easy way to make warrior viable in pvp

Sailorz.5426

5 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Necro isn’t close to the weakest 1v1 , it’s actually fairly good rn

So is everything else which has increased in viability in terms of the 1v1 perspective only just because its gotten better does not make it among the best in comparison to things like engi, warrior, ranger, rev, mesmer, etc etc. Like i said its still one of the worst just because you can do it does not make it one of the best for doing it.  1v1 only mainly only proves self skill and mastery with a specific class and nothing more. If you lose to something else in 1v1 it mostly means that the player playing that class or setup is better than your current skill level in the case of fighting them 1v1 on that class only... nothing more nothing less.... Regardless of where it stands from your perspective that is no way to determine the viability of any class game wide which is why you are so far from the point I was trying to make. 

Edited by ZDragon.3046

War is viable in pvp just have to learn to play it correctly. Unless you have a dedicated support its a 1v1 class. Nearly all its skills will hit for 5k+ or it will have a good amount of cc and have a good amount of invulns with spellbraker.

Nothing should be able to tank 2 dps classes hitting one toon, like i see some spellbrakers ans core wars.

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Nothing should be able to tank 2 dps classes hitting one toon, like i see some spellbrakers ans core wars.

Prove any pvp viable warrior build can tank 2 dps specs. 

Nearly all its skills will hit for 5k+

Is this the same build that can tank 2 dps specs? 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Haha 2

Lets be real guys. Actually warrior vs Ranger is a 50% win Chance for both. BUT warrior got also 50% win Chance against the actually valkiry Ranger build (its a "meele" Ranger build) and that shouldnt be something. Warrior is the meele class so why the hell should a range class called Ranger be as good (or even better) as warrior in meele fight???? 

THIS is the Region why Ranger seems to be  "op". It could deal with warrior in range and meele fight, while the last thing should be warriors strength and not the one of ranger.

Edited by Pati.2438

On 7/24/2021 at 5:04 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Prove any pvp viable warrior build can tank 2 dps specs. 

Is this the same build that can tank 2 dps specs? 

Play the game. You oviously have not fought good enough or a good amount of people in this game yet.

Also why should any class beable to 2v1, thats a disadvantaged sitchuation and any class should lose that fight.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I see. 

I will treat your comment with the same dismissal you treated mine with. 

Im not dismissing you. You just ask for some thing rediculous on the spot.....let me ask u the same thing show me a video of war failing at what your talken about.

@Eddbopkins.2630 bruh what? The only skills that actually dealing 5k+ damage are :

Greatsword Burst (only if enemy is under 50% hp)

GS 5 (most buggy skill ingame and it just deal only 5k but most of the time by far lower damage)

GS 2 (stationary skill; if you let youself hit by it your simply Bad lel)

Axe Burst  (well only on full 3 Adrenalin Bars and even then you need to have 25 Stacks might to get more the 4-5k)

Axe 3 ( if enemy is under 25% life)

Axe 2 (if you on 25 Stacks might and you hit both Hits critical)

Sword 3 ( if enemy is under 50% life time, imagine it got a pretty high cast time so it is useless for over 80% of the time)

dagger offhand 4 (if enemy dont cast a skill)

So yea it got decent damage on WEAPON skills but most of them are normal under 5k (pretty low for a burst skill btw) and even they they are high Telegraphed.

11 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 bruh what? The only skills that actually dealing 5k+ damage are :

Greatsword Burst (only if enemy is under 50% hp)

GS 5 (most buggy skill ingame and it just deal only 5k but most of the time by far lower damage)

GS 2 (stationary skill; if you let youself hit by it your simply Bad lel)

Axe Burst  (well only on full 3 Adrenalin Bars and even then you need to have 25 Stacks might to get more the 4-5k)

Axe 3 ( if enemy is under 25% life)

Axe 2 (if you on 25 Stacks might and you hit both Hits critical)

Sword 3 ( if enemy is under 50% life time, imagine it got a pretty high cast time so it is useless for over 80% of the time)

dagger offhand 4 (if enemy dont cast a skill)

So yea it got decent damage on WEAPON skills but most of them are normal under 5k (pretty low for a burst skill btw) and even they they are high Telegraphed.

