Legendary Armory: Follow up clarifications

5 minutes ago, Nightcore.5621 said:

equipping the legendary sword Bolt in two weapon slots, you’ll need to obtain and bind two copies of Bolt.  For me that does sound like u cant do that trick anymore 

You never could equip a single weapon into 2 slots. You always needed to have 2 weapons for that. The trick was based on not equipping a weapon into the secondary weaponset slot.

Notice, how they never said anything about you having to equip weapons into empty slots.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You never could equip a single weapon into 2 slots. You always needed to have 2 weapons for that. The trick was based on not equipping a weapon into the secondary weaponset slot.

Notice, how they never said anything about you having to equip weapons into empty slots.

We will see tonight No 1 Knows so.. 

Edited by Nightcore.5621
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Nightcore.5621 said:

Let me understsnt this right.. So if u want to run dagger dagger in Weapon set one and dagger dagger in Weapon set 2 lets say i have cleansing sigils and dodge sigils on. I need to have 4 legendary dagger and 4 legendary sigils on each Weapon?? Thats almost 10000 gold? Thats crazy.... 

Just exactly how do you think it works today (pre armory)?

This is NOT an armory issue, it's the same as it's always been. (I think?)

4 minutes ago, Nightcore.5621 said:

equipping the legendary sword Bolt in two weapon slots, you’ll need to obtain and bind two copies of Bolt.  For me that does sound like u cant do that trick anymore 

That statement is correct.

You equip Legendary Sword Bolt in Mainhand of Weaponset1 and nothing else in Offhand, so here's the 1st copy.

You equip Legendary Sword Bolt in Offhand of Weaponset2 and nothing else in Mainhand, so here's the 2nd copy.

You end up with Bolt/Bolt, and when you weapon swap you end up with Bolt/Bolt again. Your sigils activate based on "when you press weapon swap", not when the weapon you are wearing actually goes into/out of your character's hands as per say, so they will indeed still activate when you go from Bolt/Bolt to Bolt/Bolt. 

1 minute ago, Zohane.7208 said:

Just exactly how do you think it works today (pre armory)?

This is NOT an armory issue, it's the same as it's always been. (I think?)

When i think back on the build template and how they made that worse than the free version addon People used i don't have alot of Faith in whats gonna happen tonight

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Nightcore.5621 said:

We will see tonight No 1 Knows so.. 

Tru, noone knows. The base assumption however should be that if they didn't say somethig is changing (and they did not say anything about changing that mechanic) then most likely it won;t change. There's no reason to worry about all the possible stuff that potentially might change when you have absolutely no basis on suspecting it might.

Yeah in that sense it will work like it does now.

If you want the same main-hand weapon in both sets you can do it by equipping that and an off-hand in one set, and no main-hand weapon, just an off-hand in the other. For example:

Dagger/Dagger

Nothing/Pistol

Will switch between dagger/dagger and dagger/pistol.

But if you want the main-hand weapon to have different stats or sigils, or want to switch it from main to off-hand you need 2 weapons. That's already the case and won't change when the legendary armoury comes in.

For example my thief sometimes uses dagger/pistol and pistol/dagger. He has the Claw of the Khan-Ur and it looks like he swaps it from the main to the off-hand when going between the two, but to do that I had to get a second ascended dagger and reskin it. Nothing there is going to change when the legendary armoury comes out. I will have the option to make a second Claw (currently that's impossible) but I won't have to and I'm not planning on it because it's expensive and I don't really need 2.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Zaxares.5419 said:

Dang. 😞 So it seems that, based on this post, as somebody who made a PvP Light and WvW Light armor set, I'm out of luck with regards to a refund since neither of them are copies of each other. Same goes for my 3 Legendary backpacks (Ad Infinitum, the Ascension and Warbringer). I suppose I was half-expecting it, but I was hoping we'd get something back at least, even just a partial refund of the Mystic Tribute/Gift of Fortune.

With the backpacks you at least got unique skins, so i can understand why they might not want to compensate that. With armor however you got pretty much kittened over.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nightcore.5621 said:

Let me understsnt this right.. So if u want to run dagger dagger in Weapon set one and dagger dagger in Weapon set 2 lets say i have cleansing sigils and dodge sigils on. I need to have 4 legendary dagger and 4 legendary sigils on each Weapon?? Thats almost 10000 gold? Thats crazy.... 

