I feel screwed over by the Legendary Armory [Merged]

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

But there's no difference between what first and second person will have. Both will have only one skin, and will be able to use one legendary armor. The second person is in no way getting a better deal.

False, one person has 3 sets of medium armor in the armory and the other has 1. The fact that the 2 additional sets might serve no practical purpose does not factor in here. Arenanet is not "deleting" 2 armor sets as a result of the new feature, that's the difference. And it is the reason some people will be compensated. (Whatever that means.)

Basically, unlike with weapons, there will be absolutely no advantage to having more than one set in Armory. It will not offer you more utility. It will not offer you more skins. It will not offer you more of anything.

From everything we know now it 100% looks that way. Arenanet is not giving the players the right to be guaranteed an advantage with the Legendary Armory, but they did decide on giving players the right not to be disadvantaged by the feature.

And yet the first player will get compensated, and the second will not.

Of course, the compensation is awarded to players who lose something with the release of the legendary armor, it is not given to those who gain nothing with the legendary armory.

Given all that, was it a good decision for developers to set the armory up to contain 6 (1 PvE, 2 WvW, 3 sPvP) armor sets per weight class? Certainly debatable, but this is what they have been working on for at least months and it is just days away from implementation. They did consider who should be compensated (approximately 0.008% of the playerbase) and how (currently unknown). That subject isn't something that they simply didn't think about. If you are going to try to convince them that they made the wrong decision I wish you good luck, I suspect you will need it.

3 hours ago, Turtle Dragon.9241 said:

No, you are not getting it. The second person can put 3 sets of Armor in the Armory obviously, but you can only use 1 Armor at a time. So you equip 1 set of Legendary Armor, and you can skin over(at no Transmutation cost). 

Let's take your example in a different way:

Player1 has 1 Legendary PvE Armor set, 1 Ascended WvW T3 Armor set

Player2 has 1 Legendary PvE Armor set, 1 Legendary WvW T3 Armor set

Player1 wears their Legendary PvE Armor and transmutes(free) their Ascended WvW T3 Armor skin on it.
Player2 wears their Legendary PvE Armor and transmutes(free) their Legendary WvW T3 Armor skin on it.

Both end up with Legendary Armor with Ascended WvW T3 Armor skin, since Ascended and Legendary WvW T3 Armor is the EXACT SAME SKIN. But Player2 has PAID WAY MORE for the SAME RESULTS since Player2 has spent Materials/Clovers/WvWTickets etc into making their Ascended WvW T3 Armor into Legendary. 

Now we introduce 

Player3 has 2 Legendary PvE Armor set. 

Player3 will end up getting compensation(as per ArenaNet's blogpost), while Player2 will not. 

So to sum it up,

Player1 paid for 1 Legendary PvE Armor set,

Player3 paid for 2 Legendary PvE Armor sets but will be compensated for 1 of them,

Player2 paid for 2 Legendary(PvE and WvW) Armor sets but will not be compensated and ALSO does not even get a unique skin.

So pretty much what this is saying here is:

If you made both PvE and WvW Legendary Armors, you are screwed.

If you made both PvE, WvW and PvP Legendary Armors, you are doubly screwed.

Even in the future after the Armory hits, if you make WvW/PvP Legendary Armors then someday later you decide to make the PvE Legendary Armor, your first WvW/PvP Legendary Armor gets invalidated since you retain the Legendary Armor functionality, but you do not even have a skin from the 1st Legendary WvW/PvP Armor set to show for it.

Everyone please be careful when making the decision whether to Legendarize the WvW/PvP Armor in the future, because if you somehow decide to go for the PvE one too at some point, you wasted a whole Legendary Armor's worth of mats. 

Having spent differing amounts of ingame wealth to get to the same end goal with the Legendary Armory is not what the compensation is based on. Players with 3 Bolts and 1 Shining Blade get exactly the same compensation as someone who made 1 Bolt and 3 Shining Blades, which is nothing. But someone with 5 Bolts and 0 Shining Blades does qualify for compensation. Not because they ended up "wasting" the largest amount of gold with the introduction of the Legendary Armory but because they went over the armory limit.

