Tyria Mastery points

I had been playing this game x about 2 years. I am basically a late comer. I had so far enjoyed the game. I did complete all of of my HOT and POF mastery points. However I still have 8 more mastery points to complete the Tyria mastery points. I had found that the last few choices are hard and long. Some involve mobs that are rare and some are in fractals and complicated, difficult jumping puzzles.. By the way one of the reasons I left WoW was my disgust of dungeons and the RIO - key system. Now here there is fractals to accomplish  something I want to do.  I dislike jumping puzzles and the Tyria diving puzzle is a pain. I quit this puzzle after I wasted 3 hours and no results.

Is there any plans to add more Tyria points in the future for the late comers? or to Potentially make the existing Rare mobs more frequent? Just a question. 

It seems like a very complicated situation on Tyria something I did not see in HoT or PoF.

I am mostly venting my frustration.

If you don't plan to do Fractals then there is no real reason to max all the core Mastery lines, since one of those is only concerned with Fractals. That said, there's way more mastery points available than are required. Which ones have you done? Have you got all the easy ones in Living World Season 2 for example?

• Like 5

LS2 gives mastery points...

Some fractal ones are easy, but that depends on the person i guess. I could never finish the one where you can't get hit by shockwaves in one dredge fractal.

As for jumping puzzles, buy a Prototype position rewinder. That item alone is the reason I finished half the jumping puzzles I did. Including Ember Bay and Draconis mons torture devices. 

Others are just expensive. 

Some world boss ones are super easy and people regularly do them. Have you done those? There's also a few of the really easy side stories that are basically exactly that - stories. No real effort required.

How much are you missing?

I'm missing only one mastery and that's the last legendary crafting one. And LS2 will give me enough points to master it when I convince myself to do it. Its kind of boring. But whatever... 

There's also a wiki page where you can enter your API key and it'll show you which ones you did and which ones you didn't do. The just click on the available ones and see which ones are easy and do them. That's what I I for HoT. One last mastery to do as well there. But again - lazy and I don't frequent there anymore so don't really need it.

• Like 1

I am not home now but I think the 8 that are missing is the Pact Commander. I have done all of the rest. That is why I had run out of options. The World Bosses that  I am missing are rare.. in Silverwastes.. I think the Anhilator among them.. there is 3 or 4 but they are rare. I had gone several times to find them and had never seen them. 

I have my necro and had tried to use my teleport in Jumping puzzles but most of the time cannot use it. 

Thanks for the replies. I will copy that.

Silverwastes spawns are both randomized and linked to the map's meta status.   Basically if you wanna maximize your chances, you need a map willing to advance the fort upgrades, as that directly increases the chances of the Legendaries spawning.   Otherwise, you'd just have to bum around and hope RNG eventually scores, and that enough people care to come help kill it within the time limit.     I don't know how active SW now since IceBrood saga has a lot of farms pop up since its introduction. 

That said...  you can always pay for a fractal carry to knock out the majority of those points, or hire a memser to portal you through the JPs.  Options are there if you're willing to enlist other players (and pay them). 

I am a fairly mediocre player, but still somehow have 16 spare core mastery points.

My tip for making things go easier, turn on the core mastery point filter (gear next to the search bar), then just track ALL of them. now go to your watch list and look through them one by one. slowly untrack the really hard or expensive ones until all you have left are a few more than what you need that you see as doable. Then just work on whichever of those whenever you feel like it and stop when you dont.

1 hour ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Some fractal ones are easy, but that depends on the person i guess. I could never finish the one where you can't get hit by shockwaves in one dredge fractal.

The secret is to do the lowest level one with a party full of dps. theres nothing to dodge if the bosses melt as soon as they show up.

28 minutes ago, fkungfu shadow.9432 said:

I have my necro and had tried to use my teleport in Jumping puzzles but most of the time cannot use it.

The wurm can only be placed where you could also walk to, so the most use you get out of it is as a rewind. Spectral walk can do it better and is also good for giving you swiftness.

Edited by Xoleuph.7014

28 minutes ago, fkungfu shadow.9432 said:

I am not home now but I think the 8 that are missing is the Pact Commander. I have done all of the rest. That is why I had run out of options. The World Bosses that  I am missing are rare.. in Silverwastes.. I think the Anhilator among them.. there is 3 or 4 but they are rare. I had gone several times to find them and had never seen them. 

