Since you brought back scourge, bring back unblockable soulbeast

5 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Something needs to melt the face-rolling 🤡s off the map.

Before ranger we had Diamond skin eles to keep the necro population in check, avoiding massive reproduction rates. I am afraid now the ecosystem is permanently compromised....furthermore necro itself is necessary to keep boonspammers under control, that's how balance works....you remove one thing and things get worst no better 

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Something needs to melt the face-rolling 🤡s off the map.

It's not ranger that needs help vs scourge....it's warrior that lost the CC-damage to quickly kill necros before being overwhelmed by condis, that was possible before with berseker's stance and some luck....it got worst and worst from that point on.

I have a better suggestion: 

Remove unblockable mark trait, they are already easy to land, they last till popped, attach to walls and can be stacked one on top of each other, the unblockable is completely unnecessary and simply take away the options of any melee spec to get close enough.

Remove the unblockable part of the marks and warriors would have an easier time getting close to necro and CC them to kingdom come!

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

Nerf barrier and shroud generation a bit more. Shroud’s 50% damage/condi damage reduction is too much, it should of been adjusted after the big damage nerf patch.

pretty sure scourge doesn't get the 50% damage reduction. if they do its only for the duration of desert shroud, 6 seconds.

The meta right now is based on needing lots of boons to do enough damage to kill people and being able to quickly rez people since damage levels got nerfed so much.  What makes the blood support build strong is it counters all the boon spam, and provides strong rez support.

If you look at the build on metabattle it only has one stun break.  What makes it strong is all the boons people spam.  It is literally an anti-meta build.  It feeds off others boons to buff itself.  Either don't use boons and it doesn't get buffed, spam stuns, or have your scourge drop a well of corruption on it when it when it is booned up from corrupting others.

I had just as much success playing the lower rated tempest build as I did scourge.  It is easier to port and avoid damage, has safe stomp with mistform, and better rez support with signet.  I was literally playing elementalist to get the magus PvP title and move on to the tile for another class I never play.

This was part of sweeping changes to ranger. They not are gonna bring back bursty passives.

This change in addition to the change to nature magic and the change to the shouts stops 1 shot immortal shout soulbeast from being viable.

just play your soulbeast 1v1/roamer or valk or trap ranger. That’s all your gonna get-

though I will say core decap ranger is very strong rn

15 hours ago, Crozame.4098 said:

Maybe you can clarify its corruption instead of wells. Instead of being a kitten.

Maybe you can learn about basic game mechanics before coming with bad suggestions which will only leave the game in a worse place. 

Edited by Math.5123
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Math.5123 said:

Maybe you can learn about basic game mechanics before coming with bad suggestions which will only leave the game in a worse place. 

Define basic game mechanics. Moreover, the two utility used by most scourges are quite similar. And since I dont play scourge myself, I only know the functionality of the two utilities and do not know the category -- why would I if they work quite similarly? Moreover, I do not remember all the names of the traits and utilities, I just know what they are and how they work. Maybe you do not have a life so you know all the details, bravo mate, good for you. 

Moreover, I am not sure why removing the projectile block from that corruption is a bad suggestion. But yea, you are entitled to your own opinion, even if they are kitten.

Edited by Crozame.4098
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Crozame.4098 said:

Define basic game mechanics. Moreover, the two utility used by most scourges are quite similar. And since I dont play scourge myself, I only know the functionality of the two utilities and do not know the category -- why would I if they work quite similarly? Moreover, I do not remember all the names of the traits and utilities, I just know what they are and how they work. Maybe you do not have a life so you know all the details, bravo mate, good for you. 

Moreover, I am not sure why removing the projectile block from that corruption is a bad suggestion. But yea, you are entitled to your own opinion, even if they are kitten.

I'll dissect this and respond to each part. No idea how to cut quotes on this new forum on mobile, so bare with me. 

Basic game mechanics, as in knowing what skills do and which category they belong to. Such as cpc not being a well, or knowing the difference between different stunbreaks and their cds.

