RPG element/storytelling could be more spread out

Anyway,I am not here to do free QA for the team which I already had done by finding some bugs and how to replicate them nor am I here to directly give ANET employees orders on what to do. 

I am just suggesting they could look at certain statistics and make their decisions off that. Whether ANET/NCsoft do well or bad has nothing to do with me.

• Confused 3
7 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Final fantasy advertisement agent spotted .... Maybe?

Recently I notice a large number of final fantasy advertisements in various forums similar to this comment... Could be one of those for all I know

Thank you for your investigation,I am not even working at Square Enix though

On 7/20/2021 at 6:12 PM, Danjorus.2671 said:

I don't think you understand what I am saying,I am saying story for each expansion etc could be a part of the levelling experience. Imagine you have someone buying the expansion and only to realise you can only play on 1 class/character that you have boosted in the story rather than multiple classes/characters, that's not really what a "full R-P-G" game should be about.

You are just attacking someone personally without even understanding the simple meaning behind what the person has said lol.

FFXIV has main story quest and side quest which you can level and the main story contributes to the plot. WoW has story missions/fetch quest which levels you to level 16 before you can level yourself through dungeon. I think RPG element/story should be more distinctive in a MMORPG literally, else what is the point of playing a R-P-G ?

I think you need to learn the game. WoW has what exactly? A text quest that you follow an arrow to a star, kill some wolves who may or may not have pelts, bring them back and you get a mace you can't use?

Here dynamic events replace traditional quests and so the world is more alive. There's more ambient dialogue than most other games I've played.  And what  you interact with is what you see in the world.   See an outpost getting attacked, you don't have to wait for a quest for it, jump in and attack it, as if you were there. That's roleplaying.

Honesty I feel like the definition of RPG is being stretched here, or you're not actually paying attention to the game.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I think you need to learn the game. WoW has what exactly? A text quest that you follow an arrow to a star, kill some wolves who may or may not have pelts, bring them back and you get a mace you can't use?

Here dynamic events replace traditional quests and so the world is more alive. There's more ambient dialogue than most other games I've played.  And what  you interact with is what you see in the world.   See an outpost getting attacked, you don't have to wait for a quest for it, jump in and attack it, as if you were there. That's roleplaying.

Honesty I feel like the definition of RPG is being stretched here, or you're not actually paying attention to the game.

This whole thread has been odd honestlt. Ive played ffiv and..the quests pretty much devolved to go kill x, go rescue x and go deliver x.

The main quest of that game was so spread out i lost interest too and i ended up not even making it to level 30, during a bonus event with double exp.

Not to mention how annoying gearing up was.

3 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

...Yeah, this quickly devolved into FFXIV shilling. Nice.

Im noticing they start out similiar. Vague issues or flat out lies that they then say ffiv and or wow do better either in the main post or a few posts down.

If those games are so much better, why not go play them? I sure dont want gw2 to turn into either of those games as i think they are vastly worse for the playerbase gw2 is marketed towards.

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

No, I think you need to learn the game. It is ok to be a noob or newb. You call it dynamic but the fact is that its the same system just that they planned out a list of things you could do to complete a heart just means that the game does not do executive function planning for you, but most MMOs plan out executive functions for you. And that is not neccessarily a good deviation.

Lol.... you telling me a game that focused on telling you to watch the surrounding scenery for xp has more RPG element than a game like FFXIV or WoW which tells you that you are a hero that needs to go kill certain monsters?FFXIV copied from WoW and they succeed with a working model.You think you do, but you don't

I have finished all the raid/fractal CMs except dhuum, twin largoes and qadim 1. I don't think I need to "learn" the game by playing it actively rather than reading statistics or going through a game design+engineering (real time simulation) course. Most game developers don't even play games as much as I do.

Edited by Danjorus.2671
  • Confused 1
48 minutes ago, Danjorus.2671 said:

No, I think you need to learn the game. It is ok to be a noob or newb. You call it dynamic but the fact is that its the same system just that they planned out a list of things you could do to complete a heart just means that the game does not do executive function planning for you, but most MMOs plan out executive functions for you. And that is not neccessarily a good deviation.

Lol.... you telling me a game that focused on telling you to watch the surrounding scenery for xp has more RPG element than a game like FFXIV or WoW which tells you that you are a hero that needs to go kill certain monsters?FFXIV copied from WoW and they succeed with a working model.You think you do, but you don't

I have finished all the raid/fractal CMs except dhuum, twin largoes and qadim 1. I don't think I need to "learn" the game by playing it actively rather than reading statistics or going through a game design+engineering (real time simulation) course. Most game developers don't even play games as much as I do.

I'm saying that RP Is not a linear path and leveling in quest hub games is linear.  Seeing what's going on an reacting to it is the gold standard of RP. Following an arrow to a star? Not so much.

• Like 2