Thanks for the replies. I will copy that.

Have you looked in LFG about 30-45 mins before TT when you're on? I got like 4 masteries this way. It shouldn't be that bad getting T1 groups for fractals and I think there's some low hanging fruit there in terms of mastery points.

The event for season of the dragons made us do a jp in the silverwastes that gave them as well.

Edited by Firebeard.1746

I did the Jumping puzzle in Siverwastes. That was doable and not bad. However the diving one is just pure horrible. I could not finish it. 

The Fractals are ok when I am with my guild but to pug them is a complete misery, especially when you are beginning. I had done a few but it is a nerve wrecking situation. 

1 hour ago, fkungfu shadow.9432 said:

I did the Jumping puzzle in Siverwastes. That was doable and not bad. However the diving one is just pure horrible. I could not finish it. 

The Fractals are ok when I am with my guild but to pug them is a complete misery, especially when you are beginning. I had done a few but it is a nerve wrecking situation. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prototype_Position_Rewinder

For jumping puzzles.

Save your sanity and buy it.

It's basically a cheat code for JPs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, fkungfu shadow.9432 said:

How can you buy a puzzle? Forgive my ignorance.

He's talking about buying the item he linked. It's a personal save point on a 30 second cooldown, usable in the air. So you save your position before hard jump, jump and in case you fall, you use another button to come back to the position you marked before.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

There are already 32 more points more than what is needed to max out every core mastery.

You also don't need spend any points in the fractal masteries if you don't do fractals.

3 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

As for jumping puzzles, buy a Prototype position rewinder. That item alone is the reason I finished half the jumping puzzles I did. Including Ember Bay and Draconis mons torture devices. 

Only Hidden Garden and the Silverwastes JP give a mastery point anyway

3 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

You don't need to dodge anything if you are dead 😉

8 - personal story
1 - complete each story mode dungeon
1 - core world completion
9 - insights
1 - kill Tequatl once
1 - kill karka queen
1 - Transfer Chaser
1 - Ascended Accoutrement
1 - ruler of shinies
1 - go for the gold
8 - complete season 2

33 points that are bottom of the barrel level of easy.

There are a few more easy ones but they require putting in slightly more effort. Most of the fractal ones are pretty easy. The one for killing Horrik used to be tricky but now it is pretty much a given.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, fkungfu shadow.9432 said:

How can you buy a puzzle? Forgive my ignorance.

They are talking about buying the position rewinder they linked in their post, not the JP.   But I suppose you could buy a JP completion too by paying a mesmer to port you.   However, usually there are friendly players with mesmers willing to help out without payment.  Still it is nice to tip mesmers when they do port you. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JustTrogdor.7892 said:

They are talking about buying the position rewinder they linked in their post, not the JP.   But I suppose you could buy a JP completion too by paying a mesmer to port you.   However, usually there are friendly players with mesmers willing to help out without payment.  Still it is nice to tip mesmers when they do port you. 

Although the two JPs that give a mastery point are two of the worst for portaling ...

27 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

There are already 32 more points more than what is needed to max out every core mastery.

You also don't need spend any points in the fractal masteries if you don't do fractals.

Only Hidden Garden and the Silverwastes JP give a mastery point anyway

You don't need to dodge anything if you are dead 😉

8 - personal story
1 - complete each story mode dungeon
1 - core world completion
9 - insights
1 - kill Tequatl once
1 - kill karka queen
1 - Transfer Chaser
1 - Ascended Accoutrement
1 - ruler of shinies
1 - go for the gold
8 - complete season 2

33 points that are bottom of the barrel level of easy.

There are a few more easy ones but they require putting in slightly more effort. Most of the fractal ones are pretty easy. The one for killing Horrik used to be tricky but now it is pretty much a given.

Well thanks... good list... I did get the Fractals.. all of them before I realized what I did... too late now.  But 8 more and I am totally done with Tyria.. I have 318 mastery points at this time. I guess it is sort of a hobby/ collection to get them.  Something to look for when I am playing. I only raid WoW and only do Fractals when needed for a legendary and now as a mastery collection tool. 