If you don't play scourge, and are not familiar enough with their kit. I would refrain giving suggestions on how to nerf it. But I guess you're entitled to your own opinion, even if they are kitten.

I don't see how me knowing what the skills do and what they are called makes me have no life. I guess I'm just better at memorizing than you are. 

Because removing the projectile block is the same as removing the ability. It's what it does. That's like removing the block from war shield 5, or the projectile denial from wall of Reflection. 

If you can't see how that's a bad suggestion, I don't know what to tell you. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Crozame.4098 said:

Maybe you can clarify its corruption instead of wells. Instead of being a kitten.

not all corruption abilities of Necro have project blocking , in fact as far as i know its just one and its called Corrosive poison cloud if memory dont lye to me(i assume this is the ability you are referring to). Since necro has no blocks or invulnerabilities and limited access to evade abilities i think the projectile block of poison cloud is okay and the problem with scourge is, the barrier application and that it can support allies with barrier while damage enemies at the same time.

Edited by razaelll.8324

1 hour ago, Math.5123 said:

I'll dissect this and respond to each part. No idea how to cut quotes on this new forum on mobile, so bare with me. 

Basic game mechanics, as in knowing what skills do and which category they belong to. Such as cpc not being a well, or knowing the difference between different stunbreaks and their cds.

If you don't play scourge, and are not familiar enough with their kit. I would refrain giving suggestions on how to nerf it. But I guess you're entitled to your own opinion, even if they are kitten.

I don't see how me knowing what the skills do and what they are called makes me have no life. I guess I'm just better at memorizing than you are. 

Because removing the projectile block is the same as removing the ability. It's what it does. That's like removing the block from war shield 5, or the projectile denial from wall of Reflection. 

If you can't see how that's a bad suggestion, I don't know what to tell you. 

So you know the name, cd, category of all the utilities? As well as all the name of the traits of all classes? Then its good for you. I do not know all of them by name, I might know their functionality, but I do not care to remember all the names. For example, I know what mirage axe 1, 2,3 do or scepter 2, 3 do, but I do not know the name. Same applies to basically all other classes. And I dont think this means I have no idea about basic mechanics.

Related to this post, we are talking the meta scourge, and giving back unblock-able to slb. I admit that I made a mistake confusing the two skills, but most people who know the basic mechanics should know what I was referring to. Because most scourges use three utilities -- the corruption the well that convert boons, as the stun break that leaves a corruptive trail behind. And since this is a gaming forum, I was a bit lazy to write everything rigorously. And I would be thankful to those who kindly point it out.

Sure, you have a better memory. Good for you. And I believe you also commented on balance issues of classes that are not your main? 

The skill also do poison and weakness, and yes, removing the projectile block is the same as removing war shield 5 (or you would say shield stance since you know the name of every skill) or ele focus 4, because for shield 5 and ele focus 5 in additional to block projectiles, they can also do ... wait... nothing?

Edited by Crozame.4098

23 minutes ago, razaelll.8324 said:

not all corruption abilities of Necro have project blocking , in fact as far as i know its just one and its called Corrosive poison cloud if memory dont lye to me(i assume this is the ability you are referring to). Since necro has no blocks or invulnerabilities and limited access to evade abilities i think the projectile block of poison cloud is okay and the problem with scourge is, the barrier application and that it can support allies with barrier while damage enemies at the same time.

I mean, I am referring to that one skill that most scourge uses, its in the meta battle. 

Scourges have no blocks or invul, you are right. But I think the reason I am voting for removing the block part is mainly because of ressing. Think about it, scourge put down the well, and the cloud, and maybe the elite on the body that it tries to ress. Then you cannot cleave from ranged because of that 8 sec projectile block, it will also put kitten loads of condition if you try to cleave in melee range. 

Of course you can say that you can save stomp, but

1) not many classes have save stomp. (stab does not work here because of the corruptions)

2) even for the classes that have save stomp, it might be too late because of the insane ressing speed.

3) Good scourges also can port the downed away, to deny the stomp.