Mist Stranger

Poormany.4507

14 minutes ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

I never moved the goalposts, because whether Kormir is lying or not directly ties into whether or not the gods have abandoned Tyria. If she's lying to the Commander, then all support for the gods having abandoned Tyria vanishes as well, since she is the sole source for the gods having abandoned Tyria. I know you also cited the story journal, but the story journal is the Commander's own thoughts, so that's based off of what the Commander sees and hears - in other words, Kormir's words.

Except, once again, you ignore other sources that have already been pointed out that support this notion as well. Aka, the previously mentioned "Eternity" legendary item lore which states the same.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eternity

Although the gods have abandoned Tyria, their gifts remain. The oceans and land. The verdant forests, the limitless cosmos beyond—the ultimate love letter to the living, but also a solemn good-bye.

Edited by Sajuuk Khar.1509
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

Except, once again, you ignore other sources that have already been pointed out that support this notion as well. Aka, the previously mentioned "Eternity" legendary item lore which states the same.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eternity

You're right, I forgot about the new Eternity lore since it's not been the center of the discussion. That doesn't really change my main point, though.

Which, "once again", you ignored said main points of my post and focused on a singular piece that paints me in the worst light. Feels like the sole point of your post is just to insult and berate me.

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

You're right, I forgot about the new Eternity lore since it's not been the center of the discussion. That doesn't really change my main point, though.

Which, "once again", you ignored said main points of my post and focused on a singular piece that paints me in the worst light. Feels like the sole point of your post is just to insult and berate me.

Except it does change your main point, and I didn't ignore it. We have proof that she isn't lying, which debunks your entire argument.

Honestly, it feels like the sole point of your posts is to try to shut down anyone with any sort of different ideas then you, and doesn't give us the moment you start trying to brow beat them. Which isn't really any different then back on Guru, where I remember several people calling you out on it back then.

Edited by Sajuuk Khar.1509
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

Except it does change your main point, and I didn't ignore it. We have proof that she isn't lying, which debunks your entire argument.

That wasn't my main point, and it isn't proof.

My main proof, in case it finally gets through to you, is that Kormir says "Statement A, B, C, and D is true" to the Commander, and then in her journal says "Statement B is false", which makes her an unreliable narrator. As you said: "she isn't omniscient or omnipotent". But she's also not reliable.

Just now, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

Honestly, it feels like the sole point of your posts is to try to shut down anyone with any sort of different ideas then you. Which isn't really any different then back on Guru, where I remember several people calling you out on it back then.

And where have I shut down anything anyone said other than you proclaiming "no, it is this and just this"? Which is, indeed, what you're saying. After all "we have proof that [Kormir] isn't lying", despite the fact that we have two contradictory statements by Kormir. Something you continue to never comment on.

The entire time I have been saying you cannot put one source above the other. If I'm "shutting down" anything, it's the viewpoint that there is only one possible interpretation of all existing dialogue from multiple sources.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

That wasn't my main point, and it isn't proof.

My main proof, in case it finally gets through to you, is that Kormir says "Statement A, B, C, and D is true" to the Commander, and then in her journal says "Statement B is false", which makes her an unreliable narrator. As you said: "she isn't omniscient or omnipotent". But she's also not reliable.

And, as pointed out earlier, which you seemingly ignored... yet AGAIN, this argument is only valid if you work under the assumption that said journal entry happened like that day(which nothing suggests), and that nothing could have changed Kormir's mind between then and now(which anything could have), on top of the fact we already have several known instances of inconsistencies in the PoF lore books(a common occurrence in any large scale game such as this), and if you ignore newer information which supports the opposite(which there is no reason too). Or, in short, you have to really reach to think this is a valid argument... and all of this has been pointed out already in this conversation.

1 minute ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

And where have I shut down anything anyone said other than you proclaiming "no, it is this and just this"? Which is, indeed, what you're saying. After all "we have proof that [Kormir] isn't lying", despite the fact that we have two contradictory statements by Kormir. Something you continue to never comment on.

The entire time I have been saying you cannot put one source above the other. If I'm "shutting down" anything, it's the viewpoint that there is only one possible interpretation of all existing dialogue from multiple sources

Constantly not reading the full post of the people you are responding to, intentionally ignoring information presented, making numerous logical leaps, and bad faith assertions(like the laundry list above), and calling anything that disagrees with you some sort of personal attack, is the text book definition of trying to shut people down. Its rushing to find anything, and everything, regardless of the validity of the argument, to get anyone who disagrees with you to stop talking. I don't know why you constantly take this approach to not only myself,but others here as well, but its become rather tiresome.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4