Axe 3throw hits close to if not 5k, axe 5 will exceed 5k ez axef1 will surly burst more then 5k, axe 4 each hit 2k+ can get close to 5k ez. Thats like more then 1/3 of them.

Gs ok lets go over that.

F1 easily do over 5k

Gs2 samething when complete

Gs3 Ww ez if it all hits and they do most times

Gs4 is usless for deeps got me there.

Gs5 dont matter if it clunky itll hit for 5k+ almost all the time

Theonly two maybe 3 weapons that wobt hit for yhat much arent dps weapons and arnt mainly used anyway. So i dont underatand what you are getting at.

Theres dps weapons and then there are utility weapons. Dagger ia a utility weapons. It has 2x leaps and soft cc with boon removal. I dont think that weapon will ever do big deeps so dont bring it into a dps convo same thing with sword main. The damage on the sword is so out of place and slow for it. But this is all my opinion.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
Spelling

Well axe 4 and axe 5 are pve stuff so letz ignore them

Gs3 was doing 5 k before febr Patch now? Never ever!

Gs f1 as said only with 25 Stacks might end enemy under 50% life.

Axe f1 omegalul no it only go over 5k while used with 3 Adrenalin bars (even then you need some might Stacks for sure)or in zerker mode.

Gs5 as you said is clunky but if it hit it goes for about 3- 5k

11 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Play the game. You oviously have not fought good enough or a good amount of people in this game yet.

Sorry but the viability of something is also dependent upon a large majority of people playing it a a wide range of skill levels across different modes casual competitive and ranked competitive. 

Something that is not as viable will not be used by the majority either because its not good enough or its too difficult to be good with in the meta OR  it just to difficult to be good with mechanically for their comfort/ skill level.

If every class's viability was based on finding "good enough" of a player to prove its viable then its not really viable. A "good enough" player can take something that is 1000000% unviable and make it work in the meta which is a testament to their mastery of game knowledge and personal skill not the class's viability. 

You could in theory find a good enough core staff ele player or players who destroy everyone they come across but that does not make it viable. I don't think its fair to assume that everyone thinks warrior is super super viable based on "a good enough player" using it. 

Warrior does have its own fair share of problems compared to alot of other classes and i wont say its unviable don't get me wrong i do think its viable atm with certain builds my point is that viability should not be determined by "well you just need to find/fight a good player" to see how viable it is.

Edited by ZDragon.3046

12 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

Lets be real guys. Actually warrior vs Ranger is a 50% win Chance for both. BUT warrior got also 50% win Chance against the actually valkiry Ranger build (its a "meele" Ranger build) and that shouldnt be something. Warrior is the meele class so why the hell should a range class called Ranger be as good (or even better) as warrior in meele fight???? 

THIS is the Region why Ranger seems to be  "op". It could deal with warrior in range and meele fight, while the last thing should be warriors strength and not the one of ranger.

What are you talking about? No class can currently trade blows with a warrior at melee range, they all kite till it's safe to get up close, every class can briefly melee a warrior, then all need to back off or risk to be stunlocked to death, the gist of playing warrior is to get close to the target 

14 hours ago, ZDragon.3046 said:

So is everything else which has increased in viability in terms of the 1v1 perspective only just because its gotten better does not make it among the best in comparison to things like engi, warrior, ranger, rev, mesmer, etc etc. Like i said its still one of the worst just because you can do it does not make it one of the best for doing it.  1v1 only mainly only proves self skill and mastery with a specific class and nothing more. If you lose to something else in 1v1 it mostly means that the player playing that class or setup is better than your current skill level in the case of fighting them 1v1 on that class only... nothing more nothing less.... Regardless of where it stands from your perspective that is no way to determine the viability of any class game wide which is why you are so far from the point I was trying to make. 

