One change to nerf all necros in PvP

36 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Remove corrosive poison cloud.

I promise the complaints about all necros will dissapear with this one change, suddenly they will be manageable.

0.O

🤔

(it's gonna remove the ranged immunity and allow melee to approach)

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

ahahaha. so before megapatch necros manageable and no one cares about CPC. after patch scourge op. so lets remove CPC. quality logic my man!

I will keep it in the light until it gets adjusted.

Also, someone needs to start a conversation about blurred inscriptions

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2021 at 12:18 AM, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Remove corrosive poison cloud.

I promise the complaints about all necros will dissapear with this one change, suddenly they will be manageable.

Lmfao.

Necro plotline went:

Necros: "we literally can't play against range"

Community: "Use CPC / Just Dodge 4head"
Necros: "It's BAD / no ROOM" (which was true, they were getting bullied by warriors and rangers had so much unblockable)

Necros: "We literally cannot fight thieves"

Anet: *Squints, nerfs Deadeye/Pistol Pistol*

Anet: ~ Later, nerfs Scourge because they're being annoying in WvW~

Necros: "aaAAA-"

Necros: *Sounds of Necros getting bullied for daring to pick scourge for like 2 years, only Reaper viable because cc did damage and only reaper had stab *

- Some time later, scourge returned to viability

- Warriors nerfed so nobody to bully scourge up close

-CC nerfed so eating cc doesn't do damage up front

-Blood magic rework

-Death magic rework

Necros: "But what if... we used more IQ"

Necros: *slot CPC*

Necros: *Immediate bunker god status* 

Community (almost) immediately after: "Remove CpC"

Leave their CpC alone they learned to slot it, lmao

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Haha 7

On 7/17/2021 at 4:59 PM, Shao.7236 said:

What they really should do is make the skill actually visible. It's almost impossible to see 90% of the time until you hear it you've already used an important skill, most likely.

I just want to point this out tho

Ive noticed something though this shouldnt even be an argument 

the number of times ive seen an ele cast swirling winds AND ITS NOTHING BUT THE RED AOE OUTLINE NO VISABLE SWIRLING WIND ANIMATION and no one is talking about that but cpc needs to be more visible???????????????

People really are out here tripping tbh. 

Now that i think about it cpc is probably fine even from a visual prespective if swirling winds can get away with being completely invis depending on if the ele is your focused target or not im not sure why cpc needs to be more visible O_O

• Like 2

On 7/17/2021 at 7:24 AM, Eugchriss.2046 said:

He is right for this one tho. No corrosive cloud = more sic'em SB/ DE to counter scourge. This is probably the best to do if anet want to nerf necro without actually touching it.

If they nerf deadeye's ability to perma immobilize you in a fight from a safe distance or press 2 for dps cause its cheaper and more effective than the dps 3 skill and nerf SB smoke scale fused skill to not be a instant gapclose, require a start up animation, only be usable within about 300 range, and not be a drop target,  sure they can nerf cpc

Do we have a deal?

That sounds like a fare trade that wont touch the other classes at all too

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZDragon.3046 said:

the number of times ive seen an ele cast swirling winds AND ITS NOTHING BUT THE RED AOE OUTLINE NO VISABLE SWIRLING WIND ANIMATION and no one is talking about that but cpc needs to be more visible???????????????

Now that i think about it cpc is probably fine even from a visual prespective if swirling winds can get away with being completely invis depending on if the ele is your focused target or not im not sure why cpc needs to be more visible O_O

Swirling Winds has an audio cue at least and the AoE is double the size. 

think CPC has a sound effect but it's drowned out due to sounding like the WoC/Ghastly Breach. 

Nothing sounds unique to it so I suppose giving it a visibility update or a big "UH OH" AoE would make it better. 

I personally would do just a different sound, perhaps a man screaming "DO NOT USE PROJECTILEEEEEEEEES!" 

I don't know, just my flavor of a heads up. 

Edited by kybraga.7103

1 hour ago, ZDragon.3046 said:

Don't expect people to ever be happy. If it's invisible, they will ask for it to be visible. If it's visible they will complain about visual pollution.

Objectively, CPC could afford a longer CD in competitive modes, something like 45s instead of 30s. Making it 30s traited instead of 20s.

CPC is very difficult to distinguish with all of the other AOE blur that happens on the node.

I’ve always wished they would just modify the AOE tint to blue or red depending on your team so you can immediately know what is friendly or what is not. How many times have you panic dodged a DH trap that is actually friendly?

2 hours ago, kybraga.7103 said:

Swirling Winds has an audio cue at least and the AoE is double the size. 

think CPC has a sound effect but it's drowned out due to sounding like the WoC/Ghastly Breach. 

Nothing sounds unique to it so I suppose giving it a visibility update or a big "UH OH" AoE would make it better. 