And at which point does the demand for compensation become unreasonable in your opinion? Can we take a player who picked up Guild Wars 2 4 years ago and who is now, after reading the information about the Legendary Armory, of the opinion that this feature completely changes the game, therefore regretting that they didn't spend the last 4 years collecting legendaries? Would a player like that not be entitled to compensation for timegated materials and currency, which they would have farmed if they had known about the legendary armory back then? Because I don't see much of a difference between that and someone who crafted an armor set 4 years ago and is now regretting it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jong.5937 said:

You may consider it such, but I don't 😄.

The costs and time gate are comparable, the only significant difference is the game mode you choose to spend earning it.

and skill and effort needed to get it, you cant say standing half afk in wvw is the same difficulty as a raid.

47 minutes ago, Katary.7096 said:

Having spent differing amounts of ingame wealth to get to the same end goal with the Legendary Armory is not what the compensation is based on. Players with 3 Bolts and 1 Shining Blade get exactly the same compensation as someone who made 1 Bolt and 3 Shining Blades, which is nothing. But someone with 5 Bolts and 0 Shining Blades does qualify for compensation. Not because they ended up "wasting" the largest amount of gold with the introduction of the Legendary Armory but because they went over the armory limit.

But the reason why they are being compensated for the armory limit is not because getting beyond that number is in itself worthy of compensation. It's because any legendary above that limit will become completely useless. There's no other point to that compensation.

And at which point does the demand for compensation become unreasonable in your opinion?

It's not about at which point demand for compensation becomes reasonable/unreasonable. In fact, i was originally one of those people that said that people with multiple legendaries should not be compensated at all.

The point is, that the compensation rules should be treating players equally (both in letter and in spirit behind the compensation idea), and not play favourites based on technicalities that disqualify some players even if, according to the main reason behind the compensation, they really should have been part of it.

Can we take a player who picked up Guild Wars 2 4 years ago and who is now, after reading the information about the Legendary Armory, of the opinion that this feature completely changes the game, therefore regretting that they didn't spend the last 4 years collecting legendaries? Would a player like that not be entitled to compensation for timegated materials and currency, which they would have farmed if they had known about the legendary armory back then? Because I don't see much of a difference between that and someone who crafted an armor set 4 years ago and is now regretting it.

The problem is not about crafting an armor and now regretting it. It's about treating two people that crafted multiple sets differently, based only on content in which they pursued their legendaries.

Actually the best solution should really be not changing compensation rules, but giving WvW and SPvP players something they should have got from the beginning - unique legendary armor skins. Because it's the very lack of those skins that creates the issue here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

49 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

and skill and effort needed to get it, you cant say standing half afk in wvw is the same difficulty as a raid.

Having attempted both paths (even though fortunately for me i ultimately did not decide to craft the WvW sets, so i'm not kittened over by the current situation) i can honestly tell you, that the raid path requires far less effort.

• Confused 1

Case1: Raid legy Armor of light weight + one more raid legy Armor of light weight = only one skin in armory and is eligible for compensation...

Now that I think about it.... Even if the OP knowingly crafted a PvP legy Armor of same weight, the end result is the same as in case1 

Case2:

Raid legy light + PvP legy light = only one skin in armory

So this must be eligible for compensation... OP is right to ask for a compensation...

The one thing that diverted the attention in wrong way is his claim about anet deleting a legy item which it doesn't.... but apart from that nothing's wrong in his claim

To add to that.... Compensations for these situations should never be a full compensation at all... There should be some deterioration... Like only half of materials should be compensated coz who knows what's the material cost when they decided to craft legy and the fact that they did enjoy the convenience for quite a while... But materials that are not sellable example clovers, ascended shards of glory, legendary insights , obsidian shards can be fully compensated

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

It's just as easy to afk in a raid if you want to. I'm sure it does happen in both game modes but there are few so dedicated to incompetence that they will spend 12 hours plus a week for 22-29 weeks doing it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Case1: Raid legy Armor of light weight + one more raid legy Armor of light weight = only one skin in armory and is eligible for compensation...

Now that I think about it.... Even if the OP knowingly crafted a PvP legy Armor of same weight, the end result is the same as in case1 

Case2:

Raid legy light + PvP legy light = only one skin in armory

So this must be eligible for compensation... OP is right to ask for a compensation...

