When I read that WvW is a cornerstone of the game...

Ronin.4501

When I read that WvW is a cornerstone of the game I...  

125 members have voted

1. 1. When I read that WvW is a cornerstone of the game I...

• Laughed so hard I almost wet myself
    • Didn't believe it for a second
    • I'll believe it when I see it
    • I fully believe it, but I also believe in Unicorns and Pixies
    • It seems plausible
    • I'm new here and have no opinion

On 7/22/2021 at 12:22 AM, Ronin.4501 said:

Just curious to see what others thought of this statement, especially the vet players of WvW.

Full sentence:

"Our new leadership team views WvW as a cornerstone mode of Guild Wars 2, and it will be a focus of ours going forward."

When I saw this thread, it became clear to me that for some people reading with understanding is still a little bit too hard.

On 7/22/2021 at 4:13 AM, Ronin.4501 said:

"WvW has always been a cornerstone of the game", which is laughable.

They didn't even write anything like that. You just see what you want to see.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Full sentence:

"Our new leadership team views WvW as a cornerstone mode of Guild Wars 2, and it will be a focus of ours going forward."

When I saw this thread, it became clear to me that for some people reading with understanding is still a little bit too hard.

And it seems clear to me that you're unable to grasp the context of this thread.  After almost 9 years of playing in WvW, if you believe even a single word that Anet says, I really can't help you.  They've let us down too many times for us to believe ANYTHING they say until they actually DO it.  I don't care if it's the old leadership team, new leadership team, whatever.  It's been the same letdown over and over and over again.  Then again, maybe you're one of those people who likes to get burned over and over again.

Anyways, I've had my say.  You can go whine over semantics to someone else now.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

And it seems clear to me that you're unable to grasp the context of this thread.  After almost 9 years of playing in WvW, if you believe even a single word that Anet says, I really can't help you.  They've let us down too many times for us to believe ANYTHING they say until they actually DO it.  I don't care if it's the old leadership team, new leadership team, whatever.  It's been the same letdown over and over and over again.  Then again, maybe you're one of those people who likes to get burned over and over again.

Anyways, I've had my say.  You can go whine over semantics to someone else now.

Bruh, of course is about semantics. You can talk about Anet like a singular and perpetual being, but it is just a company where employees come and go, and the new employees (or the ones who were promoted, who knows) have a different views that the Anet you claim has let you down. 

I'm on the same mindset of waiting to see changes before getting all excited, but the truth is... we are already seeing them. Compare the communication of the past two months with the entire 2020. Notice any differences? New expansion doesn't ring a bell? Full information about Alliances and its beta in less than a month neither? Go and check other subforums or reddit when Anet makes an announcement now and you'll see all happy comments celebrating they are actually talking to the community. Many people notice the changes, why you don't? Am I going to see you complaining about Anet letting you down after implementing Alliances + a potential sort of changes?

I can understand you being fully negative (not realistic) if you've been here for years expecting everything and receiving nothing, but that makes you completely biased in the current course of the events, just like the people who "likes to get burned" as you say.

6 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Bruh, of course is about semantics. You can talk about Anet like a singular and perpetual being, but it is just a company where employees come and go, and the new employees (or the ones who were promoted, who knows) have a different views that the Anet you claim has let you down. 

I'm on the same mindset of waiting to see changes before getting all excited, but the truth is... we are already seeing them. Compare the communication of the past two months with the entire 2020. Notice any differences? New expansion doesn't ring a bell? Full information about Alliances and its beta in less than a month neither? Go and check other subforums or reddit when Anet makes an announcement now and you'll see all happy comments celebrating they are actually talking to the community. Many people notice the changes, why you don't? Am I going to see you complaining about Anet letting you down after implementing Alliances + a potential sort of changes?

I can understand you being fully negative (not realistic) if you've been here for years expecting everything and receiving nothing, but that makes you completely biased in the current course of the events, just like the people who "likes to get burned" as you say.

1) We've seen this before. Anet HAS communicated with us in the past, always right before something is about to be released, like PoF and HoT.  They put a little polish on the proverbial kitten, make a few changes (while ignoring a lot of the bigger issues) and then go silent for months or years thereafter. 

2) Not going to go digging for more comments on Twitter or Reddit or other outside sources to prove or disprove what the poll in this thread already shows me.  (Which to me shows that the players who've been around longer don't have a lot of faith in Anet overall, regardless of who's in charge there).

3) Personally I feel Alliances will have the same issues as we have now, but there are enough threads already covering that, and in regards to my opinions on Alliances I seem to be in the minority, but again none of us really knows what will happen until it happens, and I'll leave it at that.

4) A lot of people seem to forget that Anet is still under the thumb of NC Soft, and they only seem to care about the bottom line.  Which means Anet is going to tell us what we want to hear so that we'll all go out and buy EoD.  Again, we've seen this before with HoT and PoF.  At least with HoT we got a new map.  All PoF brought was more imbalance.  Aside from Alliances, what will EoD bring? Your guess is as good as mine.

If the communication continues, Alliances goes well, and the overall experience in WvW improves, I'll gladly eat my words.  But for now, I don't have a lot of faith.  You can say I'm taking the negative approach, but in my eyes I'm taking the realistic approach.  Until the current leadership in Anet actually follows through though, I'm not putting much faith in them, but neither am I putting down anyone who chooses to believe otherwise.

• Confused 1

Well they said alliance beta info will be coming in august, and the expansion probably not going to come till like feb/mar. So plenty of time for them to prove things one way or another, and change wvw minds on buying the expansion or not.

