Marionette as an example of well balanced content in terms of difficulty

So I kept asking myself , maybe I'm not looking at it the way a normal player would... Then I thought of joining all welcome groups in lfg for the marionette event these groups never ask any kind of kp or li or anything you don't need to have it at all... When I joined, the squad was at 20 ppl and it gradually filled up... The subgroups were unlocked and we were told we can choose our own subgroups... Most ppl didn't know how to choose their own subgroups at all... So I thought this is the kind of players that would be deemed normal.... No one was kicked out of the group for any silly reason whatsoever... Then comm explained stuff about subgrouping and still a few ppl didn't move to/from the subgroups... It took a while and then we were all set... No one have us food or util... Comm had some copy pasta to instruct players how to do various bosses and what to do and prepare for lanes ... We spread into lanes and commie used the minimap pings and minimap drawing to instruct players and some squad chat... No platforms failed... Only strategy we followed was, when it was time for the warden 5 to show up, ppl from lane1 all went to lane 5 and joined with them in platform... And the aether cannon didn't even reach 25% ... We got a kill and so I thought this was pure luck or maybe it has something to do with the strategy we employed to minimize failure... After the run, 20 ppl left after completing their daily rewards... And I thought ok.. experienced ppl left and we will fail this time .... But once again after sorting groups, we jumped into the fray... We got one more kill and I became a bit restless how could we get a kill with fresh players in squad even if they're not synchronised with the squad? So I doubted if this was indeed a random squad and not composed of a guild full of players to deal with difficult platforms ie lane 4 and lane 5 also lane 3 to be sure... I checked everyone's guild who are assigned to lane 3,4, and 5... They're not at all from the same guild maybe a few from same guild... But not more than 3 ppl are from same guild so everyone on their own...

We ran  5 times and we got 5 kills. I don't even remember the commander's name but everyone was grateful for the commander.

Now I decided to join another private squad this time with 100li requirement... However this squad didn't know about any strategy or anything... They all thought since everyone's a raider , they'll take care of themselves and no need to help anyone and we didn't employ the strategy to go help the lane 5 at last phase... I did notice a few ppl go downstate but they were soon revived and ppl were talking about using the inspire skill it's obvious that ppl adapted themselves to the event ... Then we improved upon the run with discussing with commie and we helped lane5 on the next marionette runs... And we did 3 tries and got 3 kills... I won't say the run was perfect coz a few ppl went to wrong lanes and commie had to call them out in chat and send them to their respective lanes and few hiccups with ppl going down and rallying... But we got 100% success rate even though squad got new ppl during each run

Now.... The way i see it, the actual players who do play the game have adapted themselves and devised nice strategies to finish the event successfully ... While the forum warriors in this forum not at all playing the game but just post some wild assumptions that ppl would leave the game if marionette was tough... And I stayed in gw2 coz gw2 was a babbybottle else I would've left already.... marionette wasn't the only event available to gw2 players... C'mon... U expect us to believe that? Triple trouble was a thing before all this... And it happens every 4 hrs ithink in event timer and rewards are far better than marionette and drop chance for ascended and we can't repeat the event as we wish and we have to wait for 4 hrs for the next one... if a new player tried to join an unorganised tt event and most often ppl lfg for it but are not organized like the TTT group and when not organized, the even will fail often... And new player would not have an idea of the TTT guild and it's timings and most definitely they would experience tooo many failed wurm events... So what your saying is, they'd leave gw2 right away? Funny. 

TLDR:

Conclusion : ppl have started adapting themselves to marionette... Whether you like it or not... At this point only one question remains... Even though the event is fun, ppl won't have the right motivation to do this event everyday without any proper rewards like an infusion or some form of rare drop... My only request to anet is to improve rewards in this event for private instance and as some ppl mentioned keep the public instance permanent... And hope this decision by anet increase raid playerbase and increase player influx

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Like 8
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

That is the problem these people have not been pushed to do basic stuff in 80 levels, they don't know that they are terrible at the game, they have not been given an incentive to be average at the game. Arenanet has decided to pander to them and at some point they leave since they are bored of the game, and the those that stayed and became long term players get boring content and at some point they will leave too since Arenanet tries to cater to a demographic that does not care for the game. May flies are not sustainable, at some point they will run out of them and the shrinking long term population will not promote the game, there is already a large population on the internet trashing the game for being boring or not supported or the most common dead.