So you win 1vs1 on necro and it's the player.......you win 1vs1 on other professions and it's the class...lol  

Do you realize how biased you are?....no I don't think you do sadly, but this constant necro victimhood card you keep playing really does not work ....if you claim that necro is the weakest 1vs1 class regardless of personal skill level....well the sensible part of the community whose vast majority stay away from the forum....strongly disagree with you...

You really should play other professions against actual players and not potatoes, you'd realize you're far from being the "special one" for winning on a necro, try to play other professions against actual good necros and you'd realize that vast majority of  your losses are due to personal performance...and not that necro is ....the weakest 1vs1..lol

Edited by Arheundel.6451

12 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

Well axe 4 and axe 5 are pve stuff so letz ignore them

Gs3 was doing 5 k before febr Patch now? Never ever!

Gs f1 as said only with 25 Stacks might end enemy under 50% life.

Axe f1 omegalul no it only go over 5k while used with 3 Adrenalin bars (even then you need some might Stacks for sure)or in zerker mode.

Gs5 as you said is clunky but if it hit it goes for about 3- 5k

lol I was hit for 12k by gs3 before feb.
If you got all 4 hits, it does casually 7k+ hits before feb ( assuming prot and toughness ), even now it will do 3-5k as long as it quadruple taps.

@Arheundel.6451 lol you actually have no idea havent ya? You actually litterly need to kite like a jung god on warrior to at least get something work against classes that arent warrior. Most classes get actuall excess to more defence plus more damage than a warrior. So the only option you get is out kite them with mobility skills (or simply cc chain them but that work only of they have no stunbrake left and if they arent a scourge that could fear ya away while he is in the cc chain)

9 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

So you win 1vs1 on necro and it's the player.......you win 1vs1 on other professions and it's the class...lol  

I think you you misunderstood what i wrote...  but ok...

Do you realize how biased you are?....no I don't think you do sadly, but this constant necro victimhood card you keep playing really does not work ....if you claim that necro is the weakest 1vs1 class regardless of personal skill level....well the sensible part of the community whose vast majority stay away from the forum....strongly disagree with you...

Victimhood card????

I think its one of the worst amd there are alot of factors that play into it i dont think its the weakest thats just facts 

In terms of 1v1 its never been one of the top contenders and that's just how it is. Its better now BECAUSE EVERYTHING ELSE GOT A GAME WIDE NERF. Which says a lot considering it took that to make it as decent as it is at 1v1 in the present day. Even now there are classes that are by definition considered better duelist and thats JUST FACTS. If you think people who are not on the forums dont agree with that then its your personal perspective only and thats fair to have i guess.

I would choose your words more carefully because in no way was i trying to play a victimhood card. So lets shut that down right now.

You really should play other professions against actual players and not potatoes, you'd realize you're far from being the "special one" for winning on a necro, try to play other professions against actual good necros

Ive played other professions against other players (im not great at all of them) because i dont play them as much. I think each class has its own set of problems and never did I claim to be the "special one" again thats you putting words in my mouth like im out here advocating that necro needs buffs because its some sort of helpless child that cant do anything. Please just stop your pointless attacks against the point i was trying to make. 

and you'd realize that vast majority of  your losses are due to personal performance...and not that necro is ....the weakest 1vs1..lol

I SAID THIS IN SEVERAL STATEMENTS ABOVE. that 1v1 only proves YOUR MASTERY WITH A SPECIFIC CLASS and NOTHING MORE.  It's almost like you read what I wrote but failed to understand it. Obviously if I fight on a class I'm less familiar with and less skilled with my chances of losing a 1v1 is going to considerably increase. I even said there are very few cases where losing in a 1v1 is due a class being busted in its own right.

Im not trying to say I never lose and that when I lose its because necro is not good in 1v1 which is how I think you are taking it. Im rather humble don't treat me like im on a high horse i don't appreciate it. 

• Like 1

The easiest way to made warrior great again is simply remove the 33% damage nerf on weapon skills only. This would simply made the cc = no damage nerf less harder hitting the spec xd.

Edit: Not gs weapon skills of course^^

Edited by Pati.2438

1 hour ago, Pati.2438 said:

The easiest way to made warrior great again is simply remove the 33% damage nerf on weapon skills only. This would simply made the cc = no damage nerf less harder hitting the spec xd.

