My Hall Of Monuments Is Empty?

I swear I recall beating GW1 base game as a teen, and my accounts are synched. But all I could find was the Heritage gear?
And everything is covered in cobwebs...AM I mis-remembering, or did I screw something up?

...Maybe I should play and re-beat GW1 😛

Check the hall of monuments reward calculator page. It will tell you how many points you get, for what, and what rewards are those points worth. If you played only core game (or even went through  all the campaigns) then you won't get all that much - most is obtained by doing very specific things (collecting and unlocking stuff in Hall of Monuments, doing title achievements, etc)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Hall of Monuments in Guild Wars 2 doesn't look like the Hall of Monuments in Guild Wars.  You see cobwebs, etc., because 250 years have passed.  You should see (depending on how many points were accrued) Ranger Pets, Kimmes the Historian and a couple of other NPCs, a couple of non-functional Xunlai Chests, and that's about it.  

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eye_of_the_North_(instance)

• Thanks 1

That said; would Eye Of The North be listed on my account? Because it only lists the base Guild Wars and I know EoTN was the one expansion I had as a kid/teen. It was the one my mother could get me for my Bday.

Edited by Akisohida.8963

When you logged in and checked your HoM in GW1, did you do it on the same character that would have filled up your HoM or did you do it on a new character? The GW1 HoMs are character bound by default I believe, and you would need to talk to Kimmes in the HoM to switch what you are looking at from character view to account view.

4 minutes ago, Recon.9461 said:

When you logged in and checked your HoM in GW1, did you do it on the same character that would have filled up your HoM or did you do it on a new character? The GW1 HoMs are character bound by default I believe, and you would need to talk to Kimmes in the HoM to switch what you are looking at from character view to account view.

It was so long ago that I'm not sure. I would have to reinstall GW1 and see if I remember my password. I assume it's the same account name as GW2, since it's all bound together...But it's been awhile.

If you need to download the client, you can download it directly from the official GW1 site, https://www.guildwars.com/en/ click on the download link in the upper right-hand corner (should be no need for logging in to get it). As long as the GW1 account was linked with your GW2 account then your login credentials will be the same for both games (and these forums for that matter).

I would also confirm with the HoM calculator to confirm what rewards you do have as already mentioned by Astralporing:

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Check the hall of monuments reward calculator page. It will tell you how many points you get, for what, and what rewards are those points worth. If you played only core game (or even went through  all the campaigns) then you won't get all that much - most is obtained by doing very specific things (collecting and unlocking stuff in Hall of Monuments, doing title achievements, etc)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Recon.9461 said:

If you need to download the client, you can download it directly from the official GW1 site, https://www.guildwars.com/en/ click on the download link in the upper right-hand corner (should be no need for logging in to get it). As long as the GW1 account was linked with your GW2 account then your login credentials will be the same for both games (and these forums for that matter).

I would also confirm with the HoM calculator to confirm what rewards you do have as already mentioned by Astralporing:

Yeah. It turns out I have 4 points, and my highest character is level 14. I don't know why I deleted my higher level characters, but I know for a fact I played past the broken wall, and I remember some higher-level map where the mobs are BELOW you, but they got aggro pulled the moment you started the map, and ran through the ENTIRE map to get to you.

I remember it being a big problem back then.

So I know I played much further. But I don't have those characters anymore, and the game is probably too dead to get into EoTN now.

8 minutes ago, Akisohida.8963 said:

Yeah. It turns out I have 4 points, and my highest character is level 14. I don't know why I deleted my higher level characters, but I know for a fact I played past the broken wall, and I remember some higher-level map where the mobs are BELOW you, but they got aggro pulled the moment you started the map, and ran through the ENTIRE map to get to you.

I remember it being a big problem back then.

So I know I played much further. But I don't have those characters anymore, and the game is probably too dead to get into EoTN now.

The few times I have popped into GW1 recently I have seen a few people running around, however, I think they are all mostly using Hero Henchmen that they have setup to fill out their parties. I wouldn't necessarily say GW1 is dead, but it certainly has turned into much more of a solo playstyle game.

If you are interested in increasing your HoM pts and playing GW1, it can most certainly still be done solo with heros/henchmen (and IMO still a great game worth playing). Plus the GW1 Wiki is amazingly filled out with all the information you would ever need to complete the game and your HoM.

2 minutes ago, Recon.9461 said:

The few times I have popped into GW1 recently I have seen a few people running around, however, I think they are all mostly using Hero Henchmen that they have setup to fill out their parties. I wouldn't necessarily say GW1 is dead, but it certainly has turned into much more of a solo playstyle game.

If you are interested in increasing your HoM pts and playing GW1, it can most certainly still be done solo with heros/henchmen (and IMO still a great game worth playing). Plus the GW1 Wiki is amazingly filled out with all the information you would ever need to complete the game and your HoM.

I do have to wonder how far I am from HoM if I'm just entering Kryta/Lion's Arch. I forget what the level cap is in GW1

12 minutes ago, Akisohida.8963 said:

I do have to wonder how far I am from HoM if I'm just entering Kryta/Lion's Arch. I forget what the level cap is in GW1

Once you have made it into Lions Arch (by either doing the Gates of Kryta mission or running there through the explorable zones) you can pick up a quest that will allow you to travel to the GWEN sections of GW1. Max lvl is 20, and if you are not lvl 20 yet when you head to the GWEN areas it will up-lvl you with minor bonuses so you could survive and lvl up in those areas. Getting to the GWEN areas will also grant you your 1st heroes which are customizable henchmen. Going to the HoM is like the 1st thing you have to do after travelling to the GWEN section (you could run around and by-pass it, but why).

Do keep in mind that if you choose to go directly to the GWEN areas you are by-passing a lot of story.

Edited by Recon.9461
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Recon.9461 said:

Once you have made it into Lions Arch (by either doing the Gates of Kryta mission or running there through the explorable zones) you can pick up a quest that will allow you to travel to the GWEN sections of GW1. Max lvl is 20, and if you are not lvl 20 yet when you head to the GWEN areas it will up-lvl you with minor bonuses so you could survive and lvl up in those areas. Getting to the GWEN areas will also grant you your 1st heroes which are customizable henchmen. Going to the HoM is like the 1st thing you have to do after travelling to the GWEN section (you could run around and by-pass it, but why).

Thank you. SO now I just have to find the GWEN quest

2 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Maurice LaMarche, famous for voicing, among many many others, The Brain from Amimaniacs and Pinky and the Brain.

Thank you! I knew I knew it form somewhere! The first Asura seen in the lore, a race of super-intelligent technophiles, was voiced by The Brain.

That is amazingly fitting.

10 minutes ago, Akisohida.8963 said:

One final question; the Hall Of Monuments Reward Calculator says my account has 0 minis? I have almost an entire bank tab in GW1 that is minis!

The minis have to be "dedicated" to the corresponding monument in order to count.  It's why back in the dat when people sold minis they'd say whether or not the minis were "unded" or "ded".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

The minis have to be "dedicated" to the corresponding monument in order to count.  It's why back in the dat when people sold minis they'd say whether or not the minis were "unded" or "ded".

Thank you! Ah well; 12 minis is 2 points. Methinks I won't be getting many points. 😄