Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Recommended Posts

Hello there,

 

In essence my problem is that Forging the Pact keeps bugging and I cannot progress it. I can remember years ago encountering one of these same bugs, but I replayed the mission and it worked properly the second time, however this time I've restarted the mission 14 times now and I still cannot get it to progress.

 

I get one of two bugs, the most common bug which has happened 12/14 times, is that shortly after reaching the ruins and meeting Agent Zrii, Trehearne just stands there where we met the agent and refuses to move. As a result he doesn't come into the ruins and so the mission won't move on to the next step of saving the researchers. The other bug I have encountered(this is the one I encountered years ago), is after rescuing the researchers Agent Zrii doesn't reappear, the result of this is that when you try to move into the cave to rescue the second research team Zril isn't there to trigger the cutscene and blow open the cave entrance.

 

Does anybody have any ideas on how I can get this mission to progress normally? I've tried all combinations I can think of with watching the cutscenes or skipping the cutscenes etc, it makes no difference the mission still get stucks at one of these two points. I've tried completely closing the game and reopening but again, no joy. Having completed it before I can always skip ahead to another chapter but I really didn't want to do that.

 

I'll try a few more times, but if I can't get the mission to run properly when I login tomorrow I'm just going to have to skip ahead.

Edited by Madness Calms.7683
Correcting typos.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the number of times you seem to have tried, I'm guessing you are running it solo?

 

Reason I ask is the other day we had an issue with NPCs not moving to where they needed to be in a mission and it turned out the problem only happened when we went in as a group. Solo it went ahead with no problem.

 

So, if you have been running with a group, try solo. Or if solo, maybe see if someone is willing to help test it as a group to see if it makes any difference.

 

Other than that, I don't know.

If you find any solutions, be sure to post it here in case anyone with the same problem finds this in a search later.

Good luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the advice! I am running it solo yup. I've only recently returned to the game after a hiatus and I don't have a guild or any friends to ask, tomorrow I'll see if I can find a random person in Map chat willing to join me and see if that helps.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since my original post I have repeated the mission a further 28 times, taking the total to 42 and finally completed it successfully. Below are some tips that I found helped to avoid the mission bugging out, be warned these are not a guarantee but every one of them seemed to help.

 

First the overall lesson of these hints is that patience is key, take the mission slowly, the more you rush from point to point the more likely the missions triggers/spawns are to bug. Now the direct actions.

 

- Allow Trehearne to arrive at the ruins before you. If you beat him to where you meet up with Agent Zrii then Trehearne seems a great deal more likely to bug rather than not, remaining stationary after the cutscene and refusing to follow you into the ruins.

 

- If you reach the ruins and Agent Zrii has not already spawned before you get there, logout(in order to exit the mission) and start again. If she isn't present at that initial meeting, it seemed in all my attempts that she will never appear later to trigger the events she is needed for.

 

- Do not skip the cutscene where you first meet Zrii at the ruins, you can click the next button to progress through it more quickly, but do NOT skip the scene. I've found that doing so makes it much more likely that either she or Trehearne will bug during the mission.

 

- When you enter the ruins, clear all the undead and then head up to the campfire(where the minimap circle indicates you should go) run past the campfire to the wall and then back towards it. This should trigger the mission to progress to the next step. Do NOT rush off up the ramp to the researchers before the mission objective has finished moving to the next stage, this should also trigger a couple of npc dialog comments and Risen will spawn to begin attacking the ramp.

 

-Fight the first couple of waves of Risen on the ramp near the bottom, only proceed up to the Research team after the Risen have destroyed all the barricades and the mission indicates to now head to the team at the top of the ramp(small green circle around them on the minimap), rushing this can cause spawning events to trigger in the wrong order and affect cutscenes that follow.

 

- Once with the research team, remain there. It is tempting to move down the ramp in order to fight the undead as they spawn and complete the objective more quickly, however I found on several attempts that this seemed to cause Agent Zrii's spawn after the cutscene with the research team to bug and she failed to appear.

