst was available (and always stunned for 4s or so in that combo), while he in turn was unkillable because I could barely do any damage.

I run dire.

So HA!

3 hours ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

"Oneshot or get oneshot unless saved by passive procs" gameplay has nothing to do with faced paced or skillful gameplay. Power creep needed to get adressed. Was the Feb20 patch perfect? Certainly not. But it was a step in the right direction, they just needed to countinue adressing stuff instead of throwing out those huge changes without any follow up.

I still think balance isn't as bad as many say, it just has been the same for too long, so players got tired of it.That's always going to happen during long times without change. But build diversity is a lot better than it has been for a long time during the years prior to the patch.

I'd rather die to oneshot with the knowledge the opponent is taking risks knowing he could be blown up himself at any time...than die to an oximorom build backpedaling or running in circle never pressing the dodge button  while eating every single big hit skill...the same skills which used to do crit damage and now tickle these dire/trailblazer monkey builds.

2 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Game was dumbed down with HoT release though, it forced powercreep mechanics on players making them think they're somehow now skilled since they can 1shot anything and everything with low cds.
You should also specify which variation of FA ele you were using, was it core, tempest or weaver? If you were running only core then I have really sad news for you, anything else on HoT was doing 10x more stuff than Ele and you've missed it completely if you were only abusing Ele FA. In HoT times, Reaper was capable of dealing 12k/tick from bleed alone, not mentioning other random condies, power was the same, it could deal massive damage and even 1shot things with over 3k armor and protection on top of that, that wasn't rly healthy for the game.
Sadly, since it is in WvW forum I must inform you, that fights still very often ends within few seconds.

Core FA ele was perfectly viable in WvW during the last months of the HoT era and prior to the Feb 2020 patch where they butchered dmg coefficients, deleted air minor lightning.....arcane skills and halved the sustain on ele, all of this while somebody running an oximoron "tank" reaper can passively crit you for 8k with a bloody trait (shivering), it's instant, no animation..but it's deemed ok...the clearly visible arcane projectile had to be gutted instead..seems about right

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

I'd rather die to oneshot with the knowledge the opponent is taking risks knowing he could be blown up himself at any time...than die to an oximorom build backpedaling or running in circle never pressing the dodge button  while eating every single big hit skill...the same skills which used to do crit damage and now tickle these dire/trailblazer monkey builds.

There is not much risk involved if the opponent does not get to fight back. And losing to backpedaling players who don't dodge seems like a l2p issue to me.

I get it, you are upset that your favourite build got butchered. But it wasn't just the Feb20 patch that hurt the spec, it has been bad prior. And builds got deleted all the time and with(pre) HoT and PoF releases in particular. At least some stuff got brought back into viability.

41 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Core FA ele was perfectly viable in WvW during the last months of the HoT era and prior to the Feb 2020 patch where they butchered dmg coefficients, deleted air minor lightning.....arcane skills and halved the sustain on ele, all of this while somebody running an oximoron "tank" reaper can passively crit you for 8k with a bloody trait (shivering), it's instant, no animation..but it's deemed ok...the clearly visible arcane projectile had to be gutted instead..seems about right

Arcane blast coeff: 0.6. Lesser Spinal Shivers coeff.: up to 0.105, can't crit. Also reapers are usually not that tanky. Most necros aren't in fact. If they are, they don't deal that much dmg. It's just those deathmagic signet core necros that take way too long to kill, luckily it is easy to just walk away from them.

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907
  • Like 2