All Arenanet had to do is root the problem in the bud and force people to learn the game gradually in the 80 levels of the core game, the simple "Do this or you will not progress" is fine if the task is simple, even a crash course in the booster area would do wonders to bridge the gap between players, and if people are too stubborn to not learn and leave, they most probably would not have been a benefit to the game and would not have stayed for long anyway.      

What you say is partially true but there really are a lot of people who simply don't care about being "good at combat" and they will leave this game if they have do that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

What you say is partially true but there really are a lot of people who simply don't care about being "good at combat" and they will leave this game if they have do that.

There is no problem with them leaving, if they care about the game they will learn at least the basics and try have an useful build for their skill level if not it is just that the game is not for them, there are allot of games that are made just for them. Changing a game to suit a demographic that is not invested enough to learn basic things would not be good for the long term health of the game and would dilute the experience so it doesn't cater to anyone, just a bland pile of grey and that is not a good spot to be . 

That is still on Arenanet to teach people how play the game and make people that don't care, to care at least to the point at not being a burden.   

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

So I kept asking myself , maybe I'm not looking at it the way a normal player would... Then I thought of joining all welcome groups in lfg for the marionette event these groups never ask any kind of kp or li or anything you don't need to have it at all... When I joined, the squad was at 20 ppl and it gradually filled up... The subgroups were unlocked and we were told we can choose our own subgroups... Most ppl didn't know how to choose their own subgroups at all... So I thought this is the kind of players that would be deemed normal.... No one was kicked out of the group for any silly reason whatsoever... Then comm explained stuff about subgrouping and still a few ppl didn't move to/from the subgroups... It took a while and then we were all set... No one have us food or util... Comm had some copy pasta to instruct players how to do various bosses and what to do and prepare for lanes ... We spread into lanes and commie used the minimap pings and minimap drawing to instruct players and some squad chat... No platforms failed... Only strategy we followed was, when it was time for the warden 5 to show up, ppl from lane1 all went to lane 5 and joined with them in platform... And the aether cannon didn't even reach 25% ... We got a kill and so I thought this was pure luck or maybe it has something to do with the strategy we employed to minimize failure... After the run, 20 ppl left after completing their daily rewards... And I thought ok.. experienced ppl left and we will fail this time .... But once again after sorting groups, we jumped into the fray... We got one more kill and I became a bit restless how could we get a kill with fresh players in squad even if they're not synchronised with the squad? So I doubted if this was indeed a random squad and not composed of a guild full of players to deal with difficult platforms ie lane 4 and lane 5 also lane 3 to be sure... I checked everyone's guild who are assigned to lane 3,4, and 5... They're not at all from the same guild maybe a few from same guild... But not more than 3 ppl are from same guild so everyone on their own...

We ran  5 times and we got 5 kills. I don't even remember the commander's name but everyone was grateful for the commander.

Now I decided to join another private squad this time with 100li requirement... However this squad didn't know about any strategy or anything... They all thought since everyone's a raider , they'll take care of themselves and no need to help anyone and we didn't employ the strategy to go help the lane 5 at last phase... I did notice a few ppl go downstate but they were soon revived and ppl were talking about using the inspire skill it's obvious that ppl adapted themselves to the event ... Then we improved upon the run with discussing with commie and we helped lane5 on the next marionette runs... And we did 3 tries and got 3 kills... I won't say the run was perfect coz a few ppl went to wrong lanes and commie had to call them out in chat and send them to their respective lanes and few hiccups with ppl going down and rallying... But we got 100% success rate even though squad got new ppl during each run

Now.... The way i see it, the actual players who do play the game have adapted themselves and devised nice strategies to finish the event successfully ... While the forum warriors in this forum not at all playing the game but just post some wild assumptions that ppl would leave the game if marionette was tough... And I stayed in gw2 coz gw2 was a babbybottle else I would've left already.... marionette wasn't the only event available to gw2 players... C'mon... U expect us to believe that? Triple trouble was a thing before all this... And it happens every 4 hrs ithink in event timer and rewards are far better than marionette and drop chance for ascended and we can't repeat the event as we wish and we have to wait for 4 hrs for the next one... if a new player tried to join an unorganised tt event and most often ppl lfg for it but are not organized like the TTT group and when not organized, the even will fail often... And new player would not have an idea of the TTT guild and it's timings and most definitely they would experience tooo many failed wurm events... So what your saying is, they'd leave gw2 right away? Funny. 