Or you could spend like 200g for 4 ascended daggers.
Or you could use some of the drops you might have, because most content that """""""""requires"""""""""" ascended stats also drops them like it's christmas.

If it's just OCD kicking in, then it is, in fact, crazy, but not on the game's part 😉

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

I'd like highlight a key word from this clarification post, we are removing the ACQUISITION of slumbering trinkets not the use of them. They can still be used in the existing recipe that upgrades it to the awakened version (for anyone impatient for the vendor) and they can still be used exactly as they are now (prior to July 13th) in multiple equipment templates on the same character.

Slumbering trinkets are not being removed from the game, just being phased out because they were a work around to a larger task that we have now done the work for. They should not be the way of the future and adding more of them (or any recipe that uses a legendary to craft another legendary) is just adding more tech and design debt that will ultimately slow us down in the long run.

Can we get your intake on the Emblems that are used to craft Transcendence, Conflux, and their slumbering versions? As it is now there will be 2 of the 4 Emblems with no use after the update lands and even now people end up with stacks of these Emblems with no use for them.

Would it be possible to assign a gold value to them, or create a vendor that accepts them in exchange for items and currencies thematic for the relevant game mode?

Apologies in advance, I have a few questions with the new Legendary Armory + legendary Weapons + Runes. Will I get some kind of compensation for the same extra legenday items which I will no longer need? Are they going to be automatically removed from my account and compensated for something else when the new patch tomorrow? No compensation on the following same items and taking a loss?

Note, I have the following:

-          2 same WvW medium legendary armor

-          2 same WvW Legendary backpack

-          12 legendary runes

-          2 same legendary Shields

-          2 legendary staff (nevermore + bifrost)

From what I am reading I only now just need 1 set of legendary armor per class, light, medium and heavy and 7 Legendary Runes.

So I will have the following extra items that will not be used:      

1 extra legendary wvw medium armor

1 extra legendary backpack

5 extra legendary runes

• Confused 1

Hey Guys and Girls,

i really tried to read everything i can, but i still got a question about eternity.
many months ago i bond 1 sunrise and 1 twilight to my account, but since i didnt use them i build eternity and sold it at AH.

Will i get my both leggy GS added to the arsenal because i got them in the wardrobe unlocked?
I think i am not the only person who did this. Yes sell both of them and buy eternity is the better option, but i craftet them with nearly 8 month between them and use twilight first as cReaper (Class died and sword was unused).

kind regards

1 hour ago, KaozeL.6431 said:

🤣🤣Brace yourselves... from today everyone will have a flying poo above their head...

cmon.. it's not that bad... sure I dont have the third one myself.. but looking at others have that nucleus and electrons atomic structure doesnt look that bad.. maybe its obstructing view and looks somewhat odd and not pleasant... but its not what u claim to be... and we still have hopes for that 4th stacking buff effect from the upcoming free legendary amulet that can make the effect look pleasant and different.. dont destroy the hopes of countless ppl 😁

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871

On 7/10/2021 at 2:11 AM, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

No

We understand your concern. Our team has put a lot of time into thinking about edge cases and put hundreds and hundreds of hours testing the auto-conversion process alone

Introducing more slumbering trinkets (and then adding them all to the LA, because what good would they be if not, right?) would create unfairness for players who crafted the awakened version before now. Players who crafted it later would get an unlock for the slumbering version and also the awakened version when it was upgraded (similar to the Sunrise/Twilight/Eternity situation, because removing a charge from your LA is not feasible). For rings and accessories though this means a player could craft only 1 legendary but equip 2 legendaries (not as much as issue for the 3 greatswords because you already had 2, and the 3rd does not give you an unfair advantage so it was an acceptable outlier)

Couldn't you just restrict the selection of the items LA, if a slumbering version is selected then the animated version cant be, this would solve the problem of the "unfair advantage" since having 2 versions wouldn't matter because you could only equip one of them ?

