The gamemode is dead

Fatal.1347

Very few open voice commanders, only activity around primetime. Doesn't matter which server.

Fights last like 10 seconds and losing server never bounces back. Even EotM arranged fights between 2 fighting servers are like this everytime.

People stack, stack, stack. It's just a socializing game while farming bots.

Focus party is gone, ranged tag is gone, cooldown management is gone, conditions are gone, reactive CC is gone.

Scouts are gone, guilds are isolated entities, dueling is dead, roaming is ganking, servers don't have goals or events, too many useless classes.

WvW is donezo. Fixes ain't coming.

Edited by Fatal.1347
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

41 minutes ago, Fatal.1347 said:

Very few open voice commanders, only activity around primetime. Doesn't matter which server.

Fights last like 10 seconds and losing server never bounces back. Even EotM arranged fights between 2 fighting servers are like this everytime.

Focus party is gone, ranged tag is gone, cooldown management is gone, conditions are gone, reactive CC is gone.

Scouts are gone, guilds are isolated entities, dueling is dead, roaming is ganking, servers don't have goals or events, too many useless classes.

WvW is donezo. Fixes ain't coming.

And which server are you on now? It'd be funny to see you playing on a bandwagon server and then complain about others not wanting to play lol

1 hour ago, Fatal.1347 said:

Not true, at least not on all servers.

Again not true, if a fight last 10 seconds is because an amazing surprise factor or a really unbalanced fight. The never bouncing back thing depends of the commander and squad composition, not the server.

The problem with stacking is...?

Scouts are gone, guilds are isolated entities, dueling is dead, roaming is ganking,

Talk about your server and not the whole game mode.

"Guild Wars 2/WvW/PvP is dead" is a sentence you can track from the very origins up to this day. Yet here we are. Seems more like a salty player issue.

WvW is donezo. Fixes ain't coming

Wanna me to @ you the next month?

I had the feeling of remembering your name! :classic_biggrin: why don't you post with your main account?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/97315-defending-needs-nerfs/?tab=comments#comment-1391686

Edited by Telgum.6071

Fights lasting a long time generally has more to do with respawn factors and power disparity than anything to do with game balance.

IE. Fights for keeps use to last hours because the enemy could get a full map queue inside of it every 3 minutes because of waypoint shenanigans regardless of what the enemy did.

or

Fights use to take forever because a random thief picking an enemy player who fell off tag could rally the entire enemy zerg making the group have to start from square one.

or

Fights last forever because you're fighting inside an objective that's two warclaw leaps away from the enemy spawn and they won't stop killing themselves.

Two groups sitting there staring each other down in the middle of a field will last, at max, two bubble CD rotations (~90s).  The only time that hasn't been true is when condi tank meta was a thing at end of HoT. And that was a rather meh time if I'm being honest.

I only see the focus partys in guildraids. T1 servers are mostly for roamer since there arent that many voice zerks. Staying in T1 requiers ppl that def and not fight. T2-3 are ok, sure its only on primetimes but what do you expect from a casuale game that didnt care for WvW a long time 😄. Most players stay in PvE on events cause they miss event themed mobs and drops (event rewardtracks are an insult for WvW).

Edited by Traubensaft Joe.8192

8 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

I'm sure it has absolutely nothing do with it being the height of summer where everyone is on vacation and half of Europe is having heat stroke while the other half is drowning.

I mean they're not entirely wrong, since their list is more about things that have been diminished in wvw, or changes to sections of wvw, rather than missing people....

9 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

I'm sure it has absolutely nothing do with it being the height of summer where everyone is on vacation and half of Europe is having heat stroke while the other half is drowning.

Yes this is reason why german servers have so many players while other server are outnumbered whole time.

Well, you can whiteknight as much as you want, but truth is that gamemode is not dead. Its dying, but not dead...yet. There are still ppl playing, just like sPvP, but you cant deny that with each day, each month, each year, number of players is decreasing, not stable, and definetly not growing. And im not talking about differences during summer or winter holidays, no. People are leaving, lack of updates is a slow, but constant killer.

its not dead, but it is in zombiemode, for months yet, yes. and more to come. mainly Wvw, since people want new stuff. people wait for EoD. maybe the alliances beta will also give new motivation, idk.

most servers are very casual. a lot of guilds simply on a break.  a ton of people roleplay pvE in Wvw (=ppt)

i started gw2 in jan2019, people said back then yet "daed gaem"... it still kinda lives. i noticed a rather big population loss in 2020, guess many didn't enjoy the lower dps. Wvw population became more and more casual from then on with nearly each month. people don't even seek to improve. but i cannot tell if that always been the case. maybe its just experience, that gives u insight in other people's lacking insight 🙂