How to Fix Druid

Caeledh.5437

5 hours ago, Lazze.9870 said:

Anet has a choice. They have the tech for it. The players don't have a choice. There is no other class that can substitute it, especially not a thematic level. I don't enjoy playing DH for traps and their bow, I don't enjoy playing Ventari rev which is the closest thing you'd get to a druid.

But if they want ranger to be utter trash at everything it currently can't do, then sure. Keep the dumb pet mechanic around for every elite spec.

Go play Berzerker rifle zerker 🙂

Worths 5 rangers! hahaha but they need to go in melee as well so m8 not be the class for you.

ofc im joking, but joking asside, buffs in core leads to overbuff in elite specs, and a wrong buf in druid.

The main problem with Ranger  was Soulbeast was a direct upgrade for Ranger core, and nothing new..

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

but they need to go in melee as well so m8 not be the class for you.

HAHAHAHA, funny guy.

I don't play ranger for "ranged" combat. Nor are any of the meta builds fully ranged.

Edited by Lazze.9870

1 hour ago, Lazze.9870 said:

HAHAHAHA, funny guy.

I don't play ranger for "ranged" combat. Nor are any of the meta builds fully ranged.

Druid staf is very decent range weapon., but imo lacks in support , to much selfish lol the auto atack is very nice and horribe at same time, more heal to druid than alies wich was the culprit off all th nerfs occured to the class.

Sadly any changes to classes even minimali believe they will only occur after EoD deployment and initial balance.

😐

Edited by Aeolus.3615

4 hours ago, Lazze.9870 said:

HAHAHAHA, funny guy.

I'm not sure on the definition of meta, but at least for WvW the good immob druid is all ranged (staff + shortbow); so it should be meta IMO. 

It's good at controlling objectives (harassing invaders or soloing lords), good at +1 (immob + stealth + small group heals), great at kiting....

At the very least that's the build I swap to if I never want to die again 😄

14 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I'm not sure on the definition of meta, but at least for WvW the good immob druid is all ranged (staff + shortbow); so it should be meta IMO. 

Roaming is a bit ambiguous. There is barely a roaming scene anymore to begin with.

Druid changes I would make.

1. Either remove the cooldown of Celestial Avatar or allow Druids to enter it below 100%.

2. Rework Lingering Light and buff Druid healing coefficients. Why are there 2 support grandmaster traits?

Also give grace of the land 3 might stacks again.

3. Add boons to Celestial Avtar abilities and glyphs. Rangers in general lack group support. Healing isnt enough anymore if your group buffs are lacking.

4. Cosmic Ray needs to become an AoE around the druid and have its radius increased.

5. This is just QoL, please remove the need for a target on staff 1. You fixed the bug. Please revert this skill back to the way it launched.

• Like 1

Remove the kitten pet and push the druid instead.

Remove the permanet losing of astral force, while in celestial avatar mode.

Does anyone need these blue glyphs modes in celestial avatar form? Give the glyphs to the core ranger with a more nature themed effect.

Change spirits to the druid utility skills and let the spirits move with the druid (and give them better bonus: counter vs invisibility or target area spells and skills. There is no counterplay against these imbalanced mechanics, especially in wvw)

Let the druid heal and buff others in celestial mode instead of this stupid targeting skills 1 and 2. In the current celestial form it is better to do nothing instead of using these both skills. 😒

And if the developers want pets so badly, then give the druid a second skill to use his astral force for summoning an astral pet instead of using it for celestial avatar. This pet can give buffs according to the selected pet class for a small time period.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Aleksander Suburb.4287 said:

Remove the kitten pet and push the druid instead.

Remove the permanet losing of astral force, while in celestial avatar mode.

Does anyone need these blue glyphs modes in celestial avatar form? Give the glyphs to the core ranger with a more nature themed effect.

Agreed with first point about pets. It would open up options to push druid towards what its meant to do instead of retaining a worse version of the core mechanic.

Disagree with the glyphs. Some of them are really strong in avatar form (all of them I would argue, even Unity which is otherwise just a meme outside of avatar form), the issue how gated avatar is to begin with, with both the cooldown and the resource. It makes everything backloaded, glyphs included. Doesn't make much sense to put glyphs on core with no mode swapping, and I would absolutetly not have spirits on druid. Just let them stay as pve buffs, work on other utilites like said glyphs and command skills to improve those as support options.

Edited by Lazze.9870