Legendary Armory: Follow up clarifications

2 minutes ago, Delita Silverburg.8632 said:

Thanks for the update, but you still haven't addressed the topic of skins. For example the whole benefit of having legendary gear is stat swapping at no cost, but the true end game of guild wars is fashion. So are you going to address the issue that currently exists with build templates that if I wanted to say look differently with my legendary berserker equipment template vs my legendary minstrel one? This is a pretty big fear for a lot of us that our thief, ranger and engineer will all look the exact same if they pull the same set of legendary armor from the armory.

Once you’ve equipped a legendary item to multiple equipment templates, you can set different attributes, upgrade selections, and skins for each one.

You shouldn't worry about it, you'll bind different skins for each template you equip your armor in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kain Francois.4328 said:

ArenaNet is doing the right thing by releasing the legendary armory now, rather than delaying promised features another year longer.

They gave a thorough technical reason why the Aurora toggle is difficult to implement right now, and the business decision why they cannot afford time on it until EoD is finished. GW2 is currently in a position where EoD must be successful, and they need all their engine developers working on that instead of a legendary trinket only a small fragment of the playerbase can afford. It speaks volumes about those who call that a "BS reason", rather than ArenaNet as a studio. We're all bummed about no aurora toggle, including ArenaNet. But that's life. We have to accept the sacrifices necessary to get this update live. We should be thankful we are even getting the armory in the first place.

Furthermore, for the first time ever, ArenaNet is being completely transparent, with a thorough, and open response, claiming hundreds of hours put into this one feature that only a small amount of the playerbase can even appreciate. We can only speculate the overtime that went into this FREE feature, all while working crunch on other things. I think now is a good time to remember there's real people working on this update, and thank them for their hard work, rather than being condescending and cussing at them. It's about something called respect.

Now that i am more calm, i must say that i can agree with you.

I understand the tranparency right now is good, we really needed that. And yeah, we dont need pp calling "bs reason" as i did, but from where i came, and knowing the big part of the language that the game was coded, it really send me a bad warning on the situation, and the general naivety right on this post just added more to the fire.

And again, we had a FREE feature as you just said becoming one of the most predatory in this game (The build templates), so while you are right that i should have show some respect, or at least not being honest and showing my anger, the same should be done in the first place to the playerbase in the end... But them again, they were "kinda" transparent as you should be now aware right?

So in the end, i totally agree with you, i should have behave myself better, so i will go silent now, but just a final reminder to you guys, as a life lesson, dont be that naive on these matters, or people will keep just giving you excuses that you will glad defend yourselfs when you all deserved better.

Have a good day/night!

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

17 hours ago, Vegeta.2563 said:

After the update.. instead of getting Slumbering Transcendence, you now get Awakened Transcendence as the first part, which then you can upgrade to Transcendence itself. 

See, the way I read it, Awakened Transcendence is just the new terminology for the upgraded Transcendence (ie it's no longer slumbering). If you're correct in your assumptions and awakened is simply the new term for slumbering then that's fine.

I'm just concerned that the time and skill difference that has historically existed between the non-visual and visual version will be eliminated, removing any prestige that folks have worked towards from the visual Transcendence version.

35 minutes ago, crazyfox.4269 said:

So if you have Eternity and Exordium are you capped on Greatswords then, not being able to add Gen 3 GS to Armory? seems lame.

I'm fairly certain it's a cap on the number of the exact legendary. Not total. Just like you can have 1 of each version of every legendary armor class/type.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crazyfox.4269 said:

So if you have Eternity and Exordium are you capped on Greatswords then, not being able to add Gen 3 GS to Armory? seems lame.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-legendary-armory-arrives-july-13/

"Since no character can ever equip more than four swords at once, your Legendary Armory will hold a maximum of four copies of Bolt, and a maximum of four copies of The Shining Blade."

You have a cap of two of each Legendary Greatsword. So you could add two of the Gen 3 GS.

