New path to legendary armor?

5 minutes ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

Get the word 'need' out of the conversation.  We're playing a game, we don't NEED any of this.  We're talking about making it more enjoyable for more people.

It doesn't matter it's about the game, there are certain "needs" in regards of ingame content. For example, to play high tier fractals you NEED ascended gear. To complete certain content you might NEED some tier of equipment and/or ability to play the game while understanding its mechanics. You might NEED mounts/gliding/masteries to get access or to be able to complete parts of the game. And just like that, you don't need legendary gear for anything in the game, so there's no reason to make it easier/faster to acquire. It being a game is irrelevant.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 4

11 hours ago, Raknar.4735 said:

Yeah, i edited my post adding „most“ to players, mistake on my side about what i wanted to actually say.

But yeah, the LI cutoffs just make me interpret it as those players not raiding out of fun.

That's probably because for most players, raids are only stressful, and not fun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

Get the word 'need' out of the conversation.  We're playing a game, we don't NEED any of this.  We're talking about making it more enjoyable for more people.

no we are talking about lazy people who cant put in the effort and just want the reward for nothing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

20 minutes ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

Attention?

Emphasis. (If anyone is seeking attention, it is you for asking me such a silly question in the first place.)

No one who has worked hard for their legendary gear is in favor of an "easy path for the lazy."

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Emphasis. (If anyone is seeking attention, it is you for asking me such a silly question in the first place.)

No one who has worked hard for their legendary gear is in favor of an "easy path for the lazy."

Fine, then you're not the one I'm asking.  Also nobody ever said anything about it being easy or for the lazy, that's what you interpreted.  And people like you are exactly why I'm firmly in opposition to raid content on a fundamental level.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

Fine, then you're not the one I'm asking. 

That's not how it works -you've already asked him, specifically. 😆

Also nobody ever said anything about it being easy or for the lazy, that's what you interpreted. 

Based on your posts in the first thread with the same title you've made in the past, it's a correct interpretation.

And people like you are exactly why I'm firmly in opposition to raid content on a fundamental level.

I wonder what "people like you" means here. "People that think you should play through the content to get the rewards"? Why would that have anything to do with you not playing raids? It's almost as if you're just really struggling to find someone to blame for the choices you make. 🙄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

37 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

That's not how it works -you've already asked him, specifically. 😆

Based on your posts in the first thread with the same title you've made in the past, it's a correct interpretation.

I wonder what "people like you" means here. "People that think you should play through the content to get the rewards"? Why would that have anything to do with you not playing raids? It's almost as if you're just really struggling to find someone to blame for the choices you make. 🙄

I mean if someone with the op's attitude joined my raid squad  i would instant kick him and permablock his behind 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

So you're in favor of rescinding every legendary weapon in the game?

Also who said anything about a lack of challenge?  You REALLY think 10 man content is the only challenging content in the game?

yes of course

I have always found it ridiculous to have access to legendaries only with the grind whereas originally in the gw2 manifesto in 2012, it was clearly said that this game was not intended for that ... it's sad.

And yes if we only talk about pve, since the nerf of HOT maps, there are only raids and fractal CMs that are a real '' challenge''.

Even former good  bosses like tequalt don't even have the slightest difficulty anymore since the increase of the player dps (with Specializations)

Edited by radda.8920
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, radda.8920 said:

yes of course

I have always found it ridiculous to have access to legendaries only with the grind whereas originally in the gw2 manifesto in 2012, it was clearly said that this game was not intended for that ... it's sad.

And yes if we only talk about pve, since the nerf of HOT maps, there are only raids and fractal CMs that are a real '' challenge''.

Even formergood  bosses like tequalt don't even have the slightest difficulty anymore since the increase of the player dps (with Specializations)

Well at least you're consistent, and I am thoroughly pleased that you will NEVER get your way because that's a psychotic concept.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

Well at least you're consistent, and I am thoroughly pleased that you will NEVER get your way because that's a psychotic concept.

Why? it's like that in almost every mmo

the challenges of gw2 are already ridiculous next to most games on the market

IF you have to farm to have access to an Ascended weapon ok ... but the legendary must deserve his name and be accessible only to few players 

it seems logical to me since it is the ultimate reward

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, radda.8920 said:

Why? it's like that in almost every mmo

the challenges of gw2 are already ridiculous next to most games on the market

IF you have to farm to have access to an Ascended weapon ok ... but the legendary must deserve his name and be accessible only to few players 

it seems logical to me since it is the ultimate reward

Because GW2 is explicitly NOT like every other MMO.  It's the reason it's still pumping almost 9 years down the line.  You want to play a game where the loot works like that?  Fine.  But it was never GW2.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, Endilbiach.4132 said:

Because GW2 is explicitly NOT like every other MMO.  It's the reason it's still pumping almost 9 years down the line.  You want to play a game where the loot works like that?  Fine.  But it was never GW2.

