I feel screwed over by the Legendary Armory [Merged]

3 hours ago, gebrechen.5643 said:

Content getting outdated? That's totally new. Why should you get something for having played the game? You decided to craft two different light armors and you used the benefits of having them for a while now. With the changes you still have both, both skins and can use both.

I paid for a permanent Legendary, not a temporary one, so the "benefits of having them for a while" isnt a valid argument. 

If one day they delete your Eternity and say that's fine because you still got to use it for 8 years, is that okay with you?

The skin is just an Ascended Armor skin, there is no Legendary WvW/PvP Armor skin. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Compensation isn't really the best course of action probably as I'm certain that coding a check for 2 legendary armor of same weight is going to be more convoluted than just a search for same item name and item ID.

I wouldn't expect anything immediate if they even do anything about it though. Don't get your hopes up.

It's probably as simple as this. Just to much effort to cross check items based on item rarity, via just checking item ID. Agreed.

I doubt it's related to players affected, given the amount of players with duplicate items is already very small.

Personally I'd hope for an upgrade to the Spvp and WvW legendary armor skins. That would/should be doable and while it might not solve the issue of material compensation, it would at least offer a unique skin.

Alternative, but obviously tied to a lot more effort, there could be some kind of visual benefit provided when a player owns different sets of legendary armor pieces. Say some effect when any 2 armor pieces are unlocked (say PvE legendary armor and WvW, on the same slot) or with 3 pieces. It could even go as far as offering a complete unique visual set for having all 3 armors. Obviously the work required here would only ever affect a very tiny group of players, still it could provide some incentive for players to get multiple legendary armor sets once they have nothing else to get.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Turtle Dragon.9241 said:

I paid for a permanent Legendary, not a temporary one, so the "benefits of having them for a while" isnt a valid argument. 

If one day they delete your Eternity and say that's fine because you still got to use it for 8 years, is that okay with you?

The skin is just an Ascended Armor skin, there is no Legendary WvW/PvP Armor skin. 

previously U can only stat swap with those two characters which has the legendary armor.. now after legy armory.. imagine all your light weight characters can stat swap .. so in reality anet didnt delete your legendary.. instead it gave u extra legendary armors for lightweight... don't u agree?

anet did announce its gonna release the armory... and still crafting extra legy armor of the same weight ... couldve been a mistake on your part... u shd've swapped the raid legy armor to those characters that needed stat swap... but u aimed for total convenience.. idk...

at this point, u guys can ask for some cool animations for pvp legendary armors.. that might satisfy u lot a lil bit... I guess anet can donate a single upcoming outfit skin for these ppl

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Like 3

PvP and WvW players are not being treated unfairly, they get their own full set of legendary armor sets and with less efforts.

If you want the raid skins play raids, this way you will also contribute to the increase in popularity of this game mode.

If you want to craft your own legendary weapons you should do dungeons as well.

I think it's actually unfair that in order to craft my PvE legendaries I have to farm PvP and WvW currencies and the gift of battle is only obtainable by playing WvW forcing PvE players to play PvP and WvW modes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

It's probably as simple as this. Just to much effort to cross check items based on item rarity, via just checking item ID. Agreed.

I doubt it's related to players affected, given the amount of players with duplicate items is already very small.

Personally I'd hope for an upgrade to the Spvp and WvW legendary armor skins. That would/should be doable and while it might not solve the issue of material compensation, it would at least offer a unique skin.

Alternative, but obviously tied to a lot more effort, there could be some kind of visual benefit provided when a player owns different sets of legendary armor pieces. Say some effect when any 2 armor pieces are unlocked (say PvE legendary armor and WvW, on the same slot) or with 3 pieces. It could even go as far as offering a complete unique visual set for having all 3 armors. Obviously the work required here would only ever affect a very tiny group of players, still it could provide some incentive for players to get multiple legendary armor sets once they have nothing else to get.

I suspect a big part of the problem is they don't want to automate it, because there will also be players who want all 3 sets in their armoury. Look at the number of people in the Eternity thread asking for reassurance that they'd have Sunrise, Twilight and Eternity (and Exordium) unlocked in the armoury even though they know they can only use 2 at a time.

If players log on and find one of their legendary armour sets is unlocked in the armoury but they other two are reduced to just skins in the wardrobe and some arbitrary compensation I think Anet would have at least as many upset players as with this system.

So it would be another, probably much larger, group of players they have to contact and work out an agreement with, like they're doing for people with totally useless duplicates.

• Like 2

I have multiple WvW armor sets of the same weight. I don't have the raid set. I am not affected by this issue. But, I do agree with the OP. The arguments that "it is like when shared inventory slots were added" or that "people have had prior use" are moot. Anet have decided to compensate people for excess copies of an item that do not have a different skin and, as pointed out, the WvW set adds no skins, so, logically, should be treated as though the person had multiple raid sets.

