easy way to make warrior viable in pvp

Add a reliable way to get resistance, preferably on a core trait-line. Possibly on peak performance, using a physical skill gives 1-2 seconds of resistance. This will alleviate our hard counter (thief). Seriously there's nothing that brings me closer to afk'ing in a game than a thief who knows how to blind spam.

Take away some unblockables from DH, personally trapper doesn't bother me so I'm probably an outlier, but them having 3-4 unblockables basically means one of my biggest defensive cd's doesn't matter (shield stance, aka shield 5), I'm also 99% sure it counters my full counter as well since I'm pretty sure unblockables don't proc it.

Edited by Sailorz.5426
  • Like 2
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warrior IS viable, it's these 2 counters MAINLY thief and DH that make my life a living kitten anytime I see them in a match. I'm not even talking about ranger in general because that class is just a

how about... war deals double damage to necros?

I wish. Give warrior back + 50% dmg to barrier and this meta would be clean.   guve us back in pre feb patch

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Warrior counters necro pretty hard. However, if there is a scourge on your side node generally you leave it alone like every other class.

EDIT: I learned a pretty good tip regarding side node since its semi-related to this post, basically rule of thumb is 20seconds to contest the node then leave. I know it's helped me.

Edited by Sailorz.5426
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

I’m sorry but warrior is viable. The singular problem is necro and necro only.

this is coming from someone that knows necro is op btw

Core gets melted because of the lack of cc breaks and stability, unless they are able to take advantage of a ledge, like on coliseum home points it's a pretty hard 1v1 for them, bleed is just too easy of a damage condi to ignore till higher stacks, easily tanked to around 9 before needing to be cleansed where as burn/torment/confusion all need to be cleansed around 5 max, if it's a burn guard probably even sooner. Fear gets cleansed by weapon swap a lot of the time unless they have a good condi bomb going with no "Shake It Off!" available.

Reaper similarly gets melted but the added flavor of having to rip stability which is really easy on spellbreaker, as well as their damage getting pretty much nulled with shield 5. I guess the lich makes it a bit of an easy meme, but to be honest spellbreaker has some really good tools for it.

Scourge however is really tanky and basically takes away your ability to side node unless you get a plus which in ranked is a toss-up, in AT though it's less hard to coordinate.

This is all compared to a d/p thief literally spamming blind making them tankier than you in a 1v1 without even dodging for most of the 1v1. EDIT: Also I need to note the blind on d/p 3 being unblockable so even when you are safe from MOST their damage in block (but of course if they know they should save steal then even that's not safe) YOU WILL STILL BE BLINDED on your first attack out of block.

Sorry but 2nd edit I needed to add this: All this turns thief from a +1 class that can't 1v1 to a 1v1 class that easily can kill a spellbreaker-sidenode.  The idea of trying to get a d/p thief in a Bull's Charge right now is making me sperg out.

Edited by Sailorz.5426

Warrior IS viable, it's these 2 counters MAINLY thief and DH that make my life a living kitten anytime I see them in a match. I'm not even talking about ranger in general because that class is just a better warrior at this point, you can legit pick out individual abilities that mirror warrior but are just 'better', I'll name 3 from power sb which is 1 of the 3 builds that easily out preform warrior.  

Smoke Assault from Smokescale soulbeeast 'beastmode' this is basically hundred blades with auto tracking and evade (BULLS CHARGE ANYONE???) with just a bit less damage IF you don't factor in sic em I could also add the free knockdown from the first cast of the pet being out in combat.

Worldly Impact again from smokescale to add insult to injury this is just arc slice they even get their own mini bull charge with takedown but I'll give that one for free. I just added this up, this is basically a better version of the entire 'big combo' from warrior's bull charge >**FRENZY UTILITY** FULL hundred blades> arc slice. I know they got stances but OUCH legit both of the classes that got warrior utility flavor from warriors are BOTH better than warrior.

Counterattack Kick (gs 4 block) - This one is the most obvious, it literally just a better version of shield block and there is NO arguing that.

