Legendary armory doesn't feel that nice to me

I don't like how the legendaries can't be pulled in the inventory.

I had hopes that we would be able to pull an item the same way we do with achievement point skins.

For example on my thief I used the same berserker gear for daredevil and deadeye. I only switched rifle and staff from my inventory. Now when I equip my rifle instead of having a staff in my inventory, it goes back to that tab and drops the runes and infusions that were on it in my inventory creating awful clutter.

So the armory kinda forces you to buy equipment template slots.

To have a staff in my inventory now I have to have an ascended one.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

I kittenING hate that they converted all my leggys without ASKING MY CONSENT IF I WISHED TO. Why can't we decide ourselves if we wish to use armory? For me it completely useless, and I got screwed big time now having to go trough painful hassle with hero panel and spending half a min to equip kittening weapon I want especially if in middle of combat, instead of a mere second like it used to be clicking from inventory. How I am supposed to provide swiftness in fractals on my warhorn on the run? How i can swap quickly my weapons for super good mobility in particular sections and then instantly back? I am kind of a guy who kept all my favorite brawl toys, tonics, gizmos and such always at hand ready in inventory customized FOR EVERY SINGLE CHAR which gives me ability to switch within HALF SECOND and having doubles of every I need after unlocking skin for wardrobe for this very convenient/special occasion, not searching for a minute every time i wanted to change something. I always enjoyed every single major UI update in the past, especially wardrobe introduction in 2014, several drastic pvp system/ui revamps and such, but this time I HATE IT TO DEATH. I DO NOT EVER USE HERO PANEL FOR ANYTHING!!!! Please, give us ability to remove weapons from armory, and make it to ask our consent first if we wish to convert them.

Edited by Mantulis.4153
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Oh...that too... I didn't even think of on the go swapping from inventory...

I want my legendaries back too...Most of my legendary gear is weapons. I guess the update is good for armor but it's terrible for weapons.

The way it is now I feel like I screwed myself with crafting a legendary weapon as ascended one is more convenient...

Edited by iriyabran.6218
  • Sad 1

I feel they just made a mess out of backpack space and all.  you have to know what build u had on a leg weapon or what ever leg item, you have to place what sigils and infusions u had. if you had a greatsword, leg for your Necro, Ranger, Guardian. thats 3 builds, 6 sigils, and agony or what ever infusions you may have had. so my wvw guardian with wvw infusions and my fractal guardian with agony are messed up. what a way to just mess up players builds, backpack space. 

• Haha 1

Yeah they need to do something about the legendary weapons from what I'm hearing.  I think they should have asystem that snapshots the legendary weapon stats  (sigils and infusions too) for the build you're CURRENTLY on and save it in the armory next to a blank copy so you can easily re-equip it from the armory.  This will still require you to open your hero panel and click on the weapon you want to replace.

Edited by TheDeafGuy.4519
  • Like 2

tbh, they shouldn't automatically of converted everything , should made it instead where people would need to use mystic toilet and add like 250 ectos or something, not free of charge out of the blue. Whoever wanted their gear into armory, this wouldn't be an big issue using such recipe of 20-30 gold to get such massive benefit for all their characters on entire account.

Edited by Mantulis.4153

7 minutes ago, TheDeafGuy.4519 said:

Yeah they need to do something about the legendary weapons from what I'm hearing.  I think they should have asystem that snapshots the legendary weapon stats  (sigils and infusions too) for the build you're CURRENTLY on and save it in the armory next to a blank copy so you can easily re-equip it from the armory.  This will still require you to open your hero panel and click on the weapon you want to replace.

Yes! If the armory would remember what stats etc. I had on a legendary when swapping it out it would feel much more fluid. As it is now, it feels very clunky to swap from, say, staff to greatsword on my Necro and having to reselect all stats. It feels like a step down from just keeping weapons in my characters inventory and quick-swapping.

(And I know templates are an option here, but an unnecessary one for the Legendary Armory imo.)

• Like 1

Also, I feel like templates are an expensive option. Before I knew if I had 10 sec I could change from greatsword to longbow and then back. Now I can't anymore, because greatsword will be statless, infusionless and sigilless. I feel like this is rewarding players that have many legendaries or templates and penalizing the onesthat don't have that much.

• Like 1

This system definitely sucks for weapons. Swapping them out for specific scenarios takes a lot of time, because you have to reset the upgrades and stats every time. This system benefits armor and runes since they only provide a statistic change rather than an ability one.

They need to set up a preset weapon equipment panel on the right of the template so you can swap between presets quickly.

We'll need a Legendary Armory 2.0 just for weapons.

• Like 5

This legendary armory is a real pain for weapons. More than that, it makes using legendary weapons LESS convienent than ascended ones.

Please revert this asap, or let us put our legendary weapons in our inventory with all its sigils, infusions and stats.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

The biggest annoyances I've had with the system, using it only for legendary armor and trinkets are:

1) it does not store the infusions/runes. These stay per character. So, if you have style infusions, when you swap characters you need to either swap the infusions, too (so, may end up being *MORE* bank/shared inventory space than before) or buying duplicates. This seems like a huge oversight...

2) It changing the skins. Yes, this is a minor issue...but, for instance, if I used a legendary cloak and kept it the same skin for all characters, now I have to re-apply that - and any infusions - when I swap them between characters, where before I didn't...

It's great to have legendaries for all your characters but it's still being bottlenecked by overpriced equipment templates.

You're restricted to 2 stats. Also if you are to swap weapons from outside the templates you need to reselect stats and sigils every time.

If one slot is taken up by pve and one by wvw, you effectively only have 1 equipment setup for each game mode, and if you want to change weapons, well SoL

For example, my necro runs a pve set, and for wvw it's axe+focus + staff. However in groups, it's dictated I run scepter instead of staff so I have to go swap weapons and reselect stats? Heck no.

The ironic part is because of this I am forced to keep some ascended weapons because it's less cumbersome.... ironic when someone told us to save Ascended weapons but for entirely different reasons, lol.

I was hoping for at least a sale for these things because this would be a perfect time for everyone to buy some but I guess not.

All that being said, but it is a win for armor though.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

The ironic part is because of this I am forced to keep some ascended weapons because it's less cumbersome.... ironic when someone told us to save Ascended weapons but for entirely different reasons, lol.

MAIN dealbreaker ...

Edited by keenedge.9675
  • Like 1

in a way, it to force us to buy build slots. its a way just to screw up our backpack, builds. it should be up to the player to add to this leg slot or not.  So why should we have more then a few toons ? just share every thing  >.<   . I like my WvW guardian and my Fractal Guardian. but they just screwed that up. it would be cheaper to make ascened for them and not waste time on legendary. only reason i was making Leg is because of build change, ill just stay cheap and go as i said ascended.. but for now.. not going to play at all. just wasted years of fun work to have it all screwed up in my back pack and builds.  

• Like 1