Legendary Armory: Follow up clarifications

Does this mean i no longer need the 20 tournament victories for normal transcendence or will this have some attention to? It should be obvious by what's been written but it almost feels like it's too good to be true.

Edited by Zydeox.5409
  • Thanks 1

I have conflux and was just about to craft a slumbering conflux to go with it.

Does this announcement mean that if I wait until after the 13th I can craft it, receive another copy of 'full' conflux and this will be useable with my current conflux?? Or will I only be able to have 1 conflux and I should craft slumbering conflux now to then upgrade at the vendor in the future to be able to use 2 full conflux rings?

Thanks all.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lex.6592 said:

I have conflux and was just about to craft a slumbering conflux to go with it.

Does this announcement mean that if I wait until after the 13th I can craft it, receive another copy of 'full' conflux and this will be useable with my current conflux?? Or will I only be able to have 1 conflux and I should craft slumbering conflux now to then upgrade at the vendor in the future to be able to use 2 full conflux rings?

Thanks all.

If you don't have crafted the second (slumbering) one yet, I recommend you to wait until 13th, because you will get the "full" conflux. And yes, you will be able to use both, since conflux will not be an "unique" item anymore.

If you craft the slumbering before the patch and don't upgrade it to the "full" conflux in time, it will not be added to the armory on 13th, and you have to wait until the NPC is integrated to exchange the slumbering versions of the trinkets into the awakened versions which are part of the armory then.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wolfsblut.9435 said:

As a coder....there is a function somewhere to count how many of the three items are equipped to decide which effect is shown (1,2 or 3). They could simply add a checkbox to each item, to mark the item as non-countable. It "could" be as easy as that - no further change needed. 

As a fellow coder, this was also exactly my thoughts. Use the check boxes to control what feeds into the buff level generation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, GalenWolffit.3842 said:

So, I see a lot of complaining from people about "I don't want orbs on all my characters!"  Fine.  So don't equip those trinkets on all your characters.  Stick with ascended gear on your alts like you do today.  I haven't seen anything that says (or even implies) that once you unlock something in LA it *must* be equipped on all your characters.

The LA is 100% positive, with really no negatives.  Don't like the orbs? Don't equip them.  Put a lot of effort into something in the past? You benefitted from it in the past.  There is literally NOTHING you can do today that you will no longer be able to do once the LA comes out, except unlocking sunrise/twilight skins for yourself then crafting & selling eternity.

Would it be better if the 3 trinkets had a non-visual option? Yes.  But that's been true since the first one came out.  Does LA break anything by making them available to all your characters if you want to use them?  No.

Every other legendary item in the game has a method of removing the visual effect (transmog or toggle) if you don’t want to see it. These trinkets are the only ones that require you to decide between using a reward you put a lot of effort into achieving, or to enjoy how your character looks (if you don’t like the orbs). This is an arbitrary choice and legendary items should not be this way.

No one is arguing that they have to use these trinkets. They are unhappy that, due to Anet’s design of these trinkets, they have to make a choice that is not even a concern for any other item.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, lorephoenix.9185 said:

As a fellow coder, this was also exactly my thoughts. Use the check boxes to control what feeds into the buff level generation. 

Or they could add three versions of Aurora, Vision and Confluence that don't have effects, and allow players to exchange the ones with the visuals for these?

So even then with only 1 of the legensaries with visuals equipped, it will not detect buffs from the other 2 versions that are buff-less, e.g. if you only wanted 1 stack of visuals.

3 minutes ago, Dondarrion.2748 said:

Or they could add three versions of Aurora, Vision and Confluence that don't have effects, and allow players to exchange the ones with the visuals for these?

So even then with only 1 of the legensaries with visuals equipped, it will not detect buffs from the other 2 versions that are buff-less, e.g. if you only wanted 1 stack of visuals.

That would be way more work than changing the code part that counts how many of the trinket-trio are equipped.

1 minute ago, Dondarrion.2748 said:

Btw, does the toggle on the legendary trinkets only hide the effects from you, or everyone else too?

For everyone.

Just now, Nasbit.3240 said:

That would be way more work than changing the code part that counts how many of the trinket-trio are equipped.