TLDR:

Conclusion : ppl have started adapting themselves to marionette... Whether you like it or not... At this point only one question remains... Even though the event is fun, ppl won't have the right motivation to do this event everyday without any proper rewards like an infusion or some form of rare drop... My only request to anet is to improve rewards in this event for private instance and as some ppl mentioned keep the public instance permanent... And hope this decision by anet increase raid playerbase and increase player influx

a few things:

1.) The public version is fine, most players agree with this, it needs to be made permanent however. The gatekeeping of the squad version has already started, and excluding the average player from the event is an awful concept. Everyone should be able to join in the public version whenever they want.

2.) The squad version due to the mechanical issues present needs to be adjusted difficulty wise or the mechanics need to be adjusted. I lean for mechanic adjustments(moving from platform to platform for one.), otherwise its fine difficulty wise.

3.) For both, mobs need to drop loot, that way a failure can still yield rewards.

4.) Dismissing personal experiences because you dont like them, or dont want to believe them is not a good way to move a discussion forward and have people be willing to discuss things with you in the future, its their personal experience, not yours. The guilds i was in did bleed players when HOT dropped, and theyve either never gotten back to their pre HOT levels, or theyve only just gotten back to those levels in the last year.

7 hours ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

Wow.... good thing this thread didn't degenerate into the same stale arguments, made by the same half dozen posters using tired divisive labels in some worn out attempt to control a narrative....

.... right?

Yep.... dodged that bullet.

Tis a shame most people here cant agree to compromises. "IT MUST BE THIS HARD ALWAYS." or "IT NEEDS TO BE SO EASY 111111 PLAYERS CAN DO IT" is pretty much the standard 😞

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/14/2021 at 1:48 AM, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

It worked pretty well on my DH. Moving through the bug, back and forth, while using Whirling Wrath and some traps firing, you get a decent amount of damage through before it adjusts its facing. There are plenty of builds that would struggle more than the time allows for though, so a single player on that platform is generally a good chance for failure.

Pet classes seem to be able to solo, it gives the mobs another thing to focus on or at least on my necro it did. Once cc is over its pretty easy takedown.

On the subject of it being too hard. the marionette is a complex fight that becomes really easy once you learn the mechanics.  5 lanes with differing mechanics, 5 platforms same thing you are responsible for your lane and your platform pretty simple. Take a sec to read the wiki on the fight it clearly says what each lane has to fight. There is nothing overly hard about it, just learning, unless you dont want to learn then thats on you, Anet should never change the game to suit people that are unwilling to learn or try.

I have zero legendries, zero ascended on this account, and I dont have a problem doing the fight. Fortunately for me I find it a fun fight. But a lot of people sit in the start area and dont go in. Im not a fan of the downed mechanic in this game. People get downed in droves and then cause other people to get downed trying to save them. 

Edited by Zuldari.3940

1 hour ago, Dante.1763 said:

Tis a shame most people here cant agree to compromises. "IT MUST BE THIS HARD ALWAYS." or "IT NEEDS TO BE SO EASY 111111 PLAYERS CAN DO IT" is pretty much the standard 😞

Notice, that "111 players" (as well as "AFKing to victory") is a meme. One that is being generally used only by people that assume they represent the hardcore side of discussion (with the emphasis on "assume") but are so weak at actual argumentation they feel the need of some special ammo and personal attacks in order to discredit anyone that does not agree with them. It's about as much true as the "every single raider is toxic elitist" arguments used by some equal quality forum warriors on the other side (so, very, very far from truth).

The quality of the discussion would increase immensely if both those types were somehow prevented from participating.