Also LB as well being able to start a 1v1 ten miles off point is kinda big you think?

note how I am not saying counter even though they do but both classes would need an overhaul for this to not be the case, ranger would need a gutting or warrior would need a legit 'overhaul' buffing and adding multiple facets to abilities unlike how linear they are now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
1 hour ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

I’m sorry but warrior is viable. The singular problem is necro and necro only.

this is coming from someone that knows necro is op btw

And guard

But for real, to be viable with warrior just play better lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
Posted (edited)

Yeah because the numerous very SPECIFIC  reasons/solutions hold no weight.  Do you main thief by chance? xd

'But for real' though,  name any other class that has as hard counters as warrior does. 

I'll tell you why you can't name any of them, 1. you probably don't pvp enough 2. you probably don't pvp at all.

The reason why they have such HARD counters, and it's not about how many there are its the fact they HAVE hard counters and barely any soft counters, their abilities are too linear. There that's probably more than you'll give me so I don't feel so bad for the bolded letters.

I'll go into detail what a soft counter is since you are probably baffled.

SCOURGE is a good example to me, it is funny to me, that people think necros farm warriors when reaper/core is a TEAMFIGHTER at heart and warrior is a noder.

Scourge can be barely in that time limit of 20 seconds to get a kill or worse much longer, but guess what its soft for a reason. GET THIS: Scourge is one of the SLOWEST rotaters in the game, they have to waste one of their best cc/mobility, 1 of the usual 2 mind you, to get back to a teamfight before its almost half over in either direction, I get back there in easy 1/5th of the time, and guess what I do I rotate to the teamfight or just another node in general, and when the scourge finally feels like he's wasted enough time and start waddling back to a teamfight, GET THIS, I go and decap and maybe fully cap if I get the time/ the opportunity to go back.

GASP BELIEVE IT OR NOT, I can rehearse and actual strat you may need to play warrior well, I wonder if you will flex on me with an even better warrior play or ANY class at all? But, I prefer you don't so this thread doesn't get anymore wasted space as I've seen some of your other 'golden' ONE-THOUSAND posts.

Edited by Sailorz.5426
  • Confused 1
58 minutes ago, Sailorz.5426 said:

GASP BELIEVE IT OR NOT, I can rehearse and actual strat you may need to play warrior well, I wonder if you will flex on me with an even better warrior play or ANY class at all? But, I prefer you don't so this thread doesn't get anymore wasted space.

Duel Me after work, I even play core warrior as a not warrior main

3 hours ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

I wish. Give warrior back + 50% dmg to barrier and this meta would be clean.

guve us back in pre feb patch

There's a lot of things that got changed while Scourge is mainly untouched. It's not just damage, features and abilities have changed where as Necromancer has been mostly the same.

If Barrier was a progressive application on Scourge, it would be much of a different story and there would be less afk'ing.

11 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

That actually existed in Gw1 😄 there was a armor form necro that would give them extra damage from holy skills due the necro armor bonus.

this was the necro insignia : https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Tormentor's_Insignia

This is actually what FB  burn needs to be 😄

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Holy_damage

Edited by Aeolus.3615
Posted (edited)

Why would I duel him, when I can basically spell out how to play conquest in a forum POST and not an entire youtube video as a warrior. down the what specs warriors should be able to 1v1 of an individual class with basically **HOW AND WHY** and which require a different approach in the game mode of conquest as a whole. 

And I ask him to do so the same, yet he says '1v1 me nub' like I owe him anything.

Edited by Sailorz.5426
  • Confused 2
14 hours ago, Sailorz.5426 said:

Add a reliable way to get resistance, preferably on a core trait-line. Possibly on peak performance, using a physical skill gives 1-2 seconds of resistance. This will alleviate our hard counter (thief). Seriously there's nothing that brings me closer to afk'ing in a game than a thief who knows how to blind spam.

Take away some unblockables from DH, personally trapper doesn't bother me so I'm probably an outlier, but them having 3-4 unblockables basically means one of my biggest defensive cd's doesn't matter (shield stance, aka shield 5), I'm also 99% sure it counters my full counter as well since I'm pretty sure unblockables don't proc it.

