Ascended items should be sellable on TP now (Legendary Armory)

Now that all of my characters can access legendary gear once I've crafted/bound them, it would be nice to be able to sell/trade all the ascended items I'll no longer need. Doesnt really make sense to keep them account-bound anymore. I'm not referring to items I've purchased or crafted, then equipped and used, but ascended items that come as drops, like armor and weapon boxes, Drakkar's and Tequatl's Hoards, Gift or Aurene, Ryland's Frostsaw GS, etc.

Don't let ascended gear become just a salvage item...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

I second this. Making Ascended gear tradeable and sellable will go a long way to improve this community.

I have no clue what it would do to the economy, for all I know it might completely wreck the economy, or it might greatly improve the economy. But from a social and community perspective being able to gift your ascended drops to your new friend who just joined GW2 is a great idea.

Sure, it would make exotics even less valuable, but lets be real, ever since the release of raids the value of exotics have gone down the drain already anyway...

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 7

2 minutes ago, LucosTheDutch.4819 said:

I second this. Making Ascended gear tradeable and sellable will go a long way to improve this community.

I have no clue what it would do to the economy, for all I know it might completely wreck the economy, or it might greatly improve the economy. But from a social and community perspective being able to gift your ascended drops to your new friend who just joined GW2 is a great idea.

Sure, it would make exotics even less valuable, but lets be real, ever since the release of raids the value of exotics have gone down the drain already anyway...

To be fair at the start of the game rare level 80 gear was already superfluous. Exotic gear is easy to get and just a few stat sets that were just made sellable have become so. 

Considering how much goes into crafting an ascended item, however, will not make exotics obsolete. Exotic gear like celestial weapons are still pretty high (around 20 gold roughly) but it will continue to go down till it settles. The ascended version will have to cost at least 30-50g to be worth it to sell but I do agree that making them sellable instead of being instantly account bound is, at least from my point of view, a good idea. 

1 hour ago, Evil Seabass.5214 said:

Now that all of my characters can access legendary gear once I've crafted/bound them, it would be nice to be able to sell/trade all the ascended items I'll no longer need. Doesnt really make sense to keep them account-bound anymore. I'm not referring to items I've purchased or crafted, then equipped and used, but ascended items that come as drops, like armor and weapon boxes, Drakkar's and Tequatl's Hoards, Gift or Aurene, Ryland's Frostsaw GS, etc.

There's no reason to keep them so salvage/delete them. There's no reason to make them tradeable just so the people that are already ahead (and have legendaries +stacks of ascended gear) can funnel more newb gold into their pockets. People that keep proposing that just want moremoremore, but they don't need or deserve moremoremore. That's nothing else than greed.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Evil Seabass.5214 said:

they just need to make them sellable on tp like they were before for a very limited time.

• Confused 3

5 hours ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

they just need to make them sellable on tp like they were before for a very limited time.

Source? verification? Or just wishful thinking in your dreams?

Selling mystic forge ingredients that make an ascended is not the same as the ascended gear itself.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 2

eh, I don't think it's needed. Intended progression seems to be getting ascended trinkets through story, then as you progress higher in fracs you get it via frac currency or drops. Seeing as how ascended gear only matters for fractals it's not a big deal, and anyone who made it already got use out of it. Besides all of this, the only gate to getting it is dragonite/bloodstone/empyreal which even playing casually you'll probably have more than you can use of it.

16 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

There's no reason to keep them so salvage/delete them. There's no reason to make them tradeable just so the people that are already ahead (and have legendaries +stacks of ascended gear) can funnel more newb gold into their pockets. People that keep proposing that just want moremoremore, but they don't need or deserve moremoremore. That's nothing else than greed.

Both participants in a successful trade get what they want, no?

You make it sound exploitative.

It is nothing of the sort.

Nevermind the possibility of gifting ascended items, which this proposal would allow.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, TwoGhosts.6790 said:

Both participants in a successful trade get what they want, no?

You make it sound exploitative.

It is nothing of the sort.

Nevermind the possibility of gifting ascended items, which this proposal would allow.

I "make it sound" exactly how it is and exactly what people making these threads want it to be, but nice sidestep. And he says it's ESPECIALLY about ascended gear boxes, I'm sure he's doing content SPECIFICALLY to farm those and they're not totally a byproduct which now he feels entitled to changing into 50 gold each LOL

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

32 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I "make it sound" exactly how it is and exactly what people making these threads want it to be, but nice sidestep. And he says it's ESPECIALLY about ascended gear boxes, I'm sure he's doing content SPECIFICALLY to farm those and they're not totally a byproduct which now he feels entitled to changing into 50 gold each LOL

I think you're overly worked up about this, and I sidestepped nothing.