 

- Once Agent Zrii has blown open the cave you are relatively safe to proceed as quickly as you want with the cutscenes however, make certain to kill ALL Risen that spawn as you make your way through the cave system. On one attempt one of my npcs stayed back fighting the mob alone. After running back, killing the mob and then running back to the cave entrance again, the spawn of the mission boss bugged.

 

The overall feeling is that the bugs in this mission seem very much like the event triggers are tempremental and, if you rush through the mission running over the physical location of one trigger, before completing the missions previous trigger event it seems to greatly increase the chances of something bugging.

 

I hope this helps anybody in the future having issues with this mission.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, my research trying to find a solution(plus my personal history) shows this mission has been buggy for a long time now. I have found dozens of times going back to the mission was first reached by players where people had issues very similar to those I encountered.

 

In the interest of fairness I will say that I have completed this mission on six different characters now, of the five older completions(all at least 2+ years ago) four of them I completed the mission without the slightest hitch, proceeding through at my own pace and everything triggering correctly. Only one of those previous clears bugged(as I mentioned in my first post) and that was solved by restarting the mission just once.

 

I don't know if something has been patched in the intervening years and has made the mission more tempremental or if the server was having difficulties or if yesterday was just one of those rare outliers where every possible bug, in a proven buggy mission, decided to occur to me.

 

Most people will probably not have anywhere near the level of issues that I did, likely going through without any problems, but for those who do have some issues I hope that my advice helps!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember bug reporting this in maybe 2016. Bugged on 2 of my 4 characters. 

They won't fix anything from the old parts of the game because they don't know what they're doing with it, and of course nobody likes the personal story anyway...

Still absurd.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, LSD.4673 said:

I remember bug reporting this in maybe 2016. Bugged on 2 of my 4 characters. 

They won't fix anything from the old parts of the game because they don't know what they're doing with it, and of course nobody likes the personal story anyway...

Still absurd.

While I'd love to see bugs like this ironed out, I also don't think it is as simple as "just fix it". Even the story parts and events that bug out don't do it all the time and it is difficult to recreate the bug on purpose or to 100% say what will work around it. The number of times it had a problem for this player is extreme, yes, but I have probably done that story step dozens of times over the past 8 years and don't think I ever had a problem. 

 

Again, I'd love to see it all fixed and working perfectly all the time. I have seen some events get tweaked for fixes, but others just keep getting stuck for whatever reason. Hopefully the tips the person included in the post above can help someone else in this situation in the future.

 

And please don't speak for me when it comes to liking or not liking something. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tanek.5983 said:

While I'd love to see bugs like this ironed out, I also don't think it is as simple as "just fix it". Even the story parts and events that bug out don't do it all the time and it is difficult to recreate the bug on purpose or to 100% say what will work around it. The number of times it had a problem for this player is extreme, yes, but I have probably done that story step dozens of times over the past 8 years and don't think I ever had a problem. 

 

Again, I'd love to see it all fixed and working perfectly all the time. I have seen some events get tweaked for fixes, but others just keep getting stuck for whatever reason. Hopefully the tips the person included in the post above can help someone else in this situation in the future.

 

And please don't speak for me when it comes to liking or not liking something. Thanks.

It is relatively simple: there are countless bug reports, making it straightforward to pin down. The problem is that they laid off the old team when GW2 released and didn't get the userbase they wanted. Now the new programmers don't know what to do with old code (how the hell does a AAA game not have proper documentation or hand overs?!), and their official response is that they can do nothing.

 

...and yes, the vast majority of players hated the PS. Which is why they changed it up for future releases. It's like Icebrood: most people hated it; in real terms, it might as well be everyone...

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LSD.4673 said:

It is relatively simple: there are countless bug reports, making it straightforward to pin down. The problem is that they laid off the old team when GW2 released and didn't get the userbase they wanted. Now the new programmers don't know what to do with old code (how the hell does a AAA game not have proper documentation or hand overs?!), and their official response is that they can do nothing.

 

...and yes, the vast majority of players hated the PS. Which is why they changed it up for future releases. It's like Icebrood: most people hated it; in real terms, it might as well be everyone...

Well, you obviously know more than I do. Have fun.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...