New path to legendary armor?

1 minute ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Just do zerging WvW, it is practically what you do in OW PvE, you run around in autoattack. 

It will take time, but pve armor does too. Even if anet does the thing you are requesting you will need specific time gated items, check the PoF gift of exploration. 

We'll see what it's like after Alliances, but at present during the times I can play wvw there ARE no zergs on my server.  We are consistently crushed in my time zones no matter what I attempt to do.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

We'll see what it's like after Alliances, but at present during the times I can play wvw there ARE no zergs on my server.  We are consistently crushed in my time zones no matter what I attempt to do.

That should not worry you, you only need skirmish tickets which are gained by time spend. In fact you are looking to find maps where you get the buff of Outnumbered because it gives faster reward track ( +5 pips ) so in your case you are in the perfect situation. 

You only need to keep your participation over level 3 to gain full pips. 

Once you completed Diamond chest once you can leave WvW until next week and start farming materials in PvE as WvW is very lacklustre for that anyway. You don't get more skirmish tickets after completed the diamond chest once anyway. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

That should not worry you, you only need skirmish tickets which are gained by time spend. In fact you are looking to find maps where you get the buff of Outnumbered because it gives faster reward track ( +5 pips ) so in your case you are in the perfect situation. 

You only need to keep your participation over level 3 to gain full pips. 

Once you completed Diamond chest once you can leave WvW until next week and start farming materials in PvE as WvW is very lacklustre for that anyway. You don't get more skirmish tickets after completed the diamond chest once anyway. 

Ok, wvw actually isn't as bad as I initially thought for the armor, but it does require minimum 36 full reward track runs to be dedicated just to getting the precursors and enough Gifts of Battle to make a full suit of each weight.  I clean forgot that it was the backpack, not the legendary armor, that had a wvw rank requirement tied to it. (Unless you want the Mistforged version, then the armor does too.)

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

Ok, wvw actually isn't as bad as I initially thought for the armor, but it does require minimum 36 full reward track runs to be dedicated just to getting the precursors and enough Gifts of Battle to make a full suit of each weight.  I clean forgot that it was the backpack, not the legendary armor, that had a wvw rank requirement tied to it. (Unless you want the Mistforged version, then the armor does too.)

Where did you get those 36 full reward tracks from? Skrimish claim tickets are aquired through pip rewards, which are independent of reward tracks. According to the wiki it takes 22 weeks to get enough tickets if you play enough to get all of them each week (assuming your goal is any legendary armor, so no mistforged skins in that calculation). You will easily be able to get your 6 gifts of battle in those weeks, too.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

What @Rasimir.6239 is saying it is correct. You need only 6 gift of battle which you can fulfill during the time you need to get the time gated tickets. 

Skirmish chests and reward tracks are separated and can be acquired simultaneous. Think total time will be around 22 weeks to get the required items.  Check the Wiki for more info, it is very helpful in that regard. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

Apologies, I was unclear.  That's 12 for each weight set, 36 to get a full set of all three weight classes.  18 to get a full set of 18 precursors, 18 to get a full set of 18 gifts of battle.

You are still mixing things that are not dependent on each other.

Gift of Battle is a WvW reward track reward. Reward tracks progress every five minutes depending on your parcitipation tier. With max participation and without any buffs it takes roughly 8 hours of gametime to finish one reward track, but that can be considerably shortened by stacking appropriate buffs.

Skrimish claim tickets are rewarded through Skrimish reward tracks, which are independant of WvW reward tracks. They progress by pips earned, which also happen every 5 minutes, but depend on your server's rank as well as your own wvw rank (plus a few extras, see wiki) rather than your personal participation tier. You can earn a max of 365 skrimish claim tickets per week, and need them to both buy the precursor armor and some of the materials needed to upgrade that to legendary. These give a fixed minimum of 22 weeks per armor weight for a full set of legendary wvw armor.

You can gain anywhere from 3 to 22 pips per 5 minutes (see wiki for the breakdown of what gives how many) and need 1450 pips per week to gain the full amount of tickets. The gifts of battle are a by-product you can aquire in parallel to gathering the tickets needed for your armor. They don't figure in the calculation of min time needed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Hmm... I was wondering, what about adding an npc that trade your "useless" ascended pieces for some LI/Tickets to the limit of how many you have already got in the week?

Example: this week you complete the gold WvW chest for a total of 275 skirmishing tickets, so this week you can get up to another 275 trading your unused ascended pieces.

That way we have an use for the "junk" ascended chests we now get in the game and, for the ones that need the armors a speed up of their aquisition.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, hash.8462 said:

Hmm... I was wondering, what about adding an npc that trade your "useless" ascended pieces for some LI/Tickets to the limit of how many you have already got in the week?

Example: this week you complete the gold WvW chest for a total of 275 skirmishing tickets, so this week you can get up to another 275 trading your unused ascended pieces.

That way we have an use for the "junk" ascended chests we now get in the game and, for the ones that need the armors a speed up of their aquisition.

Don't the ascended WvW pieces give a change to earn the expensive infusions? i am talking about  Salvaged Greatness (Armor) or   Salvaged Puissance (Weapons). 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Don't the ascended WvW pieces give a change to earn the expensive infusions? i am talking about  Salvaged Greatness (Armor) or   Salvaged Puissance (Weapons). 