Unfortunately, a lot of other participants do actually like people like that, because they make good targets, and nicely focus the negative emotions of the other side of discussion. Again, to the detriment of quality of said discussion.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

Pet classes seem to be able to solo, it gives the mobs another thing to focus on or at least on my necro it did. Once cc is over its pretty easy takedown

Sometimes it aggroes the pet, but it's in no way consistent. Also, you can;t control positioning of your pets (especially on necro - rangers can at least stow the pet or switch its aggro modes), so i've seen several times a pet positioning the mob with the front to the center and back to the edge. Still doable, but does not make things easy.

Besides, again, it means you need to run some very specific classes and builds in order to be able to solo the mob. Most classes need not apply.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Sometimes it aggroes the pet, but it's in no way consistent. Also, you can;t control positioning of your pets (especially on necro - rangers can at least stow the pet or switch its aggro modes), so i've seen several times a pet positioning the mob with the front to the center and back to the edge. Still doable, but does not make things easy.

Besides, again, it means you need to run some very specific classes and builds in order to be able to solo the mob. Most classes need not apply.

I didnt have an issue i move a lot when fighting anyway so getting behind him not a big deal. Yes the aggro on the mob is random, but when its not on you go full hog. Thats true in any game though thats why most times its a group effort. Im used to trinity games and I do love that setup, but also i love that not everyone is the same. Some classes can do dif things than others, nothing wrong with that its variety. any one of the classes can do it with a few build changes and spell swaps im pretty sure.

Edited by Zuldari.3940

1 minute ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

I didnt have an issue i move a lot when fighting anyway so getting behind him not a big deal. Yes the aggro on the mob is random, but when its not on you go full hog.

But that's the exact issue with the whole fight: the end result depends on a lot of things you have next to no control over. If everything aligns well, it's easy - but if something goes wrong (and with low player numbers it is so easy for something to go wrong), phase fails. And most likely even if you see it you can;t do anything about it besides watching the approaching traiwreck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

But that's the exact issue with the whole fight: the end result depends on a lot of things you have next to no control over. If everything aligns well, it's easy - but if something goes wrong (and with low player numbers it is so easy for something to go wrong), phase fails. And most likely even if you see it you can;t do anything about it besides watching the approaching traiwreck.

Thats because a lot of people are not taking the time to learn the fight they go in blind..I did too first time...but they stay blind.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Notice, that "111 players" (as well as "AFKing to victory") is a meme. One that is being generally used only by people that assume they represent the hardcore side of discussion (with the emphasis on "assume") but are so weak at actual argumentation they feel the need of some special ammo and personal attacks in order to discredit anyone that does not agree with them. It's about as much true as the "every single raider is toxic elitist" arguments used by some equal quality forum warriors on the other side (so, very, very far from truth).

The quality of the discussion would increase immensely if both those types were somehow prevented from participating.

Unfortunately, a lot of other participants do actually like people like that, because they make good targets, and nicely focus the negative emotions of the other side of discussion. Again, to the detriment of quality of said discussion.

Oh i know. Its odd coming back to another MMOs forums after spending quite a bit of time on a different MMOs forums. Its the same everywhere, the arguments and words used are different, but the same groups and lack of compromise or willing to have a discussion without resulting to insults(at the most basic level), or name calling. I agree with you though.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 8:26 AM, Ayrilana.1396 said:

Funny though since we got these same kind of complaints back when it was first released. I wonder how many of those who requested this brought back are complaining. 

When it first got released it was open world and you had far more people. Private squads with only 50 are harder than the release version with over a hundred people. Lots of people got carried obviously and those people remember fighting the marionette. And most of them probably had no real idea they were being carried.  If you're not using a damage meter and you're not paying attention to stuff said on forums or reddit, you're likely to think you're doing fine and everyone is doing what you're doing. You'd be wrong of course, but that's how it works.

The public version is fine and shouldn't be nerfed but if they're going to remove the public version, I believe they'll have no choice but to make some changes to the instanced one.

In a perfect world, both versions would exist for both types of players.

Edit: To clarify since some seem confused. When the Marionette first launched there were over a hundred people there. Which is 20 people per lane. Which is 4 people per platform.  In the public version there are 75 people, which is 18 or so per lane. You can still get 3 or even 4 on a platform.  With the private version there are 50 people tops. Assuming you have a full squad that's 10 per lane. Which means 2 on each platform tops.  One guy dies and you're soloing. Two guys die on one platform and that lane fails.  It makes it much harder. Keeping the public one means there's more leeway for less hard core players.

