Twisted Marionette Update

43 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

They're doing revisions to have it start with a minimum player count.

18 minutes ago, SteveMND.1754 said:

Taking it out and reworking it will help make it more viable for everyone, and not just those with Huge Guilds or Huge Time Allotments.

I'm all for revision and improvements, but that is not the reason. Improvements and revisions have so far almost exclusively been done on content that was publicly available during the corresponding improvement and revision process (except when game-breaking bugs were found).

I'm asking why is it different this time? Why not make improvements and revisions while the content is still available as is? It is clearly manageable and enjoyable even for public groups (it's the only way I've been doing it).

The decision to take it out of rotation until the revision is done was deliberate and not something conditioned by underlying technology (based on how the game has been handled and updated all these years).

Edited by Jajo.1428
  • Like 1

Awesome news, thank you for doing this!

1 hour ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:
  • Public Mode: We’re updating the event start timer to only begin after a minimum number of players are present in the instance.

One question, what number do you have in mind?

Edited by DeathMethanol.6358
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Jajo.1428 said:

I'm all for revision and improvements, but that is not the reason. Improvements and revisions have so far almost exclusively been done on content that was publicly available during the corresponding improvement and revision process (except when game-breaking bugs were found). I'm asking why is it different this time? Why not make improvements and revisions while the content is still available as is? It is clearly manageable and enjoyable even for public groups. The decision to take it out of rotation until the revision is done was deliberate and not something conditioned by underlying technology (based on how the game has been handled and updated all these years).

The public version was only planned to exist for the duration of the bonus event, so it was deactivated today automatically. Maybe they need a patch anyway to activate it again?

• Like 5

Is there any reason while the Zealot and Keeper's recipes were not returned to the event too?

It could be a nice incentive to get people to keep doing the event. 

Or maybe a reskin of the Steam or Adamant  weapon sets to give them a Twisted Watchwork look so it can have some unique rewards like Tequatl and Triple Trouble, since reskins take a bit less work that making entire new sets.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MithranArkanere.8957 said:

Is there any reason while the Zealot and Keeper's recipes were not returned to the event too?

It could be a nice incentive to get people to keep doing the event. 

Or maybe a reskin of the Steam or Adamant  weapon sets to give them a Twisted Watchwork look so it can have some unique rewards like Tequatl and Triple Trouble, since reskins take a bit less work that making entire new sets.

They did return. A friend of mine received and sold on the TP a Keeper's ascended recipe of some kind.

Im glad that you will be making this both a Public and a Private mode challenge once you update/fix the bugs. Public for those wanting a bit less stress but still a nice challenge overall and a private so that those that want a more hardcore challenge can do so when they wish. Rewards wise may need a touchup with maybe a +1% or 2% more for the Zealot/keepers stuff but not more than that since it would be great for the challenge and outcome.

Thanks for not making any changes to the fight difficulty. Over the past week I played in both Squad and Public mode and I had a few fails most of them were because of people not ressing downed people while just pressing 1 and walking around.

If anything that needs to be changed with marionette is the problem where people game crashes while they're on the platforms and that causes their lane to fail

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AysonCurrax.3254 said:

I feel that the rewards could use a little touch-up as well. I am not sure if it's worth all the effort for a daily 2 gold, a bunch of sprockets and the usual handful of unidentified gear. Achievements might be a motivation to some, but once they are done, there is not too much to gain here, unless you are in for the sprockets to craft the Tempered Spinal Blades Backpacks, although you can't really do that without a proper way to earn the different Assault Knight Power Cores (Battle for Lion's Arch soon™?).

Just a thought. I would hate for it to come back into the game after years, only to become content no one does because it's not rewarding enough.

Other than that, thanks for the great communication as of late!

You can still get those tho in fractals.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Static_Assault_Knight_Power_Core

While I only sign in to the forums to blow off some steam since a year or two, for once I sign in to say thanks. Those are astute observations and you seem to tackle exactly what bothered me the most about the (private) runs of the event.

Edited by Ray Koopa.2354
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AysonCurrax.3254 said:

I feel that the rewards could use a little touch-up as well. I am not sure if it's worth all the effort for a daily 2 gold, a bunch of sprockets and the usual handful of unidentified gear. Achievements might be a motivation to some, but once they are done, there is not too much to gain here, unless you are in for the sprockets to craft the Tempered Spinal Blades Backpacks, although you can't really do that without a proper way to earn the different Assault Knight Power Cores (Battle for Lion's Arch soon™?).

Just a thought. I would hate for it to come back into the game after years, only to become content no one does because it's not rewarding enough.

Other than that, thanks for the great communication as of late!

I got a Green +5 condi +9 ar infusion from the Marionette last night. Thought that was a pretty cool random drop

I am happy to hear this, and also happy to see the response to players that wanted the public instance to stay. I think it is a fun encounter.

However, I am a bit concerned that this may soon be "forgotten" once everyone finishes achievements and just get's their fill of the game mechanics. Maybe having the public event timer be every 3 or 4 hours to try to funnel more players to the event as well as adding better rewards. In addition to the daily 2g reward, the champion mobs should  drop champ bags during the defense event. The champion regulator mobs on the platform should also drop champ bags. Final chest should include account bound exotic weapons that are stat selectable. Currency could be added in the form of the five types of Season 1 code fragments to make a cypher for unlocking chests in Scarlett's Secret Layer (similar to the original event). Add an achievement with a central Tyria mastery point attached for unlocking each of the chests in the Secret Layer. May be nice to have some exclusive skins in these chests as well. Basically, the event needs to be farmable (replayable). 

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:
  • Public Mode: We’re updating the event start timer to only begin after a minimum number of players are present in the instance.

I think having this type of public queueing (waiting) system in order to start content that requires large scale map coordination could be a boon if implemented widely in a lot of world boss events and future content. The normal boss train already works reasonably well, because one squad can group up people and hop/taxi maps every 15 minutes to go. Also those events are fairly low risk making those 'taxi' squads very approachable in LFG, as those squads are simply looking for bodies no matter what your build is. I personally believe taxiing is somewhat of a crude unintentional use of LFG. It isn't great to be on a dead instance getting your join on map requests rejected.

I hope Arena Net looks into giving players more tools for helping populate world boss and other timed events. Sometimes if you are late to an event, or simply don't know about taxiing, and get put onto a sparsely populated new instance, it can give the wrong impression that the event or even game has no population and is dead, and it is a shame for that impression to be given.

A wait for enough player to specifically join an event before it starts seems like a good move in that direction, but I do wonder how you can handles cases where a map gets stuck half full after the join window ends. Well, I'm sure your solution will smash our concerns.

• Like 2