Legendary Armory: Follow up clarifications

12 minutes ago, croshaine.8410 said:

the problem is that I don't want to do a pvp tournament to finish it and it will be necessary to finish it to have it in the legendary armory.

And the vendor for finish it need the emblem of tournament victory I suppose. 

If you don't want to play PVP for the PVP amulet, you also could wait for the PvE legendary amulet from Return to Living World (as an alternate option)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, croshaine.8410 said:

My legendary slumbering pvp amulet that I crafted is useless now?

Nope. You still are able to use it like before. It will just not being added to the armory, except you upgrade it or exchange it with the NPC (and no, I don't think it will cost you anything to exchange it there, since the current recipe for the slumbering will give the awakened one instead)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nasbit.3240 said:

(and no, I don't think it will cost you anything to exchange it there, since the current recipe for the slumbering will give the awakened one instead)

On 7/10/2021 at 3:11 AM, Catmander Neko.5643 said:
On 7/10/2021 at 1:23 AM, Mckeone.9804 said:

Will this vendor have a cost associated for the upgraded version, like with the current mystic forge requirements? 

No

yes you are right I just found the answer.

• Haha 1

On 7/10/2021 at 12:40 AM, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

Aurora, Vision, Coalescence 

We wanted to make a toggle for the three legendary PVE trinkets (Aurora, Vision and Coalescence). Unfortunately, these three items are setup differently from other items with visual effects and giving them a toggle is a complex problem. That probably sounds silly – it’s just a checkbox, right? A quick peek behind the curtain: these items are set up using a stacking buff (based on the number of equipped legendary trinkets) to determine which visual effect is added to the character model (i.e. the effect is actually added by the buff, not the item). The toggles in the Equipment panel control the visual effects on the items themselves–it’s not changing which item is slotted (i.e. it’s not switching to the slumbering version). This makes it much more difficult to convert them to the system where effects are on the item itself and can be toggled. Conflux and Transcendence previously got their effect from a buff not the item, but because they were a non-stacking buff we were able to move the effect to the item with a small amount of work and allow it to benefit from the toggle. 

Fixing this for Aurora, Vision, and Coalescence would require a rework of the visual effects for these items and how they’re applied (which would likely leave some players unhappy as it would change their appearance), or a significant engineering investment to build a one-off solution. That investment isn’t something we can commit to right now–our engineering team is focused on End of Dragons, Alliances, and DX11. We understand how important this is to all of you and that this isn’t the response you were hoping for, but in the spirit of transparency we wanted to let you know where things currently stand. 

How about you just let us make slumbering versions of Aurora, Vision and Coalescence? It would be another item with no effect. If you for example have the other 2 trinkets with effect (for whatever reason) it won't affect it. I dont think we necessarly need the convenience of toggle button. Just the option of making an effectless version is enough. 

Otherwise I'm not making those 3 trinkets, I won't have balls above all my chars.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dragonis.5964 said:

How about you just let us make slumbering versions of Aurora, Vision and Coalescence? It would be another item with no effect. If you for example have the other 2 trinkets with effect (for whatever reason) it won't affect it. I dont think we necessarly need the convenience of toggle button. Just the option of making an effectless version is enough. 

Otherwise I'm not making those 3 trinkets, I won't have balls above all my chars.

Again, this won’t work because now you create 3 additional legendary trinkets. Despite crafting 1 Aurora you’d have two Aurora in your armory. Armory will suck in the trinkets, so you can’t trade them out. Creating new items isn’t the answer here. They should instead manipulate the stacking buff effect.

7 minutes ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

What happens to legendary runes or sigils that are slotted into ascended items?

According to what we've heard, if they were equipped, they will be added to armoury, and automatically readded from armoury to the place they were originally in, If they were slotted into an item that is not equipped, but is in inventory/bank, then they will be added to armory and removed from the item it was originally in.

• Like 1

Let me see if I read this correctly. Transcendence and Conflux are going to have the option to be toggled, but no other legendary trinket is. From the way it is explained, seems like the toggle will switch between the Slumbering and Awakened versions of the legendary, two different trinkets with different item IDs, while only one of them exists in the armory, meaning that the both Slumbering trinkets still exist and will be used.