The one thing that diverted the attention in wrong way is his claim about anet deleting a legy item which it doesn't.... but apart from that nothing's wrong in his claim

To add to that.... Compensations for these situations should never be a full compensation at all... There should be some deterioration... Like only half of materials should be compensated coz who knows what's the material cost when they decided to craft legy and the fact that they did enjoy the convenience for quite a while... But materials that are not sellable example clovers, ascended shards of glory, legendary insights , obsidian shards can be fully compensated

The WvW Legendary Armor skin does not go into the armory, to be used with no Transmutation Charge cost?

I realize the skin is in the Wardrobe, but those skins cost Transmutation Charges, no? 

On 7/10/2021 at 4:18 AM, Turtle Dragon.9241 said:

Put it this way:

If you have 2 Legendary Raid Light Armor sets, ArenaNet is going to compensate you, according to the blogpost, as you fall in the 0.008% category.

If you have 2 Legendary WvW Light Armor sets, ArenaNet is going to compensate you too, same as above.

If you have 1 Legendary Raid Light Armor set and 1 Legendary WvW Light Armor set, ArenaNet will NOT compensate you.

No, unlike Legendary Backpacks/Weapons which all have unique skins, you did NOT get an extra skin for the Armor, the skin is the same as the Ascended version(same skin as the precursor before you Legendarize it).

Do you see the discrepancy? 

Why did people make 2 sets of Armors? Because they made them before the Armory was announced.

Did you get a "convenience for it for an amount of time"? Of course, for the amount of work it took to make it, it better have.

Would you be okay if tomorrow ArenaNet deleted your Eternity from your Account because you got to use it for 8 years and that is ample "convenience for however long"? I think not?

Still.. although you have 2 different legendary light armors you have 2 different legendary armors your characters can choose from. 

If you did not make the wvw or pvp one legendary you only are able to use 1 set on your account. Now you can give every character this legendary armor. Still a win for you right? 

Sucks that you only have light armor. But yeah if i was crafting a second legendary armor it would be a different weight. Why didnt you? 

They are not the same. Why should you get compensated? I dont get it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Still.. although you have 2 different legendary light armors you have 2 different legendary armors your characters can choose from. 

If you did not make the wvw or pvp one legendary you only are able to use 1 set on your account. Now you can give every character this legendary armor. Still a win for you right? 

Sucks that you only have light armor. But yeah if i was crafting a second legendary armor it would be a different weight. Why didnt you? 

They are not the same. Why should you get compensated? I dont get it.

You can only wear 1 Armor at a time, so it is NOT you have 2 different legendary light armors to choose from, with the armory it is you have legendary armor or you dont since skinning the Legendary Armor is free.

Let's take a look at what it will be like post Armory for a comparison.

Someone has Ad Infinitum. Therefore their Status is have Legendary Backpack in Armory on all characters. Somehow they decide that they really like the skin on Warbringer too. They will craft Warbringer FOR THE SKIN and the fact that Warbringer is also a Legendary does not matter since their Status is already at have Legendary Backpack in Armory.

Someone has Legendary Raid Light Armor. Therefore their Status is have Legendary Armor in Armory on all characters. Somehow they decide they really like the skin on Legendary WvW Light Armor. They will buy the Ascended T3 WvW Armor for the skin, and just stop there(because the T3 Ascended WvW Armor has the exact SAME skin as the Legendary WvW Armor). There is no benefit at all to them to even consider Legendarizing said WvW Armor since their Status is already at have Legendary Armor in Armory, so we conclude that nobody would waste a Legendary Armor's worth of mats on such an endeavor here.

So it follows logic that if you currently have both the Legendary Raid Light Armor and the Legendary WvW Light Armor, you also have wasted a Legendary Armor's worth of mats, for the same reason(explained above) that no logical person who owns a Legendary Raid Light Armor would ever craft a Legendary WvW/PvP Light Armor post-Armory-patch. And there are definitely people in this situation because(see below)

I quote from the wiki:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor

Both of which were before the announcement of Legendary Armory or how it will work.

In regards to the compensation, ArenaNet has decided they will compensate only people who have say 2 sets of Legendary Raid Armor, but not those who have 1 set of Legendary Raid Armor and 1 set of Legendary WvW Armor. 

But both players are essentially in the same situation. For all intents and purposes,

They are both at have Legendary Armor in Armory, and 1 Legendary Armor Skin(the raid one) to show for it.

Why should one get compensated and not the other?

What is compensation?

