Condi trash meta, will EoD improve or make things worst?

Arheundel.6451

I live in a parallel universe. I encounter a lot more bunkerbeasts in smallscale than scourges. Scourge is trash in anything but the zerg. Even with a pocket support it is incredibly easy to kill with a 2v1 focus in wvw. This is not pvp. We have actual damage, that melts barrier in the blink of an eye and superior cleansing sigil in wvw. 

Edited by KrHome.1920
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

So now the necro is an ecoterrorist too? Guess necros are pros at digging themselves into holes.

just wait until u see them aplying miasma everywhere 🙂

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Vile_Miasma

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Miasma_Poison

Whenever target is sufering from chill a non removable miasma poison will be afecting target 😛 staks in intensity

Edited by Aeolus.3615

9 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

17.07.2021 and Trailblazer, Dire and other circus stats aren't deleted yet. 
EoD will be fun for sure, for cheesers that is :')

Still 17.07.2021 and marauders, minstrels and other circus stats hasnt been deleted either.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

I'm fine with deleting them as well though.
I'm curious, why you people try to push condi builds so much, while they should stay as support thing?

Because entire specs were built around conditions. So if you wanna get rid of conditions, well all those specs will need to be revamped, start writing up your suggestions.

• Like 3

i mean condi is pretty annyoing. resoluation doesn't help there a lot, and the removing of resistance in the old manner also wasn't good there. conditions are just too easy to spam, and allow people to run still big bulk.

but yeah, any internal balancing the fighting system of gw2 had has been thrashed into the bin with feb2020 update anyways.... it is what it is. we can only hope anet doesn't make it even worse.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

it's rather like a "someone always complains" issue... just that it'd help to have people really understanding what they play and do in this format that Wvw is - and doing balances AROUND that meta. this never happened, so they scuffed it with feb2020 balancings.

idk to who or what they listened, but stealing some dmg and making everything feel tons more bulky, slowing down the whole thing to maximum staleness... probably wasn't the smartest thing.

Current smallscale "meta" is: condi herald, firebrand hybrid, holo/scrapper, scourge, Tempest warhorn . Like 3 teams out of 4 will run that cheese....AoE pull into Condi AoE spam, super tanky boonspamm with ress signet/glyph and that will take several decently played power specs to bring down....after at least 20-30m if lucky.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Well im expecting burn.. alot of burn..really alot of it.

The issue is never a single condition, the issue is we have specs capable of pumping several stacks of different conditions on the target by using skills/traits on a very low CD/ICD and to make things worst ......

FIFO system = asinine implementation of condi clear where the condi user doesn't require any tactical thinking, it's all about spamming AoE condis on the target while abusing the passive sustain/tankiness of condi stats

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Current smallscale "meta" is: condi herald, firebrand hybrid, holo/scrapper, scourge, Tempest warhorn . Like 3 teams out of 4 will run that cheese....AoE pull into Condi AoE spam, super tanky boonspamm with ress signet/glyph and that will take several decently played power specs to bring down....after at least 20-30m if lucky.

And usually the only reason their toxic condi win vs an equally sized enemy is... the firebrand and scrapper supporting them with cleanses and heals.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

stop trolling the op with your bs agenda.

I completely agree with OP. The current meta is the worst i have played since beta. Tanky boonspam without any downsides, and brainless condi spam, extremely quick application of those also. My full bers power build is useless against this garbage. I also play tanky builds but its just boring gameplay. They dont die, I dont die. I log off.

Edited by Loke.1429
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Loke.1429 said:

dont even get me started on permastealth @Fire Attunement.9835

Tbh. I'm quite worrying that they will not improve balance before alliances come, its that bad

There's no real point in doing any balancing when the expansion is coming in 7 months, they would have to do an update around now, but they just had one back in may. Alliances are around the corner, but balancing has nothing to do with that.

So I really wouldn't expect any class balancing until after the expansion launches and we get to see how all the new broken stuff interacts with all the old broken stuff, like they did with PoF and the scourge massacre. Unless of course they plan any major combat/mechanic changes like they did before HoT with all the condition changes, but doesn't seem like it, or again it probably would be implemented around now. So don't get your hopes up.

22 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

There's no real point in doing any balancing when the expansion is coming in 7 months, they would have to do an update around now, but they just had one back in may. Alliances are around the corner, but balancing has nothing to do with that.

So I really wouldn't expect any class balancing until after the expansion launches and we get to see how all the new broken stuff interacts with all the old broken stuff, like they did with PoF and the scourge massacre. Unless of course they plan any major combat/mechanic changes like they did before HoT with all the condition changes, but doesn't seem like it, or again it probably would be implemented around now. So don't get your hopes up.

I meant that hopefully alliances brings players back to wvw and new players in so its a shame if this balance is what they will find then

The only problem with conditions is the ones that can stack burst levels of condi. It’s intended to be DoT, but some specs apply so many stacks that it becomes a burst. Confusion , burn and torment come to mind. 

also about the condi roamer meta.. dude. Imagine if you got pulled into a nade bomb. You’d be dead before you could start clearing the condis from cherald. It’s not really the condis in that situation, it’s the aoe spam and supports. 

anet should really revert the purity of purpose nerf... condispam atm isn't funny anymore. cannot be that u need a scrapper at every corner just so u dont get nearly oneshot by a condiburst. condis and cc are just too easy to stack and abuse....

with power dps numbers been absurdly low, the game probably really never has been as unbalanced as it currently is. full pirateship is working against zergs that aren't min-maxed, which are by far the most. really good zerg or even blobs nearly became a rarity....

if the new specs are providing strong condi options, this will be a big mess. time for 2 scrappers or two firebrand per party then, to stop too crazy pirateshipping...

• Like 3
  • Confused 1