The Twisted Marionette and Legendary Armory are here!

18 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

It will never be an open world event because mounts exist. Stop asking.

However, making it a bi-hourly only boss that overlaps Dragonstorm and most other metas really sucks. And the public version won't be available after the event.

Oh and what about jumping puzzles that are in the open world that don't allow mounts or gliders?

It can be in the open world.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Either you’ll get revenge, or the Twisted Marionette will. Good luck!

Nice ... an anti-casual boss implementation. Did you guys lose your vision of the game or what?     

This is the reason why we get bosses like Dragonstorm, where the possibility to fail is none, and content like solo story missions that you can bypass with auto-attacks. This game has amazing combat b

Posted Images

My apologies everyone, I didn't mean to be rude. It's upsetting that some of us who like content like this are so toxic and aren't willing to help or teach players who focus on more casual content. Note though that no all are like that and there are amazing people there willing to teach.

Edited by Kilty.4906
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

@Fire Attunement.9835

Can you please extend the event / public instance for Marionette. You've released this in the middle of summer and I'm probably not the only on holiday.

I realise the Marionette will be available as a private squad later, but why remove the public instance, it should just keep running or could at least run for a month. The only content these days is recap of LS anyway, and an extended run of the Marionette simply means more people will get to play it.

Edited by Dondarrion.2748
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

So i think the marionette was a cool thing to bring back but since public is only here for a week; within literally prob a month it going to be hardly done content.  Getting 50 people in a squad to wait for 50 to get on is going to be hard in prime times let alone off hours.

For those that think getting 50 gonna be a thing; realistically the money isn't great from it so you going to continue to struggle to pull enough together especially since this doesn't fit into meta train it gonna be super random.

Based on what i have seen my advice is:

1.  remove 1 panel make it 4 vs 5 it all seems to be an issue of the 5 panels.

2. keep the public but put it every other hour with dragonstorm.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, Shadows Creed.3902 said:

So i think the marionette was a cool thing to bring back but since public is only here for a week; within literally prob a month it going to be hardly done content.  Getting 50 people in a squad to wait for 50 to get on is going to be hard in prime times let alone off hours.

For those that think getting 50 gonna be a thing; realistically the money isn't great from it so you going to continue to struggle to pull enough together especially since this doesn't fit into meta train it gonna be super random.

Based on what i have seen my advice is:

1.  remove 1 panel make it 4 vs 5 it all seems to be an issue of the 5 panels.

2. keep the public but put it every other hour with dragonstorm.

They should not nerf the fight because veterans have waited years for challenging content. If they want to appeal this content to more casual players they should introduce difficulty options and improve the loot drop for this harder version. Although, I do believe they should keep the public version. Also, they already fixed the schedule.

• Haha 1

Pretty fun update. I like that the content is a little more challenging than usual, but I do wish the public version would be permanent.

Also love the addition of the Mist Stranger. I’d like to learn more about them or others like them!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
52 minutes ago, TristisOris.2165 said:

strange that no any reward for Marionette. So it would die after most peoples get all achievements.

Gotta agree with you, the loot is pretty doo-doo, they could have added some unique drops or even Tyrian Defense Seals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Concerning legendary armory:

It seems that everyone is pleased with it, but with this update I feel like I have lost 6 legendary armors. Teorically not; each piece is diferent. But in real terms I have the same features as others accounts with 3 legendary armors (heavy, mid and light). The rest, the wvw and pvp legendary armors I also crafted alongside with the pve ones, are only skins that can be unlocked with the ascended ones. I don't think I am the only one in this situation but I haven't found it on the discussions.

If I have known this I will never crafted them. I would crafted legendary weapons instead.
I feel like I have lost 540 mystic clovers, much more materials, thousands of tickets and years of efforts in pvp and wvw.
I feel, after almost 22k hours in GW2, sad, wasted effort and too tired.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Aemeteriis.3874 said:

No this is a tab target game with action combat toggle.