Edited by Vayne.8563
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

There needs to be LESS shaming of people who press 11111 auto attk blahblah insult and MORE incentive inside the game that your build and character are at their best when you have a synergistic build of traits,cc, stats, sigils, runes and skills. The game NEEDS to tell players this is how you beat content- by being a viable build who consistently uses their skill rotation.

Players can tell other players all day long about this but ANET needs to be the one to come down from high and let all players know (and yes casuals) that the game is best when you do this.

Edited by HotDelirium.7984
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

There needs to be LESS shaming of people who press 11111 auto attk blahblah insult and MORE incentive inside the game that your build and character are at their best when you have a synergistic build of traits,cc, stats, sigils, runes and skills. The game NEEDS to tell players this is how you beat content- by being a viable build who consistently uses their skill rotation.

Players can tell other players all day long about this but ANET needs to be the one to come down from high and let all players know (and yes casuals) that the game is best when you do this.

Thing about that is that, unless you institute timers that can be described as less than "obscenely generous" then those subpar builds can, in fact, beat content. I've seen a rifle holo do only a few thousand dps because they liked their rifle so much they never made much use of their bomb kit or grenade kit... or melee range for their laser disk. And used Supply Crate over the Prime Light Beam. Come to think of it I'm not even sure if they had those kits or laser disk on their bar. Yet they still get through their daily fractals. It may take them longer, but they get through it, even if nobody in the entire group is doing over 10k dps and their burst is played subpar. 

Unless you put those timers, they will continue to beat almost all forms of pve content in the entire game that way. Raids do have DPS requirements, so there people often have to go over proper builds and the idea of a rotation, but anything outside of that? Not so much. But look at plenty of people on the forums: they're opposed to timers, even though timers in raids are basically never what kills anyone because they're so generous so it's the mechanics (and implied dps checks) that actually kill people. For open-world, timers are usually so generous that it's functionally just a warm-body check to make sure there's enough people hitting the target, so optimized builds aren't really a requirement there, either. 

Actually, if you look at most content in the game the timers are generous but mechanics are what kills people. That leads people to concluding their DPS doesn't really matter compared to staying alive (which is true, to an extent), but then don't extend that to staying alive AND doing good dps because that's not a requirement. Even if ANet were to give tutorials about that kind of thing and start to funnel people into good builds, people would be annoyed that their preferred playstyle is ostensibly being called wrong by the developers themselves. This leads to problems like asking why that playstyle is even an option at that point, and then you could likely start highlighting how many terrible prefixes there are, how many useless runes and sigils there are, how many weak traits there are (even outside of pvp with their 300 cd "needs to be reworked so we're nerfing it out of the game" traits), and hell, even how many weak skills there are in general (the aforementioned Supply Crate for example, it's just not very good, especially if you're a Holo and Prime Light Beam is an option).

I don't know. If ANet did that, that has some major implications to many players. It's no longer a choice of how they want to play, it then becomes ANet dictating a meta everyone has to play by, and then balancing around that. Thing about making synergistic builds is obviously they're better builds, but it means there's fewer of those builds. ANet would kill any idea or illusion of build diversity, which is already pretty well lacking in pve to begin with. Berserker's if power, Viper's if condi (for the most part), then you have the niche sets like Harrier and Minstrel's for supportive healing (or Magi's if you're giving up the idea of sharing boons in any notable fashion whatsoever), Marauder as an option for open-world power, Trailblazer as an option for open-world condi, and then... almost everything past that is either niche to 1 build or just not used at all (in PvE. WvW/PvP are their own ball-game). ANet highlighting builds would make this apparent to even more players, and I can't imagine that's not a turn-off to a large proportion of players if they recognized that fact.

Edited by Caitir.6947
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Krzysztof.5973 said:

If anything we need more content like mario so community will slowly move out of dark ages of only pressing auto-attack.

Additional points for posting this right below the posts discussing the "111 players" argument.

Still, hardly conductive to any serious discussion.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I really like this event. Ive been playing private lfg pug groups and while the first day was a fail fest, it looks like it stabilised now and many suceed. 

