I feel screwed over by the Legendary Armory [Merged]

Fair is fair.

I don't understand people getting annoyed with these reasonable complaints / feedback about the system. More so its crazy that people will defend it because its not effecting them (or they revel in people being mistreated due to some deep underlying internal issue)

Customers should be treated with common decency and respect. Its not unusual to look after your customers by understanding their views, how they think and feel about your business practice and provide an appropriate level of compensation when issues arise.

People are highly unlikely to have crafted a set of "non-mistforged" (or any of the other examples of duplicate legendary sets that are not fully unique) for minor skin differences.

Any compensation given to such a small percent of players in this unfortunate situation wont impact the economy or effect the other 99%.

I hope Anet handle this in a fair and sensible manor. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

On 7/12/2021 at 6:36 PM, Astralporing.1957 said:

No, that's the criteria they use for compensation, but not the reason for it.

Yes, of course it's the criteria, that's how I read "What is ArenaNet compensating for?". I didn't take it to mean "Why is Arenanet compensating?"

I feel we were screwed over. I have 23 characters on 2 different accounts and each character was created and outfitted as I chose so I can use the right character for whatever part of the game I'm playing. I have absolutely no need for, and see no need to ever buy any build templates, but it didn't make the game worse for mebecause it's an optional purchase. The last thing I find helpful is the Legendary Armory. It does one thing for me. It blocks off a slot of my visible hero equipment inventory for each legendary I make. I find this change right up there with the gift of battle fiasco.

Where is the opt out button? We have them for lots of things that were added and didn't work out.

I've enjoyed this game since day 1 and certainly bought my share of gems to help perpetuate the game, but seriously, this might help a few players who basically live on the game, but for most it's just more lost inventory slots, at a time when loot is a box inside a bag inside a pouch and every slot is precious if your doing multiple events. This needs to be optional! Make it a free gem shop item.

That way we dont all lose.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

After using the armory a few days all I have to say is while nice, it would be a positive thing for WvW legendary armor to get an upgraded "new" but visually similar skin , PvP armor likely needs more work to revise the skin as it is more or less fully dyeable. Maybe PvP can get an aura effect per piece similar to Ice reaver gemstore armor.

Right now all extra armor does is waste extra slots in the equipment panel where legendary armory is shown. It must be even worse for those who have PvE+PvP+WvW all of the same weight or both Mistforged and non mistforged.

Compensation is probably not the right solution as I stated earlier, because it means nobody will make the legendary version in the future if they have PvE sets. With how it works now, there would also need to be removal of one set from armory and in the past they stated any work involving items has to be checked thoroughly. If a new skin is implemented it could check for legendary WvW/PvP item IDs present on the account in the armory and mistforged unlocked (same as vendor does now for rank and mistforged weapons).

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The practices for compensating people with multiple legendaries are poorly conceived and disappointing.

I get that 2 different legendary backpacks have 2 different skins, and maybe a handful of players actually care a lot about some of the differences in legendary skins; maybe they feel that multiple legendary skins are extremely valuable. However, I got a second backpack (Warbringer) for functionality, definitely not the quality of the skin. Now it's just redundant. Sure, I still have a second legendary skin. But, that's an EXPENSIVE skin, and unlike when I consented to make a backpack based on its functionality I didn't consent to investing all those resources for a skin alone. 

I've heard of people getting compensated for having made a second Conflux,  and I'd be fine with that kind of response to having 2 legendary backpacks. That said, I'd also be equally fine to just get the mats I originally invested in Warbringer back and to lose access to the skin. 

Please consider changing compensation practices to include compensating people with multiple legendary backpacks. Alternatively, please consider giving people the ability to barter back a legendary backpack, losing access to the skin and getting a refund of the mats that went into making it.

• Like 3

Its nice of anet that they offer some other skins, runes or even legendary sigills. But what bothers me the most (if you got all sigills, runes and weight classes) is the fact that they locked the mistforged skins behind some specific armor. Why cant i get those for my double pve ones. Thats just a massive downgrade, you can get the basic skins without any effort.

• Like 1

I got directed here after creating my own thread about this issue - I have envoys herald (so all 3 weights of PvE sets) and 1x Heavy WvW set and got no compensation, hence I now have more heavy armor than I can equip.

