50 minutes ago, kolumbia.5409 said:

Oh yes, lets take a look at the collections for all the PvE leggies:

Weapons - mostly open world

Ad Infinitum - mostly fractals

Aurora/Vision/Prismatic Champions Inheritance - mostly story

Coalescence - mostly raids

Armor - mostly raids

Aquabreather - not existing

By your logic we should also get a way to get all weapons, backpiece and all trinkets from doing 10 man content right?

You have not read any of the multiple other threads on the issue, did you? Because that argument is always brought up, and the answer is always the same - and it's "sure, no problem". the same if you change "10-man content" to "SPvP" or "WvW"

Greater accessibility and less artificial limitations for legenadry acquisition paths would be a good thing overall, not just for one single case.

50 minutes ago, kolumbia.5409 said:

I still don't understand, why people in MMORPG demand that there is a way to get endgame gear from doing something other than the "hardest" content in the game, but never advocate that there is a way for raiders to get trinkets/weapons/backpiece from doing raids.

Because they are not raiders, so why they should actively advocate for raiders? I mean, if any raider thinks it is a good idea, they can always ask for it themselves, don't you agree? Or do you think that the raider community cannot do anything on their own and needs casuals to speak up for them?

But back to OP: i have not answered the poll, because it is asked in such a way that excludes a lot of options. Yes, i am for a PvE path that excludes raid content. No, i do not think that things like having unique skin or not, or not caring about difficulty are irrelevant.

What i am after is a path a majority of PvE players can follow (even if in reality, like with other legendaries, most won't ever make it to the end). And, since we're talking about GW2 and PvE, visuals are a huge part of legendary desirability - for many players probably even greater than just QoL features.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

51 minutes ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

actually think there should be a way for you to get that through only 10 man content and gold, if that's the content you want to play.  I think pvp, wvw, raids, and open world should each have a route to a full suit of legendary gear within each type of content.

great so we actually agree on most. Maybe next time similar thread emerges the name will actually reflect that. 

51 minutes ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

What you're not getting then, is that the core concept of GW2 from its inception was that it was never supposed to be the gear that made the player or the character.  Legendary weapons are better than exotics, yes, but back when that was the binary for endgame content the difference wasn't big enough to justify the effort.  Legendary gear was about bragging rights once upon a time.  As they've changed that, as it's offered greater and greater utility, if they want to keep the spirit of the gear not making the player or the character, they need to offer more options on how to get the gear.

the gear still doesn't make the player/character in my eyes. Legendary gear is better then exotic, but is the same as ascended which you can get from everywhere (excluding dungeons kinda). The utility: free stat changing, free transmog, easy access to them, free upgrade swap. all of those have paid alternative in form of ascended gear. I would be much happier if anet helps the open world enjoyers into raids. To actually unite open world and instanced PvE

2 minutes ago, kolumbia.5409 said:

I would be much happier if anet helps the open world enjoyers into raids. To actually unite open world and instanced PvE

Problem: I detest raids on every conceivable level.  They've destroyed or damaged the community of every MMO I've ever played, and I'm very tired of seeing them.  Therefor, no matter how enticing you make them, I will not take part.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, kolumbia.5409 said:

I would be much happier if anet helps the open world enjoyers into raids. To actually unite open world and instanced PvE

You would like that. Most players would not, as it can be seen by the low popularity of the raid content.

While the threads about how people cannot get into raids surface really frequently, the main issue is simply that most players do not like raids as they are now. In order to make significant number of players enter that content, you would have to change raids into something raiders would probably end up not being comfortable with.

The best you might possibly hope for would be easy mode raids - but without any real hope that players from easy mode would move in significant numbers to normal mode eventually.

Raids (and the increased challenge levels) are just not something most GW2 players are interested in. And no amount of effort on Anet's part is going to change that.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

Problem: I detest raids on every conceivable level.  They've destroyed or damaged the community of every MMO I've ever played, and I'm very tired of seeing them.  Therefor, no matter how enticing you make them, I will not take part.

Not even a exclusive legendary armour with stat swapping QoL and transforming skins that took ages to create was enough to entice most players into that type of content.

Edited by Raknar.4735
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Raknar.4735 said:

Not even a exclusive legendary armour with stat swapping QoL and transforming skins that took ages to create was enough to entice players into that type of content.

Oh, it was enough to entice players into that content (as can be seen by gw2efficiency statistics of LIs, with visible cutoffs at 150 and 750 LI range - the amount for first and all 3 sets). The problem is that it was a significant number as far as raid community was concerned, but still not big enough to keep raids afloat. Oh, and, also, as soon as those people got what they wanted, they immediately stopped raiding.