Any ascended piece of that type can grant it, with "has a very small drop rate" as the wiki says.

But I'm not a gambler, my luck is si bad that I get more by selling them at 1g to the merchant npc 🙂 .

A decent use of them would not be bad.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, hash.8462 said:

Any ascended piece of that type can grant it, with "has a very small drop rate" as the wiki says.

But I'm not a gambler, my luck is si bad that I get more by selling them at 1g to the merchant npc 🙂 .

A decent use of them would not be bad.

I dunno i don't think it is necessary to give any rewards for the ascended pieces. 1 gold for each seems also fine, although if you are thinking in crafting other legendary pieces you may need the dark matter globs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anduriell.6280 said:

I dunno i don't think it is necessary to give any rewards for the ascended pieces. 1 gold for each seems also fine, although if you are thinking in crafting other legendary pieces you may need the dark matter globs. 

I already have the legendary items I need, but since the author of the discussion (and also other players) would like to get them, I was proposing a way to ease the process without completely removing it. I think that an alternative way to recycle ascended pieces that way wouldn't be bad.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

So, I notice the first comment was regarding difficulty and when shown how easy it can be the issue switched to time consumption. I'm not a dev so I can't guarantee, but I would bet ANY additional sets of legendary armor will also come along with either a significant skill requirement OR massive time requirement. I feel like that would be inevitable. Either way good luck to you! You can do it!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Zalavaaris.5329 said:

So, I notice the first comment was regarding difficulty and when shown how easy it can be the issue switched to time consumption. I'm not a dev so I can't guarantee, but I would bet ANY additional sets of legendary armor will also come along with either a significant skill requirement OR massive time requirement. I feel like that would be inevitable. Either way good luck to you! You can do it!

It's less about time consumption and more about what you're being required to do with that time.  I don't MIND the time investment, I MIND the really restrictive nature of how you're being told to spend that time.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

6 hours ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

You are still mixing things that are not dependent on each other.

Gift of Battle is a WvW reward track reward. Reward tracks progress every five minutes depending on your parcitipation tier. With max participation and without any buffs it takes roughly 8 hours of gametime to finish one reward track, but that can be considerably shortened by stacking appropriate buffs.

Skrimish claim tickets are rewarded through Skrimish reward tracks, which are independant of WvW reward tracks. They progress by pips earned, which also happen every 5 minutes, but depend on your server's rank as well as your own wvw rank (plus a few extras, see wiki) rather than your personal participation tier. You can earn a max of 365 skrimish claim tickets per week, and need them to both buy the precursor armor and some of the materials needed to upgrade that to legendary. These give a fixed minimum of 22 weeks per armor weight for a full set of legendary wvw armor.

You can gain anywhere from 3 to 22 pips per 5 minutes (see wiki for the breakdown of what gives how many) and need 1450 pips per week to gain the full amount of tickets. The gifts of battle are a by-product you can aquire in parallel to gathering the tickets needed for your armor. They don't figure in the calculation of min time needed.

Yes, but before you can buy the ascended versions you have to acquire the exotic versions at least once each through the reward track.  I have all the medium unlocked, all the light minus shoulders unlocked, and one piece of the heavy unlocked.  So that would mean I, personally, still have to do that one reward track 6 more times just to finish unlocking the ability to purchase each of those armor bases.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just out of curiosity did you enjoy the collections for Vision/Aurora and the accountbound gen 2 weapons and gen 1 precursors? Keep in mind the adventures and jumping puzzles , which unlike raiding you can't get carried at all on adventures and chalice of tears JP needs multiple mesmer portals rather than just teleport to friend. That kind of content is horrid for anyone that is of the older age-groups.

That's essentially what an openworld legendary would be like. I still see people complaining about Skyscale collection these days and that has the pungent skyscale treats as a skipping mechanism.

Given the amount of complaints people had over achievements that involve repeating metas 50 or 100 times, Marionette, raid-lite content such as the Runic Cape, Jormag Eye Infusions, etc. you really need to think about whether it is a great idea.

In addition, you need to go into WvW for gift of battle so you might as well learn the mode. PVP is simply just doing it as there is no penalty for losing : you still maintain progress but it just is slightly slower. In PVP you're always pushed toward 50% win rate by the matchmaker regardless of how good you are.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

Yes, but before you can buy the ascended versions you have to acquire the exotic versions at least once each through the reward track.  I have all the medium unlocked, all the light minus shoulders unlocked, and one piece of the heavy unlocked.  So that would mean I, personally, still have to do that one reward track 6 more times just to finish unlocking the ability to purchase each of those armor bases.

Ah, now I understand what you're talking about. Since the posts before yours were talking about weeks required I automatically assumed your 18/36 were weeks, too, when you were actually talking about wvw reward tracks instead. Sorry about the confusion.

I still stand by my previous point: the limiting factor is skrimish claim tickets. It takes almost 4 weeks of max tickets per individual piece of armor, and the time needed to play in those weeks is plenty to finish more than the two reward tracks you need for one piece of armor. The only situation where reward tracks would turn out to be the limiting factor were if you already had plenty of skrimish tickets from playing lots of wvw in the past, but neglected to unlock the skins during the time you saved those tickets.