Well, their post made it seem it was so much work while for the wvw/pvp trinkets that have two versions it was easy. So... duplicate the trinkets minus the buff code, problem solved 😛

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dondarrion.2748 said:

Ehhhh That’s still more work than the proposed check. If statements are way easier to execute than adding items. Some version of the check had to be already be done to determine which buff effect is active. The check box idea is functional identical to the item exchange, but without having to add new items to the game and slots to the LA which com neko said they didn’t want to do.

3 minutes ago, Dondarrion.2748 said:

Well, their post made it seem it was so much work while for the wvw/pvp trinkets that have two versions it was easy. So... duplicate the trinkets minus the buff code, problem solved 😛

Except you can’t exchange them when they get sucked into the armory. Adding dupes also means everyone has two of each trinket in armory. Manipulating the buffs sounds like a much simpler and more elegant solution.

5 minutes ago, Dondarrion.2748 said:

That was before they had the check implementation from the la

7 hours ago, rsegames.3916 said:

Aurora, Vision, Coalescence...

Oh boy, still with the BS excuse anet?

You do remember that you, RIGHT NOW, on the kittening game have npcs that trade one item for a similar version right? (On my head i remember the tonic for civilian outfit and the old infinite gather with the gather with a slot space)

So yeah, no kittening excuses this time. Just create 3 alternative versions of these legendarys that have no effects, and place in your kittening game. I know, i know, it wont have the pretty checkbox, but a combination of what have "buffs" and no "buff", and at this point, is the best way to stop this YEARS long excuses on your part to do nothing.

The communication that we are having now is great, and im sorry if im angry,  but after the guild templates that we had in this game whem we look at how it was in gw1, i dont want to hear excuses, you just said that actions are what matter on the end, so yeah, do the thing right for once. 

ArenaNet is doing the right thing by releasing the legendary armory now, rather than delaying promised features another year longer.

They gave a thorough technical reason why the Aurora toggle is difficult to implement right now, and the business decision why they cannot afford time on it until EoD is finished. GW2 is currently in a position where EoD must be successful, and they need all their engine developers working on that instead of a legendary trinket only a small fragment of the playerbase can afford. It speaks volumes about those who call that a "BS reason", rather than ArenaNet as a studio. We're all bummed about no aurora toggle, including ArenaNet. But that's life. We have to accept the sacrifices necessary to get this update live. We should be thankful we are even getting the armory in the first place.

Furthermore, for the first time ever, ArenaNet is being completely transparent, with a thorough, and open response, claiming hundreds of hours put into this one feature that only a small amount of the playerbase can even appreciate. We can only speculate the overtime that went into this FREE feature, all while working crunch on other things. I think now is a good time to remember there's real people working on this update, and thank them for their hard work, rather than being condescending and cussing at them. It's about something called respect.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, Kain Francois.4328 said:

ArenaNet is doing the right thing by releasing the legendary armory now, rather than delaying promised features another year longer.

They gave a thorough technical reason why the Aurora toggle is difficult to implement right now, and the business decision why they cannot afford time on it until EoD is finished. GW2 is currently in a position where EoD must be successful, and they need all their engine developers working on that instead of a legendary trinket only a small fragment of the playerbase can afford. It speaks volumes about those who call that a "BS reason", rather than ArenaNet as a studio. We're all bummed about no aurora toggle, including ArenaNet. But that's life. We have to accept the sacrifices necessary to get this update live. We should be thankful we are even getting the armory in the first place.

Furthermore, for the first time ever, ArenaNet is being completely transparent, with a thorough, and open response, claiming hundreds of hours put into this one feature that only a small amount of the playerbase can even appreciate. We can only speculate the overtime that went into this FREE feature, all while working crunch on other things. I think now is a good time to remember there's real people working on this update, and thank them for their hard work, rather than being condescending and cussing at them. It's about something called respect.

Exactly. "Don't let perfect be the enemy of good" is the phrase I believe.

Because they self-imposed a July 13 ship date they need to live up to it now. It is far better for them to release it if it isn't buggy and then iterate on the outliers.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, PseudoNewb.5468 said:

I guess they would have to create a separate item id, and if so, it would break the reason that they keep the Unique flag to the items. Second, if it gets auto added to the armory, you can no longer craft with it so the solution would self defeat on patch day.