Its more enjoyable than any of the latest open world events as it actualy requires some minimum effort. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Additional points for posting this right below the posts discussing the "111 players" argument.

Still, hardly conductive to any serious discussion.

Yup, but apparently claiming that content is bad because some players straight up refuse to learn basic game mechanics is so constructive and a completely valid argument.

21 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Notice, that "111 players" (as well as "AFKing to victory") is a meme.

Not really. If you think it's a meme, then keep joining public dragonstorm instances, where literally 25% of the players consistently literally afk throughout the event, because they are able to get participation on a single button press. So much for being a meme.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yup, but apparently claiming that content is bad because some players straight up refuse to learn basic game mechanics is so constructive and a completely valid argument.

I really believe this community is flipping out over a misperception of of what's going on with the Marionette. While its possible some will AFK, get confused, go to a wrong lane, press only auto, or have no CC I think the miniboss grouping is why it fails the majority of the time. Some of my anecdotal evidence is all the times I've been in a group thats failed, all 10 times were because someone died while soloing or nobody was deployed to one of the platforms.

ALSO, shout out to the dev who was in the 50 man squad who only fought some and didn't enter the platform fight 😛 pffft

• Like 2

21 hours ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

My guess is Anet wants the community to come together and teach. That's what many guilds do. The problem is many guilds don't as well. I've always seen my guild as a casual teaching guild. We're not teaching meta rotations (though we talk about them sometimes), but we are teaching about bar breaking, and sustain and condition removal and stun breaks.  We are teaching about LOS and cleave.  About stacking and saving your dodges for when they matter. 

People who solo, unless they love to research stuff, don't get the same amount of information as people who play with others. There's nothing you NEED to be in a guild to do in this game, but it doesn't mean being in a guild has no purpose. Not just for social contact, but because Guild Wars 2 does a pretty bad job of teaching itself. More people discussing stuff is a way to get better.

17 hours ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

I really believe this community is flipping out over a misperception of of what's going on with the Marionette. While its possible some will AFK, get confused, go to a wrong lane, press only auto, or have no CC I think the miniboss grouping is why it fails the majority of the time. Some of my anecdotal evidence is all the times I've been in a group thats failed, all 10 times were because someone died while soloing or nobody was deployed to one of the platforms.

ALSO, shout out to the dev who was in the 50 man squad who only fought some and didn't enter the platform fight 😛 pffft

I wasn't commenting about cause of any and all failing attempts, I was commenting about people that come to the forum to pretend this is a hard encounter and try to get it nerfed, when all that event does is utilizing basic game mechanics.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

I really think the issue is most people that play just play for the heck of it. They do what they find easy or fun for them. Coming from one of the most elitist games when it come to git gud scrub! I can honestly say that GW2 lets you go your own way, and im okay with that to a point. Until it causes the group to fail. If the lack of cc or dps is causing the group to wipe then yeah you should maybe revisit your playstyle and read what your spells do. Marionette is a good example of this, everyone has to do their part or it fails. People that will listen and learn are not the problem, the people that afk out leaving the squad down players are. And there are people that just dont care, nothing to be done about it. Commanders can remove people but that leaves the group down players anyway. I really dont know the answer because this happens in all games, what is a bad player? Is it a troll, an afker, someone that just does the bare minimum to tag something and get the reward? There are players that with a little teaching could be really good they really dont know the way to play their class, but are willing to learn, those are not bad players. 

Forgot to add, bosses should never be nerfed because the bar needs to be lowered, the only time fights need a nerf and this happened in another game...is when the boss was tuned to be unkillable by sheer mathematics. It was a mistake in coding. Or the boss has an ability that was designed wrong is unavoidable and one shots the group. Not saying one shot mechanics are bad, they are fine if they have a way built into the game to avoid that spell going off or a defense you use at the time it goes off. We are talking coding mistakes not abilities that will kill you but are avoidable. 

Edited by Zuldari.3940

This is a MAJOR shift, and I can only hope this follows suit for EoD and further.

They could have nerfed it but they aknowledged its difficulty and pointed out how we are able to made it.

They trust the community, maybe it's a sign of what's to come.

Thank you Anet, and good job again on recent stuff

• Like 10