I don't see the benefit in asking for more resistance  if anything warrio should have much more access to Retribution

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Sailorz.5426 said:

Full counter also counters guard blocks. And dh has 2 unblockables. 

On 7/13/2021 at 9:08 PM, Sailorz.5426 said:

Why would I duel him, when I can basically spell out how to play conquest in a forum POST and not an entire youtube video as a warrior. down the what specs warriors should be able to 1v1 of an individual class with basically **HOW AND WHY** and which require a different approach in the game mode of conquest as a whole. 

And I ask him to do so the same, yet he says '1v1 me nub' like I owe him anything.

Because warrior is viable, it's only not viable when the player isn't. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Some skills from warrior should ignore blind, imo. Blinds are extremely disproportionately strong vs any warrior spec, and SpB would be in the dumpster with the rest of the warrior specs if it didn't have FC. Play zerker and experience the absolute tragedy of blinds spammed on you for ridiculous durations that can mean a lost fight by causing you to miss a single skill. 

They could also cut some blind durations like Shadowshot. 5 seconds on an unblockable skill that has no CD is just ridiculous when Flashbang got its duration rightfully butchered. 

• Like 1
On 7/15/2021 at 7:45 PM, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Some skills from warrior should ignore blind, imo. Blinds are extremely disproportionately strong vs any warrior spec, and SpB would be in the dumpster with the rest of the warrior specs if it didn't have FC. Play zerker and experience the absolute tragedy of blinds spammed on you for ridiculous durations that can mean a lost fight by causing you to miss a single skill. 

They could also cut some blind durations like Shadowshot. 5 seconds on an unblockable skill that has no CD is just ridiculous when Flashbang got its duration rightfully butchered. 

Literally was fighting a thief the other day you ported around and only spammed shadowshot. Only. Maybe an occasional steal too. Funny how they can shut you down even with stability access (Balanced stance stab was getting stripped from steal and reapplication ofc doesn't stunbreak again). For the effort a warrior may have to put even as a spellbreaker against that much, I'd say it's kinda strong of a skill.

In any case, yes, a good burst can kill a thief, but good luck stun locking them with no roll for initiative and evade avaliable. And if you go full stun kit to get the thief, chances are you are at your most vulnerable. 

I've personally had more trouble against power thieves than this condi thief joke (defense Zerker reflects go brrrr) 

The issue with warrior in general is lack of condi clear skills along with entire traitlines and abilities having no purpose.

Also, they need a more reliable way of mobility outside of Disicpline and Lynx runes. There is no way to pin down an ele with its uncapped evasion or a guardian that aegis blocks and blinds. Thief also counters. Not to mention Mesmer/mirage… No class has as many counters as warrior yet all anet has done is nerf it to kitten.

Warrior is a 1 attack burst class that can’t Land anything without it being completely stunned or immobile.

Edited by noobfest.2180
  • Like 1
43 minutes ago, noobfest.2180 said:

The issue with warrior in general is lack of condi clear skills along with entire traitlines and abilities having no purpose.

If you want that then Cleansing Ire needs to proc on burst use and not on a burst hit.  More importantly all the skills that grant resistance need to also grant resolution in order to fulfill their original purposes.

Also, they need a more reliable way of mobility outside of Disicpline and Lynx runes. There is no way to pin down an ele with its uncapped evasion or a guardian that aegis blocks and blinds. Thief also counters. Not to mention Mesmer/mirage… No class has as many counters as warrior yet all anet has done is nerf it to kitten.

One suggestion I've made on the warrior forums is to merge Might Makes Right into Pinnacle of Strength and put a mobility based trait in its place. Something along the lines of gaining swiftness when using a movement skill along with swiftness having improved effectiveness (something like +20%).

Warrior is a 1 attack burst class that can’t Land anything without it being completely stunned or immobile.

Return damage to Hard CCs by making Body Blow deal strike damage instead of the single stack of bleed and that will be less of a problem. That and merging MMR into Pinnacle opens up more build diversity in that Merciless Hammer (if Body Blow gets changed) and Berserker's Power become more viable choices.