New path to legendary armor?

5 minutes ago, Zalavaaris.5329 said:

By restrictive do you mean having to do only 1 type of content? What I've seen some people do is they will do a variety of content. I have a friend who made 2 pieces of each set to save time. It worked for them and they had fun with it because the raid armor didn't take as much skill or effort. They just farmed the first couple wings in pugs. (They did pay for the achievement unlocks though). But hey whatever works to reach the goal I guess lol

...honestly that's a big brain move right there, and I dig it.  Doesn't address the core of my issue which is players who don't want to engage in any of the three playmodes, but I still dig it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

...honestly that's a big brain move right there, and I dig it.  Doesn't address the core of my issue which is players who don't want to engage in any of the three playmodes, but I still dig it.

What would you think would be a good solution? What does your ideal set of legendary armor look like? (Not visuals but method of acquisition)

Agree 100%. People here probably want to kill me just to shut me up about this, but we NEED a set that has unique skins (not sharing the skins with the ascended version, LAME! How would you feel if you made bolt but the skin was zap? PvP and wvw armors aren’t right.) and can be acquired in literally any aspect of the game besides raids 

• Confused 2

I dont like PvE.

I dont like PvP.

But I would like to have legendary armor. Anet do something.

In fact, I would love if one of Anet devs sent me a survey to figure out the things I like/don't like. Then design new collection soley based on my preferences, as I am not very pleased by the original design of the game.

Edited by CashCow.9548
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Just do zerging WvW, it is practically what you do in OW PvE, you run around in autoattack. 

It will take time, but pve armor does too. Even if anet does the thing you are requesting you will need specific time gated items, check the PoF gift of exploration. 

Problem with that is there are very frequently zero zergs.  Source: am player who loves to Zerg in wvw but every time I go there it’s 50/50 that none of the maps have any tags at all 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Zalavaaris.5329 said:

What would you think would be a good solution? What does your ideal set of legendary armor look like? (Not visuals but method of acquisition)

2-3 sets of collection achievements leading  to precursors, a la Gen 1 Legendaries.  In fact do them exactly like those with the possible exception of the exclusion of fractals.

For the various components and rewards after precursor achievements, I'd say at least 40 hours and no more than 100 hours of expected cumulative playtime.

Keep your damned dirty Mystic Coins away from me (except for Mystic Clovers, that's acceptable.)

Precursors I would say make  crafting additional sets of them be roughly equivalent to crafting normal ascended gear except replace the Insignia with a unique component with its own crafting recipe.  Sort of like raid legendaries but less exorbitant.

Minimal to no time-gating if you PLEASE.

• Confused 5

15 minutes ago, CashCow.9548 said:

I dont like PvE.

I dont like PvP.

But I would like to have legendary armor. Anet do something.

In fact, I would love if one of Anet devs sent me a survey to figure out the things I like/don't like. Then design new collection soley based on my preferences, as I am not very pleased by the original design of the game.

Don't gotta be such an kitten about it.  Disagree?  State why and move on, or leave it alone.  And raids aren't pve, they're raids.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

15 hours ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

I might be a rare breed, but I desperately want the utility of legendary armor without necessarily caring about the skins.  As it stands the only ways to get a suit of legendary armor are: a lot of raids, a LOT of wvw, or a crazy amount of ranked pvp.

I really am not good enough for raids, nor do I particularly enjoy them.  I really don't like spvp, and I just don't have the time it would take to pump into wvw.  That leaves people like me pretty much screwed on the legendary armor front.

I would love a route to a suit of legendary armor that can be done entirely in open world and maybe some tier 1 fractals, essentially the same as Gen 1 Legendary weapons.  As far as I'm concerned this suit wouldn't even need its own special skins, as people who did it would be more interested in the simple utility of the item as compared to the appearance.  Leave the Legendary Looking armor to the people who really put in the effort through raids, wvw, and spvp, this is fine by me.  Maybe even have one of the items be acquired using a new currency that only drops from map metas, have precursor achievements done through a slew of lesser done map metas in core Tyria, similar things.  I'd like to see it be a dual approach of making the utility of legendary armor a little less locked behind game modes that are inherently viewed as being deeply elitist as well as encouraging a return and refresh of older content.