This updated news on slumbering trinkets not being directly eligible to enter the armory is disappointing and has been unclearly communicated
Slumbering Transcendence specifically is not one I was looking forward to have to upgrade, and now it and conflux are not "good enough"  for the armory.  More so with the only info we have currently is that upgrading them pends a later update through a vendor. Am I supposed to just be thankful, despite having a reasonable expectation that a legendary is a legendary and have it revoked? annoying.

• Like 2

Adding my dissatisfaction with Aurora, Vision and Coalescence not having a way to hide their effects. Pretty much everyone I know agrees that it makes them essentially unusable. A monumental waste of 6k gold. But I'm less bothered by the gold and more saddened by the fact that I have no alternatives since they're the only legendary accessories obtainable.

Bear in mind that we've heard, "it can't be done" or "it'll take significant effort" from developers many many times and it's very often turned out to be not as big an issue or something a fan was able to solve with an add-on within a few hours of work. So try not to take too much offence when people are doubtful.

Have you considered less elegant solutions such as adding an NPC that adds an additional hidden buff that removes the visual effect? Or adding a toggle in the options menu? Or not adding the original trinkets to the LA in the first place and letting us exchange the tokens for the (LA compatible) version that we want?

I'm sure many would be happy to craft a second ring in that set (a new named legendary) that either turns the effect into something less unpopular or hides it completely. It would be a worthy use of 2k gold.

Also, it's unfortunate that we'll have to wait before we can add our slumbering trinkets to the armory.

Lastly, I'd just like to add that everything else looks fantastic. I know you'll have to sift through tons of whining (mine included) to get here but generally I'm very happy with what I've seen. Thank you, looking forward to using it!

Edited by The Last Hobbit.6492

On 7/9/2021 at 6:40 PM, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

Hi all, 

Catmander Neko here, I’m the senior engineer who worked on the Legendary Armory. 

We’ve been keeping an eye on the discussion regarding the Legendary Armory since the blog post on Tuesday, and we wanted to respond to a few common questions. 

Slotted upgrades and infusions? 

Upgrades and infusions in equipped gear and equipment templates (aka your regular armory) will remain in place. For items in your bank, shared and regular inventory, infusions and upgrades will be popped out to your inventory. 

Slumbering Trinkets 

Players will not be able to acquire new slumbering trinkets after July 13 release and any existing slumbering trinkets will not be absorbed into the Legendary Armory. The recipes for these items will instead reward the awakened trinket.  

But what about current slumbering trinket owners? We’re going to be adding a vendor to the game that will allow you to upgrade any slumbering trinket to the fully awakened version. You’ll be able to use the effect toggle in the Equipment panel to disable the effects from the awakened versions if you choose. This vendor won’t be in-game with the launch of Legendary Armory, but we plan to release it in a future update. 

WvW player? Conflux will no longer be unique, so players who currently use the awakened and slumbering versions can continue to use their current equipment loadout. 

Aurora, Vision, Coalescence 

We wanted to make a toggle for the three legendary PVE trinkets (Aurora, Vision and Coalescence). Unfortunately, these three items are setup differently from other items with visual effects and giving them a toggle is a complex problem. That probably sounds silly – it’s just a checkbox, right? A quick peek behind the curtain: these items are set up using a stacking buff (based on the number of equipped legendary trinkets) to determine which visual effect is added to the character model (i.e. the effect is actually added by the buff, not the item). The toggles in the Equipment panel control the visual effects on the items themselves–it’s not changing which item is slotted (i.e. it’s not switching to the slumbering version). This makes it much more difficult to convert them to the system where effects are on the item itself and can be toggled. Conflux and Transcendence previously got their effect from a buff not the item, but because they were a non-stacking buff we were able to move the effect to the item with a small amount of work and allow it to benefit from the toggle. 

Fixing this for Aurora, Vision, and Coalescence would require a rework of the visual effects for these items and how they’re applied (which would likely leave some players unhappy as it would change their appearance), or a significant engineering investment to build a one-off solution. That investment isn’t something we can commit to right now–our engineering team is focused on End of Dragons, Alliances, and DX11. We understand how important this is to all of you and that this isn’t the response you were hoping for, but in the spirit of transparency we wanted to let you know where things currently stand. 