I can't believe it is hard to search for all users (presumably a much smaller subset of the "0.008%") who have both a legendary raid AND WvW set, of the same weight, unlocked in the armory and "reach out" to them as well? If they do not plan that already (and they may  just have forgotten/neglected to mention it) it sounds more like an oversight than an intent.

Edited by Jong.5937
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

anet did announce its gonna release the armory... and still crafting extra legy armor of the same weight ... couldve been a mistake on your part... u shd've swapped the raid legy armor to those characters that needed stat swap... but u aimed for total convenience.. idk...

Ok..  But let’s look at that.  It wasn’t until recently that we understood the implications.

Let’s say you have two ascended great swords: Twighlight and Exordium:

One gets deleted because, well, you have two…. 

both can stay swap so why bother going through the motions to get a second…. 

I mean, to quote you:  ‘crafting extra (great sword not legy armor) coulda been a mistake’. 

both are stat swappable, can only equip one at a time…. 

but of course that’s going to be viewed differently.  Because WvW/pvp legendary armor is considered the poor mans armor.

OP is not part of the .008% population as they claim. That was in regards to someone having more than allowed for a slot (like 5 bolts where only 4 can be used.)

The post by ANet clearly states that its 1 unique legendary so a perfected envoy and ardent helm is two different legendaries so each one will be available. Though since its all characters now it doesn't matter they can all where either or only one of those armor sets. 

"Each type of equipment has its own limit, and the limit is counted separately for every unique legendary item. For example, you can unlock a Perfected Envoy light helm and an Ardent Glorious light helm as well."

I could see how they feel screwed over because they made more than 1 set of legendary armor but different skins however that does not put them in the .008% of the population.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Because WvW/pvp legendary armor is considered the poor mans armor.

You may consider it such, but I don't 😄.

The costs and time gate are comparable, the only significant difference is the game mode you choose to spend earning it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, LuRkEr.9462 said:

I could see how they feel screwed over because they made more than 1 set of legendary armor but different skins however that does not put them in the .008% of the population.

As I said before, I am unaffected by this issue, but the WvW/PvP sets have no legendary skin, that is the whole point. It may be an oversight on Anet's part or they may have neglected to mention that they were also going to reach out to people like the OP, but it seems clear to me that the OP and those in the same position should be "reached out to" if they are to be treated equitably.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gebrechen.5643 said:

I have 8 ascended armor sets, all light, I have no use for them when I make a legendary set. Do I get my stuff refunded, pls?

You still have the benefits of your legendary - the skin.

Lol.
How is that special?

In addition, there is no skin for PvP/WvW, which is the whole point of the thread. If you post something like this you're basically agreeing with them even if you are in disagreement in your mind.

----

4 hours ago, Touchme.1097 said:

PvP and WvW players are not being treated unfairly, they get their own full set of legendary armor sets and with less efforts.

If you want the raid skins play raids, this way you will also contribute to the increase in popularity of this game mode.

If you want to craft your own legendary weapons you should do dungeons as well.

I think it's actually unfair that in order to craft my PvE legendaries I have to farm PvP and WvW currencies and the gift of battle is only obtainable by playing WvW forcing PvE players to play PvP and WvW modes.

So you pollute this thread with "Gift of Battle" is hard and completely miss the point. Have you ever even made a WvW legendary armor set? It's 1095 tickets per piece. I've made 18 pieces. I was also going to make PvP legendary armor out of my mistforged sets but the announcement came that we were getting armory.

You don't need to do dungeons for gen 2 legendary weapons nor any of the accountbound ones that aren't weapons.

Topic creator has PvE raid armor if you read carefully. In fact there are more people with PvE raid armor than PvP mistforged. WvW mistforged was dropped from 2K rank to 500 and you don't even need mistforged for the legendary WvW armor. You can buy PvP shards of glory off TP so if you hate PvP you never have to set foot there. It used to be you needed to map complete WvW for gen 1 weapons.

In addition, there's people with 10K WvW rank that only received a blue and a green for hitting 10K rank until they put a title which gives no AP or anything. Most of the diamond rank players (some are 35K+ AP) I know don't PvE much other than festivals or the living story and raiding isn't daily it's weekly. One commander I know specifically started to WvW more heavily when raids came out because he didn't want to deal with repeating scripted content over and over and moved from other PvE focused games for this exact reason. Raiding is "1v9", you have content that is stagnant it's the players that is the difficulty if you know the fight and have done it numerous times.

That's the disgusting lack of truth spouted by PvE-only players, WvW has the least profit per hour right now and if you foot the bill on tactics , siege, utilities, ascended food, etc it could very well be negative. Heavy scouting died with skirmish tracks essentially , the only way it is viable is joining a squad and getting scout designation. It's improved from initial iterations where you needed to pay for repair and upgrading structures but it still a long way off from any PvE.

