Legendary Armory: Follow up clarifications

I do have a question about the compensation.

I own two Flameseeker Prophecies, and the only reason I own two was because I wanted the achievement/title. Are both of those shields going to be absorbed into the armory, or is only one? If only one is, what will happen with the other? If I get compensated for it, great. If not, oh well, not a big loss.

1 minute ago, MorpheusDV.8592 said:

I do have a question about the compensation.

I own two Flameseeker Prophecies, and the only reason I own two was because I wanted the achievement/title. Are both of those shields going to be absorbed into the armory, or is only one? If only one is, what will happen with the other? If I get compensated for it, great. If not, oh well, not a big loss.

The cap for shields is 2 (you can equip one in weaponset1, and another in weaponset 2), so both will go to the armory, and you won't be compensated.

16 minutes ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

Slumbering trinkets are not being removed from the game, just being phased out because they were a work around to a larger task that we have now done the work for.

Thechnically you haven't completed that work yet. It won't be done until disabling effects of trinity of Aurora, Vision and Coalescence is covered as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

I'd like highlight a key word from this clarification post, we are removing the ACQUISITION of slumbering trinkets not the use of them. They can still be used in the existing recipe that upgrades it to the awakened version (for anyone impatient for the vendor) and they can still be used exactly as they are now (prior to July 13th) in multiple equipment templates on the same character.

Slumbering trinkets are not being removed from the game, just being phased out because they were a work around to a larger task that we have now done the work for. They should not be the way of the future and adding more of them (or any recipe that uses a legendary to craft another legendary) is just adding more tech and design debt that will ultimately slow us down in the long run.

Thank you for further clarification.  I will wait for the update to craft my Transcendence amulet. 🙂

2 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

I'd like highlight a key word from this clarification post, we are removing the ACQUISITION of slumbering trinkets not the use of them. They can still be used in the existing recipe that upgrades it to the awakened version (for anyone impatient for the vendor) and they can still be used exactly as they are now (prior to July 13th) in multiple equipment templates on the same character.

Slumbering trinkets are not being removed from the game, just being phased out because they were a work around to a larger task that we have now done the work for. They should not be the way of the future and adding more of them (or any recipe that uses a legendary to craft another legendary) is just adding more tech and design debt that will ultimately slow us down in the long run.

This means that people who started working on those trinkets early on and finished the slumbering versions before July 13 will get to use those trinkets with the armory after people who started working on those trinkets later and finish after July 13 but before the vendor comes out. I still can't understand why you wouldn't remove the acquisition of slumbering trinkets at the same time as releasing the vendor. Now, I guess it is good for those people who did not put too much effort and managed to craft slumbering trinkets between July 13 and the time the vendor comes out. 

At this point, could you tell us, people who put in effort and unfortunately finished the slumbering versions before July 13, when the vendor will come out ? so we can decide whether we are impatient enough. Is this too much to ask after we unfortunately crafted the slumbering versions before July 13?

Ps. This is interesting given that you will even reach out to 0.008% of the players, those who own more account-bound copies of a unique legendary item than their Legendary Armory can hold.

Edited by stpk.2967

2 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

Well tbf, its not really done until you adress the pve trinkets. However how come you decided on the vendor and didnt just let ppl upgrade them through the existing means?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Dang. 😞 So it seems that, based on this post, as somebody who made a PvP Light and WvW Light armor set, I'm out of luck with regards to a refund since neither of them are copies of each other. Same goes for my 3 Legendary backpacks (Ad Infinitum, the Ascension and Warbringer). I suppose I was half-expecting it, but I was hoping we'd get something back at least, even just a partial refund of the Mystic Tribute/Gift of Fortune.

Let me understsnt this right.. So if u want to run dagger dagger in Weapon set one and dagger dagger in Weapon set 2 lets say i have cleansing sigils and dodge sigils on. I need to have 4 legendary dagger and 4 legendary sigils on each Weapon?? Thats almost 10000 gold? Thats crazy.... 

Edited by Nightcore.5621
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

🤔 4 on each? What

Yes they say 1 legendary works only for 1 Weapon slot so if u want to use the same Weapon in each slot like the dagger dagger dagger dagger build than u need 4 legendary daggers and 4 legendary sigils 1 for each dagger 

Edited by Nightcore.5621
  • Confused 1

Yeah, it would be madness to run a dagger dagger dagger dagger build when you just want to run Cleansing and Dodge sigils. Having more than two daggers certainly seems crazy to me.

You could just put a dagger in one weapon set's main hand weapon slot and a dagger in the other weapon set's off hand weapon slot and just use two daggers and two sigils.

Or use ascended weapons for three out of four weapons.

Needing one weapon per slot and one sigil per weapon isn't new.

Just now, Pifil.5193 said:

Yeah, it would be madness to run a dagger dagger dagger dagger build when you just want to run Cleansing and Dodge sigils. Having more than two daggers certainly seems crazy to me.

You could just put a dagger in one weapon set's main hand weapon slot and a dagger in the other weapon set's off hand weapon slot and just use two daggers and two sigils.

Or use ascended weapons for three out of four weapons.

Needing one weapon per slot and one sigil per weapon isn't new.

From what i understant u cant do that anymore put 1 in each Weapon set 

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Nightcore.5621 said:

Let me understsnt this right.. So if u want to run dagger dagger in Weapon set one and dagger dagger in Weapon set 2 lets say i have cleansing sigils and dodge sigils on. I need to have 4 legendary dagger and 4 legendary sigils on each Weapon?? Thats almost 10000 gold? Thats crazy.... 

Hmm no.

In Weaponset1 you put only Mainhand Dagger with 1 Sigil of Cleansing.

In Weaponset2 you put only Offhand Dagger with 1 Sigil of Endurance.

And you're all set. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Turtle Dragon.9241 said:

Hmm no.

In Weaponset1 you put only Mainhand Dagger with 1 Sigil of Cleansing.

In Weaponset2 you put only Offhand Dagger with 1 Sigil of Endurance.

And you're all set. 

Yes i know but from what i understant what anet said u cant do that when armory comes

• Confused 1

From what we've seen it looks like once legendaries are equipped they work exactly as they do now, including being able to mix and match them with non-legendary equipment. There is no requirement to have full legendaries to be able to use them. The only thing which is changing is that they'll be stored in something like the wardrobe and so available to all your characters rather than just 1 at a time.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

They didn't say anything that might be understood that way.

equipping the legendary sword Bolt in two weapon slots, you’ll need to obtain and bind two copies of Bolt.  For me that does sound like u cant do that trick anymore 

Edited by Nightcore.5621
  • Confused 1