Eternity: Legendary Armory Inconsistencies

7 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:
I don't see where the CS agent said that 😉 They just said they wouldn't be removed, not that they wouldn't be added. Rest assured, we considered current Eternity owners alongside future ones when developing the armory. Auto-converted Eternity's will grant a Sunrise and Twilight unlock in your legendary armory as well. Make no mistake, the edge case that is Eternity has been a nightmare to work around, but I believe we've got it pretty well handled. The Armory is a somewhat complex feature and some of the details (like this and other edge cases) were a little too nuanced to include in the blog post.

Thank you for answering/addressing concerns. 🙂

Might be cool, if/when there is time, to give us a "Guild Chat" on the development of the Armoury. For example, the Skyscale Guild Chat was rather enjoyable to watch because it answered a lot of cool questions like: When did work start? Can you show us some funny bugs that occurred along the way? Who was the brains behind it/who did the work? etc.

7 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:
I don't see where the CS agent said that 😉 They just said they wouldn't be removed, not that they wouldn't be added. Rest assured, we considered current Eternity owners alongside future ones when developing the armory. Auto-converted Eternity's will grant a Sunrise and Twilight unlock in your legendary armory as well. Make no mistake, the edge case that is Eternity has been a nightmare to work around, but I believe we've got it pretty well handled. The Armory is a somewhat complex feature and some of the details (like this and other edge cases) were a little too nuanced to include in the blog post.

Please let us hide effects of Aurora, Vision and Coalescence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

How will the armory treat the pvp and wvw trinkets? Will ppl with a bound slumbering conflux get a token to craft proper conflux and then have 2 confluxes? Isnt that gonna be problematic having 2 trinkets for the price of 1 pretty much.

9 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

Just a thought on that last point: in the spirit of increased communication mentioned in the Studio Update post would it be possible to look into doing longer announcements for complex features like this? Maybe a blog post for the 'headline' features and then a linked FAQ for more detail on how each part works, edge cases like this and so on.

That way people who just want to know what's coming can just read the announcement and people who want to know all about the inner workings, how decisions were made (in as much as you can share that info), what will happen in very specific circumstances and so on can find out without having to contact Customer Support or wait until it's released, by which point it may be too late for them to decide how to approach it.

(Also then those FAQs could be added to the Support knowledge base so new or returning players who are struggling to understand these systems can find the info without digging through potentially years of news posts.)

Edited by Danikat.8537

10 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

Would you consider making a post about all those edge cases? Specifically, what happens, if:

Sunrise, Twilight and Eternity cases (i can think of):

1. pre-Armoury: bound twilight and sunrise, no Eternity - that one is already covered in blog (you get tokens to craft eternity, Eternity crafted with those tokens is automatically bound)

2. pre-Armoury: bound twilight or sunrise, no eternity

3. pre-Armoury: bound all 3

4. pre-Armoury: bound eternity, but no sunrise and/or twilight - you seem to have already covered that in your post (you also obtain bound Sunrise and Twilight into armory)

5. post-Armoury: binding sunrise or twilight, you don;t have bound Eternity in armory yet

6. post-Armoury: binding sunrise or twilight, you do already have bound Eternity in armory

7. post-Armoury: binding Eternity, you don't have Twilight and/or Sunrise in armory yet

8. post-Armoury: binding Eternity, you do already have Twilight and/or Sunrise in armory - (the logical answer would be "nothing special happens", but that partly depends on answers to some of the earlier questions)

9. special edge cases: one of the above, but you already have max allowed sunrise, twilight or eternity in armory (especially for cases 3, 4, 6, 8 )

Conflux and Transcendence cases (i can think of)

10. pre-Armoury: you have slumbering conflux/transcendence, but no full version

11. pre-Armoury: you have full version, but not slumbering one

12. pre-Armoury: you have both slumbering and full version

13. post-Armoury: you craft slumbering conflux/transcendence

14. post-Armoury: you craft full version

15.  are slumbering versions considered to be separate legendaries as far as the armory slot is concerned, or are they "merged" into a single version with an effect-disabling toggle?

15b. If it's the second, will they still be unique?

Are there other, similar edge cases i didn't think of?

Notice, that all of those informations are really things we should be able to learn before the Armory goes live. It's just way too easy to guess something wrong - and with the cost and effort required in crafting of legendaries, getting something wrong can be really, really painful.

Edited by Astralporing.1957

13 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

Ok but it's fine that current crafters of of Eternity can sell it, but starting next week i can't? i wanted to do twice told legend by crafting Sunrise (the one i really want) twice and sell it as Eternity, isn't that kind of unfair not to have that option wouldn't removing sunrise and twilight, but making eternity sellable, be more fair

Edited by Astaldocair.9063

12 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

Hi if i have sunrise and twilight. After armory if i use the tokens to make Eternity will i still have sunrise and twilight? ie if i decided to equip 2 greatswords could i still do it or will it just be one GS and all 3 skins unlocked?

1 minute ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

So if I have Sunrise bound but Twilight isn't, if I merge the Sunrise token and the unbound Twilight will I get an unbound Eternity? Or will it be bound because one of them was a token? This seems to be the loose end.

You will probably have two recipes, one current, using actual unbound legendaries, and one using two tokens, but producing a bound eternity. I don't think we'd get a hybrid recipe. A confirmation would still be nice, though.

This case is one of the possibilities included in my question nr. 2 (what happens if you have only one of the pair GS-es bound, but not the other).

1 minute ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You will probably have two recipes, one current, using actual unbound legendaries, and one using two tokens, but producing a bound eternity. I don't think we'd get a hybrid recipe. A confirmation would still be nice, though.

This case is one of the possibilities included in my question nr. 2 (what happens if you have only one of the pair GS-es bound, but not the other).

It seems that it will be bound no matter what because they can't undo legendary armory items being unlocked.

1 minute ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

It seems that it will be bound no matter what because they can't undo legendary armory items being unlocked.

Yes, even if the hybrid recipe were to exist, it would 99% produce a bound Eternity (as one of the GSes is already in armoury and cannot be withdrawn from it anymore). As such, it would probably be simpler for them to make the token system permanent, and not an one time thing, as it would reduce the need for a hybrid recipe.

Still, again, some info from devs would be nice. Currently we still don't know enough about how this system is going to work