With that in mind, creating new item IDs for a Slumbering Aurora, Vision and Coalescence without the unique buff and that don't show up on the armory, so people can't equip two of the same trinket, is a solution that is readily available but for some reason not implemented. 

Edited by Mikoaski.6358
  • Confused 1

Also, as I got the Slumbering Conflux now which cannot be added to the armory and not yet converted to the (Visual) Conflux: Can opt to not use the Legendary Armory and just keep using my equipment templates in the mean time? Or do I have to do without one of my two legendary rings for a while?

3 minutes ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Also, as I got the Slumbering Conflux now which cannot be added to the armory and not yet converted to the (Visual) Conflux: Can opt to not use the Legendary Armory and just keep using my equipment templates in the mean time? Or do I have to do without one of my two legendary rings for a while?

As I read it, you can keep using as now. But, I am just a little worried that current stat and/or infusion changing between builds may get broken. But I guess we may not know before Tuesday.

9 minutes ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

I painstakinly struggled my way through the sPvP 20 tournament wins. Does the change mean I did this for nothing as you can now get the visual transcendence without sPvP tournament wins?

Yes, once the "future update" arrives I believe that to be the case.

22 minutes ago, Mikoaski.6358 said:

Let me see if I read this correctly. Transcendence and Conflux are going to have the option to be toggled, but no other legendary trinket is. From the way it is explained, seems like the toggle will switch between the Slumbering and Awakened versions of the legendary, two different trinkets with different item IDs, while only one of them exists in the armory, meaning that the both Slumbering trinkets still exist and will be used.

With that in mind, creating new item IDs for a Slumbering Aurora, Vision and Coalescence without the unique buff and that don't show up on the armory, so people can't equip two of the same trinket, is a solution that is readily available but for some reason not implemented. 

No, I don't think that is what they have done. They have not implemented slumbering versions in the armory. They have reworked the awakened versions so they have a property that allows toggling on/off of the effect. They could not do the same with the accessories and PvE ring because they have a unique stacking buff shared between them. Clearly, it would be possible to find a solution to that but it would be quite a bit more work and versus other things they were doing they felt they couldn't justify it.

I do understand that a full rework to provide the option to toggle each of these buffs on or off is probably a waste but I do think they could offer a 'master off switch', disabling the buff altogether. Hopefully, given the strength of feeling here they can revisit this.

Edited by Jong.5937
  • Like 1

Now, what I get from here is that people who crafted slumbering trinkets before July 13 are not as valued as those who craft them after as the latter group will get to enjoy the benefit with the legendary armory but the former group will not (until the vendor is added in the game.) That is sad and disappointing for people who put in more effort in crafting those slumbering trinkets hoping to use them with the armory. On the other hand, people who put in less effort (resulting in crafting trinkets after July 13) get to enjoy the armory before they do. 

I would rather prefer either one of the followings:

1. Remove slumbering trinkets at the same time as the vendor comes out.

2. Make slumbering trinkets only two legendary items that won't work with legendary armory. If you want to add them in the armory, you will have to upgrade to the awakened versions. 

I am fairly new to this game, but I really can't understand why they let people who came first get the reward after people who come after. 

Edited by stpk.2967
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

I painstakinly struggled my way through the sPvP 20 tournament wins. Does the change mean I did this for nothing as you can now get the visual transcendence without sPvP tournament wins?

You got Mystic Coins, hundreds of gold, and PvP potions.

ATs are good to do even if you aren't a PvPer. It's literally one of the most profitable activities in the game. People literally just LFG for "any" before ATs because they know they will get free gold even if they lose.

1 minute ago, wolfsblut.9435 said:

I get that this slumbering thing is confusing - I was confused too.

But I don't get that this vendor-thing is such a problem.

I could effort to craft the slumbering conflux, but i ran out of as little as 10-12g to be save on the 13th?
What is this all about?

I think it is more about upgrading slumbering transcendence to its awakened version. It seems the sPvP 20 tournament wins is a big deal for them.

30 minutes ago, stpk.2967 said:

Now, what I get from here is that people who crafted slumbering trinkets before July 13 are not as valued as those who craft them after as the latter group will get to enjoy the benefit with the legendary armory but the former group will not (until the vendor is added in the game.) That is sad and disappointing for people who put in more effort in crafting those slumbering trinkets hoping to use them with the armory. On the other hand, people who put in less effort (resulting in crafting trinkets after July 13) get to enjoy the armory before they do. 