Just because it's tab target it doesn't invalidate action combat. Guild Wars 2's combat is hybrid, it's a mixture between tab target and action combat, also that toggle you referred to is called "toggle action camera" which kinda gives a feeling of aiming in this game. The action combat side here means that fights in-game relies on more things other than just your character's skills, things like positioning, dodging, and moving out of harm's way.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
On 7/14/2021 at 8:56 PM, Kilty.4906 said:

My apologies everyone, I didn't mean to be rude. It's upsetting that some of us who like content like this are so toxic and aren't willing to help or teach players who focus on more casual content.

You can only teach who is willing to listen. In many of the mission's instances I've joined there were players who would give advice in advance to prepare the people who are new to it. Also, GuildJen wrote an excellent guide.

I love the Marionette and hope they will add some rare extra loot that will motivate people to keep doing the Marionette mission after they're done with all their achievements. It's such a fun group event! ❤️

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Basically the people who are the overlords are only viewing this system as a way to annoyingly force people to grind for legendary items.  I basically had multiple sets of each kind of trinket, weapon, etc ascended for most of my characters but the way they interact with this system now its just been a headache making the game unplayable.  Not only that but it makes infusions also an annoying thing to have to deal with worse than when they started the build loadouts.  So basically with someone with 20+ characters I've got 100's of ascended sets of armor and trinkets that are all over the freaking place and no support but if its gems or grinding up more legendary crap they are all for it.

• Thanks 1
On 7/15/2021 at 10:42 AM, Styxgyan.7439 said:

Concerning legendary armory:

It seems that everyone is pleased with it

I believe you might have missed certain threads if you have not seen any criticism. :classic_wink:

The armory per se is indeed a great addition to the game! The idea of compensating 0,008% of the players for the very effort you mentioned is fantastic!

The "but" lies in the flaws of the armory's implementation, due to an equipment loadout system rather than a true templates system, and the weird logic behind the calculations of how to compensate who. So there have been voices of criticism - one has to differentiate between what's good (and therefore does rightfully deserve praise) and what's meh.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 7/13/2021 at 11:06 AM, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

Either you’ll get revenge, or the Twisted Marionette will. Good luck!

Marionette.jpg

Can you please tell the game leads to keep the public version of marionette in the game too. A good amount of players want this, it allows regular players that dont have the bis gear and aren't the best players to have something to raid it makes them feel included. 

Edited by Zuldari.3940
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
On 7/17/2021 at 7:33 PM, Zuldari.3940 said:

Can you please tell the game leads to keep the public version of marionette in the game too. A good amount of players want this, it allows regular players that dont have the bis gear and aren't the best players to have something to raid it makes them feel included. 

Besides, it is also fun! I love the design: solid "oldschool" mechanics well implemented. A unique foe, nice animations, truly awesome content overall. 👍

(And no dumb NPC behavior of characters constantly yelling childish nonsense across the whole map, bombarding you with very badly written lines at a volume that makes you want to turn around and strangle every single one of them - yes, I am referring to Dragonstorm here.)

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have been enjoying this event and would also like to see it left permanently.  The one thing that does bother me a bit is that the instance limit is, if I am correct, 80 players in the instance.  As I recall, when it was an open world event the limit was higher (120 hard cap?) which allowed lanes to more effectively use barricades, arrow carts, ballistas and golems as well as to defend them against the toxic and and molten mobs.  I may, of course, be remembering wrongly.  I would like to see more utilization of those available defenses.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Anet

Please extend the duration of making it public, or make it an often coming event 'marionette rush'. Cause this is what happened and it's not fun. I'm an achievement hunter, but i also got real life (like rebuilding a house), this week I was focussed on that, i was also with my mind with the people who lost house in my country due to the flood.

This weekend, i'm finally up in gaming mood again. All positive right? I kill a marionette yaaaay! let's catch them up achievements!

