Is this class a scam for solo players?

Trayvon.7362

1 hour ago, Esorono.1039 said:

Elementalists can be rather bulky, between aggro managing using four earth elementals that can survive several nukes, a rather easy access to a stunbreak, protection, and stability, as well as a lot of healing abilities. My Tempest can survive a bit more easily than my Reaper or Herald when playing passively. The trade off though is that the DPS is BAD, the set-up takes a while, and the DPS rotation would bore people to death. So it isn't the way I always play, but if there is difficult content and I don't feel like using my brain at all, it's pretty solid, which is fitting because it's mostly Earth. It's not as good as Reaper or Herald for solo play as both of them can actually kill things, but when focused on living ele can technically solo things if just because it's not going to die.

I would rate Elementalist, beating things to death with a spoon while wearing adamantium armor out of ten. In terms of solo ability.

Weaver is quite strong if you want passive defense.  The balthazar solo video I linked somewhere around here does enough damage to win in 40 seconds, but I literally use no dodges, heals, blocks, or invulns. Just pure facetanking with nearly 100% offensive traits and my health even stays above 85% the whole fight.

The fire/arcane variant is much less passively tanky, but has better healing, barrier, and evasion, making it better for surviving the really tough stuff.  However, it's a much more active play style defensively.

Not to rain on the ele pity parade. I do agree this class has issues compared to other classes.

10 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Weaver is quite strong if you want passive defense.  The balthazar solo video I linked somewhere around here does enough damage to win in 40 seconds, but I literally use no dodges, heals, blocks, or invulns. Just pure facetanking with nearly 100% offensive traits and my health even stays above 85% the whole fight.

The fire/arcane variant is much less passively tanky, but has better healing, barrier, and evasion, making it better for surviving the really tough stuff.  However, it's a much more active play style defensively.

Not to rain on the ele pity parade. I do agree this class has issues compared to other classes.

Yee, I have seen it, though doing so is rather complex and a lot of professions can do it a bit easier than Ele. But it does show that the profession is not in dire straits. It does a lot of good things all at the same time, but doesn't exactly excel, and trying to weave all the good stuff together is rather complex in high stress situations and hurts my walnut brain. I feel all professions have a bit of a weakness, some are a bit more crippling than others, like I really enjoyed Reaper until I ran with a train through HoT and realized that Reaper is molasses, and only made worse as I also have no mount. Meanwhile Ele feels like it just wants to be everything at the same time like me when ADHD strikes me. It's fun, I like the style, but the high skill gameplay of being both high dps and survivable is outside my scope of level. But it doesn't seem to be absolutely terrible like I see on the forums.

17 minutes ago, Esorono.1039 said:

Yee, I have seen it, though doing so is rather complex and a lot of professions can do it a bit easier than Ele. But it does show that the profession is not in dire straits. It does a lot of good things all at the same time, but doesn't exactly excel, and trying to weave all the good stuff together is rather complex in high stress situations and hurts my walnut brain. I feel all professions have a bit of a weakness, some are a bit more crippling than others, like I really enjoyed Reaper until I ran with a train through HoT and realized that Reaper is molasses, and only made worse as I also have no mount. Meanwhile Ele feels like it just wants to be everything at the same time like me when ADHD strikes me. It's fun, I like the style, but the high skill gameplay of being both high dps and survivable is outside my scope of level. But it doesn't seem to be absolutely terrible like I see on the forums.

I feel like it's good to have complex options like weaver.  At least, that is one of the main reasons I enjoy this game.  However, it does chafe a bit when you observe other classes who don't have extreme limitations perform significantly better while having it handed to them with overpowered passive buffs that never get toned down.

Like why does renegade need battle scars and why is it so strong? Why does it use a ranged weapon and have big area effects, yet deal such great damage?  It's frustrating when you look at melee locked sword weaver in comparison.  Shouldn't the melee only build be better since it is so limited?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I feel like it's good to have complex options like weaver.  At least, that is one of the main reasons I enjoy this game.  However, it does chafe a bit when you observe other classes who don't have extreme limitations perform significantly better while having it handed to them with overpowered passive buffs that never get toned down.

Like why does renegade need battle scars and why is it so strong? Why does it use a ranged weapon and have big area effects, yet deal such great damage?  It's frustrating when you look at melee locked sword weaver in comparison.  Shouldn't the melee only build be better since it is so limited?

Yea, i agree. 

Weaver is my fav class because...i play mainly solo open world and yes, weaver is not the best class for it.

But it doesn't feel nice to me if i kill a hard boss with my herald (Renegade 10x better but i prefer herald and its still op). I mean the good feeling is just not there. 

For most bosses i dont even need my heal skills because the passive heal from battle scars and tormenting rune is so ******* high. The feeling of doing well is not there. 

Weaver gives me a good feeling. I mean its "hard" compared to most other classes but its still doing okay in solo. Even able to solo s*** like mushroom queen in td. 

I want still more boons...I ll link my build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGhAw2lZwuYPMJmJOKPnvaA-zRRYcBBSGNcfjRiEoTBo/iEEbgHA-e

The useful boons in pve i have are halfbaked protection and halfbaked might.

And ofc this is not the perfect build but thats the one i enjoy the most. I do well with it and we are playing this game to have fun.

With fire and earth spec there is no way to have more boons. With fire and air you lose protection and gain fury. Each spec except arcane gives 1 boon that is useful in pve. 

There has to be some better boon generation. Earth needs some barrier maybe...maybe gaining barrier based on 2-4% of the bleed damage? Instead of the strike damage bonus i mean...on serrated stones. Would maybe be nice since a lot of people try to Max burn damage and leave bleeding Aside. 

Well where the barrier comes from is still a different thing to talk about but i think a little barrier in core would be cool.

7 minutes ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Yea, i agree. 

Weaver is my fav class because...i play mainly solo open world and yes, weaver is not the best class for it.

But it doesn't feel nice to me if i kill a hard boss with my herald (Renegade 10x better but i prefer herald and its still op). I mean the good feeling is just not there. 

For most bosses i dont even need my heal skills because the passive heal from battle scars and tormenting rune is so ******* high. The feeling of doing well is not there. 

Weaver gives me a good feeling. I mean its "hard" compared to most other classes but its still doing okay in solo. Even able to solo s*** like mushroom queen in td. 

I want still more boons...I ll link my build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGhAw2lZwuYPMJmJOKPnvaA-zRRYcBBSGNcfjRiEoTBo/iEEbgHA-e

The useful boons in pve i have are halfbaked protection and halfbaked might.

And ofc this is not the perfect build but thats the one i enjoy the most. I do well with it and we are playing this game to have fun.

With fire and earth spec there is no way to have more boons. With fire and air you lose protection and gain fury. Each spec except arcane gives 1 boon that is useful in pve. 

There has to be some better boon generation. Earth needs some barrier maybe...maybe gaining barrier based on 2-4% of the bleed damage? Instead of the strike damage bonus i mean...on serrated stones. Would maybe be nice since a lot of people try to Max burn damage and leave bleeding Aside. 

Well where the barrier comes from is still a different thing to talk about but i think a little barrier in core would be cool.

Yeah, we could definitely use some boons.  Weaver is dying for some quickness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Yeah, we could definitely use some boons.  Weaver is dying for some quickness.

I would love some boons, a lot of Ele support feels very subpar, and staff feels like it is trying to be a support weapon, but not really committing to it.