I personally would do just a different sound, perhaps a man screaming "DO NOT USE PROJECTILEEEEEEEEES!" 

I don't know, just my flavor of a heads up. 

as some one who has used cpc it certainly does have an audio cue when projectiles hit it if anything its louder than the sound that plays for projectiles being snuffed by swirling winds.

i mean i get people are a bit annoyed by it but if sound cues make invisible swirling winds ok im not sure how people cant learn to listen for cpc if they cant see it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Don't expect people to ever be happy. If it's invisible, they will ask for it to be visible. If it's visible they will complain about visual pollution.

Objectively, CPC could afford a longer CD in competitive modes, something like 45s instead of 30s. Making it 30s traited instead of 20s.

I would argue that it does not need a nerf at all its mainly a projectile block with a few conditional ticks attached assuming a person stands inside. As some one else pointed out necros use to complain about being projectile food. people argued with dont nerf me just use cpc now here we are people using cpc and they are upset about their projectiles not working... smh tbh.

1 hour ago, noobfest.2180 said:

CPC is very difficult to distinguish with all of the other AOE blur that happens on the node.

I’ve always wished they would just modify the AOE tint to blue or red depending on your team so you can immediately know what is friendly or what is not. How many times have you panic dodged a DH trap that is actually friendly?

Never lol you generally don't have to question if dh traps are friendly or not.  Even more so right now while people are using trapper rune. If you see traps being placed and you dont see a Friendly DH near you then you can assume they are obviously not friendly before and after they go off. Additionally, You can see the trigger radius of friendly ones placed you cant see unfriendly ones.. if you have trouble telling an ally trap from a enemy trap your game knowledge and xp could stand to expand a bit more not to assume you dont know this but I dont think thats a good example to compare issues of cpc too.

Making it more visible is a viable argument though and i cant deny the logic of players wanting this to be a thing. Whats not a viable argument is people wanting it removed or nerfed when there really is no reason for that. Its not the worse / invisible aoe in the game hell i would argue that plaguelands is a worse offender visually. Multiple times ive downed people with that and they claim they never saw it despite standing in it for about 7 pulses or so. Rarely do i get a direct complain about not being able to see CpC however. Im sure its annoying but thats a different thing entirely. 

Edited by ZDragon.3046
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, ZDragon.3046 said:

as some one who has used cpc it certainly does have an audio cue when projectiles hit it if anything its louder than the sound that plays for projectiles being snuffed by swirling winds.

i mean i get people are a bit annoyed by it but if sound cues make invisible swirling winds ok im not sure how people cant learn to listen for cpc if they cant see it. 

I mean, honestly?

CPC isn't that bad. It recently came into the meta because they wanted to anti-nades, now we have Prot Holo to prevent Thieves from backcapping while the team is busying trying to kill the Support Guard x Scourge combo.

I personally find it hilarious since I always used CPC on Scourge lol!

8 hours ago, ZDragon.3046 said:

I would argue that it does not need a nerf at all its mainly a projectile block with a few conditional ticks attached assuming a person stands inside. As some one else pointed out necros use to complain about being projectile food. people argued with dont nerf me just use cpc now here we are people using cpc and they are upset about their projectiles not working... smh tbh.

Yes, the necromancer's community used to complain about being projectile food, however a lot of things happen in between. And among these things, the feb 2020 patch happened to come along a substancial nerf to the overall damage in competitive modes.

Such  reduction to the overall dps in competitive justify a reduction to the sustain and projectile block just happen to be a kind of sustain skill.

If you look at things objectively, there was no reason for the projectile hate to not be hit as hard as the invuln skills were. Yet they didn't. And, again, if you look at CPC, it can really afford a 50% nerf to it's CD in competitive modes due to it's trait having a strong CD reduction.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Yes, the necromancer's community used to complain about being projectile food, however a lot of things happen in between. And among these things, the feb 2020 patch happened to come along a substancial nerf to the overall damage in competitive modes.

Such  reduction to the overall dps in competitive justify a reduction to the sustain and projectile block just happen to be a kind of sustain skill.

If you look at things objectively, there was no reason for the projectile hate to not be hit as hard as the invuln skills were. Yet they didn't. And, again, if you look at CPC, it can really afford a 50% nerf to it's CD in competitive modes due to it's trait having a strong CD reduction.

Im sorry no 

invlun vs projectile denial are hardly the same thing as one still allows some forms of damage while the other shuns all types of incoming threats no matter how they fuction. Comparing the two and suggesting they should have been nerfed equally is just kinda crazy if you ask me. 

I would argue no because other classes still have projectile hate skills that are on par with cpc in terms of effectiveness if not skills that are out right better and with lower cds. The only real viable argument anyone should make for cpc at most is its visual and nothing more. Its being used in response to something so saying that cpc needs a 50% reduction perhaps projectile heavy builds need their damage to be readjusted too.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1