I discussed this with support and they said  "Users with sets from two different game modes have extra skins unlocked on their account that users who only crafted multiple sets from a single game mode are missing out on, so users with both already have the benefit of having more skins unlocked!", I politely disagreed and they recommended I create a forum thread.

I also created a Reddit thread and most of the replies were shooting people who have worked hard down in flames for being rich.

• Like 2

On 7/17/2021 at 8:06 PM, Aemeteriis.3874 said:

You're crying because you're entitled not because you have a valid point. Person 1 is being compensated because they are effectively having items deleted, person 2 is getting compensated because they are effectively having items deleted, Player 3 is crying because they dont have an extra skin.

So, basically, all 3 players are in the same situation, but 2 of them are compensated, and the last one is told to stop crying, because (no sensible) reasons.

Yeah, seems like a very clear case of different standarts.

1 hour ago, Oliber.5142 said:

I got directed here after creating my own thread about this issue - I have envoys herald (so all 3 weights of PvE sets) and 1x Heavy WvW set and got no compensation, hence I now have more heavy armor than I can equip.

I discussed this with support and they said  "Users with sets from two different game modes have extra skins unlocked on their account that users who only crafted multiple sets from a single game mode are missing out on, so users with both already have the benefit of having more skins unlocked!", I politely disagreed and they recommended I create a forum thread.

I also created a Reddit thread and most of the replies were shooting people who have worked hard down in flames for being rich.

Well, that seems to suggest the problem lies in Anet not understanding how their own game works.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

So, basically, all 3 players are in the same situation, but 2 of them are compensated, and the last one is told to stop crying, because (no sensible) reasons.

Yeah, seems like a very clear case of different standarts.

Well, that seems to suggest the problem lies in Anet not understanding how their own game works.

no, no they aren't.

• Confused 1

No one should get compensated for anything. That was a wrong move on Anet's part, Just take back all the so called compensation.

It was player's choice to make those Legendary Armoury, No on asked you to make multiple sets, to flaunt around in, Legendary Armoury is just there for our convenience, Anet doesn't even need to  give us Legendary Armoury but they did and all you do is cry about it.

How are you going to give back all the time you get to flaunt your Legendary Armoury  around in the game, or because of your Legendary Armour, you can get into raid, HUH?  HOW? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

No one should get compensated for anything. That was a wrong move on Anet's part, Just take back all the so called compensation.

It was player's choice to make those Legendary Armoury, No on asked you to make multiple sets, to flaunt around in, Legendary Armoury is just there for our convenience, Anet doesn't even need to  give us Legendary Armoury but they did and all you do is cry about it.

How are you going to give back all the time you get to flaunt your Legendary Armoury  around in the game, or because of your Legendary Armour, you can get into raid, HUH?  HOW? 

There sure are a lot of mean spirited people out there.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/19/2021 at 12:32 AM, Oliber.5142 said:

Of course, why would we all craft legendary WvW or PvP armor if not for the very basic skins it shares with its ascended precursors that are easily available and require no crafting whatsoever? Have they even played the game at all? Honestly, this is heartbreaking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/19/2021 at 3:38 AM, SweetPotato.7456 said:

How unpleasant.

And BTW, most of the problems people have here are with WvW/PvP armor which, as has been said many many times has no skin at all, so I'm not quite sure how it gets "flaunted"!! 

• Like 3

Just to clarify, people who had 2 sets of Legendary armor (1 PvE and 1 WvW/PvP) did not LOSE a set of Legendary armor, they GAINED n-2 free sets of Legendary armor (where n=number of characters using that armor class).

Anything spent on a set of Legendary Armor became a "Sunk Cost" the moment you obtained the armor, and sunk costs are always ignored.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

To be fair to the players that made different sets of the same weight, I think the contents of the Legendary Trunk needed to be more rigid. They probably should have been restricted to the weight tier that the users had duplicates of. I think players that got to change their duplicate Legendary sets for a set of a weight they didn't own before are extremely lucky.

The Trunk probably shouldn't have had Runes and Sigils in them unless all the available skins were unlocked on the account.

