question about PVP legendary armor

JUN YANG.4328

Hi Guys

I am checking on gw2 wiki and try to understand the receipt of  pvp legendary armor.

on the last section said " A piece of either Ardent Glorious  / Glorious Hero / Misiforged Glorious )

so is that mean if i use Ardent Glorious amor to make legendary i dont need to reach rank 100? and have the mistforged Glorious outfit (shining look)

or is  ardent glorious amor with legendary status? this is so confuse 

Ardent Glorious armor (-> legendary crafting)

• Ascended BASIC version (normal looking, NO EFFECTS)
  • Requirements: NO 

Mistforged Glorious Hero's armor (-> legendary crafting)

• Ascended "EXTENDED" version (shining look, WITH EFFECTS)
  • Requirement: PvP Rank 100
  • Requirement: An equivalent Ardent Glorious armor wardrobe skin must be unlocked

Glorious Hero's armor (-> legendary crafting)

• The "Glorious Hero's armor" is basically the same as the "Mistforged Glorious Hero's armor" (i.e. the look) with the difference that the armor is called differently and can only be obtained via the monthly automated tournaments.

And yes, it is quite confusing at first. 🙃 Only the type of armor changes after crafting (ascended to legendary), the look remains the same (as you bought the armor parts from the vendor). I hope you can now better understand the differences with my listing or explanation.

Source, wiki: Legendary PvP armor crafting

Source, wiki: Acquisition, costs

Edited by Metzie.3012

thanks guys. i got the idea now. but seriously why need so many version for pvp legendary. and Rank 100 is a real hard basket. it will take a long time to reach. ( I currently @ rank 52) 

The wvw legendary armor had reduce requirement from rank 2000 into rank 500. why not for pvp?😨

2 hours ago, JUN YANG.4328 said:

thanks guys. i got the idea now. but seriously why need so many version for pvp legendary. and Rank 100 is a real hard basket. it will take a long time to reach. ( I currently @ rank 52) 

The wvw legendary armor had reduce requirement from rank 2000 into rank 500. why not for pvp?😨

Reaching PvP rank 100 goes faster than WvW rank 500

2 hours ago, JUN YANG.4328 said:

Also consider that once you craft your legendaries, you wont need to farm gear for anything in this game ever again. It is supposed to be a huge goal to work towards. Rank 100 is already a joke. With you already being 52, you can get it in less than 2 months if you play 10+ matches a day.

Edited by Bazsi.2734

On 7/16/2021 at 5:58 PM, Bazsi.2734 said:

Also consider that once you craft your legendaries, you wont need to farm gear for anything in this game ever again. It is supposed to be a huge goal to work towards. Rank 100 is already a joke. With you already being 52, you can get it in less than 2 months if you play 10+ matches a day.

10+ per day is too much for me.😂 i use to play around 3~5 per day. but after i got the ascension i only play 1~3 for daily reward. in this case i think i will go with the wvw one. due to i already at rank 1010. at least i only need to hunt resource.  

Can someone please either link or tell me the requirements of buying the legendary rank 100 transmog besides the obvious RANK 100 req ?  Mistforged Glorious Hero's armor ?

Someone told me each piece costs gold but I didn't believe him.  Does it have an additional cost like more ascended shards or anything else ?

Appreciate it .

2 hours ago, offence.4726 said:

Can someone please either link or tell me the requirements of buying the legendary rank 100 transmog besides the obvious RANK 100 req ?  Mistforged Glorious Hero's armor ?

Someone told me each piece costs gold but I didn't believe him.  Does it have an additional cost like more ascended shards or anything else ?

Appreciate it .

Costs ascended shard of glory and grandmaster marks for the 100 rank PVP ones , so it isn't gold directly but ectos and grandmaster marks cost money to obtain

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistforged_Glorious_Hero's_armor

Edited by Infusion.7149

7 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Costs ascended shard of glory and grandmaster marks for the 100 rank PVP ones , so it isn't gold directly but ectos and grandmaster marks cost money to obtain

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistforged_Glorious_Hero's_armor

Yes see I know everything there is to it about the costs it's 1200 ascended shards for the ascended precursor and another 2400 ascended shards for the matrixes to craft the legendary set and the grandmaster marks are there on the vendor . But I wanted a screenshot of what would the requirements look like when someone is rank 100 and has access to see the cost of the rank 100 transmog.

That wiki is very dated.

9 minutes ago, offence.4726 said:

Yes see I know everything there is to it about the costs it's 1200 ascended shards for the ascended precursor and another 2400 ascended shards for the matrixes to craft the legendary set and the grandmaster marks are there on the vendor . But I wanted a screenshot of what would the requirements look like when someone is rank 100 and has access to see the cost of the rank 100 transmog.

That wiki is very dated.

It isn't dated. The armor requirements have not changed.

See pricing on vendor:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_Armor_League_Vendor

For example:
Mistforged Glorious Hero's Breastplate Heavy coat = 400 ascended shards of glory + 4 grandmaster armorsmith marks + 250 shard of glory + 50 ectos

• Like 1

On 7/16/2021 at 12:17 AM, Metzie.3012 said:

Glorious Hero's armor (-> legendary crafting)

• […] and can only be obtained via the monthly automated tournaments.

Why do I keep seeing people say this when you can buy these armor pieces from a vendor? Am I missing something?

edit: I just realized my mistake, I’ve been reading these comments thinking of the mistforged version… whoops…

Edited by Hot Sauce.2867

19 minutes ago, Hot Sauce.2867 said:

Why do I keep seeing people say this when you can buy these armor pieces from a vendor? Am I missing something?

edit: I just realized my mistake, I’ve been reading these comments thinking of the most forged version… whoops…

first what you need to do is unlocked  Glorious from reward track chest, and then spend some resource to purchase Arident Glorious or Mistforged  Glourious hero's from NPC. but it only an ascended. that it just a precursor. then use all other resource from the legendary recipe  to make a legendary.

to buy the  Mistforged Glourious hero's ( the one with visual effect ) from NPC it require Rank 100, same theory for wvw

This is really dumb,  who's gona make a legendary status  by using lots resource with same look as the ascended. 

Edited by JUN YANG.4328

33 minutes ago, JUN YANG.4328 said:

first what you need to do is unlocked  Glorious from reward track chest, and then spend some resource to purchase Arident Glorious or Mistforged  Glourious hero's from NPC. but it only an ascended. that it just a precursor. then use all other resource from the legendary recipe  to make a legendary.

to buy the  Mistforged Glourious hero's ( the one with visual effect ) from NPC it require Rank 100, same theory for wvw

This is really dumb,  who's gona make a legendary status  by using lots resource with same look as the ascended. 

Someone that plays PVP a lot and doesn't raid.
One of my friends plays PVP every season in platinum (extra pips) , doesn't raid but does WvW , and has PVP legendary armor.

• Thanks 1