I feel screwed over by the Legendary Armory [Merged]

1 hour ago, darkgmax.7203 said:

yeah many of us did, they usually response was that they cannot do anything because they are different legendaries and to start a post to see if it gets enough attention from the community and the devs, but its a little sad that we already feel already abandoned even when the topic is still alive

What bothers me the most is how rarely anything in the forum is adressed, or if they even consider what is brought up here. It's all fine and dandy to do some PR-developer-blog posts to create at least some transparency, but the forums usually feel like players communicating with each other, without Anet giving a kitten. Just a small post like "We see that this topic get's players attentin / that bringing up this issue has some valid points, and we are talking about it internally" isn't much, but it's at least something. And after that, coming back to us with a decision on how they will adress it.

The lack of communication with the players feels very unsatisfying.

• Thanks 3

With the implementation to the legendary armory, they made having multiple legendary armor sets(same weight class) obsolete and annoying with multiple armor pieces of the armor sets in the equipment panel IU

I'll rather have to unlock the legendary armor piece/weapon to the armory UI equipment panel and have the skins in the wardrobe panel this would have been a better system in my opinion

The skins of legendries items system are fine, but they can improve it, like it is mentioned the thread like paying Legendary Insights for PVE skins, Skirmish Claim Tickets for WvW skins and PvP League Ticket for PvP skins only if you have legendary armor unlock in the armory for (armor only)

On the matter of people with multiple sets of same weight class legendary armor with different skins PVE/WvW/PvP , I feel your frustration as your put a lot of time and effort to have two legendary armor sets of the weight class, only to have render one set obsolete because of a skin ID. In my opinion they are using the skin ID as a loophole to avoid people who have multiple sets of same weight class of legendary armor.

Side note for me skins are not what make the legendary worth the time and effort but convenience of gearing and swapping gear on toons, I mainly made legendary armor for that reason, and I’ve came to terms that I kinda wasted a lot of time, effort and gold making multiple armor set of one weight class.

This is my view on the subject

• Like 1

3 hours ago, censord.8679 said:

Side note for me skins are not what make the legendary worth the time and effort but convenience of gearing and swapping gear on toons, I mainly made legendary armor for that reason, and I’ve came to terms that I kinda wasted a lot of time, effort and gold making multiple armor set of one weight class.

This is my view on the subject

I feel you.

It's sad that ANet decided only to compensate those with multible weapons, and not those with multible armor pieces. Even though having legendary armor is alot more useful than having legendary weapons imho.

Edited by Imba.9451
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2021 at 1:56 PM, Imba.9451 said:

What bothers me the most is how rarely anything in the forum is adressed, or if they even consider what is brought up here. It's all fine and dandy to do some PR-developer-blog posts to create at least some transparency, but the forums usually feel like players communicating with each other, without Anet giving a kitten. Just a small post like "We see that this topic get's players attentin / that bringing up this issue has some valid points, and we are talking about it internally" isn't much, but it's at least something. And after that, coming back to us with a decision on how they will adress it.

This makes me nostalgic for GW1 and the early days of GW2 and it makes me miss Gaile.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

This makes me nostalgic for GW1 and the early days of GW2 and it makes me miss Gaile.

I mean, I get that they can't answer ALL the topics. But the QoL thread for example has about 20-30 suggestions a week. Adressing those with a weekly post doesn't seem like it's too much asked, or does it? I try to guess the amount of time this would take on a weekly basis, and I fail to see how this would take more than 2-3 hours a week.

And I still hope they adress this topic especially. Because they offered a solution for people who had more legendary weapons than needed, because those would not have offered any additional benefit to the player. Same should hold true with armor. Especially with the value disparity that's been described here.

1 hour ago, Kratos.9261 said:

May be Arena.net will add a brand new legendary armor which you have to merged the Raid the Pvp and the Wvw one in the mystic forge with an other item and that give you a new exclusive skin.

That would make about 8k gold for an armor skin. To me, this does not only cross the line. Heavily.

Edited by Imba.9451

12 minutes ago, Loules.8601 said:

Well, why not? Another high-high end goal. It's not so bad to have one or two of those (like Eternity). 

Eternity is 5250 gold on the TP

Twilight is 2850 gold on the TP

Sunrise is 3000 gold on the TP

If you buy Eternity for that price you'd get one Legendary skin.

If you buy Sunrise and Twilight you'd pay 5850 in gold but I'd argue that 600 gold is a price worthy of getting two more legendary skins and you can easily make Eternity from both of those. 

So I'm not sure why people would get Eternity for that price when you can just save a little bit more and get 3 legendary skins unlocked... 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

If you buy Sunrise and Twilight you'd pay 5850 in gold but I'd argue that 600 gold is a price worthy of getting two more legendary skins and you can easily make Eternity from both of those. 

So I'm not sure why people would get Eternity for that price when you can just save a little bit more and get 3 legendary skins unlocked... 🤷‍♂️

Eternity unlocks all 3 skins and all 3 greatswords in your armory mate so no it is noth worth it.

Edit

To be fair what you typed was how it was before legendary armory got into the game it did however change to what I typed.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

1. You can equip 2 greatswords. You can't equip two armors.

2. There are different skins than ascended.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...