• Sad 1

In the past people made legendary stuff just for the skins.
These days the ability to swap stats freely is far more of an incentive to obtain legendary gear.

Even if the WvW armour has the same skin as it's ascended variant.. the ascended variant does not have the ability to freely swap it's stats on the fly.

The Armoury if anything add's far more appeal to legendary stuff.
Personally I find most of the legendary gear to be ugly.. sometimes a straight up eyesore, looking at you Sunrise/Twilight/Eternity!!
But now I can make em, use them on any character at any time to take advantage of the stat swapping and best of all.. never have to look at their default skins ^^

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/19/2021 at 4:38 AM, SweetPotato.7456 said:

No one should get compensated for anything. That was a wrong move on Anet's part

Ohhh, of course. If the compensation system had worked properly and no one had complained, would you still take the same stance?

Just take back all the so called compensation.

It was player's choice to make those Legendary Armoury

And what about the players who did not have multiple sets but an excess of upgrades due to how the Armory worked before? I don't know whether your angry response is what you really think, or whether you're just venting your anger. Or is it envy?

Errr... what? There are players who don't like the Legendary Armor skins and reskin everything. Players like me.

Also, you can compensate people for their time. It's the concept of how salaries work.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/12/2021 at 1:16 PM, Ayrilana.1396 said:

All Legendaries share the same functionality.  The OP’s issue is that the sPvP/WvW skins use ascended precursor skins. 

I think so yes. I personally have the same issue. It seems pretty clearly "unbalanced" I guess. That is, it seems inconsistent that while the Mistforged skins can be purchased without even buying or making ascended let alone actually upgrading ascended to legendary armor Vs. with perfected envoy skin unlocks you have to craft a precursor then upgrade it to legendary which takes way more time and costs way more obviously. So for example, if you do a med. set of perfected envoy as you med legendary armor set, then decide you also want all the skins for PvP and WvW legendary armor all you have to do is save up some skermish tickets and ascended shards and buy the skins. You dont even need ant ascended materials or marks to get the Mistforged skin sets. However, Perfected Envoy skins have no such path to obtain they ONLY come from making legendary armor with the full cost of crafting and the time to obtain the Li. Instead it would seem reasonable to have the perfected skins available from magnatite perhaps or if not that then I guess the WvW and PvP armor sets are due a 3rd exclusive skin set only available after its upgraded to Legendary.

Simp[le as that. The present legendary skin procurement paths are hella broken.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

I think so yes. I personally have the same issue. It seems pretty clearly "unbalanced" I guess. That is, it seems inconsistent that while the Mistforged skins can be purchased without even buying or making ascended let alone actually upgrading ascended to legendary armor Vs. with perfected envoy skin unlocks you have to craft a precursor then upgrade it to legendary which takes way more time and costs way more obviously. So for example, if you do a med. set of perfected envoy as you med legendary armor set, then decide you also want all the skins for PvP and WvW legendary armor all you have to do is save up some skermish tickets and ascended shards and buy the skins. You dont even need ant ascended materials or marks to get the Mistforged skin sets. However, Perfected Envoy skins have no such path to obtain they ONLY come from making legendary armor with the full cost of crafting and the time to obtain the Li. Instead it would seem reasonable to have the perfected skins available from magnatite perhaps or if not that then I guess the WvW and PvP armor sets are due a 3rd exclusive skin set only available after its upgraded to Legendary.

It would make sense to have envoy skins available for LI without the other materials for the skin only if the addition of a skin for WvW/PVP isn't possible. However, I don't think magnetite shards will be used for purchase because there's so many other uses for them already and it doesn't require boss kills. If magnetite is deemed a suitable currency then it better be the Envoy II collection is used as a prerequisite.

If anything LI should be convertible to magnetite.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

You have to look back and see that the original plan was for the only legendary armor in the game being through raids. It was only later that they added legendary armor through sPvP and WvW to appease those players but without a unique skin due to how resource intensive it was to create it. That was the compromise. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

It would make sense to have envoy skins available for LI without the other materials for the skin only if the addition of a skin for WvW/PVP isn't possible. However, I don't think magnetite shards will be used for purchase because there's so many other uses for them already and it doesn't require boss kills. If magnetite is deemed a suitable currency then it better be the Envoy II collection is used as a prerequisite.

