There is one thing i dont want to see on EOD

we have Gliding for HOT, Mount for POF. we will have new system on EOD. i hope is not the hero system from GW1.

I saw lots of bots around in PVP and WVW ( i am not sure if they plug in recently or from early day as well).  there are really dumb bots. and totally not intelligent, always stuck with some thing.😠 

plz dont tell me they are planning to put that system back into EOD again. 😤

• Like 1

Unpopular opinion : hero in gw2 makes no sense.

- Most of the game can be solo easily.

- Unlike gw 1 you can find full group anytime for every activities in less than 5 minutes. 

- Gameplay istelf is much more complicated and relies a lot on reactivity and reflex, if you put good AI heroes, they will be better than the majority of the playerbase. Just imagine having the choice between peepo who cannot spread greens against sabetha, and a NPC instantly doing it.

Imo, if they add heroes, there's too options :

- Bad AI and complete useless feature. 

- Good AI and they will kill their game and the rest of social interaction once and for all. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Agreed, GW1 combat and pathing was infinitely easier to bot than the chaos that is The GW2 hybrid system. If Anet ever adds a “sunset” system to GW2, it’ll likely be an extension of what they’re already doing now: move more content into instances that can be generated and adjust the scaling of events in game to be accomplished with far fewer players. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The Fear.3865 said:

- Gameplay istelf is much more complicated and relies a lot on reactivity and reflex

That doesn't make it complicated at all. GW1 combat had way more depth and lot of reactions needed there aswell. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

Just now, Jin.8501 said:

That doesn't make it complicated at all. GW1 combat had way more depth and lot of reactions needed there aswell. 

Eh..gw1 had at max 12 people in a map(outside pvp).

Can you imagine every player running around with 4 heroes on every map? Awful.

I tend to agree with the folks who say heroes dont make sense in gw2

• Like 2

everything has been said, it would have no interest on gw2 compared to gw1.

And above all, it would not be a feature that would give them lots of money with the cash shop ... I don't see the players bought lots of armor skins for their hero .

I still feel the housing is coming , it would allow them to sell lots of items in the cash shop or a boat system ( it would be profitable for them financially).

Edited by radda.8920

12 hours ago, The Fear.3865 said:

That opinion is not at all unpopular.

At least it does not seem within scope of this forums.

And as much as I liked heroes in gw1, and would love to be able to tackle some customisable NPCs into certain bits of content, I simply cannot see implementation of heroes in GW2 where it would make any gameplay sense.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JUN YANG.4328 said:

plz dont tell me they are planning to put that system back into EOD again. 😤

I don't want to see it, either, simply because it is neither compatible with GW2's complex skill system, nor with its rigid User Interface (the latter being the bigger issue I see here).

Hero companions in GW1 were great once we could customize them and control their movement and other things. The early henchmen system, however, was quite awful, I agree (yes, Iam looking at you, heal bot Alesia :classic_angry: ).

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1

While I like the idea of heroes/henchmen/companions, partly due to GW nostalgia, the poor implementation of allies in GW2 makes the idea less than desirable. Then you factor in mounts, existing potential lag, visual clutter, and the fact that minis have to be hidden at times, you'd think a serious systems overhaul would be needed just to consider them being added to the game.

Maybe we'll find out in a few days?

I really dont want to see that happen even a single bot like daiblo 2. the reason i had this thought due to anet are really putting bot into different area. (i am not sure PVE, but PVP and WvW) for sure. the game is not as popular as 7~8 years ago. i cant imagine what other new feature they going to put into EOD. to me is either hero or underwater weapon for land use. (but just me😅 )

Edited by JUN YANG.4328
  • Confused 2

Really against the idea - open world PVE is already pretty easy to solo or find one to a few other players to help you get through. GW1 had individual solo instances by default, so heroes/henchmen made sense there since there was nobody else to help out and playing solo required significantly more skill and was much, much more challenging than playing solo in GW2.

Also, I could see this kind of feature being easily exploited for afk farming/botting, especially if there are multiple heroes/henchmen around for no cost indefinitely if they were implemented the same way as in GW1.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

I don't anticipate anything resembling heroes to come with EoD, whatever issues I have with the decisions Anet makes I'm reasonably confident they're competent enough not to include heroes in GW2.

well you never know. i dont expect we will have bot in the game, until i played pvp.  for wvw i cant even tell which one is bot and which is player until someone post a video on youtube.😥

• Confused 2

21 hours ago, Dante.1763 said:

Eh..gw1 had at max 12 people in a map(outside pvp).

Can you imagine every player running around with 4 heroes on every map? Awful.

I tend to agree with the folks who say heroes dont make sense in gw2

Yes I agree heroes do not make sense. I disliked them in GW1 aswell. 

Well imo the more people in the map the less depth combat can have individual level.