But yeah of course pve people are happy, no matter what they're getting what they want, every time, because they're always the priority. Wvw has been through this song and dance before, even by Colin himself before he left. Can't blame anyone to continue to be skeptical until proven otherwise at this point. It's a wait and see. Plenty of other places to have the positive hype on the expansion in the forums.

They never said it was always a cornerstone btw 🙂

Still laughable they would use those words with wvw, pretty sure it'll stop being a "cornerstone" once the expansion launches.

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Well they said alliance beta info will be coming in august, and the expansion probably not going to come till like feb/mar. So plenty of time for them to prove things one way or another, and change wvw minds on buying the expansion or not.

But yeah of course pve people are happy, no matter what they're getting what they want, every time, because they're always the priority. Wvw has been through this song and dance before, even by Colin himself before he left. Can't blame anyone to continue to be skeptical until proven otherwise at this point. It's a wait and see. Plenty of other places to have the positive hype on the expansion in the forums.

Still laughable they would use those words with wvw, pretty sure it'll stop being a "cornerstone" once the expansion launches.

Actually if you go look at the title of the thread, I didn't state that they had always called WvW a cornerstone of the game.  Just that they said WvW is a cornerstone of the game.  Could I have added a word or two to make it more in the present/future tense? Certainly.  But I wasn't expecting some of the above arguments to be based solely on semantics rather than the actual context of the thread. 😉

But I agree with you wholeheartedly.  It's a wait and see.

*I would also like to share that this was my first ever poll, and the editor kept bouncing it back.  At some point I wasn't as concerned with the exact wording of the title as I was in getting it to actually post.  But I didn't think it was all that misleading as Sobx.1758 seems to think. 😅

Edited by Ronin.4501
Added a note at the bottom.

53 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

kitten, my bad, I hadn't realized I HAD misquoted it in one of my later comments.  Oh well, that's what I get for commenting at 3am.  But still, the notion in and of itself is laughable (Yeah, you better believe the first option in the voting was the one I chose for myself 🤣).

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

kitten, my bad, I hadn't realized I HAD misquoted it in one of my later comments.  Oh well, that's what I get for commenting at 3am.  But still, the notion in and of itself is laughable (Yeah, you better believe the first option in the voting was the one I chose for myself 🤣).

Woah, so in the end it was your bad?

Maybe if you focused more on what I wrote/quoted and less about being overly defensive about your lies mistakes you'd notice that earlier 🙃

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Full sentence:

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Woah, so in the end it was your bad?

Maybe if you focused more on what I wrote/quoted and less about being overly defensive about your lies mistakes you'd notice that earlier 🙃

Nah, you decided to insult me over semantics in your initial response, and in your second response called me a liar (your cutesy cross-out notwithstanding) over it with your second response, all while ignoring the overall context of the thread.  That's why I apologized to XenesisII.1540 instead of you.  Maybe if you focused more on what was being talked about instead of attacking me over a minor misquote (which overall changed nothing in regards to the context of the thread) we wouldn't be having this conversation. 😉

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

Nah, you decided to insult me over semantics in your initial response, and in your second response called me a liar (your cutesy cross-out notwithstanding) over it with your second response, all while ignoring the overall context of the thread.  That's why I apologized to XenesisII.1540 instead of you.  Maybe if you focused more on what was being talked about instead of attacking me over a minor misquote (which overall changed nothing in regards to the context of the thread) we wouldn't be having this conversation. 😉

No need to apologize to me man, we good. 🙂

In fact I probably shouldn't have said anything if someone was gonna get a fat head over it.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

No need to apologize to me man, we good. 🙂

In fact I probably shouldn't have said anything if someone was gonna get a fat head over it.

Actually I'm glad you brought it up, as you didn't attack me by mentioning it, which in turn caused me to go re-read what I had written in the comments the other night and allowed me to correct myself.  It was the other guy that decided that my slight misquote somehow sullied the integrity of the entire thread and made me out to be a "liar". 🤣

8 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

Nah, you decided to insult me over semantics in your initial response, and in your second response called me a liar

It's not "semantics", it's you lying about what they said so you can talk crap, at the same time misleading anyone who didn't read the news, so you can have your biased poll the way you want it 🙃 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Blocki.4931 said:

It definitely is a cornerstone, because despite it all, many people are still playing it and they deserve to have a part in the game.

It is a cornerstone, it was one of the separate leveling/end game areas to play from the beginning, there's no dispute there, it's why many of us have fought word wars to get equal rewards, complete reliance away from pve in every way, and attention to fixes and balancing as the other two cornerstone areas of the game. But anet pretty much never treated it as such is the problem.

Some of us just want to "see" the hype train roll in already, just not be "told" about it, yet again. So we'll see next month, or even on tuesday, maybe, although I'm sure they probably have a lot of other things to talk about for the other cornerstone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/24/2021 at 7:27 PM, XenesisII.1540 said:

It is a cornerstone, it was one of the separate leveling/end game areas to play from the beginning, there's no dispute there, it's why many of us have fought word wars to get equal rewards, complete reliance away from pve in every way, and attention to fixes and balancing as the other two cornerstone areas of the game. But anet pretty much never treated it as such is the problem.

Some of us just want to "see" the hype train roll in already, just not be "told" about it, yet again. So we'll see next month, or even on tuesday, maybe, although I'm sure they probably have a lot of other things to talk about for the other cornerstone.

I never thought I would agree with you on something but here we are.