I would rather prefer either one of the following:

1. Remove slumbering trinkets at the same time as the vendor comes out.

2. Make slumbering trinkets only two legendary items that won't work with legendary armory. If you want to add them to the armory, you will have to upgrade to the awakened versions. 

I am fairly new to this game, but I really can't understand why they let people who came first get the reward after people who come after. 

It is the other way around. People who put more effort (who upgraded it before the 13th) will get it instantly in the armory. People who put less effort (did not upgrade (yet) / still have the slumbering) will have to wait for the vendor, but on the other hand, will have less cost/work/effort to get the awakened/final form of their legendary.

The recipe which currently gives the slumbering (none final form) of the legendary will give the awakened (final) form post patch. People who still have the slumbering will have to either upgrade now, or wait for the NPC to exchange it later on (they still able to use the slumbering version like before, so they lose nothing but also don't get access to their ring in the armory (yet)) 

Also, I don't think they have to wait for long for the NPC. Probably 2-4 weeks.

3 minutes ago, Nasbit.3240 said:

It is the other way around. People who put more effort (who upgraded it before the 13th) will get it instantly in the armory. People who put less effort (did not upgrade (yet) / still have the slumbering) will have to wait for the vendor, but on the other hand, will have less cost/work/effort to get the awakened/final form of their legendary.

The recipe which currently gives the slumbering (none final form) of the legendary will give the awakened (final) form post patch. People who still have the slumbering will have to either upgrade now, or wait for the NPC to exchange it later on (they still able to use the slumbering version like before, so they lose nothing but also don't get access to their ring in the armory (yet)) 

Also, I don't think they have to wait for long for the NPC. Probably 2-4 weeks.

I was talking about people who craft slumbering trinkets after July 13 but before the vendor comes out. They will get the final form with less cost (not that the cost is significant) and won't even have to wait until the vendor comes out. The waiting part is much more significant. It is more of the idea of who are more valued.

Edited by stpk.2967

So can someone clarify the armory thing when it comes to armor? I have 3 sets of PvE armor (not concerned about). One heavy, one medium, one light. I also have a 4th set that is medium wvw armor. Do I get reimbursed or something? At the time, I never thought I was going to get wvw armor so I just made the medium set because I wanted one for my engi but then I got heavy into wvw and actually had the chance for wvw armor so I made it for the looks because let’s face it the medium raid armor is meh. So now I have an extra legendary armor set that doesn’t get counted in the armory and I spent a ton of gold for nothing?

Nice piece information! Although I gotta admit that crafting duplicates of gen 2 legendaries does not make any sense at all. The difference to gen 1 is a different skin and a much higher cost to craft. So anyone sane would just craft another gen 1 legendary and reskin it with the gen 2 skin.

To craft you would need spare gift's of exploration, so most I think would have to buy on tp. Right now that is cheaper than crafting Gen 2 it's true, but maybe that will change when there is more demand??

Edited by Jong.5937

15 minutes ago, robrod.8496 said:

So can someone clarify the armory thing when it comes to armor? I have 3 sets of PvE armor (not concerned about). One heavy, one medium, one light. I also have a 4th set that is medium wvw armor. Do I get reimbursed or something? At the time, I never thought I was going to get wvw armor so I just made the medium set because I wanted one for my engi but then I got heavy into wvw and actually had the chance for wvw armor so I made it for the looks because let’s face it the medium raid armor is meh. So now I have an extra legendary armor set that doesn’t get counted in the armory and I spent a ton of gold for nothing?

All of your sets will moved into the armory. You don't have any duplicates, so all count into the armory.

37 minutes ago, robrod.8496 said:

I am afraid you are right. The two medium sets you own do NOT have the same base precursors (WvW and PvE.) So, technically you don't have any legendary item that goes beyond its cap.

To be more clear, you will end up being the same as if you had crafted PvE legendary armor and purchased WvW ascended armor (for skins.) Hence, you would have saved some gold as opposed to crafting two legendary sets.

This is why I have always wanted a PvE legendary skin without being a legendary armor (like WvW or PvP) or a WvW/PvP legendary armor that comes with its own legendary skin (like PvE.) 

Edited by stpk.2967
Fix some mistakes
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1