PvP Build for Ranked

Stardestroyer.7294

Both Power Herald and Shiro Short Bow do fine.  However, they both have substantial learning curves compared to other classes.  Shiro Short Bow is easier to get into and generally is a solid choice as a team fighter, but if you're going against comps with lots of reflects, it can be tough to get full use of.

Both builds are available on Metabattle.com or GodsOfPvP.net with little variation between sites.

• Like 1

Started playing with condi herald in the mini season and it works pretty kitten well.  It used to be great, but I was afraid the Resistance nerf killed it off.  However, it still seems to do well enough.  I just swapped the resistance traits for damaging ones.

On 7/24/2021 at 1:39 AM, Dahkeus.8243 said:

Started playing with condi herald in the mini season and it works pretty kitten well.  It used to be great, but I was afraid the Resistance nerf killed it off.  However, it still seems to do well enough.  I just swapped the resistance traits for damaging ones.

I think the change in Torment (now deals its extra damage when the target is *not* moving) had the bigger effect. Glad to hear it's still working for ya, though.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ASP.8093 said:

I think the change in Torment (now deals its extra damage when the target is *not* moving) had the bigger effect. Glad to hear it's still working for ya, though.

Yea, very true.  I definitely underestimated it until someone on an opposite team was running it and I saw how good it could be.

I think one of the major strengths that helps carry it is how much AoE CC you have.  Teams that can dominate in CC have so much of an advantage on the small death match maps.

Rev is now very weak to condition damage now. With the new patch there is no way to combat the conditions and the healing skills that clear them don't heal that much and are on a very long cool down. The dwarf heal takes a long time to use and it gets stopped  easily by being cc'd. I do okay in 1 vs 1 fights but anything outside of that the rev is now incredibly broken. The class needs to be fixed so it can be used in PVP. It is almost impossible to revive someone during combat because revs are too weak withstand outside pressure. Revs take forever to stomp. Other classes can heal others fast and they get instant stomps or stealth stomps. Rev needs help!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Saltlick.8392 said:

Rev is now very weak to condition damage now. With the new patch there is no way to combat the conditions and the healing skills that clear them don't heal that much and are on a very long cool down. The dwarf heal takes a long time to use and it gets stopped  easily by being cc'd. I do okay in 1 vs 1 fights but anything outside of that the rev is now incredibly broken. The class needs to be fixed so it can be used in PVP. It is almost impossible to revive someone during combat because revs are too weak withstand outside pressure. Revs take forever to stomp. Other classes can heal others fast and they get instant stomps or stealth stomps. Rev needs help!!!

Wooooah, hold up there. Outside the resistance changes (Which not just Rev is the one suffering of.) Revenant is far from being in a bad position outside Mallyx or Renegade skills. There are severals ways that Revenant can exceed which other professions can't do the same with. I recommend that you take the pieces and check out Revenant further before concluding so much.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 5:59 PM, Saltlick.8392 said:

Mallyx rev may not be near-invincible to condi damage like it used to, but it's still fine against it and it's still better at handling them than Power Herald or Shiro Ren, which have been meta strong before the resistance change.

And rev doesn't need to be strong at reviving.  You're much better served by CCing enemies while your teammate revives or by securing a kill to rally them.

Rev is fine at stomping.  Shiro ren brings stab and Herald has blind to counter your basic downed skill CCs.  Even then, it's usually better to just cleave, which is something rev does even better than stomping.

On 7/27/2021 at 12:59 AM, Saltlick.8392 said:

Rev is now very weak to condition damage now. With the new patch there is no way to combat the conditions and the healing skills that clear them don't heal that much and are on a very long cool down.

Herald with Jalis + Glint and sword + shield can be tailored to have insane condition cleansing and damage reduction. I've fought condi Eles, Mesmers, Guardians and even Necros over a control point and no matter if I die or win: I always break the enemy point and they are forced (or cced) to leave the node even if they end killing me. Cleansing in weapon swap, legend swap, two cleanses in the shield, five in the Jalis heal...  That's 9 cleanses every 25 seconds and without using a staff, and yes some classes can spam a lot more conditions, but you also have evades, vigor, blocks, i-frames...   Of course you lose damage and mobility as the result of those choices, but if power Herald with Shiro + double sword had the same cleansing capabilities while retaining mobility and damage wouldn't be fair...

• Confused 1