STILL no balance patch?!!!

Exile.8160

• Exile.8160 changed the title to STILL no balance patch?!!!
7 minutes ago, kybraga.7103 said:

Unfortunately they don't do balance patches a week after doing an update previously. They'll probably do something next week. 

Can't promise it's a balance patch though! (Maybe a gemstore balance patch.)

This mini season is going to be horrible then, necs vs nec mini season it should be called.

Edited by Exile.8160
  • Like 6

I've just accepted it at this point and tailored my builds around the meta.

I've been playing heal scrapper a lot and it's been satisfying. Necros running around spamming torment and chill means I get to give my team might, quickness, and alacrity (from purity of purpose). This is the build I've been using. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAo6lNw8YNsH2JeyTntUA-z5YXGZWAVnAGNA

Fun fact, this build can technically give (nearly) permeant quickness if you face roll your keyboard . I don't recommend blowing your cooldowns like that, but... you can. 

In the (extremely) likely event that you have a necro on your team. Especially if said necro is a reaper. Give them superspeed so they can unga bunga to their hearts content. If they pop lich make sure to give them quickness. Because balance. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

its never gona b balance in this game. previously we have condi mirage, berserker warrior , berserker deadeye, now condi / bunker scourge. what next? trapper DH? flame scrapper?  berzerker soulbeast? trapper druid.? condi weaver?

let say anet nerf them all then what next? back to mesmer again? it will always have one or two class become overpower again,  this is never gona end.  plus scourge is not Invincible it just need to find the right way to kill it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Tribes of midgard. Will be the game i log into everyday starting next week since this game has no development! Such as pvp balance/ meta changes, map obstruction fixes, and a batter matchmaker.

My guess is that the focus going forward with EOD will be PVE and WvW, and SPvP will still exist but have even less support and virtually no updates.

They may be wishing to push towards the normal mmo formula in terms of focused game modes.

SPvP has proven to be a failure, and with 8 years of proof, it is time to let go.

I won't mind, and hope that my guess is accurate.

It would be a better game if we all knew the focus was on two modes, and that the proof was in development of those.

WvW can be really fun, and focusing on that and just putting SPvP into maintenance mode is, in my opinion, the wisest course.

WvW can be limitless if the focus can be put there.

PvP can just be that quick little bump for dailies if you are short on time.

I don't want Anet to fail.

I think the game can still be fun, but it is TOO spread out, at least right now.

I hope they make the game healthier and can attract more players.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 7/21/2021 at 1:48 PM, Crab Fear.1624 said:

My guess is that the focus going forward with EOD will be PVE and WvW, and SPvP will still exist but have even less support and virtually no updates.

They may be wishing to push towards the normal mmo formula in terms of focused game modes.

SPvP has proven to be a failure, and with 8 years of proof, it is time to let go.

I won't mind, and hope that my guess is accurate.

It would be a better game if we all knew the focus was on two modes, and that the proof was in development of those.

WvW can be really fun, and focusing on that and just putting SPvP into maintenance mode is, in my opinion, the wisest course.

WvW can be limitless if the focus can be put there.

PvP can just be that quick little bump for dailies if you are short on time.

I don't want Anet to fail.

I think the game can still be fun, but it is TOO spread out, at least right now.

I hope they make the game healthier and can attract more players.

I played wvw and it is really trash, u just walk doing pve, facing bad players or ganking soloppl with 10 friends. There is no challenge at all. 

• Like 3

On 7/21/2021 at 4:07 AM, Lucentfir.7430 said:

The outlook of this is you should only expect a balance patch near EoD release, anything sooner than that is crème. 

This is the worst case scenario. Sooner than that should be mandatory. EoD releases in 2022. 

The new mechanics and classes introduced with EoD will have at best a tumultuous effect on the state of PvP. After EoD intricate balancing will be even rarer because there will be 9 more specifications to worry about. 

Any balancing passes to make sure the classes we have now are on equal footing need to happen well before the release of EoD. Effort and interest in making sure the competitive scene is playable need to be shown if they expect people largely here for competition to spend their money. If pvp is this unenjoyable when EoD drops it will hurt not only the already miniscule playerbase, but also Arenanet when people drawn by the expansion for pvp prospects actually try it out.