I don't see the problem if my logic only applies to legendaries objects

Who is impressed when they see a legendary weapon or armor? no one anymore since it is accessible to almost everyone, it no longer has any rarity and that is why it loses all it's interest

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

Actually you are wrong gw2 was meant for casuals only but then people rightfully complained about no challenge and we got hot with increased difficulty and it was like that ever onward raids , fractals etc its is no longer the super casual game you think it is.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, radda.8920 said:

I don't see the problem if my logic only applies to legendaries objects

Who is impressed when they see a legendary weapon or armor? no one anymore since it is accessible to almost everyone, it no longer has any rarity and that is why it loses all it's interest

Big true and what the op cant seem to understand best rewards must be gated behind effort and skill.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

Actually you are wrong gw2 was meant for casuals only but then people rightfully complained about no challenge and we got hot with increased difficulty and it was like that ever onward raids , fractals etc its is no longer the super casual game you think it is.

That turned out well.

Hot zones got nerfed, raids ended up being played so little they dropped making new ones. Their plan to funnel more folks into them didnt work to well, most players stop doing them after they get the LI required for 1 or all 3 sets and then the population drops again.

Fractals arent all that challenging unless you do CMs, which i actually like that idea.

They could have pleased everyone with raids honestly had they just had some form of difficutly control. 3 or 4 difficulties would have gone pretty far i think to making raids more appealing to everyone.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

That turned out well.

Hot zones got nerfed, raids ended up being played so little they dropped making new ones. Their plan to funnel more folks into them didnt work to well, most players stop doing them after they get the LI required for 1 or all 3 sets and then the population drops again.

Fractals arent all that challenging unless you do CMs, which i actually like that idea.

They could have pleased everyone with raids honestly had they just had some form of difficutly control. 3 or 4 difficulties would have gone pretty far i think to making raids more appealing to everyone.

I think its more of a problem with the gw2 player base then raids being "hard" or hot being hard, since the mentality of casual only infests most players and they dont want to improve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

I think its more of a problem with the gw2 player base then raids being "hard" or hot being hard, since the mentality of casual only infests most players and they dont want to improve.

I dont think it is, at least not fully, there are of course players who dont want to get better.

If anything the last weeks have shown me its that theres a ton of stuff thats not explained well, or at all to new players. I was walking someone through a build(level 80, ~2kAP), and the stuff they didnt realize they could do, or what skills worjed best with their build, or what the different types of CC are, and when to use then. It was mind boggling to me and a reminder that this game does a terrible job of explaining mechanics.

Then you have players like my mom, who plays way more than me(33k ap, good lord). I had to sit down and make a build for her that supported both longbow, and shortbow, because she has hand issues and cant keep up with a melee rotation.

She does well enough, not the best possible, but she doesnt need to be carried either. The average player i believe is this way.

Then theres players who cant get better, not for lack of not trying, but they are doing their best, and wont be able to do better, ever. They run the builds, they run the equipment, but they cant get it right.

And then there are players like me who are full capable of doing the content and even enjoy it, but struggle to get into groups due to time. I cant sit at my computer anymore for more than an hour at a time before having to do something. Raids as they are, are horrible for this group of folks, as one encounter can take more than an hour.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

I dont think it is, at least not fully, there are of course players who dont want to get better.

If anything the last weeks have shown me its that theres a ton of stuff thats not explained well, or at all to new players. I was walking someone through a build(level 80, ~2kAP), and the stuff they didnt realize they could do, or what skills worjed best with their build, or what the different types of CC are, and when to use then. It was mind boggling to me and a reminder that this game does a terrible job of explaining mechanics.

Then you have players like my mom, who plays way more than me(33k ap, good lord). I had to sit down and make a build for her that supported both longbow, and shortbow, because she has hand issues and cant keep up with a melee rotation.

She does well enough, not the best possible, but she doesnt need to be carried either. The average player i believe is this way.

Then theres players who cant get better, not for lack of not trying, but they are doing their best, and wont be able to do better, ever. They run the builds, they run the equipment, but they cant get it right.

And then there are players like me who are full capable of doing the content and even enjoy it, but struggle to get into groups due to time. I cant sit at my computer anymore for more than an hour at a time before having to do something. Raids as they are, are horrible for this group of folks, as one encounter can take more than an hour.

You make some good points, i agree that the gw2's dodge in this circle doesnt explain the game mechanics properly and with most of the other thigs you said. 

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

You make some good points, i agree that the gw2's dodge in this circle doesnt explain the game mechanics properly and with most of the other thigs you said. 

This is the dig for many of us though ... they are good, but they are not new points. They are continually made in threads like this one, by many players, including me. They are typically ignored and dismissed. I mean, lots of people not doing raids isn't really a problem, at least to not the detriment of those people. That's why I don't understand the 'sanctity' of the raid circle by those who are in it. 

The fact is that the way raids are implemented in this game does not make them accessible or engaged by most players. There are LOTS of reasons most people don't do raids so no one should just be saying 'oh those lazy casuals don't want to improve'. If those reasons prevent people from accessing content, it also prevents them from accessing the rewards from that content. That's not a problem by itself (this is an MMO afterall), but it is a massive missed opportunity for Anet to get many people engaged with long term OW game commitments. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

49 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

How would you implement an Legy Armor in OW-only?

• Confused 1