Edit: Not gs weapon skills of course^^

Are we supposed to buff professions till even a newborn can call herself a pro player?

Edited by Arheundel.6451

9 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 ya mean as long as you hit all Hits on the targed plus as lang as they all critical hit .... what means you get that 7k only for a idk 10% Chance? What is actually not rly high so it end up to hit like everytime under 5k+ damage

maybe low cd, aoe dash dodge shouldnt take 1/3 of people hp? and in fact 3-4k dmg is more then enough ?

6 hours ago, ZDragon.3046 said:

I think you you misunderstood what i wrote...  but ok...

Victimhood card????

I think its one of the worst amd there are alot of factors that play into it i dont think its the weakest thats just facts 

In terms of 1v1 its never been one of the top contenders and that's just how it is. Its better now BECAUSE EVERYTHING ELSE GOT A GAME WIDE NERF. Which says a lot considering it took that to make it as decent as it is at 1v1 in the present day. Even now there are classes that are by definition considered better duelist and thats JUST FACTS. If you think people who are not on the forums dont agree with that then its your personal perspective only and thats fair to have i guess.

I would choose your words more carefully because in no way was i trying to play a victimhood card. So lets shut that down right now.

Ive played other professions against other players (im not great at all of them) because i dont play them as much. I think each class has its own set of problems and never did I claim to be the "special one" again thats you putting words in my mouth like im out here advocating that necro needs buffs because its some sort of helpless child that cant do anything. Please just stop your pointless attacks against the point i was trying to make. 

I SAID THIS IN SEVERAL STATEMENTS ABOVE. that 1v1 only proves YOUR MASTERY WITH A SPECIFIC CLASS and NOTHING MORE.  It's almost like you read what I wrote but failed to understand it. Obviously if I fight on a class I'm less familiar with and less skilled with my chances of losing a 1v1 is going to considerably increase. I even said there are very few cases where losing in a 1v1 is due a class being busted in its own right.

Im not trying to say I never lose and that when I lose its because necro is not good in 1v1 which is how I think you are taking it. Im rather humble don't treat me like im on a high horse i don't appreciate it. 

Just what are these factors that make necro weak??? Can't you see how many hamsters are playing necro atm? Which weaknesses are you talking about?

Edited by Arheundel.6451

On 7/24/2021 at 2:52 PM, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Ok so you mean in a plus 1 then? Nothing about your post hinted to that.

I mean that is true, but it’s mostly in ats where people just play giga bunkers- so a dps class that’s as nerfed as warrior cannot survive that. 

I guess in the end we agree idk

No, I do not mean +1 either. D/p thief counters warrior on its own in a 1v1 scenario even if d/p isn't a 1v1 spec because the fundamental tools at play hard counter warrior. 

3 hours ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

No, I do not mean +1 either. D/p thief counters warrior on its own in a 1v1 scenario even if d/p isn't a 1v1 spec because the fundamental tools at play hard counter warrior. 

Then you would be wrong.

laughably wrong. No wonder I got the vibe that you were saying something insanely incorrect.

4 hours ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Then you would be wrong.

laughably wrong. No wonder I got the vibe that you were saying something insanely incorrect.

Nnno, that's right.

Shadow shot, blinding powder, headshot, smokescreen and steal can all be applied so liberally that warrior, which depends on single strikes for bursts, often cannot land those hits. These moves often also come out much faster than any of warrior's hits, or instantly.

They also vomit weakness on any attack after dodging (which makes any hits that make it through the above have a 50% chance to do negligible damage) and have an unblockable swipe if dd, which is up twice as often as warrior shield stance and puts it on cd immediately. They are mechanically warrior's counter, and a good thief should very often win this matchup. While getting hit by anything a warrior does will likely make a thief gasp and wheeze for breath, a good thief can control the fight and their positioning so the warrior is not in a position to land anything at all (or, if they are running mending which, lets face it 99% of them are, heal.)

I'm not saying thief is op for these factors, but I'd appreciate it if you understood the mechanical advantage they have. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 1