Marionette as an example of well balanced content in terms of difficulty

It will.  Not even three hours after it going live you could already see the complaints. 

I just hope that if they do nerf it, they make the current version a CM and give a chance for some unique reward for beating it. 

Edited by Ayrilana.1396
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4

Sadly  it will get nerfed because all these crybabies that want instant gratification without putting in effort into anything were already complaining 3 hours into it release. That's another problem i hope wont arise or get worse in the future.  people crying about difficulties after not even 1 week of trying, or people saying jps are too hard for them because of their disabilities.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

I fear it will get nerfed. People have become too used to easily getting through any events now. Remember when Teq, Triple trouble, AB or any map meta actually required proper coordination? That was soo many years ago now. People have forgotten what that feels like.

I used to love setting up boats teams on teq and feeling like I was contributing to the whole by making sure the turrets didn't get swamped by mobs. It felt good. It felt like such a sense of community. Nowadays everyone just turns up and presses 1 and expects their loot. Barely any talking.  The whole PANIC is a meme in Auric Basin because even if a lane messes up it doesn't matter anymore. You don't even see half the mechanics of some events because they get burned that fast, which is a shame. Silverwastes & Teq being prime examples of this. Mounts make Mordremoth a joke and he dies so fast because everyone can get to every island they need to.

The last time I had a sense of accomplishment in open world stuff was a few weeks back where I got put into a seemingly dead Drizzlewood north map farming my otter pieces. I just put my mentor tag up and powered through with my bf and like a handful of other people. It was actually really fun because the cannons were actually at risk because they didn't scale up, it felt like we could fail at any moment and to make it worse the map close timer was not going away and we were fighting to beat it. We watched each others backs and did more than press 1. After it finished it felt so good. People pmed me and were thanking me for sticking around with my tag to help them get through it and it felt like the older world bosses a big community effort.

I could go on but you get the idea. Unfortunately people that share my opinion get shunned and usually just have to keep quiet whilst being told, " this isn't for you, go to fractals and raids". When ironically all this open world meta stuff and events were actually designed to be hard, they just got power crept.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

It will get nerfed 100%. Like for veterans its an ezy World Boss fight but. Seems like there are some people that dont know even how to dodge (or at least how to not go into Red fields) and whipe groups cause they let other players left alone at the platforms. It isnt difficulty but as we all know some players simply cant handle simple mechanics. 

P.S. for frcking real how do they die against a Boss on a platform that got big Red circles, 2 simple mechanics and is basicly a dps Golem.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

It will get nerfed 100%. Like for veterans its an ezy World Boss fight but. Seems like there are some people that dont know even how to dodge (or at least how to not go into Red fields) and whipe groups cause they let other players left alone at the platforms. It isnt difficulty but as we all know some players simply cant handle simple mechanics. 

P.S. for frcking real how do they die against a Boss on a platform that got big Red circles, 2 simple mechanics and is basicly a dps Golem.

Maybe they have rl issues, or arent running meta gear. or are just bad, who knows. Ill give two different examples here.

Friend 1: Plays a condi/power hybrid i set up for them(They dont want to melee anything), runs shortbow and longbow on their build, seldom goes down and can carry content when needed, though isnt meta at all.

Friend 2: runs meta builds and weapons on warrior, dies all the time, they cant dodge properly(they do try though), they use all their skills but it isnt on a rotation, and they dont want to input the time to get a rotation down. Absolutely hates when they get killed by a ranged character.

I guarantee more players are like friend 2, than friend 1, and alot more players actually do try to dodge etc but fail alot. To them games arent a chore that needs to be gotten good at, they play to run around and smack things with friends.

Im a vet(beta), do raids rarely, done 100cm, and still die to some of the most idiotic monsters out there.

I think Anet should keep the squad version as hard as it is now, while leaving the public version in game for good(on a regularly scheduled timer that only competes with low level world bosses) and tuning the public version for the average player. Give increased rewards for the squad version.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Failed 5 times out of 5 tonight. Two of those runs were in an organised but pug group. Don't you dare nerf this please ANET.

This is perfectly balanced and anyone that has been in GW2 longer than a 6 months will know this. It's do-able, even on the worst run of the five the majority of the platform fails were due to someone/people not really understanding that the champs are different for different lanes or getting caught up in a red circle. Yes it's frustrating but suck it up! It's a challenge and being handed everything on a platter all the time is something GW2 already does too much.

I'll just add that I am a casual player, I don't raid or T4 fractal but I've been around since beta. THIS is the difficulty of content we casuals need more of.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

Funny though since we got these same kind of complaints back when it was first released. I wonder how many of those who requested this brought back are complaining. 

It's actually much harder now than it was then. And that's even after considering a lot of general power creep that happened since that time.