Eternity, Sunrise, and Twilight 

We already answered this question in another thread, but for the sake of completeness we’ll hit it again here. Players that bound Eternity to their accounts prior to the release of the Legendary Armory will receive an unlock for both Sunrise and Twilight in their Legendary Armory. Unbound Eternities bought from the Trading Post and added to the Legendary Armory will also act the same way. However, Eternity granted from the new Mystic Forge recipe using token items will not grant the additional unlocks. 

Gen 2 Precursor Crafting Limits 

Players will be able to craft multiple Gen 2 precursors after the Legendary Armory releases, meaning you can acquire multiples of Gen 2 legendaries. 

Legendary Armory Item Caps 

Each type of equipment has its own limit, and the limit is counted separately for every unique legendary item. For example, you can unlock a Perfected Envoy light helm and an Ardent Glorious light helm as well. Here's a complete list: 

• Two-handed weapons: 2 
  • Main-hand exclusive weapons: 2 
  • Offhand exclusive weapons: 2 
  • One-handed weapons useable in either hand: 4 
  • Armor: 1 per piece, per armor class 
  • Back items: 1  
  • Trinkets: 1 (except Conflux, which is 2) 
  • Runes: 7 
  • Sigils: 8 

Thanks for the update 😄

On 7/9/2021 at 3:40 PM, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

Back items: 1  

there was previously a statement regarding people who made multiple sets of legandaries , see as the cap is 1 for backpieces i was wondering , do backpieces also apply with having multiple sets or is it invalid for backpieces because they have unique skins attached to them?

ex. ad infinitum and ascension

13 minutes ago, I not.9675 said:

there was previously a statement regarding people who made multiple sets of legandaries , see as the cap is 1 for backpieces i was wondering , do backpieces also apply with having multiple sets or is it invalid for backpieces because they have unique skins attached to them?

ex. ad infinitum and ascension

The only thing it would apply to is more than 1 Warbringer from WVW as far as I know, as in your example those have skins and are unique.

Edited by Infusion.7149

45 minutes ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

I certainly hope it's 2.

How would that work then if someone has 2 Conflux and 1 Transcendence? You get 2 Blue and 1 Red ball?

I think it's programmed to have 1 spot for the Blue Ball and 1 spot for the Red Ball.

Even if the effect stacks, you would get a brighter Blue Ball, but it wouldnt take the spot of the Red Ball, sadly. 

On 7/9/2021 at 6:11 PM, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

No

We understand your concern. Our team has put a lot of time into thinking about edge cases and put hundreds and hundreds of hours testing the auto-conversion process alone

Introducing more slumbering trinkets (and then adding them all to the LA, because what good would they be if not, right?) would create unfairness for players who crafted the awakened version before now. Players who crafted it later would get an unlock for the slumbering version and also the awakened version when it was upgraded (similar to the Sunrise/Twilight/Eternity situation, because removing a charge from your LA is not feasible). For rings and accessories though this means a player could craft only 1 legendary but equip 2 legendaries (not as much as issue for the 3 greatswords because you already had 2, and the 3rd does not give you an unfair advantage so it was an acceptable outlier)

So simply make it so that in order to get slumbering versions of the Aurora and the Vision, the player must trade in both the Aurora and the Vision together. Receiving 4 legendary accessories by crafting 2 of them is no more of an advantage than having 2 legendary accessories.

Edited by BlueJin.4127

Is a solution to think sideways and just completely remove the effects off the 3 non-slumbering trinkets and add it to new enrichments instead?
Make a new collection with 3 tiers that each tier unlocks a new enrichment with each trinket on your account to pull from your hero panel (like AP reward weapons) to match the old effects.  It would create a mess of combinations to cover the current combinations (6) of enrichments boosts, but we could just choose whether we wanted the 1, 2, or 3 combo version of the effect.  Enrichments are in amulets so it wouldn't create a problem with possibly duplicating a free legendary to introduce a slumbering version or with putting it on infusions.
It might have less detrimental visual edge cases - it would not allow visual overlap with Koda's Warmth, Otter's Blessing and Celebratory Birthday Enrichment.
The birthday enrichment interacts with draw weapon effect, so it seems theoretically possible.