I've spoken to some people who have suggested a more intense, personal level of challenge, such as individual instances with difficult fights, and while that's definitely an interesting concept I personally would prefer my open world approach more, as that's the content I most enjoy.

So you want the best armor without putting in the effort in a way that will screw with everyone who made it with the current methods, amazing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, MarkoGold.7126 said:

So you want the best armor without putting in the effort in a way that will screw with everyone who made it with the current methods, amazing.

Yeah, or you could, you know, pay attention and realize that I'm talking about utility, not skins, and comprehend that there's still something to strive for there?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

37 minutes ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

Yeah, or you could, you know, pay attention and realize that I'm talking about utility, not skins, and comprehend that there's still something to strive for there?

Utility is the larger part of legendary attraction i have all 3 sets of legy raid armor and i dont use those skins, the skins are of very little importance. you just want stuff for free and in a way where you dont have to do what everyone else who has those armors had to do. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

Utility is the larger part of legendary attraction i have all 3 sets of legy raid armor and i dont use those skins, the skins are of very little importance. you just want stuff for free and in a way where you dont have to do what everyone else who has those armors had to do. 

Again, pay attention, nobody said for free.  I'd just rather not have to do 30 weeks of content that I DETEST to get legendary armor.  Or 66 weeks minimum by other routes. (again this is for all 3 sets)

Everything about what you say vibes "It's not about me having it, it's about you not."

• Like 3
  • Confused 6

2 minutes ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

Again, pay attention, nobody said for free.  I'd just rather not have to do 30 weeks of content that I DETEST to get legendary armor.  Or 66 weeks minimum by other routes. (again this is for all 3 sets)

Everything about what you say vibes "It's not about me having it, it's about you not."

Alright so if you dont want to put in the effort and pay attention now you dont deserve the reward. why should everyone who put in the effort be screwed by you who doesnt want to?

Also if you detest pvp wvw and pve what else is there left nothing might as well have the legy amor be delivered to you by email.

Edited by MarkoGold.7126
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

Alright so if you dont want to put in the effort and pay attention now you dont deserve the reward. why should everyone who put in the effort be screwed by you who doesnt want to?

Also if you detest pvp wvw and pve what else is there left nothing might as well have the legy amor be delivered to you by email.

Who's getting screwed?  You had it for years before I might, whether I do it the easy way now through wvw or this more approachable way is introduced.  Am I somehow stealing your years of benefiting from having these?  And I like most pve, but I can't stand raids, so I'd appreciate it if you'd stop saying that I hate pve.  Also I like wvw, but I'm not very good at it and can't really dedicate the time a lot of days/weeks to properly progress in it, especially if all I feel like I'm there for is a legendary backpack and armour (ring too, technically, but I've sworn an oath never to craft another Mystic Tribute).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

Who's getting screwed?  You had it for years before I might, whether I do it the easy way now through wvw or this more approachable way is introduced.  Am I somehow stealing your years of benefiting from having these?  And I like most pve, but I can't stand raids, so I'd appreciate it if you'd stop saying that I hate pve.  Also I like wvw, but I'm not very good at it and can't really dedicate the time a lot of days/weeks to properly progress in it, especially if all I feel like I'm there for is a legendary backpack and armour (ring too, technically, but I've sworn an oath never to craft another Mystic Tribute).

Keep dreaming never gonna happen, like i said no effort = no reward.

• Like 8
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Who decided the system is an issue? You? How?

Basic principles and logic behind rewarding gameplay in almost any game other than idlers? Glad I could help.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

Different effort, not no effort, but by all means keep deriding this concept.