That's because they didn't even touch the original design of that fight And that design pretty much assumed 125 players taking part in this event - 25 players per lane, 5 players per platform. Unfortunately, the private instance is squad-sized. 50 people means 10 players per lane, and 2 per platform. Assuming the squad is full, everyone splits perfectly, and noone dcs or goes down in the lane when it's their turn.

And remember, that some platform fight mechanics require at least 2 players - preferably more. That means the pressure per individual player is now several times as high as it was then.

In original event, individual players could make mistakes, and it was possible to correct them. Now, a small mistake of a single person can easily fail whole chain phase. There's no space for being less than 120% at all.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I don't care about the difficulty level but it has some "administrative" issues.

1. there should be a way to control when it starts at least for the private version. Instead of starting a countdown as soon as someone enters the instance

2. there should be a way to restart after either a success or a fail instead of having to exit and enter the instance

Also if you accidentally click on the portal to Eye of the North that is close to some of the waypoints it will send you out of the instance.

Edited by Khisanth.2948
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It's actually much harder now than it was then. And that's even after considering a lot of general power creep that happened since that time.

That's because they didn't even touch the original design of that fight And that design pretty much assumed 125 players taking part in this event - 25 players per lane, 5 players per platform. Unfortunately, the private instance is squad-sized. 50 people means 10 players per lane, and 2 per platform. Assuming the squad is full, everyone splits perfectly, and noone dcs or goes down in the lane when it's their turn.

And remember, that some platform fight mechanics require at least 2 players - preferably more. That means the pressure per individual player is now several times as high as it was then.

In original event, individual players could make mistakes, and it was possible to correct them. Now, a small mistake of a single person can easily fail whole chain phase. There's no space for being less than 120% at all.

Do the public instance if you need more players.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

Dont nerf it. I like the challenge. Its not hard its not easy. Its perfectly. 

Also i dont see how you can nerf this.. 50 players need to split up. Thats 10 per lane. 

2 per boss. You need to know 5 mechanics. Thats all. 

Yeah maybe you dont know it now. But you will in a few days. 

This is the kind of event that needs a good commander. Like it was in the old days. 

This was what gw2 stood for people... communication, and not only pressing 1. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

It's clear from the above that people seem to forget that you can only measure the success of challenging content based on the individuals success against it. 

Pitting 50 randoms, with no control apart from time of day and happenstance as a measure of whether content is too hard or not is irrelevant. If it's reliant on 50 people doing the right thing, it's not that the content is too hard. No one is able to reasonably overcome a collective failure of people unwilling, unable, or too impatient to persevere. 

Remember, the goal of this game is entertainment. Bandying about 'back in the day' BS is completely useless. Either it's engaging and rewarding as a video game, that challenges the individual in a Scaling context, or it is not.

As it is, from the glance at reactions to it so far I won't even bother spending my valuable time doing an action I can't personally guarantee group cohesion, or success on. This doesn't sound like fun. 

Edited by Zavijah.2695
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

The fight is perfectly fine, easy even... If you get 50 guys with a moderate amount of knowledge and skill, and an IQ above room temperature

The issue is that will never happen in pugs, your very likely to get a handful mrons at least, and they will screw the fight for the other 40-something normal players

The fight doesnt need nerfs per se, but it probably needs a slight rework. It shouldn't rely so much on everyone performing at the same level individually, but instead add mechanics that allow better players to compensate for idiots

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

the way I see it, this marionette event is somewhat in line with the wintersday freezie dungeon.... freezie dungeon enemies have way much health than the adds in marionette and mechanics wise they are somewhat similar, avoid damaging fields and telegraphed attacks that needs dodging and only thing that is extra in this event is a more controlled form of silverwastes vinewrath lane like approach that depends on every individual's performance. if everyone is actively participating rather than gawking at others from a corner, it is an easy event with some nice rewards.. its just that some ppl doesnt wish to put in effort or participate actively in events and wish to reap the rewards at the last second. its this kind of behavior that puts stress on otehr players to push in extra effort to carry them and make the event a success else everyone's time would be wasted if the event fails... i dont blame them... some take the game way too casual and just be there when it happens rather than be the one to make it happen. maybe anet is trying a systematic approach to get players in line with its goal to make ppl engage in every bit of game mode content in gw2 possible... some ppl might try to go to next level by gearing properly and measure their performance and try and improve to get rewards from content like these... while some might leave the content or join the public instance and grind it as much as possible... I believe public instance is way easier than private squad. never tried it but noticed someone mention it somewhere...

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871

I'll say this. Just did a squad that failed, but barely, then did a public and breezed through it.

FUN AF either way. That said I think as more people play it then they'll learn the mechanics and the squad version should be fine after this week. If anything there needs to be a change to make sure each platform gets at least one person, and the wardens should scale based on the number of people, so that they can be soloed if need be. They probably can now so long as people bring the right build.

It would also be helpful if you could hop platforms once you destroy the regulators, but only up to where an active fight is.

• Like 2