We have no track record or evidence that Anet will magically be interested in PvP once crunch for EoD is over. Most efforts they have made to have a normal balancing cadence since Heart of Thorns have dropped off soon out of the gate for whatever reasons they may have had. They need to work on that before the Xpack. Afterward or within a few weeks of the drop is too late.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

if you dont know what blind thief is, i suggest fighting one before you try to call people out on the forums for playing the game wrong

I main thief, there is no blind thief on any leaderboard and i never got killed by one. 

Sources of blin on thief:

- 8 ini cost combo

- blind powder 32s cd

- smoke screen 36s cd

- trait SA, blind on stealth, 

¦--> steal > stealth > blind

If any thief spends their cd to cause blind, he is stupid, cause he is trying to keep on a fight instead killing as fast as possible plussing. 

And if u get killed by a non-cd thief (cause they are spend all to blind u), you are as bas as I said. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anjo.6143 said:

I main thief, there is no blind thief on any leaderboard and i never got killed by one. 

- 8 ini cost combo

- blind powder 32s cd

- smoke screen 36s cd

If any thief spends their cd to cause blind, he is stupid, cause he is trying to keep on a fight instead killing as fast as possible plussing. 

And if u get killed by a non-cd thief (cause they are spend all to blind u), you are as bas as I said. 

Don't forget about pistol's sneak attack. 100% combo finisher, can be used within black powder to shoot multiple blinding projectiles. Each procs Cloaked in shadow and siphons hp from the enemy 

Dodging in your smoke fields with bounding dodger stealths you, which procs blind in an area around you. Even if you get immediately revealed. If you aim it properly you can use bounding dodger an an ini-free method of acessing your sneak attack. 

Pistol autos and within smoke fields also proc blind at a 20% chance. 

For the record, I don't mind that a build like this exists since it at least lets thief attempt to side-node. 

Edited by Kuma.1503

10 hours ago, anjo.6143 said:

- 8 ini cost combo

- blind powder 32s cd

- smoke screen 36s cd

Lets not forget that with dodge and Black Powder and auto attack  ,on node , you can box pretty well an oponenent , by doing  4-5k and the ini is getting restored in that period

If you feeling cheeky , you can use those cd instead and use Shadow Shot for extra blind/damage and also use auto attack

Edited by Ryuk.6840

10 hours ago, Ryuk.6840 said:

Lets not forget that with dodge and Black Powder and auto attack  ,on node , you can box pretty well an oponenent , by doing  4-5k and the ini is getting restored in that period

If you feeling cheeky , you can use those cd instead and use Shadow Shot for extra blind/damage and also use auto attack

Again, if u lose a 1x1 to a thief with bouding dodge, u are just bad on pvp, shadowshot 5 ini, so 3 atacks and u lost all u ini, so how the heck it would be a "blind thief' build? A 3 skills build?

Seriously, if u are losing 1x1 to a thief, just practice on unranked because u cannot play ranked. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Don't forget about pistol's sneak attack. 100% combo finisher, can be used within black powder to shoot multiple blinding projectiles. Each procs Cloaked in shadow and siphons hp from the enemy 

Dodging in your smoke fields with bounding dodger stealths you, which procs blind in an area around you. Even if you get immediately revealed. If you aim it properly you can use bounding dodger an an ini-free method of acessing your sneak attack. 

Pistol autos and within smoke fields also proc blind at a 20% chance. 

For the record, I don't mind that a build like this exists since it at least lets thief attempt to side-node. 

Pistol or DD power? You are losing 1x1 to a pistol/pistol thief, DD power? Im not reading that, jeez. 

Nvm, forget I was even here.

Edited by anjo.6143
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, anjo.6143 said:

Pistol or DD power? You are losing 1x1 to a pistol/pistol thief, DD power? Im not reading that, jeez. 

Nvm, forget I was even here.

I've yet to run into the build myself, but it was the talk of the forums for a while. Hype surrounding it seems to have died down given Necro and prot holo exist. I gave my personal take on the build. It's fine as far as I'm concerned. It does well into some matchups and poorly into others. More importantly it lets thief attempt to slot into other roles besides your typical +1. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 2