Tyria Mastery points

On 7/16/2021 at 11:46 PM, fkungfu shadow.9432 said:

Oh and by the way the diving mastery -point has a JP, among the diving achievements , that is very tough... I had tried and failed!  I would not mind if Arena removes this... I want to dive not do a puzzle this hard just to take a dive.. but that is just me!

If you want to get the diving goggles for the Not So Secret JP, i strongly advise you to track a Youtube video that shows exactly how to jump. Otherwise you will be doing and redoing that JP many, many times over.

(hint: the key is to stand in a correct spot, with your back to the edge, and just hit the dodge key. If you stand just right, you will evade through the pixel that is killing most jumpers, and land in exactly the right place)

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, fkungfu shadow.9432 said:

Thanks that helps. I have all of my HoT and PoF masteries done. The Tyria masteries are harder to get. I guess as is old content and there are fewer players to help doing them. I only have 7 more Tyria masteries to finish them. I just did one this last week end. The diving one.... it was intense, especially the jumping puzzles but I did it. 

I will try the LFG. Had not done this yet. Every time I go to Silverwastes seems I miss this event.

I need all of these and they are rare spawns.

• Mordrem Annihilator
  • Mordrem Demolisher
  • Mordrem Executioner
  • Mordrem Tormentor

Thanks. 

Each of the four Legendary Mordrem can spawn at any point during the Meta event - however, they will stand a higher chance of spawning when forts are at T3 or above.

I helped a guildmate who was in a similar situation to you a fgew weeks ago, needing the final few central Tyrian masteries. Killing each of theose Legendary Mordrem gives one mastery each and if you have killed all four, you also get one further mastery for doing so.

What worked for us was staying at one specific fort until we got the kill we needed, unless a spawn was shouted in map chat at another one. Over the course of a week we moved to each fort and helped upgrade until we got the next spawn.

It can be a problem when its an empty map so you have to pick a time when there are people willing to assist. You will find that sometime after hitting T3 you will get a Legendary to spawn. Three of them are relatively easy to kill. The forth, the Legendary Tormenter spawns near to the Blue Fort - this is the tough one and you will likely need four or five players to take it out, since it is significantly harder than the others.

Not sure if you are aware of this list as well on the Wiki, it details all of the Masteries in the game, you might find one or two more on there that you weren't aware of and may help you get the last few you need.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks#Central_Tyria_mastery_points

Good luck.

Edited by Andy.5981
  • Like 1

Oh also  Justice of the Blade and Conservation of magic achievements are easy.

But really, easy fractals is the solution. I was also at a point where I was looking at the long, annoying achievements chains to max out core masteries. Then I started with fractals and was beyond the cap before I knew it. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 6:10 AM, Andy.5981 said:

Each of the four Legendary Mordrem can spawn at any point during the Meta event - however, they will stand a higher chance of spawning when forts are at T3 or above.

I helped a guildmate who was in a similar situation to you a fgew weeks ago, needing the final few central Tyrian masteries. Killing each of theose Legendary Mordrem gives one mastery each and if you have killed all four, you also get one further mastery for doing so.

What worked for us was staying at one specific fort until we got the kill we needed, unless a spawn was shouted in map chat at another one. Over the course of a week we moved to each fort and helped upgrade until we got the next spawn.

It can be a problem when its an empty map so you have to pick a time when there are people willing to assist. You will find that sometime after hitting T3 you will get a Legendary to spawn. Three of them are relatively easy to kill. The forth, the Legendary Tormenter spawns near to the Blue Fort - this is the tough one and you will likely need four or five players to take it out, since it is significantly harder than the others.

Not sure if you are aware of this list as well on the Wiki, it details all of the Masteries in the game, you might find one or two more on there that you weren't aware of and may help you get the last few you need.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks#Central_Tyria_mastery_points

Good luck.

This is an excellent advice. Thanks. So far when I hear anyone shouting about one of these bosses when I get there is all over. So it seems that just camping one boss at a time makes the best sense. I assume that it will help to clear until the tier is 3 or preferably 4. 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 11:34 AM, Cuks.8241 said:

Oh also  Justice of the Blade and Conservation of magic achievements are easy.

But really, easy fractals is the solution. I was also at a point where I was looking at the long, annoying achievements chains to max out core masteries. Then I started with fractals and was beyond the cap before I knew it. 

I guess I will have to tough it out and do some fractals.  I need 7 more points to finish all of my masteries in Tyria.

On 7/20/2021 at 12:24 AM, Astralporing.1957 said:

If you want to get the diving goggles for the Not So Secret JP, i strongly advise you to track a Youtube video that shows exactly how to jump. Otherwise you will be doing and redoing that JP many, many times over.

(hint: the key is to stand in a correct spot, with your back to the edge, and just hit the dodge key. If you stand just right, you will evade through the pixel that is killing most jumpers, and land in exactly the right place)

Thanks. Did the diving goggles... finally... need 7more masteries to finish Tyria.

Well as a final note I did get all of my points in Tyria. I did the bosses in Silverwastes. It took me to days, 5 hours or so at a time to get them and I used the advised given to me on this forum. I want to thank all of the good comments here as it has been very informative. I also did a few fractals and got my last 2 mastery points. 
Now I have 18 more points to go on the Icebrood Saga. I hope they are not that tough to do. Although I had tried some of the jumping puzzles and they are not easy... 

Thanks to all the good posts... : )

Edited by fkungfu shadow.9432
  • Like 3

On 8/9/2021 at 4:43 PM, fkungfu shadow.9432 said:

Now I have 18 more points to go on the Icebrood Saga. I hope they are not that tough to do.

Sorry to burst your bubble. Of the four categories of mastery points, the IBS ones are the most infuriating ones to max out, though some of the threshold requirements have been lowered since I did it. Prepare to spend a lot of time in Drizzlewood Coast. At least it's profitable.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Harfang.1507 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble. Of the four categories of mastery points, the IBS ones are the most infuriating ones to max out, though some of the threshold requirements have been lowered since I did it. Prepare to spend a lot of time in Drizzlewood Coast. At least it's profitable.

And decently easy. Getting the points themselves was actually more of an issue than maxing out the masteries(3 left to go, hnghhh).