Well, sorry, but from what you've wrote in this thread, it looks like anything that requires effort, dedication or time is a "no no" for you, so unless I misunderstood quite a lot here, I'm not sure how much of what he said really is deriding the concept:

2 hours ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

can't really dedicate the time a lot of days/weeks to properly progress in it

18 hours ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

Ok, wvw actually isn't as bad as I initially thought for the armor, but it does require minimum 36 full reward track runs to be dedicated just to getting the precursors and enough Gifts of Battle to make a full suit of each weight.

7 hours ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

Those particular series of collections have particularly problematic points.  Such as Chalice of Tears and the Draconis Mons jumping puzzles, which are HARD skill checks.

And hey, maybe you didn't mean that, but that's what you wrote, so it just.. looks like it looks. If repeating same content really is what's problematic for you, then absolutely do what someone proposed above and get a 1-3 different parts from each source.

(and raids clearly are pve)

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Well, sorry, but from what you've wrote in this thread, it looks like anything that requires effort, dedication or time is a "no no" for you, so unless I misunderstood quite a lot here, I'm not sure how much of what he said really is deriding the concept:

And hey, maybe you didn't mean that, but that's what you wrote, so it just.. looks like it looks. If repeating same content really is what's problematic for you, then absolutely do what someone proposed above and get a 1-3 different parts from each source.

(and raids clearly are pve)

I have multiple legendary weapons plus Aurora and Vision.  My first legendary was Chuka and Champawat because I hate myself.  Don't assume I'm not willing to put forth effort and dedication.  The fact that I feel uncomfortable trying to engage in wvw a lot of the time is because I have a very old school mentality of "if I'm participating in organized server versus server combat I should be useful to my fellow players."  If I can't do that, I'm unhappy.  Raids are not at all like the rest of pve, it feels weird to compare them to pve, they're only pve insofar as what's on the other end of the fight is a computer, not another player.  Aside from that they're as far removed from the rest of pve content as you can get, and I've always considered their introduction to be a glaring mistake on the part of Anet.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

8 minutes ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

I have multiple legendary weapons plus Aurora and Vision.  My first legendary was Chuka and Champawat because I hate myself.  Don't assume I'm not willing to put forth effort and dedication.  The fact that I feel uncomfortable trying to engage in wvw a lot of the time is because I have a very old school mentality of "if I'm participating in organized server versus server combat I should be useful to my fellow players."  If I can't do that, I'm unhappy.  Raids are not at all like the rest of pve, it feels weird to compare them to pve, they're only pve insofar as what's on the other end of the fight is a computer, not another player.  Aside from that they're as far removed from the rest of pve content as you can get, and I've always considered their introduction to be a glaring mistake on the part of Anet.

It's pretty close to some of the group content. And you seem to be trying to use pve interchangably with ow, which is not how it works. Not only that, but raids are just one of the pve content that's required for the armor -ow is included there too.

• Like 6
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It's pretty close to some of the group content. And you seem to be trying to use pve interchangably with ow, which is not how it works. Not only that, but raids are just one of the pve content that's required for the armor -ow is included there too.

Well pve is everything that isn't up against another player, at the end of the day.  I actually wouldn't mind seeing some dungeon requirements for my proposed set of armor, I feel like fractals are overused and not very fun at the end of the day (personal opinion, but it's also perfectly easy to clench up and do T1 fractals when I need to).  So yes the majority of what I would like to see would be OW, but I would not be opposed to some fractal or dungeon work as well, especially since dungeons are all but dead these days. 

And yeah, OW is there for current leggie armor, but the fact that it REQUIRES raids, and thus also dealing with the raiding community, is exactly my  problem.  I don't want my only pve path to legendary armor to be through the pve content that I revile the most.

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

24 minutes ago, Janitsu.6284 said:

If you don't want to get legendary armour, then you can stick with ascended pieces because the stats are the same. On top of that, ascended gear feels luxurious compared to legendary gear if you precast or want to swap some pieces etc.

I like having many characters and many builds and trying new builds.  The Legendary Armor suits my needs much better than ascended gear.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Id love a fractal legendary armor but before we discuss any other way of getting legendary armors what i think should be adressed first is for the pvp and wvw legendary to get an exclusive, high quality look to them to further justify their existance.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2