Well yeah, I thought about that but then they've literally just shot themselves in the foot by adding the armoury before fixing this issue. They can just create those items and allow you to unlock both as long as they share the same unique tag so they cannot be equipped together.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ClaraFee.2579 said:

Too many posts for me to read through  to make sure, but it sounds like we can craft 2 Conflux rings and use them both at the same time because it will no longer be unique.  Am I understanding that correctly?  Can someone confirm please? ❤️

Correct

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

Eternity, Sunrise, and Twilight 

We already answered this question in another thread, but for the sake of completeness we’ll hit it again here. Players that bound Eternity to their accounts prior to the release of the Legendary Armory will receive an unlock for both Sunrise and Twilight in their Legendary Armory. Unbound Eternities bought from the Trading Post and added to the Legendary Armory will also act the same way. However, Eternity granted from the new Mystic Forge recipe using token items will not grant the additional unlocks.

still don't see why removing sunrise and twilight once you craft eternity wasn't your solution, you could just reskin Eternity to sunrise, but your way means alot more free legendary GS and no option to just have the skin no legendars GS or do the twice told legend, so from my perspective worst case

• Confused 2

22 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

This vendor won’t be in-game with the launch of Legendary Armory, but we plan to release it in a future update. 

@Catmander Neko.5643 Any idea how logn we will have to wait for the vendor? I'm just trying to work out if it would be worth updating before tuesday. If its only a week or two then I can wait, but it its going to be a few months then I'll upgrade it before hand.

21 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

No

We understand your concern. Our team has put a lot of time into thinking about edge cases and put hundreds and hundreds of hours testing the auto-conversion process alone

Introducing more slumbering trinkets (and then adding them all to the LA, because what good would they be if not, right?) would create unfairness for players who crafted the awakened version before now. Players who crafted it later would get an unlock for the slumbering version and also the awakened version when it was upgraded (similar to the Sunrise/Twilight/Eternity situation, because removing a charge from your LA is not feasible). For rings and accessories though this means a player could craft only 1 legendary but equip 2 legendaries (not as much as issue for the 3 greatswords because you already had 2, and the 3rd does not give you an unfair advantage so it was an acceptable outlier)

Half-quoting myself from reddit:

You got a legendary Amulet?
- No? It's fine! The upcoming Prismatic Champion's Inheritance will help you fix things with its two versions.
- Yes? Nice! Gz on your Transcendence! You can now reclaim a free "Omega Slumbering" version (not be confused with the old concept of slumbering, keep reading).

The "omega slumbering" effect in this instance won't pertain the effects on the amulets.
- Verions A: 1 Amulet that let you toggle its effects on/off.
- Version B (omega slumbering): 1 Amulet with no effects that if chosen will remove other trinkets effects.

Since for Coalescence, Aurora and Vision the visual effects are treated like a buff, then make it so the stack coming from any "omega slumbering" version of the amulets simply transform their effect into something else, and that something else is: Nothing.
Also you can't take advantage of having a double version of an amulet in the armory, since you can equip just one at the time.

What about something like this?
You were already going to add a vendor to the game to allow us upgrade any slumbering trinket to the fully awakened version. So even if we're just old Slumbering Transcendence owners we'll be eligible for both the versions I'm proposing.

Edited by Erick Alastor.3917

Thanks for the update, but you still haven't addressed the topic of skins. For example the whole benefit of having legendary gear is stat swapping at no cost, but the true end game of guild wars is fashion. So are you going to address the issue that currently exists with build templates that if I wanted to say look differently with my legendary berserker equipment template vs my legendary minstrel one? This is a pretty big fear for a lot of us that our thief, ranger and engineer will all look the exact same if they pull the same set of legendary armor from the armory.

2 minutes ago, Delita Silverburg.8632 said:

Thanks for the update, but you still haven't addressed the topic of skins. For example the whole benefit of having legendary gear is stat swapping at no cost, but the true end game of guild wars is fashion. So are you going to address the issue that currently exists with build templates that if I wanted to say look differently with my legendary berserker equipment template vs my legendary minstrel one? This is a pretty big fear for a lot of us that our thief, ranger and engineer will all look the exact same if they pull the same set of legendary armor from the armory.

They did. Each gear template is its own transmute if I read the annoucement correctly. Also it costs nothing to transmute. One of my raider guildies seemed happy about this and that was his udnerstanding, because he does ensure each functional set looks different.

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Like 1