Do you use stat specific agony/wvw infusions in your build

Are Stat specific agony / wvw infusions being used by many?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use stat specific agony / wvw infusions in your build

• Yes, I fill up all infusion slots with stat specific infu
    • Yes, but I don't have all slots filled with stat specific
    • No, I just use normal agony infusion without stats
    • I don't use infusions at all
    • I have the infusions on few characters for just the bling bling

I never used stat specific infu on any of my characters... That being said, I wish to know the current situation based on this poll, so I can keep up with the crowd if the numbers in poll are significant...

Also on a side note, is it possible to upgrade stat on infu above +5 ?

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871

15 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

What about the WvW stat infusions?

U can create a separate thread about wvw infusions... I intend to know about agony +stat infusions in this thread... Or maybe... Idk... I shd treat both infusions the same way...

Edit:

Fixed the title

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871

• Crystal Paladin.3871 changed the title to Do you use stat specific agony/wvw infusions in your build
26 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

U can create a separate thread about wvw infusions... I intend to know about agony +stat infusions in this thread... Or maybe... Idk... I shd treat both infusions the same way...

Edit:

Fixed the title

I guess it may or may not be a separate thing. The WvW stat infusions are easier to get, but don't work in FotM. Meanwhile all the infusions with special effects are agony resistance based ones.

I am really, really bad about remembering to put upgrades into my equipment. I've often noticed weeks or months after changing an equipment piece that I forgot about the rune or sigil. When I changed my thief's build I noticed weeks later he only had 5/6 runes because that's all I could afford at the time and I forgot to buy the 6th later.

Add on the fact that I don't do high level Fractals and only occasionally do informal raids with my guild (who aren't strict on requirements) and I don't like any of the infusion effects enough to buy or farm them so I don't really need infusions and it's a bit of a surprise I've got any at all.

My tempest has one or two agony infusions because she needed them for the Bifrost collection, and I think I've got a few others scattered around but I doubt any of my characters has a full set in all their ascended equipment. (Most of mine don't have full ascended either, mainly just trinkets and a few other pieces.)

I'd say it doesn't make a big difference for me so it doesn't matter, but maybe if I was used to playing a character with a full set of matching infusions I would notice the difference. But I don't really notice going between one with full ascended and one with only ascended trinkets, so maybe not.

I don’t, maybe because it can be perceived as a low priority investment which I tend to push back on and on as I spend gold on other things. I am aware that it probably makes me not a good player though. Oh well

Edited by Mik.3401
Typo

I use all the stat-specific agony infusions that I have (only a few), because why wouldn't I use them in ascended gear? Since I don't do fractals that often, I fill the rest of my ascended gear with WvW stat infusions.  There's no reason not to max out your gear if you have the means to do it.

Some but agony stat infusions are only useful for fractals; elsewhere (including raids!) the WvW infusions are the same but cheaper.

Agony stat infusions only make sense if you want to do a lot of fractals and even in those cases is w/e. Only exception is the cosmetic infusions which really should have agony resist/wvw bonuses united.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

depends...

i have 4 characters with +150 agony resistence, but only one of them has stat AR infusions (mighty +9s fit his build)

i have 5 more that also have ascended armour, for a total of 13 ascended sets among those 9 characters. the WvW sets pretty much all use WvW infuisions (+5 stat + 1% damage vs WvW guards)

PS: you can also buy WvW infusions from the skirmish trader for skirmish marks + memories of battle (or was it badges of honor?)

12 minutes ago, lodjur.1284 said:

They really should make cosmetic infusions also give the bonus against guards

Jeweler 500 IMO.

As far as topic, right now I have a template just for WVW on every class. 18x +5 WvW infusions mean I do more DPS than random full berserker PvE players when pushing a keep.

My agony infusions are rotting in the bank somewhere, I don't do fractals no more so no need.

Only using power, condition damage, or healing stat wvw infusions.

P.S have some vitality and toughness infusions from back in the day when infusion types on gear were restrictive, wish there was a way to exchange those.

Edited by XenesisII.1540

I have a WvW set on each of my toons.  Usually it is Marauder, but I've also done Marshalls and Celestial.  On all my other sets I have basic agony infusions so I can use them in fractals.

On the WvW sets, I have stat infusions.  I'm still getting them for all of my toons, but most of them are nearly fully kitted out.  I use fifteen +5 power WvW infusion (armor, trinketts), coming to 75 additional power and 15% increased damage against guards/lords.  I also have sixteen +5 condition damage infusions sitting in the bank, for when I eventually get a condi WvW set, but that is pretty far off right now.

I'm getting infusions for the weapons last.  There's  lot of weapons, and you only equip 2-3 at a time, so putting WvW infusions on all of the weapons will come at a great cost for very little return.  

Well, my marauder set is only used for WvW so I have no reason not to fill it with the best available stat infusions for that game mode, given that they are really cheap if you just login daily and to some WvW at least weekly.

For PvE I go zerk, so that set will get the agony infusions instead.