• Like 1

looks like if you made both slumbering conflux and awakened conflux, only one version is added to the armory. which means you'll only be able to use one legendary ring on all your characters while the second legendary ring is limited to the character that has it equipped.

that's my only gripe about the armory, other than that it looks good. just wish i hadn't spent the resources making two rings if one is now limited to a single character.

7 minutes ago, RisenHowl.2419 said:

looks like if you made both slumbering conflux and awakened conflux, only one version is added to the armory. which means you'll only be able to use one legendary ring on all your characters while the second legendary ring is limited to the character that has it equipped.

that's my only gripe about the armory, other than that it looks good. just wish i hadn't spent the resources making two rings if one is now limited to a single character.

You can turn it into Slumbering Conflux into Conflux or wait until the Exchange vendor is launched.

• Like 2

On 7/10/2021 at 5:30 PM, rsegames.3916 said:

Easily solved them by just not adding the actual legendarys and creating/replacing the old for new ones during the process.

Yes and you know gen2 are 2x time more expensive as gen1 so that not a good idea. It's enough to be able to use all of them if you want.

They still haven't told us when the vendor will be released. I bet there will be some people who will have won 19 AT matches by the day they announce the time of releasing the vendor. Issues like this will keep happening unless they are addressed now. 

Let us know when the vendor will be out.

Edited by stpk.2967

59 minutes ago, stpk.2967 said:

They still haven't told us when the vendor will be released. I bet there will be some people who will have won 19 AT matches by the day they announce the time of releasing the vendor. Issues like this will keep happening unless they are addressed now. 

Let us know when the vendor will be out.

the recipe to upgrade isnt gone. feel free to win once more and make it before the vendor comes out.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Transcendence

As you may (or may not) know before the Armory existed this legendary trinket had two possible states - a slumbering state and a full state. In its slumbering state you got the full functionality of the item and its stats but no visual effect. To get the visual effect (the red orb) you had to combine the slumbering item with a token you got by doing 20 Tournament Match Wins. This way more hardcore PvP players had the benefit of having the visual item "to show off" while most players could enjoy the benefits of a legendary trinket.

With today's update this has changed, apparently the item unlocks its full visual benefit even if you do not combine it with the 20 Tournament Match wins token. Said token is now useless.

Imagine my surprise and disappointment as I had just finished my week of working hard for my tournament wins only to find anyone can now have the visual effect regardless of whether or not they put in the work or have the skill. 
Once again Anet has decided to invalidate the work of more dedicated and more skilled players for the sake of ?? I don't even know. 
I hope this is addressed fixed, as it is right now it leaves a bitter taste in the mouth of any player that wants to play this game in a more serious way and wants to have something that shows off his hard work and dedication. 

I made a thread about it too but decided to post here as well. Devs have to do something about this. This is unfair and extremely upsetting. 

How about a totally crazy idea.
Instead of focusing on fixing these trinkets....
Let's get rid of effects bound to gears/infusions altogether.

Let's create a category for auras and implement it following the same principles of the current armory.
This way:

1. Anet could better control it and even monetize it (selling new auras on the store).
  2. People would be able to simply not equip auras they don't like or make creative mixes (i.e. The Shining Blade with Bolt Aura, or without any aura at all)
  3. People with more infusions will still be able to do their (aesthetically questionable) stacking of the same effect or mix them.
  • Like 2

Thank you for these clarifying answers, but I really wish you guys had come out and announced the token system for everything prior to the release. I crafted eternity just about two weeks ago by sacrificing twilight and sunrise. I had been in the process for two years and decided maybe I'll sell eternity instead to have gold for the newly announced expansion, which means new legendaries.

HOWEVER, my husband got a token for twilight since that's all he's crafted but he can now get sunrise and eternity and have all three legendaries. If I had known the token system was going to exist I very likely would've waited to craft eternity and used the tokens instead. Yes I wouldn't have the gold but that's a choice I could've made, instead, the system wasn't announced prior and I end up with no legendaries. Kind of a bummer all around. 

I also have a question, obviously there's a limit to each type of legendary you can have in the armory so for future legendaries are we doing the same amount of work and grind just to unlock skins? Since you can change the legendary stats and use it on everyone there doesn't seem to be a point to crafting legendaries except for the skins and collection. Or do I have that wrong?