If anything raid players have been very fortunate since before armory was announced there was a thread suggesting that people with more than 3 sets of legendary PvE armor should be compensated and the general consensus was "they had the use out of their extra sets".

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 3

A person crafted 3 PvE legendary medium armor sets, one each for their Ranger, Thief and Engineer. Another person crafted 1 PvE legendary medium armor set, 1 WvW legendary medium armor set and 1 sPvP legendary medium armor set to equip their Ranger, Thief and Engineer. With the Legendary Armory the second person will have all 3 of their armor sets absorbed into the armory, while the first person will only have one of their 3 sets available in the armory. That is why the first person will receive compensation and the second one will not, because only the first person is losing something during the transition.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Katary.7096 said:

A person crafted 3 PvE legendary medium armor sets, one each for their Ranger, Thief and Engineer. Another person crafted 1 PvE legendary medium armor set, 1 WvW legendary medium armor set and 1 sPvP legendary medium armor set to equip their Ranger, Thief and Engineer. With the Legendary Armory the second person will have all 3 of their armor sets absorbed into the armory, while the first person will only have one of their 3 sets available in the armory. That is why the first person will receive compensation and the second one will not, because only the first person is losing something during the transition.

But there's no difference between what first and second person will have. Both will have only one skin, and will be able to use one legendary armor. The second person is in no way getting a better deal.

Basically, unlike with weapons, there will be absolutely no advantage to having more than one set in Armory. It will not offer you more utility. It will not offer you more skins. It will not offer you more of anything.

And yet the first player will get compensated, and the second will not.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Ok..  But let’s look at that.  It wasn’t until recently that we understood the implications.

I mean, to quote you:  ‘crafting extra (great sword not legy armor) coulda been a mistake’. 

but of course that’s going to be viewed differently.  Because WvW/pvp legendary armor is considered the poor mans armor.

No No No, If you made both Twilight and Exordium, you get to keep BOTH Legendary Skins.

For WvW/PvP Armor, there is NO Legendary Skin, it is just the same as the Ascended version before you Legendarized it.

Say you craft 2 Legendary Backpacks, you can use both the Legendary Ad Infinitum skin and the Legendary Warbringer skin.

But if you crafted 1 set of Legendary Raid Armor and 1 set of Legendary WvW Armor, you get the Legendary Raid skin and only the Ascended WvW T3 skin(since the Legendary WvW Armor does not have a unique skin).

So you might as well have stopped at 1 Legendary Raid skin and 1 Ascended WvW T3 skin, because all the mats you threw into making that Ascended T3 WvW Armor into Legendary is now gone into thin air. You got nothing out of it(Not even a skin). 

Just now, Turtle Dragon.9241 said:

No No No, If you made both Twilight and Exordium, you get to keep BOTH Legendary Skins.

For WvW/PvP Armor, there is NO Legendary Skin, it is just the same as the Ascended version before you Legendarized it.

Thank you for agreeing with me.  I understand what is happening with the armory for weapons.

my point was, there is not a difference with the swords and the armor.  Or better yet, there shouldn’t be.

but can imagine the uproar if the ‘same process’ was used for the swords that is being used for the armor?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Turtle Dragon.9241 said:

Say you craft 2 Legendary Backpacks, you can use both the Legendary Ad Infinitum skin and the Legendary Warbringer skin.

But if you crafted 1 set of Legendary Raid Armor and 1 set of Legendary WvW Armor, you get the Legendary Raid skin and only the Ascended WvW T3 skin(since the Legendary WvW Armor does not have a unique skin).

So you might as well have stopped at 1 Legendary Raid skin and 1 Ascended WvW T3 skin, because all the mats you threw into making that Ascended T3 WvW Armor into Legendary is now gone into thin air. You got nothing out of it(Not even a skin). 

To be fair anyone who is crafting WvW or PvP armor would know that they don't have unique skins. This has been that way before the armory was ever even announced, they knew what they were making. 

Asking for unique skins for WvW or PvP legendaries is completely different than saying the armory is screwing them over.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Katary.7096 said:

No, you are not getting it. The second person can put 3 sets of Armor in the Armory obviously, but you can only use 1 Armor at a time. So you equip 1 set of Legendary Armor, and you can skin over(at no Transmutation cost). 

Let's take your example in a different way:

Player1 has 1 Legendary PvE Armor set, 1 Ascended WvW T3 Armor set

Player2 has 1 Legendary PvE Armor set, 1 Legendary WvW T3 Armor set

Player1 wears their Legendary PvE Armor and transmutes(free) their Ascended WvW T3 Armor skin on it.
Player2 wears their Legendary PvE Armor and transmutes(free) their Legendary WvW T3 Armor skin on it.