If anything LI should be convertible to magnetite.

Good point. Agreed or some of each even.

37 minutes ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

You have to look back and see that the original plan was for the only legendary armor in the game being through raids. It was only later that they added legendary armor through sPvP and WvW to appease those players but without a unique skin due to how resource intensive it was to create it. That was the compromise. 

Yea that's my guess too as to why, however, that doesn't so much justify the extra path to getting the Mistforged skins without buying any Armor. I would guess you could argue that some pvp players dont need the upgraded armor but just the skins, however for wvw that has never been the case. So simply put, looking at the issue historically does help contextualize it but it doesn't mean its balanced or fair. It just explains why it ended up being unbalanced, at best.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 2:20 AM, Turtle Dragon.9241 said:

Gonna put this on the first post as it is explained better.

Situation:

Player1 has 1 Legendary PvE Armor set, 1 Ascended WvW T3 Armor set

Player2 has 1 Legendary PvE Armor set, 1 Legendary WvW T3 Armor set

Legendary Armory arrives.

Player1 wears their Legendary PvE Armor and transmutes(free) their Ascended WvW T3 Armor skin on it.
Player2 wears their Legendary PvE Armor and transmutes(free) their Legendary WvW T3 Armor skin on it.

Both end up with Legendary Armor with Ascended WvW T3 Armor skin, since Ascended and Legendary WvW T3 Armor is the EXACT SAME SKIN. But Player2 has PAID WAY MORE for the SAME RESULTS since Player2 has spent Materials/Clovers/WvWTickets etc into making their Ascended WvW T3 Armor into Legendary. 

Now we introduce 

Player3 has 2 Legendary PvE Armor set. 

Player3 will end up getting compensation(as per ArenaNet's blogpost because they are part of the 0.008%), while Player2 will not. 

So to sum it up,

Player1 paid for 1 Legendary PvE Armor set,

Player3 paid for 2 Legendary PvE Armor sets but will be compensated for 1 of them,

Player2 paid for 2 Legendary(PvE and WvW) Armor sets but will not be compensated and ALSO does not even get a unique skin.

So pretty much what this is saying here is:

If you made both PvE and WvW Legendary Armors, you are screwed.

If you made both PvE, WvW and PvP Legendary Armors, you are doubly screwed.

In the future, even after the Armory arrives, if you make Legendary WvW/PvP Armors then someday later you decide to make the Legendary PvE Armor, your first Legendary WvW/PvP Armor will get completely invalidated since you retain the same Legendary Armor functionality(be it PvE or WvW/PvP Armor), but you will not even have a skin from the 1st Legendary WvW/PvP Armor set to show for it. This is different for Backpacks and Weapons, because those still provide a unique skin(example Warbringer skin & Ad Infinitum skin).

What is compensation?

Definition: something, typically money, awarded to someone as a recompense for loss, injury, or suffering.

What is ArenaNet compensating for? 

The fact that you have more items than you can wear.

However, they will not compensate you if you have Legendaries with different Legendary skins, because you are still getting the benefit of the unique skin(which is the reason why a LOT of people make Legendaries in the first place, the other reason being Legendary functionality convenience). 

But here we are, with more items than we can wear, and no other Legendary skin, yet no compensation. 

TLDR

Be careful when making the decision whether to Legendarize the WvW/PvP Armor in the future, because if you somehow decide to go for the PvE one too at some point, you wasted a whole Legendary Armor's worth of mats and will not even have a unique Legendary WvW/PvP Armor skin to outweigh the cost. 

EDIT: Compensations are out, and those who had 2 of the same Legendary Raid Light Armor got to choose another Legendary(not a Legendary skin) WvW/PvP Armor. Oh the irony. I guess we do end up in the same place in the end... 🤣

The whole issue is more like people were happy that we got those half-assed legendary armours, instead of demanding actual legendary skins.

The armoury is exposing a lot of the weaknesses on stuff like that, from how the templates and the armoury are awful for weapon swapping, to just how ill advised the pvp and wvw armors were.

Edited by ReaverKane.7598
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1