Definition: something, typically money, awarded to someone as a recompense for loss, injury, or suffering.

What is ArenaNet compensating for? 

The fact that you have more items than you can wear.

However, they will not compensate you if you have Legendaries with different Legendary skins, because you are still getting the benefit of the unique skin(which is the reason why a LOT of people make Legendaries in the first place, the other reason being Legendary functionality convenience). 

But here we are, with more items than we can wear, and no other Legendary skin, yet no compensation. 

Edited by Turtle Dragon.9241
  • Like 2

This comes back to a problem I’ve been complaining about for years; legendary items NOT having uniquely legendary skins.  There is no reason the PvP and WvW sets can’t have a set of skins that can ONLY be gained by crafting the legendary version.  Making those skins the same as the ascended version is just lazy and a cop out, and leaves players with zero real options to get unique legendary armor outside of raids.

• Like 3

It's pretty clear some people have no clue about WvW or PVP since they still think WvW or PVP has a unique skin for the legendary armor. You can use Ardent Glorious or Triumphant Hero's for legendary upgrade and the Mistforged sets are only gated by rank and are ascended.

Fun fact : did you know that up until May 30th of this year not a single player in the game had a legendary PVP Glorious Hero's Wargreaves (the one without effect)?

----

Yes, I don't think compensation is the right answer as it dumps more materials/items back into the economy. We need more sinks not less of them. If someone has WvW legendary armor and mistforged fully unlocked , there should be a way to get a more customizable skin (maybe use emblems and 250 unid dyes). The Mistforged Triumphant Hero for light armor only has one dye channel for boots, it's that bad as far as customization. Heavy at least has 4 dye channels for chest and legs with 3 for gloves and boots but 2 dye channels for helm and shoulders.

48 minutes ago, Fenom.9457 said:

This comes back to a problem I’ve been complaining about for years; legendary items NOT having uniquely legendary skins.  There is no reason the PvP and WvW sets can’t have a set of skins that can ONLY be gained by crafting the legendary version.  Making those skins the same as the ascended version is just lazy and a cop out, and leaves players with zero real options to get unique legendary armor outside of raids.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You are not entitled to anything. Legendary armor has been a rumor/thing for months now. If you grinded a second set of legendary anyway that's your problem. If you grinded a legendary set long before, well sorry it sucks, but 99.9% of the population is looking forward to it. Go cry my a river. This is why we don't get nice things. Everyone move along now.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, Fenom.9457 said:

I want unique skins too. Way more than I would want any kind of compensation. Even if they dont make it now but just mention(commit) that they will upgrade the Legendary WvW/PvP Armor skins at a later date(way after EoD launches), that would be more than enough to make most of us in this situation happy. 

The fact that you have 0 incentive(see 0 reason) to ever make a Legendary WvW/PvP Armor if you own the Raid one is not good at all for the game. If you have Bifrost you still have reason to make Nevermore, the reason being the Legendary skin.

Legendary skins are an important part of this game, so much that they are introducing Gen3 Legendary Weapons with EoD as one of their main selling points. Please ArenaNet, think this over. 

Edited by Turtle Dragon.9241
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Turtle Dragon.9241 said:

I want unique skins too. Way more than I would want any kind of compensation. Even if they dont make it now but just mention(commit) that they will upgrade the Legendary WvW/PvP Armor skins at a later date(way after EoD launches), that would be more than enough to make most of us in this situation happy. 

The fact that you have 0 incentive(see 0 reason) to ever make a Legendary WvW/PvP Armor if you own the Raid one is not good at all for the game. Legendary skins are an important part of this game, so much that they are introducing Gen3 Legendary Weapons with EoD as one of their main selling points. Please ArenaNet, think this over. 

exactly. And as it is now, I don’t feel motivated to craft ANY of the sets.  The only one with unique skins is locked behind the most niche, toxic and difficult aspect of the game.  For those of us who actually want legendaries for what they were ORIGINALLY meant to be (prestige items that are long term end game goals), there is NO armor set unless you’re a raider 

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Fenom.9457 said:

exactly. And as it is now, I don’t feel motivated to craft ANY of the sets.  The only one with unique skins is locked behind the most niche, toxic and difficult aspect of the game.  For those of us who actually want legendaries for what they were ORIGINALLY meant to be (prestige items that are long term end game goals), there is NO armor set unless you’re a raider 

And how exactly did LA change that? "What legendares were originally meant to be", so the ones with unique skins from the content you refuse to play? What exactly changed, that now it's somehow different than it was?

