Need Mirage WvW build for roaming

Fiddler.5174

I am a fair roamer and decent 1V1 in WvW.  

I came across two different STAFF MIRAGE CONDITION builds that were just destroying people. I need a good build and tips on how to play it.

I just get smoked on my mirage constantly when roaming. I win once in awhile but over all my damage is just to low. 

I have full gear for EXOTIC Condition and/or power.

Mesmer was my favorite class when I quit playing years ago. (OSICAT build days) I can do great in PVE.

EDIT to add the METABATTLE builds in WvW are not getting it done.

Edited by Fiddler.5174
  • Confused 1

If you quit and came back you should leave again and not give A-net any support until things have changed. What they have done to mirage is a travesty of balance and design. The balance community and devs are biased against mesmer or at best apathetic; If this is your favorite class they do not deserve your time, effort, or money.

You come here looking for a build; but truth is no matter what you will have to play much better with the foisted handicap to do what you normally would on any other class; or else be delegated to support on chrono.

Maybe you can do decent with a Chrono gank spec, and really weigh into that 100+ second cooldown. But after losing the distortion shatter, and any synergy between the two; you may as well just play thief.

• Like 6

Again the 2 staff condi mirage perhaps are actual mesmer mains and knows what they are doing in order for them to perform at that level. Truth be told there are other classes that just outshines mesmers and ofc there are going to be knights of gw2 that says mesmers are fine.

What people don't know is the removal of burn from staff really hurt condi mirage damage overall as well as the torment changes. It furthers the narrative of just run away and not fight condi mirage even more of a thing because to stop confusion you literally dont spam/ use your skills, while torment you literally move and it won't do as much damage. 

• Like 3

It sounds like the people you saw just got out played as opposed to staff Mirage being so good in wvw. One dodge leaves few options for build variety. They are probably going higher damage with less sustain and doing well at timing damage avoidance (skill) to make up for the lack of sustain in the build. In other words, prob something similar to pve meta w maybe blink and another utility swapped in being played at a very high level. I mean any class/espec played at a very high level can 1vN against avg players.

The idea of running duel staff or duel anything is just stupid especially in wvw. You get half the cooldowns. I some times I run Axe/Torch with a staff now that staff damage was changed, but with 2 staffs you lose allot of clone generation and stuff all for the staff auto which to me is just pathetic and stupid. I dont care if it does work, its pure kittening asshattery.

P.S. I do find myself running full pve spec on keep lords tho for for the good dps. They seem to have pretty high attack rates most of the time and are mostly stationary. But I just keep it as a build I swap into its not something I would roam around with.😃

Edited by Moradorin.6217

10 hours ago, Gryxis.6950 said:

condi staff mirage is in a good place in wvw tho

can't say the same about other mirages but for the staff one it's not weak anymore

Staff was never a weak weapon for mirage even before the changes...in fact as a condi mirage it was a staple weapon for it with weapon sets built around having staff on.

Alacrity just allowed power to utilize it more...

On 7/19/2021 at 6:43 PM, Fiddler.5174 said:

I am a fair roamer and decent 1V1 in WvW.  

I came across two different STAFF MIRAGE CONDITION builds that were just destroying people. I need a good build and tips on how to play it.

I just get smoked on my mirage constantly when roaming. I win once in awhile but over all my damage is just to low. 

I have full gear for EXOTIC Condition and/or power.

Mesmer was my favorite class when I quit playing years ago. (OSICAT build days) I can do great in PVE.

EDIT to add the METABATTLE builds in WvW are not getting it done.

Why not whisper the guy or both that you fought and get some build advice ?

I give out advice and my build all the time. 

~obs

On 7/20/2021 at 9:52 AM, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Again the 2 staff condi mirage perhaps are actual mesmer mains and knows what they are doing in order for them to perform at that level. Truth be told there are other classes that just outshines mesmers and ofc there are going to be knights of gw2 that says mesmers are fine.

What people don't know is the removal of burn from staff really hurt condi mirage damage overall as well as the torment changes. It furthers the narrative of just run away and not fight condi mirage even more of a thing because to stop confusion you literally dont spam/ use your skills, while torment you literally move and it won't do as much damage. 

I think i see what u ment...

Issue with mesmers i notice  is that they were always seen as a one pony trick since they were designed to burst n leave they were not designed to play smoothly.

When the burst target fully down on 2-3 seconds, but when it becomes harder to aply that gimmickness, whats of the class left since they were mostly designed to combat that way?

Edited by Aeolus.3615