It was never a good solution longterm anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Oh, it was enough to entice players into that content (as can be seen by gw2efficiency statistics of LIs, with visible cutoffs at 150 and 750 LI range - the amount for first and all 3 sets). The problem is that it was a significant number as far as raid community was concerned, but still not big enough to keep raids afloat. Oh, and, also, as soon as those people got what they wanted, they immediately stopped raiding.

It was never a good solution longterm anyway.

Yeah, i edited my post adding „most“ to players, mistake on my side about what i wanted to actually say.

But yeah, the LI cutoffs just make me interpret it as those players not raiding out of fun.

10 hours ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

I actually think there should be a way for you to get that through only 10 man content and gold, if that's the content you want to play.  I think pvp, wvw, raids, and open world should each have a route to a full suit of legendary gear within each type of content.

Would you have ever said this on your own had they not brought it up?

• Confused 1

Nah, if you don't want to complete the required content and just camp OW events, you're fine with camping ascended gear as well. Legendaries don't bring power and don't lock any content behind them. Do what you need to do to get the rewards or low-effort in ascended gear (not to mention you're just as good in exotics in OW), don't see the problem here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

Ah and lets not forget that legendary armor already has a pve path and it's the one you don't want to do, because too much effort. How do we know that's the reasoning? From the thread with the same title made by the same person, where he repeatedly wrote about being able to get legendary armor, but he doesn't want to do it because it's either "too much effort" or "takes too much time" 🙄 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Personally I always had an issue with buying your way to gear. I think a hard long track of open world achievements bosses collections thrown in some hard dungeon paths to complete and get items to restore interest in them, and it would be a perfect true pve legendary set that is made for the majority that plays open world.

What I see when people rail against this kind of thing, is the sour grapes of people who paid ridic amounts or did the long wvw slog to get theirs. Open world grind can be just as hard to get done. Being a snob because ..well you didnt do it my way, is silly in a game like this.

Edited by Zuldari.3940
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Sure but not "regardless of if it has special skins and regardless of difficulty to make it". PvE doesn't even have an associated ascended armor set aside from the raid one but raid skins should stay raid exclusive. So at least they should get a multi tiered skin set like sPvP and WvW have with the option to upgrade both "tier 2" and "tier 3" to legendary. I also wouldn't mind a legendary set for FotM and SAB. 

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I feel like this is something they will add tbh, probably with EoD. Currently PvP, WvW, and raids give legendary armor. Only thing missing is open world, and there's honestly no reason it shouldn't, plus it's easy money for Anet if you get the super casuals interested in the legendary market.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/29/2021 at 10:29 PM, Esquilax.3491 said:

I feel like this is something they will add tbh, probably with EoD. Currently PvP, WvW, and raids give legendary armor.

Nah, probably not. But there will be some more of the instanced 10-player content so you can slowly stop being afraid of playing mmorpgs with other people in squads, so then you won't have a reason to pretend there's not pve legendary armor when there already is one 😛  

Edited by Sobx.1758
missed "to pretend" part
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

No, we shouldn't have access to legendary equipment without any form of challenge.

raids ,fractals and strikes (not even sure for this last one) are the only pve missions with a bit of a challenge. If we do not incorporate them to unlock legendary armor, it will resume to spam 1 in open world  and farm as usual

there is nothing legendary about it.

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

Tell you what i would be fine with you having a second way to get pve legy amor if:

1 it didnt have raid unique skins because that is the reward for playing raids and wvw and pvp dont have those.

2 it cost you like 3k gold per armor piece, lets call it a non raider tax. 

• Confused 2

30 minutes ago, radda.8920 said:

No, we shouldn't have access to legendary equipment without any form of challenge.

raids ,fractals and strikes (not even sure for this last one) are the only pve missions with a bit of a challenge. If we do not incorporate them to unlock legendary armor, it will resume to spam 1 in open world  and farm as usual

there is nothing legendary about it.

So you're in favor of rescinding every legendary weapon in the game?

Also who said anything about a lack of challenge?  You REALLY think 10 man content is the only challenging content in the game?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, DirtyDan.4759 said:

If you're not willing to do raids, pvp, wvw and strike missions (not that the last one is an option) for legendary armor you propably don't need the armor in the first place.

Get the word 'need' out of the conversation.  We're playing a game, we don't NEED any of this.  We're talking about making it more enjoyable for more people.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2