The first sentence I wrote is exactly how a trade works; it's purpose is to satisfy the desires of two consensual parties.

Also, what's to prevent anyone from doing the exact same content as you imagine the OP doing, for the exact same rewards?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TwoGhosts.6790 said:

I think you're overly worked up about this, and I sidestepped nothing.

The first sentence I wrote is exactly how a trade works; it's purpose is to satisfy the desires of two consensual parties.

Well if this is how you want to do this, then no problem:

I think you're overly worked up about this. Nobody ever needed ascended gear to be tradeable or sellable and pretty much nothing about that changes with armory. Stop pretending you're intentionally farming those ascended boxes that just additionally drop by chance during the content you're doing mainly to get something else. Salvage/delete them if they have no value to you and move on.

Also, what's to prevent anyone from doing the exact same content as you imagine the OP doing, for the exact same rewards?

Not sure if I understand correctly, but if I do: nothing, because it's nothing special unless you're a new player, at which point that's exactly why it's exploitative and why I wrote about funnelling resources from unexperienced players to the "fully stacked" ones, while at the same time discouraging them from participating in the learning curve the game has.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Well if this is how you want to do this, then no problem:

I think you're overly worked up about this. Nobody ever needed ascended gear to be tradeable or sellable and pretty much nothing about that changes with armory. Stop pretending you're intentionally farming those ascended boxes that just additionally drop by chance during the content you're doing mainly to get something else. Salvage/delete them if they have no value to you and move on.

Not sure if I understand correctly, but if I do: nothing, because it's nothing special unless you're a new player, at which point that's exactly why it's exploitative and why I wrote about funnelling resources from unexperienced players to the "fully stacked" ones, while at the same time discouraging them from participating in the learning curve the game has.

Just to be clear, I don't really give a kitten one way or the other about this, I don't have a horse in this race.

I'm just having a hard time understanding the strength of objection some people seem to have about this idea.

Plenty of the component parts to many ascended items are already available on the TP. In fact, some people craft those to sell. You don't have a problem with that?

The 'nobody needed' stuff is just irrelevant; there are many, many things in this game that were not needed, including the legendary armoury, and yet here we are.

Also, again, there is nothing exploitative about providing something to someone for a price they are willing to pay, as an alternative to them acquiring the item in some other way. This is the purpose of the TP.

I was, personally, especially interested in the possibility of gifting these items opening up if the OPs suggestion came to pass.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

After this coming update i see no good reason not to or at least let ppl sell the chest that become ascended level gear.

It would make fractals , strikes, and raids disproportionately more profitable. It also wouldn't serve as a LI/LD sink because you can use prophet shards (strikes) or magnetite shards (raids) for the chests.

An example of a positive change Arenanet made this past year is the addition of ascended chest for the Return to Living World. That is something they could do more of, as it is neither handout nor a profit for people already ahead.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, TwoGhosts.6790 said:

Just to be clear, I don't really give a kitten one way or the other about this, I don't have a horse in this race.

I'm just having a hard time understanding the strength of objection some people seem to have about this idea.

Plenty of the component parts to many ascended items are already available on the TP. In fact, some people craft those to sell. You don't have a problem with that?

The 'nobody needed' stuff is just irrelevant; there are many, many things in this game that were not needed, including the legendary armoury, and yet here we are.

Also, again, there is nothing exploitative about providing something to someone for a price they are willing to pay, as an alternative to them acquiring the item in some other way. This is the purpose of the TP.

I was, personally, especially interested in the possibility of gifting these items opening up if the OPs suggestion came to pass.

Cool, so now you know. I don't see what more I'm supposed to say here,  I guess I can keep repeating it's exploitative, while you'll repeat it's not. 😄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

No..... Ascended has the same stat as Legendary - the end game stat. With the build template, you can already re-use them across multiple equipment tabs on the same character, and a lot of players already sitting at, at least 4-5 sets of Ascended gear stored in their alt, making it trad-able will mean they'll become dirt cheap real quick, it removes the player's incentive to play some of the content for making their first set of Ascended, or even the desire to farm the materials for making them. Making Legendary is very expensive and shouldn't be first and only goal for new players, it'll overwhelm them, even though Ascended was already very expensive but it's actually do-able and a nice sense of progression after exotic, you don't want to remove that sense of progression from new players before they decided to start on the Legendary.

You could argue that Legendary is the real end game and Ascended is not, but given that they have the same stat, they're both sitting equally at end game, it's just that one (Legendary) has a far better QoL than the other (Ascended), but it does not make Ascended obsolete with the QoL Legendary has. Therefore, I don't think be able to buy end game gear at a very low cost is a good idea at all.

Edited by Blueberry.8095
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1