Oh and by the way the diving mastery -point has a JP, among the diving achievements , that is very tough... I had tried and failed!  I would not mind if Arena removes this... I want to dive not do a puzzle this hard just to take a dive.. but that is just me!

Edited by fkungfu shadow.9432

55 minutes ago, fkungfu shadow.9432 said:

Oh and by the way the diving mastery -point has a JP, among the diving achievements , that is very tough... I had tried and failed!  I would not mind if Arena removes this... I want to dive not do a puzzle this hard just to take a dive.. but that is just me!

I would skip the Diving one unless ... actually there is no unless. There are 31 other things to consider before there is any reason to consider that one.

I have that mastery point but it took 3 attempts.

1st attempt, successfully did the dive, no credit

2nd attempt, successfully did the dive, no credit

3rd attempt, died on the way down, ... gets credit for it

=_=

but if you really want to get that dive I would suggest having a friend AFK at the goggle and just use a Teleport to Friend instead of reruning that over and over again

Edited by Khisanth.2948
  • Like 1

Pity, you left the most important mastery at the end... the autoloot.

If you have a mount, you can try the 4 MP in Silverwastes (the legendary die very fast, but with a mount you have probably enough time, if someone calls them in map chat).

I don't know which one you still miss, so hard to advise. But if you still need some MP in fractals, I'd try those, they are all quite easy, and there are more casual players than you think in fractals tier1.

Edited by Urud.4925
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Urud.4925 said:

If you have a mount, you can try the 4 MP in Silverwastes (the legendary die very fast, but with a mount you have probably enough time, if someone calls them in map chat).

For those I find it better to just hang out at one camp at a time.

Alternatively have several characters on the map while being in a party with someone in the same instance and swap character instead but that depends on what your load time is like.

• Like 1

Use the "event timers" page to see when world bosses are up.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers

About 20 minutes before the event, you can start checking LFG for a "taxi" group. This'll get you into an organized map with lots of player who know what to do and group leaders who call out informative guidance.

I was able to get all the Triple Trouble masteries in like two hours of play over the course of two days by doing this.

---

If you're trying to fully max your masteries, note also that there is a small HoT Raid Mastery track that only unlocks when you beat any one raid boss. There are no non-raid abilities on this track (and even the raid abilities are specific to a few HoT raids, not the later PoF raids with more stuff going on), so you can safely ignore it unless you're chasing the full 366/366 rating.

Edited by ASP.8093
  • Like 2

On 7/18/2021 at 9:18 AM, ASP.8093 said:

Use the "event timers" page to see when world bosses are up.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers

About 20 minutes before the event, you can start checking LFG for a "taxi" group. This'll get you into an organized map with lots of player who know what to do and group leaders who call out informative guidance.

I was able to get all the Triple Trouble masteries in like two hours of play over the course of two days by doing this.

---

If you're trying to fully max your masteries, note also that there is a small HoT Raid Mastery track that only unlocks when you beat any one raid boss. There are no non-raid abilities on this track (and even the raid abilities are specific to a few HoT raids, not the later PoF raids with more stuff going on), so you can safely ignore it unless you're chasing the full 366/366 rating.

Thanks that helps. I have all of my HoT and PoF masteries done. The Tyria masteries are harder to get. I guess as is old content and there are fewer players to help doing them. I only have 7 more Tyria masteries to finish them. I just did one this last week end. The diving one.... it was intense, especially the jumping puzzles but I did it. 

I will try the LFG. Had not done this yet. Every time I go to Silverwastes seems I miss this event.

I need all of these and they are rare spawns.

• Mordrem Annihilator
  • Mordrem Demolisher
  • Mordrem Executioner
  • Mordrem Tormentor

Thanks. 

Edited by fkungfu shadow.9432

1 hour ago, Cuks.8241 said:

LS2 is a big source of core masteries. Fractal also have a nice bundle. Most can be achieved in t1 which is easy. 

TT has 4 I think. Those are easy and fun as long as you find an organised event.

TT is 5

1 for participating in a kill for each head(3), doesn't have to be a successful TT run

1 for a successful TT run

1 for the TT meta achievement

• Like 2