PvP Balance Discussion Today Inquiry

Sounds like there is a balance discussion with cmc today and select members of the community. Good news! Super glad to hear it!

Does anyone know if there a way to listen in to the conversation? Not looking to contribute, just hear the thoughts and ideas being discussed.

1 hour ago, Allarius.5670 said:

Sounds like there is a balance discussion with cmc today and select members of the community. Good news! Super glad to hear it!

Does anyone know if there a way to listen in to the conversation? Not looking to contribute, just hear the thoughts and ideas being discussed.

Or post a link of it? ( if it was recorded that is)

• Like 1

To think a game developer is so clueless as to manage their game they do as little balance/ meta changing as possible and have to hold a yearly talk with people who understand their game more then them selfs. 

If only they own up to their own lack of understanding and step up to the plate and do this more often, i wouldnt be so condescending about it.

Ita not that hard to keep up to your own promise of more attention to pvp. And for atarters this scourge meta hasnt changed since feb 2020.......why.......

• Confused 2
11 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

To think a game developer is so clueless as to manage their game they do as little balance/ meta changing as possible and have to hold a yearly talk with people who understand their game more then them selfs. 

If only they own up to their own lack of understanding and step up to the plate and do this more often, i wouldnt be so condescending about it.

Ita not that hard to keep up to your own promise of more attention to pvp. And for atarters this scourge meta hasnt changed since feb 2020.......why.......

But... Even those people they are talking to probably don't understand the game any more than they do.

Here is what is gonna happen. Another amulet will get removed. Scourge will be deleted. Dragon Hunter will be deleted. Burning across all classes will get reduced to 1 second at most, Lich Auto's are going to get a 10+second ICD and Reaper's damage will be deleted.

None of those things will solve balance problems...we've been down the same road before....except now we have less classes that are no longer functional and overall less diversity but nobody wants to admit that diversity GOES DOWN when you delete things.

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
6 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

lol why you still care.

this game is screwed by corpo just like wow, end of the story.

ff14 pvp is more enjoyable and balanced then this at this point.

not mentioning the fact that ff14 pve is 10x more engaging and fun then anything gw2 has put out in the last 2 year including pvp.

also new world is pvp focused mmo, will be trying that as well, and see which ff14 or newworld ill be maining.

like why you still have hope, i have none left after years of disappointment. and i havent logged on in some time. 

Why be in the gw2 forums then? Lol go have fun in ff14 ones.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

lol why you still care.

this game is screwed by corpo just like wow, end of the story.

not mentioning the fact that ff14 pve is 10x more engaging and fun then anything gw2 has put out in the last 2 year including pvp.

also new world is pvp focused mmo, will be trying that as well, and see which ff14 or newworld ill be maining.

like why you still have hope, i have none left after years of disappointment. and i havent logged on in some time. 

New World have a lot of potential as long as devs won't fall asleep and will keep improving the game.

New World is DOA, i would not hold my breath on that one. 

AoC on the long run, maybe Sword of Legends Online would be something you can have a look into if you really need some change and don't mind the chinese thematic. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 2

FWIW NCSoft rereleased Aion as Aion Classic. The PvP there is pretty good, the PvE is fun, the art style is pretty, the story and lore are all good too. I stopped playing Aion back in the day to play GW2. If Aion Classic does well this iteration I may go back to it if EoD is utterly botched.

The only rumor I heard at all regarding the discussion yesterday was that it may not be "possible" to touch scourge until EOD. Whatever that means. Cannot confirm, have no idea regarding legitimacy, so take from that what you will.

4 minutes ago, Allarius.5670 said:

The only rumor I heard at all regarding the discussion yesterday was that it may not be "possible" to touch scourge until EOD. Whatever that means. Cannot confirm, have no idea regarding legitimacy, so take from that what you will.

Their engineering team is tunnel vision on EoD, so probably true, sadly

• Like 2
10 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

FF14 is bad stop it. They disrespect your time and wallet so f'ing hard

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

lol i literally don't go to game's forum which i find fun, because i'd be playing it instead.

truth be told, i like being right, which is why i still check forum from time to time and see active post number be decreasing compared to 1 month ago, and i find enjoyment in that.

(surprise, players actually know better, tho the one care less are the silent leaver, while the players who leave and still post are the ones who cared)

gw2 forum provides me more enjoyment then gw2 at the moment, unfortunately.

and also it's a love turn hate situation, where i would want to see it's demise in action.

The game has been alive for 8 years and its getting an overhaul come next xpac so the demise you wish for will never in the coming years Good luck on wasting your time tho.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Allarius.5670 said:

For all our sanity this better not happen lol

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Exile.8160 said:

The game has been alive for 8 years and its getting an overhaul come next xpac so the demise you wish for will never in the coming years Good luck on wasting your time tho.

Just because fanboys stick around doesn't mean the game hasn't decayed. GW2 is very much a low population MMO.

Anet boasts downloads as a way to calculate player base; its a common marketing tactic within mobile games. Devs will even collab with other businesses to increase downloads so they can use that as leverage to show popularity due to downloads.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Bear.9568 said:

Just because fanboys stick around doesn't mean the game hasn't decayed. GW2 is very much a low population MMO.

Anet boasts downloads as a way to calculate player base; its a common marketing tactic within mobile games. Devs will even collab with other businesses to increase downloads so they can use that as leverage to show popularity due to downloads.

Yes and no, gw2 pvp is on its last legs tbh mainly because of the bad care the devs have given this mode.

Pve is very much alive. Gw2 has been one of the top 5/10 MMos in years with a decent playerbase keeping it there. 

Just because in game is dead in your lil  bubble doesnt mean it is.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Exile.8160 said:

For all our sanity this better not happen lol

Wich actually it is understandable, they need to see what happens with the new spamables classes.

Scourge was always a bad designas in to much for the game yet balances towards that class take identity out of it... when u balance something and that something start to loose bit of identity its a direct sign of something went wrong with its concept.

• Like 2

let me guess

they'll attempt to nerf scourge but still not quite

minionmancer life is over

trapper rune untouched

shield of earth nerfed

supps still tank as fk

prot holo nope, no nerfs

thief stealth and blind spam still a thing

random unneeded nerfs in all other classes

not meaningful buffs where needed

• Sad 4
3 hours ago, lovemghool.7613 said:

whatever they do please keep it to your daed gaem moed. ktynxbai

Just in case you're wondering what this post translates to, it means split balancing Spvp and WvW, because no one wants spvp shoddy balancing practices in WvW. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1