Massive Damage

TheDarkness.6947

22 hours ago, Zeesh.7286 said:

imho the damage part is perfectly fine. Berserkers/Marauders on LR deals massive damage. The problem is that on berserker amulet, ele has nothing for HP. DH/Core burst guard also runs berserker and has low HP but it has armor and aegis/invuln + more heals/ burst condi cleanse and escape options with trapper runes. If you take Marauders on ele, you get a bit more HP to survive and sustain. But like if you want to play oneshot burst builds marauders isn't really fun and won't pop those same numbers as a berserker ele but like I said, on berserkers amulet other classes and glass builds like ranger/DH/DE/Mesmer make more sense because they come with better sustain/mitigation/escape tools while running a squishy glass build.. so imho the issue is with ele sustain. It forces us to give up on playing glass builds and instead take up tanky condi routes with weaver or just play support tempest.

I once made a post about asking for standardizing base HP/Armor across classes since it made zero sense that an ele running a berserker amulet has less HP than a ranger on berserker amulet not to mention lower armor class but people started QQing about how oppressive it would make sword condi weavers wtih 20k hp and how light/medium/heavy armor and HP differences in pvp were balanced (LMAO). Meanwhile.. Necros runs around with that so much more HP as a light armor class running damage amulets and on top of have shroud/barrier... *rolls eyes*  

If you ran a tempest to plat then I’ll concede that you probably understand it better than I do.  I suppose you’re right.  The damage isn’t terrible.  But it’s certainly not spectacular enough to merit being so squishy, at least on tempest.  If the damage is where anet wants it, then I suppose  more sustain would make playing ele feel a lot better.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 3:03 AM, TheDarkness.6947 said:

If you ran a tempest to plat then I’ll concede that you probably understand it better than I do.  I suppose you’re right.  The damage isn’t terrible.  But it’s certainly not spectacular enough to merit being so squishy, at least on tempest.  If the damage is where anet wants it, then I suppose  more sustain would make playing ele feel a lot better.

Yea. TBH what's good damage is personal opinion at this point. I don't think ANY class should be able to one shot and kill people with 2-3 buttons.  Unlike the old sicem lb2 burst which was utterly ridiculous or last year's grenade holo bursts which again was rightfully nerfed. I think Ele damage is consistently okay. The issue as I said earlier is that to reach that burst on an ele you give up too much sustain.  but other classes you can do the same bursts that an ele does with better sustain. If an ele wants to build glass burst, they give up so much more in terms of sustain compared to other classes with a much more difficult burst setup/combo so it's also defo also a risk rewards thing as @vilkanor.3072 said. I think I'd rather anet reduce the squishiness of an ele instead of tweaking damage numbers right now. Ele's spend half the time kiting enemies/camping water attunement to self sustain/cleanse. If we didn't have to pull combos to sustain we would spend more time dealing damage instead. Like right now, on a FA ele burst cleanse is Ether Renewal which is around 3 secs of channeling for 8 condi cleanses which can be interrupted easily. On the other hand Gaurds have instant cleanses with 0 casting/animation. You can have just one.. cleansing fire as an instant 3-4 condi cleanse... If you don't build sustain on an ele you have next to nothing compared to some other classes which can also add some sustain in their builds while going glass burst damage

Edited by Zeesh.7286

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an old post but i think this is a good ideal why not just have all hard cc unable to crit. Keep an "ok" dmg with ok mods but it cant crit. Would fix skill that are not 2 sec hard cc that still hit way too hard though crit and lets hard cc that are 2 sec + not do stilly low dmg.

• Like 1