Both end up with Legendary Armor with Ascended WvW T3 Armor skin, since Ascended and Legendary WvW T3 Armor is the EXACT SAME SKIN. But Player2 has PAID WAY MORE for the SAME RESULTS since Player2 has spent Materials/Clovers/WvWTickets etc into making their Ascended WvW T3 Armor into Legendary. 

Now we introduce 

Player3 has 2 Legendary PvE Armor set. 

Player3 will end up getting compensation(as per ArenaNet's blogpost), while Player2 will not. 

So to sum it up,

Player1 paid for 1 Legendary PvE Armor set,

Player3 paid for 2 Legendary PvE Armor sets but will be compensated for 1 of them,

Player2 paid for 2 Legendary(PvE and WvW) Armor sets but will not be compensated and ALSO does not even get a unique skin.

So pretty much what this is saying here is:

If you made both PvE and WvW Legendary Armors, you are screwed.

If you made both PvE, WvW and PvP Legendary Armors, you are doubly screwed.

Even in the future after the Armory hits, if you make WvW/PvP Legendary Armors then someday later you decide to make the PvE Legendary Armor, your first WvW/PvP Legendary Armor gets invalidated since you retain the Legendary Armor functionality, but you do not even have a skin from the 1st Legendary WvW/PvP Armor set to show for it.

Everyone please be careful when making the decision whether to Legendarize the WvW/PvP Armor in the future, because if you somehow decide to go for the PvE one too at some point, you wasted a whole Legendary Armor's worth of mats. 

Edited by Turtle Dragon.9241
  • Like 6

Unpopular opinion as of today but not in the past: PVE extra armors should have not been compensated to begin with.

If you have more than 18 pieces you're already above top one percent on gw2efficiency.
https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.legendaryItemsArmor

Would have been way less coding for them , far less economic impact (i.e. the rich get richer , the poor remain poor), and less work for support to deal with.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Turtle Dragon.9241 said:

You are acting overly entitled. Nobody is taking anything away from you. In fact, it's quite the opposite. After the release of the legendary armory, you'll have as many legendary armors as you have characters, instead of just 2. If you have 11 characters like I do, then cool, you'll effectively have 11 legendary armors after the update. That's 9 more than just 2.

So you aren't losing anything, you're only gaining here, and yet you act salty because Greg who crafted only 1 legendary armor in the past will also effectively get a legendary for each and every character, and you think it's unfair because Greg only crafted 1 legendary armor and you crafted 2, meaning you put in more effort yet end up at the same place as Greg after the legendary armory patch. That's called jealousy and entitlement.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

think u seem to be confused.. even if i craft 2 legy greatsword, i'd know i can use 2 legendary for one charcter.. 2 2handed weapon is required for weapon swap

if by your notion, if in case twilight doesnt have a skin.... i'd expect anet to let me stat swap on the next weapon slot of weapon swap...(that might not be a best build but few sigils work on weapons swap those might help on few classes)

coz i understand the limitations even before armory and after they announced armory, it was clear.. but ppl making extra armor of same weight... idk.. its on them...

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Thanks 1

As far as I understand, making 2 sets of Legendary armour of the same weight was always a waste of materials, even before the concept of the Legendary Armoury.

From what I can tell, the OP isn't angry that everyone will now freely get the convenience that they paid materials for by making multiple sets, they are angry that some people that paid materials for convenience might be getting 'compensated'. Where does it say exactly that there will be 'compensation'?

1 minute ago, Eadbhard.8015 said:

As far as I understand, making 2 sets of Legendary armour of the same weight was always a waste of materials, even before the concept of the Legendary Armoury.

From what I can tell, the OP isn't angry that everyone will now freely get the convenience that they paid materials for by making multiple sets, they are angry that some people that paid materials for convenience might be getting 'compensated'. Where does it say exactly that there will be 'compensation'?

U right anet want contact those 0.008% just to say hello /S 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Unpopular opinion as of today but not in the past: PVE extra armors should have not been compensated to begin with.

If you have more than 18 pieces you're already above top one percent on gw2efficiency.
https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.legendaryItemsArmor

Would have been way less coding for them , far less economic impact (i.e. the rich get richer , the poor remain poor), and less work for support to deal with.

I don't know why you quoted me (especially a thread where people trolled with nonsense and off-topic responses), but any kind of compensation will be welcome. Curious (and a bit frightened) to see what we'll get on Tuesday.

30 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I don't know why you quoted me (especially a thread where people trolled with nonsense and off-topic responses), but any kind of compensation will be welcome. Curious (and a bit frightened) to see what we'll get on Tuesday.

Threads get linked as an embed , I did not quote you