I feel like the change for the pvp/wvw trinkets is only making it harder to fix the problem with the pve trio.  If all legendary trinkets are currently using a buff to determine their visual effect, wouldn't it make more sense to have the checkboxes for trinkets determine whether or not the buff is applied rather than changing the pvp/wvw trinkets from a buff to directly applying their effect?  Even if it was harder to implement initially I think it would work better in the long run as you already have a standard for legendary trinkets.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 4:10 AM, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

Aurora, Vision, Coalescence 

We wanted to make a toggle for the three legendary PVE trinkets (Aurora, Vision and Coalescence). Unfortunately, these three items are setup differently from other items with visual effects and giving them a toggle is a complex problem. That probably sounds silly – it’s just a checkbox, right? A quick peek behind the curtain: these items are set up using a stacking buff (based on the number of equipped legendary trinkets) to determine which visual effect is added to the character model (i.e. the effect is actually added by the buff, not the item). The toggles in the Equipment panel control the visual effects on the items themselves–it’s not changing which item is slotted (i.e. it’s not switching to the slumbering version). This makes it much more difficult to convert them to the system where effects are on the item itself and can be toggled. Conflux and Transcendence previously got their effect from a buff not the item, but because they were a non-stacking buff we were able to move the effect to the item with a small amount of work and allow it to benefit from the toggle. 

Fixing this for Aurora, Vision, and Coalescence would require a rework of the visual effects for these items and how they’re applied (which would likely leave some players unhappy as it would change their appearance), or a significant engineering investment to build a one-off solution. That investment isn’t something we can commit to right now–our engineering team is focused on End of Dragons, Alliances, and DX11. We understand how important this is to all of you and that this isn’t the response you were hoping for, but in the spirit of transparency we wanted to let you know where things currently stand.

Another solution to the problem of not being able to turn off the visual effect if all 3 PVE legendary trinkets are equiipped.. is to change the visual itself.. (which with 3 of them some find ugly.. but more importantly a visual clutter).. change the visual to --
1 PVE legendary trinket = 1 glowy ball (same color as single trinket like vision instead of 4)
2 PVE Legendary Trinkets= 1 (or 2) glowy balls with significant color change.
3 PVE Legendary Trinkets = 1 bigger ball with color change

less visual clutter/noise .. rectifies the ugliness of the 3 trinket effect (subjective to some). this maybe an easier fix than tweaking all that "buff" aspects and behind-the-code aspects of the PVE trinket set visuals.

Edited by Arok Vaar.6758
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, croshaine.8410 said:

seriously this is bad news for slumbering transcendence.

The awakened version of transcendence and conflux have a toggle for the effect now. So no need for the slumbering version anymore.

Also you can exchange the slumbering one for the awakened one later on. (Or finish it before patch hit)

6 minutes ago, Nasbit.3240 said:

The awakened version of transcendence and conflux have a toggle for the effect now. So no need for the slumbering version anymore.

Also you can exchange the slumbering one for the awakened one later on. (Or finish it before patch hit)

I don't want to finish it.

I want to use it as a legendary item without the effect.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, croshaine.8410 said:

I don't want to finish it.

I want to use it as a legendary item without the effect.

As I said: You can TOGGLE the effect on and off just like you can show or hide your backpack with the finished one when the armory comes.

29 minutes ago, Nasbit.3240 said:

As I said: You can TOGGLE the effect on and off just like you can show or hide your backpack with the finished one when the armory comes.

the problem is that I don't want to do a pvp tournament to finish it and it will be necessary to finish it to have it in the legendary armory.

And the vendor for finish it need the emblem of tournament victory I suppose. 

Edited by croshaine.8410