But then it happens! Someone tells me this is temporary and the closed squad are extremely bad at succeeding. They are right! I make a calculation and guess what! I must skip sleep until todays reset, and hope nobody fails (and it just already happened), to get the 10 kills marionette, otherwise i fail it no matter what. Is this normal?

I know the answer 'you can choose not to do is' is gonna come. But as an achievement hunter this is to important not to miss out. And i don't even mind. The thing is, if i choose to skip it now, and try via Squads the nightmare will be way worse. So not sleeping 24 hours is 'better' then the alternative. That's how bad this implemention is Anet. Can you please in the future have a bit more healthy achievement planning? Like someone scanning 'this is ok, this is not'. Like at start i thought Auric basic 100x achievement was bad. In the end it wasnt, not only cause of super much played/liked meta, but because you can repeat it so easy and the loot is nice. So in the end all good! If you do that however for an achievement that is '1 week gated', there are serious problem, especially if other people can fail it.

Hell i don't even mind failing marionette if i can teach people a thing for next time. However the problem is again TIME. I have the option to be greedy and only go for 'high dps/killproof groups' to chase the achievement succesful. Or i can do chill runs with a high chance to fail, and obliterate the achievement with that Anet.

This is terrible planning. On every account. And not healthy for the mood of player.

Btw before you read it wrong, i'm not asking for Marionette achievement to be deleted, i'm not asking them to make them easier, neither to make the fight easier. But everyone has it's own time and schedule to do things and it must be realistic at all times to get it, wich in this time it isn't. You must also make it so, that toxicity is as low as possible for everyone, so that the fun remains in the game. You do this by balancing, access to content, difficulty level (not easy or to hard), and not punish people to hard for failing it. This is not the case right now. 

And BTW that i'm posting now means the situations is really dire. I had a lot of times i wanted to complain about achievement and the planning of them, but i refrained, cause often there were some (sometimes small) good arguments for them. This time there aren't any except that marionette is fun content (but wont be fun cause removing public is removing succesful runs basically - I had a full elitist necro squad, most ppl were extremely good at dps and CC, we still failed, cause always 1-5 ppl with terrible playstyle - Squad doesn't work Anet - even more if you see the way if someone accidently enters, you are in a long screwing period of ppl accidently entering until the squad is properly restarted)).

A person concluding, to play 24 hours straight, that it still is a better choice then to just go with the way developpers planned, think about how bad the planning of the devs is then from player perspective. I feel like since bjora marches Arenanet got worse achievement planning people. Please do quality control, especially on super temporary achievements.

Keep some sanity in achievements Anet. I understand your need to keep us busy Arenanet, but every expension so far had loads of achievements that were not easy to get. Perfect. But then don't launch 'an expansion of intermediate' achievement before the Expansion before you can finish them, that is also not healthy. Core tyria had perfect pace of achievements, first living story and second and third as well. Grothmar Valley also. Since Bjora marches you lost your touch Arenanet, you went in 'overdrive' to call more people in with them. Like 50 Cold war wins, is not a healthy amount. If it wasn't for the super skilled friend i had who sets up squad who are very succesful (but also elitist, as only good ppl join it), i would not have gotten it. Am i glad with achievement yes, but not in the way that other people will probably never get it.

Edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

The hope is essentially this one day will be public for a week again, they can easilly do it as an event, or attach it to the season of the four winds. 

Cause anyone busy this week, just not lost out on the Marionette entirely, as Private only having fifty people in there, is hard if anything goes wrong as it doesn't scale and it meant, originally, for 100 people in there. 

• Like 2

Just wanna say thank you for this event. I didn't have the chance to play it at Living World 1, but heard about its amazing mechanic. It turns out to be a very fun event. I did more runs even after I finished all the achievements.

There will be disagreement, but I think making public map limited time is a good choice to drive the player base there. I hope Anet can make it part of rotation so that it reappears (possibly add a new small set of achievements every rotation). As well as create similar events like this in the future.

Once again, thank you for the fantastic content.