I don't have anything against unique skins, because why would I, but it seems that with LA there's still even more reasons to craft ANY legendary tier set, regardless of the skin? What is this weird claim that there is no armor set unless you're a raider? You still get a great convenience/utility out of ANY set, skin or not.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And how exactly did LA change that? "What legendares were originally meant to be", so the ones with unique skins from the content you refuse to play? What exactly changed, that now it's somehow different than it was?

I don't have anything against unique skins, because why would I, but it seems that with LA there's still even more reasons to craft ANY legendary tier set, regardless of the skin? What is this weird claim that there is no armor set unless you're a raider? You still get a great convenience/utility out of ANY set, skin or not.

Sorry, I wasn’t trying to say LA was changing that.  It gives more reason to make armor, but still doesn’t address the main issue with armor specifically.  What I’m saying is when the game launched and what anet originally meant for legendaries to be was a long term goal that was mostly if not entirely a cosmetic gain.  No vertical profession.  So making a legendary purely for quality of life shows how much the game has changed from its original values.  That doesn’t have to be bad, but legendaries should still retain their original purpose at the very least.  And with armor the only set that has skins unique to the legendary tier is the raid set, so unless you’re one of that 5%-ish of people who’ve somehow penetrated the toxicity, you have zero legendary armor options IF you value legendaries the way anet actually intended - as a cosmetic first and foremost. So yeah I’m not saying the only armor is raids if you only want convenience and function, but that wasn’t even the original reason legendaries existed.  

On 7/10/2021 at 11:48 PM, Astralporing.1957 said:

Having attempted both paths (even though fortunately for me i ultimately did not decide to craft the WvW sets, so i'm not kittened over by the current situation) i can honestly tell you, that the raid path requires far less effort.

Except the second and third pve set are far far harder to get than the first one. And you forgot fractal 450 mats. 

WvW / pvp is ez mode. 

Edited by The Fear.3865

23 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

The WvW Legendary Armor skin does not go into the armory, to be used with no Transmutation Charge cost?

I realize the skin is in the Wardrobe, but those skins cost Transmutation Charges, no? 

It's not the skin that costs no charges. It's the legendary armor that can be reskinned to whatever you want at no charges.

37 minutes ago, The Fear.3865 said:

Except the second and third pve set are far far harder to get than the first one. And you forgot fractal 450 mats. 

WvW / pvp is ez mode. 

Double the number of LIs, yes. So? After you've obtained your first 150 LI, the rest is actually much, much easier. It's the first ones that are a problem, but once you get into the farm mode, it's just more of the same, but easier, since you're already used to it. The last 600 LIs are way easier than the first 150...

• Confused 1

You're literally getting infinite copies of the armors you already have. You are getting just as much as anyone else who have the armors. This is like complaining about a post scarcity society because your infinite resources are not bigger than someone elses infinite resources.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Farming raids and Fractals is not easy, afk on wvw and pvp is, and I'm not even talkin of timegate, if you go for pve/pvp/wvw leg armor, you are not timegated between your sets, it takes the same amount of time to craft 1, 2 or 3 light armors that way. 

Way harder to double pve armor, double wvw armor and double pvp armor (for the 0.008% genius who did that lol). 

So yeah, no compensation for them could make sense, or not.

Speaking of compensation, makes me think about last year free mount... They should just stop 😂

6 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I thought that is what I said. 

From what i understood your post, you said something opposite: you seemed to think that it's the legendary skin that costs no charges, and, as such, there's gain in getting WvW legendary armor in order to get a transmutation-free skin.

So, no, the "legendary armor skin" does not go into armory. Armory holds no skins whatsoever. It holds only gear that can then be skinned at no charge by any skin from your wardrobe.

As such, there's absolutely no functional difference between someone with Envoy armor and legendary WvW set and someone with envoy armor and ascended WvW set. Both have access to the exact same functionality and skins. Both can, for example, use the WvW skin with their PvE legendary armor at no transmutation cost.

And if that's the case, why would you ever think crafting a WvW legendary (instead of just unlocking the skin at ascended tier) be a good idea if you already have a PvE set?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1