Compensation for account who own more account-bound copies of a unique legendary item than their Legendary Armory can hold.

Dont you need like 6 legendary runes at most after the legendary armory drop?

Altough you will lose materials spent on exceeding 7 runes, I doubt Anet sends out a compensation to it.

A lot of people are potentially losing materials, even if its small values like the slumbering trinkets to the effect ones but Id pretty much class it as collateral damage for an overall greater benefit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vindicate.6951 said:

Dont you need like 6 legendary runes at most after the legendary armory drop?

6 armor pieces plus a water breather. So 7.

But yeah i doubt they'll return a lot of materials.

You'll maybe get a gemstore skin of your choosing  or something like that...

3 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

6 armor pieces plus a water breather. So 7.

But yeah i doubt they'll return a lot of materials.

You'll maybe get a gemstore skin of your choosing  or something like that...

This is not what I call a great compensation ! I need nothing from the gemstore, nor does I collect skins !  :S
I want my Clover's back !! At least !  🙂

The only thing you can realistically do is screen all your runes and once the legendary armory drops write a ticket to the support and ask for some sort of a compensation of any kind.

I doubt many people are in your case and maybe they will do something about it, but as far as I recall they havent mentioned anything compensation related with runes/sigils.

@Veprovina.4876 Right forgot about the breather, so 7 it is 😄

5 minutes ago, TheArtOfMouts.7468 said:

This is not what I call a great compensation ! I need nothing from the gemstore, nor does I collect skins !  :S
I want my Clover's back !! At least !  🙂

Well, hopefully you get them. As of right now, it's anyones guess what Anet will do.

They did say they will contact each person directly no? Maybe each one will get what they can negotiate with Anet haha. 🤪

As I understand it, the LA only "absorbs" legendaries when you log in a character. So put any runes you don't want affected on a character you won't be logging in until such time as you know what will happen.

Although at that point I don't see how it matters. You won't need more that the 7 you have in the armory, the extras serve no purpose, so anything Anet offers is a bonus. You've already had the benefit of the 18 runes for however long you've been using them.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

As I understand it, the LA only "absorbs" legendaries when you log in a character. So put any runes you don't want affected on a character you won't be logging in until such time as you know what will happen.

Although at that point I don't see how it matters. You won't need more that the 7 you have in the armory, the extras serve no purpose, so anything Anet offers is a bonus. You've already had the benefit of the 18 runes for however long you've been using them.

A 2 months benefit, that not really a bonus, comparing to all months of farming mats & golds !

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, TheArtOfMouts.7468 said:

A 2 months benefit, that not really a bonus, comparing to all months of farming mats & golds !

just 2 months? u do know they are going to release legendary armory and lot of content creators also released videos about it.. like wooden potatoes and few others... and yet u crafted more runes than necessary? one guy crafted 2 legy armor set of same weight even after legendary armory announcement and here u are with runes...  I guess they wont compensate completely maybe half of what u spent? maybe...  and idk if ppl are intentionally doing it or idk... 😵

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

just 2 months? u do know they are going to release legendary armory and lot of content creators also released videos about it.. like wooden potatoes and few others... and yet u crafted more runes than necessary? one guy crafted 2 legy armor set of same weight even after legendary armory announcement and here u are with runes...  I guess they wont compensate completely maybe half of what u spent? maybe...  and idk if ppl are intentionally doing it or idk... 😵

I don't know what you are defending !
Details on the Legendary Armor showed  July 06.
And specified max Legendary Runes last Friday, July 09.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, TheArtOfMouts.7468 said:

I don't know what you are defending !
Details on the Legendary Armor showed  July 06.
And specified max Legendary Runes last Friday, July 09.

What did you think the Legendary Armory was going to be for when they first announced it a year ago?  Just curious. 

How about when they stated in the News Blog 2 and half months ago:

The Legendary Armory is a new and improved way to manage your legendary gear and upgrades. Once a legendary item is added to the armory, it will be available to every level 80 character on your account. No more visiting the bank to share one weapon between multiple characters!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-live-summer-2021/

• Like 2

No one except Anet knows what those players will be offered yet because it hasn't happened.

But I assume the reason they're going to contact each person directly is so everyone can choose the option that's best for them, rather than Anet having to choose one solution for everyone which some people may be unhappy with. (Which they're able to do because it's such a small proportion of players, so even if they have to go back and forth discussing it and then apply the fix manually it won't take forever to get through them all.)

All we know at the moment is that they will contact you. I assume that will be by email (because it seems like the most sensible way to do it) and the first email will include some example options, but if I was one of those players I'd negotiate a bit before settling on a solution and like any negotiation start with slightly more than I expect to get. Something optimistic but reasonable because if you ask for something like End of Dragons for free or a lifetime supply of gems I think they'll shut you down instantly and be less inclined to be generous with other options. (I'm not saying you'd do this, but we always get people on the forums saying things like "this update cost me 100g, Anet should send all players 4,000 gems compensation!")

For example if the concern for me was the time and materials I'd put into it I'd start by asking for all the materials and currencies back and specify I want the baseline versions (for example spirit shards, skirmish tickets and badges, not the items purchased with them). If they agree to that great, if not I'd focus on the materials and currencies I particularly want and agree to accept the loss on some of the others.

But maybe someone else bought their legendaries with gems and specifically want the gems they paid back rather than a bunch of materials they'll have to sell and then convert the gold and just hope the exchange rates work out in their favour.

And maybe some people want to ask if it's possible to swap one legendary for another or don't care about the cost at all and want to ask for some of the other skins they might have spent their time collecting.

• Like 1

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-legendary-armory-arrives-july-13/

We’ve identified a small number of players (approximately 0.008%) who own more account-bound copies of a unique legendary item than their Legendary Armory can hold. We’ll reach out to those players in the days following the release with information about how to resolve the issue.

Does that help your answer?